Home

Michigan Fur Auction Yesterday

Posted By: claycreech

Michigan Fur Auction Yesterday - 02/16/20 01:49 PM

How did it go? Seems like I remember that being a fair sized one.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Michigan Fur Auction Yesterday - 02/16/20 03:36 PM

Anyone go? Did they have the sale?
Posted By: BigBlackBirds

Re: Michigan Fur Auction Yesterday - 02/16/20 04:12 PM

yep they had sale. guessing 5 or 6 buyers with 3 somewhat more active. i know one of the tman members bought so maybe he'll chime in

didnt keep track of specifics; sure someone will post the ranges and averages. general take aways---its what we all know, there is no market. rats covered the typical $3-4 range everyone has been talking about lately. recall a few at the higher $4-5 end, imagine those mostly came from big cattail marshes on east side of state. there were alot of fairly good sized ,late caught, nice leather coon. seems like lots of people had same idea ---that theyd catch some nice coon and maybe make money which makes some sense given that we have endless supply of coon and production cost is minimal. but i'd say the coon overall were not in any demand. remember prices from $1 to $9. be interesting to see what the true number sold was and the average---i'll take a guess that it was $5-6. if i was going to sell any in future no way id put any time into them; it would be green to groenwold or barnes. im thinking female mink were in the $2-$3 range and the males about a buck more. coyote prices ran the range as youd expect for easterns. dont remember the low or the high but i was very happy with mine considering only included the middle of road easterns on the sale
Posted By: red mt

Re: Michigan Fur Auction Yesterday - 02/16/20 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlackBirds
yep they had sale. guessing 5 or 6 buyers with 3 somewhat more active. i know one of the tman members bought so maybe he'll chime in

didnt keep track of specifics; sure someone will post the ranges and averages. general take aways---its what we all know, there is no market. rats covered the typical $3-4 range everyone has been talking about lately. recall a few at the higher $4-5 end, imagine those mostly came from big cattail marshes on east side of state. there were alot of fairly good sized ,late caught, nice leather coon. seems like lots of people had same idea ---that theyd catch some nice coon and maybe make money which makes some sense given that we have endless supply of coon and production cost is minimal. but i'd say the coon overall were not in any demand. remember prices from $1 to $9. be interesting to see what the true number sold was and the average---i'll take a guess that it was $5-6. if i was going to sell any in future no way id put any time into them; it would be green to groenwold or barnes. im thinking female mink were in the $2-$3 range and the males about a buck more. coyote prices ran the range as youd expect for easterns. dont remember the low or the high but i was very happy with mine considering only included the middle of road easterns on the sale

A very good useable market report nice well done imo
Posted By: live2hunt

Re: Michigan Fur Auction Yesterday - 02/16/20 05:49 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Stanley

Re: Michigan Fur Auction Yesterday - 02/16/20 05:56 PM

You can also go to the MTPCA Face Book page for more details and pictures, plus some video.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Michigan Fur Auction Yesterday - 02/16/20 06:12 PM

Thanks for the update.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums