Home

Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment

Posted By: .204

Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 01:01 AM

https://gunowners.org/bill-barr-needs-to-answer-for-his-role-in-ruby-ridge/
William Barr seems to get a lot of support here. But he is no friend of the 2nd and the fact he defended the FBI sniping in the Ruby Ridge incident is disturbing!
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 01:03 AM

Things that make ya say, HUH!
Posted By: Andy27

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 01:11 AM

This will be deleted about as quick as other threads that are non pro for a certain party. Can’t be true.

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 01:15 AM

Nothing to do with party here, just anti gun.
Posted By: Andy27

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by jwill

So you don’t believe that democrats are associated with being anti gun?

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Andy27

So you don’t believe that democrats are associated with being anti gun?

Doesn't matter, the OP didn't mention party, just anti 2nd.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 01:43 AM

So he was hired or assigned to defend a guy how is that his thoughts and not the job he had to do or was hired to do?

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 01:51 AM

Ill have to look at another story. The way I understand it is he defended him for free, not as part of his job.

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 01:55 AM

Then you need to figure out the reason it might not be that simple that he must be this or that he could of done for a number of reasons look where he’s at now for example.
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 02:35 AM

Left hates Barr!!!!!!!

Enough said

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 03:40 AM

I would not consider GOA a left leaning organization. The guy has some issues. Regardless of his job, to make excuses for an agency that sniped unarmed citizens is wrong.

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 03:45 AM

Nobody was saying anything just looking for facts to back your statements that you don’t seem to have, your just throwing blanket statements out there for others to do the work for you.

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 04:04 AM

Actually I simply posted an article from GOA. I don't see you posting any refutation of what the article states. If it is in fact fallacious I would be happy to disavow it.
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 05:18 AM

Keep it about Barr and the 2nd and the post will stay.
Posted By: Drifter

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 05:55 AM

Barr statement on 2nd

So which is it?
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 12:53 PM

Barr is no different than anyone else in government. He has an agenda. His supporters hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe. Believe this, Barr is ultimately in charge of the FBI and ATF. Bad news.

I don't trust him. His actions so far demonstrate a lack of objectivity and integrity. His comments on Heller are nuanced but troubling.

He is a fed and appears to be the worst kind--one that cares more about the power of the federal government, not the constitution.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 12:58 PM

It appears to be a conundrum. Actions speak louder than words and there is reason for concern relative to Barr's actions in the Ruby Ridge incident. On the other hand, there is quite a bit to be assured about in his confirmation hearing testimony. Something to keep in mind is that Barr had a job to do as AG during RR, and there are times when doing your job means doing things you might not believe should be done, but that's the job and it's your responsibility to do them. That could also mean making sure everyone charged had fair representation.

What I have observed of Barr as the AG in the Trump administration is a very competent and measured man intent on justice. Until I see something different from him I will feel confident that he does not have an anti-2nd Amendment agenda.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 01:08 PM

I dont trust anyone holding an elected office to protect any of my rights. I do trust that the majority of my fellow country men and women still want to be free people. So long as we demand our rights, so long as we are willing to bear arms to defend them, we will keep them.

I am hoping for and expecting, the supremes to loosen up gun control laws in states like CA, IL, MA, NY, CT, and NJ. I don't really trust them to uphold constitutional doctrine like shall not be infringed but the last few years they have affirmed peoples right to defend themselves.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Drifter
Barr statement on 2nd

So which is it?

Drifter this text is from your link.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/ag...ing-confirmation-hearings/#ixzz6EVaLxvwX
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

And so there is no question under Heller that the right to have weapons, firearms, is protected under the Second Amendment and is a personal right. At the same time there is room for reasonable regulation.

Although I have no formed opinion if Barr believes in the second amendment in the same context as I do terms like "reasonable regulation" always make me a little nervous and I feel that we should look at a person's actions as an indicator not their words.

Red flag laws give me great pause.

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 04:01 PM

I realize that States are making their own red flag laws but I'm sure they do it with glee knowing the sitting AG is behind them with support. Tag that with his position on "reasonable regulation" and I would say he's not our buddy when it comes to the 2nd. From what I see, he's pushing for gun control. LINK

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 05:15 PM

You don't get to be the AG by being a dummy. Same goes for getting elected to the whitehouse.

No way Barr or Trump either one really believes more law will reduce the number of crimminals and crazy people that are armed. This worries me. So what else are they lying about?
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 06:15 PM

Sometimes people fail to look at or choose to ignore the overall picture by saying Trump didn't do something with regards to the second amendment as though that's supposed to show that he's anti-gun. One issue doesn't determine the entire picture as some like to insinuate.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 06:31 PM

The left and the Republican swamp drove Trump straight into the arms of conservatives. They were the cause of his epiphany and maybe the same thing will happen with Barr. I trust both of them.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 06:37 PM

Barr, if this judge does what I think she's up to does, well we what Barrs made of.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Sometimes people fail to look at or choose to ignore the overall picture by saying Trump didn't do something with regards to the second amendment as though that's supposed to show that he's anti-gun. One issue doesn't determine the entire picture as some like to insinuate.

It's about what he DID do and say, rather than what he didn't do or say.

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose

It's about what he DID do and say, rather than what he didn't do or say.

You missed my point. You pick one issue out and make like he's anti-second amendment.

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 07:30 PM

If the US AG gives the green light for red flag laws do you not think that influences pretty much everyone to push the envelope?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 09:08 PM

Trump banned bump stocks-turf him out.
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
You don't get to be the AG by being a dummy. Same goes for getting elected to the whitehouse.

No way Barr or Trump either one really believes more law will reduce the number of crimminals and crazy people that are armed. This worries me. So what else are they lying about?

i disagree My basis is obama !!

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
Trump banned bump stocks-turf him out.

that's the least of his 2a sins.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 11:37 PM

I dont trust anyone holding an elected office to protect any of my rights.

This represents my opinion on government entirely. Anyone seeking office is immediately suspect to me.

"Five year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains..."

Mike
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/20/20 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hydropillar

i disagree My basis is obama !!

Lol,,Bush Jr. Was no Einstein either. smile
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/21/20 01:40 AM

Actually I simply posted an article from GOA. I don't see you posting any refutation of what the article states. If it is in fact fallacious I would be happy to disavow it.

Fair enough, jwill.
BTW, I wasn't voicing my acrimony toward you, but to some who were responding to your original post.
We're good, you and I.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/21/20 02:04 AM

When the legislative, judicial, and executive branches became a career instead of it being honorable men/women as servants of liberty, liberty was lost. I'm sure Barr's actions were what he deemed best to further his career. We the people have an option to reign in .gov to what it was intended to be. Unfortunately, we the people are to afraid to wield it. Best we can do is support the lesser of two evils. A search for a messiah of the political class is futile.
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/21/20 02:08 AM

I guess we can go back to Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch if that suits you better . There is no perfect politician just the LESSER of the evils that are important to you .
Posted By: rex123

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/21/20 02:38 AM

Barr wants to expand background checks and is for owner registration.

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/21/20 05:37 AM

My question is why. I do not believe he thinks that will reduce gun crime
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/21/20 06:10 AM

What legislative authority does Barr have? Trump knows who his base is and therefore on which side his bread is buttered. Barr is a political appointee and serves at the pleasure of the President.

If you feel strongly about it contact the President with your concerns. You can even suggest who should replace him.

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/21/20 10:20 AM

graydog, do you think the president would answer that question?

I got an opinion polll the other day from the republican party. i was reading through it and some of my opinions were not one of the answers. At the end of it the last question was how much money was I going to send them. So my question of why were they spending who knew how much on the poll and postage was answered.

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/21/20 03:31 PM

The bottom line is neither Trump nor Barr will ever be as anti-gun as any of the six democrats running for president. If you think otherwise, you are spinning your wheels.

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/21/20 03:36 PM

I refused to Vote for Romney or McCain. Said there wasnt ten cents difference in them and B.O. Took a lot of flack for saying it.
Turns out I was right.

I will most likely vote Trump again but don't be fooled into thinking I trust him to defend my civil rights. Again, I think it is my neighbors, willing to stand up and resist , that are responsible for the rights we enjoy.

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/21/20 04:47 PM

The bottom line is neither Trump nor Barr will ever be as anti-gun as any of the six democrats running for president. If you think otherwise, you are spinning your wheels.

That's absolutely true, but that doesn't make them gun friendly by default, either. A politician can support a whole lot of gun control and still not be as anti-gun as the average democrat. Don't be fooled into thinking that just because someone is a republican or isn't as anti-gun as a democrat that they are actually pro-gun.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/21/20 06:46 PM

I don't think anyone has the illusion an elected official won't bend with enough pressure. It's the ones going in with the mindset to restrict our rights that really, really don't need a vote.

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/21/20 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by loosegoose

That's absolutely true, but that doesn't make them gun friendly by default, either. A politician can support a whole lot of gun control and still not be as anti-gun as the average democrat. Don't be fooled into thinking that just because someone is a republican or isn't as anti-gun as a democrat that they are actually pro-gun.

I guess it's a matter of what you feel qualifies as pro-gun. Not all, but most democrats would support a total ban on guns if possible. Not all, but most republicans would not support a total ban on guns.

IMO, I conclude that most democrats are anti-gun. Most republicans are pro-gun. Republicans aren't going to take your guns away. Democrats aren't either, but they would if they could.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/21/20 07:45 PM

graydog, do you think the president would answer that question?

I got an opinion polll the other day from the republican party. i was reading through it and some of my opinions were not one of the answers. At the end of it the last question was how much money was I going to send them. So my question of why were they spending who knew how much on the poll and postage was answered.

I think it would be read by a staffer and if enough are received then he might hear the concerns about Barr. Discussing topics on here is great but not.nearly enough. Elected representatives need to know what the people think and they don't know if we don't tell them
Posted By: coydog2

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/21/20 07:59 PM

Here some things about Barr some might like to know about
https://www.facebook.com/AmericansAg...4392669102288/
Did you know?

William Barr was the attorney general that approved the Siege on Waco first!
Janet Reno was not the Attorney General until March 12th, 14 days into the siege of Mount Carmel Church at Waco.

William Barr was attorney general under the Bush Administration for 2 years.

Barr first sent agents to Ruby Ridge August 21st 1992, and gave orders to take Randy Weaver dead or alive.
5 months later Barr was still attorney general on Feb. 28, 1993 and again authorized the attack on the Mount Carmel Church in Waco, but because of his involvement and him giving legal advice to Lon Tomohisa Horiuchi, the FBI agent that shot and killed Vicki Weaver, he left office and President Clinton appointed Janet Reno as the new attorney general March 12th, 14 days into the standoff of Waco.

William Barr then for the next few years become one of the main attorneys defending the actions of agent Lon Horiuchi who shot Vicki Weaver, condoning his and the actions of the agents that were responsible for the deaths of over 80 men, women and children of the Mount Carmel Church in Waco Texas.
February 14, 2019
William Barr was just re-appointed as the new attorney general by president Trump.
President Trump also agreed to appoint William Barr's son-in-law , Tyler McGaughey, as his new presidential adviser. Mcgaughey will be leaving his job in the Justice Department.
President Trump appointed William Barr's oldest daughter to a undisclosed position in the White House.

Not only has William Barr been a practicing attorney for many years he also worked for the CIA and NASA, spying on Americans unconstitutionally, and supported the Patriot Act, supported indefinite detention, even working for Verizon, and worked hard to condone the the actions of ATF and FBI agents during Ruby Ridge and Waco, while serving as attorney general during Ruby Ridge and the first 14 days of the Waco seige, then going on to be one of the defense lawyers for the ATF agents during the government's following prosecution and investigation.

"Holding a sniper liable would “severely undermine, if not cripple, the ability of future attorneys general to rely on such specialized units in moments of crisis such as hostage taking and terrorist acts.”

~ William Barr ~

https://www.theamericanconservative....g-fbi-snipers/

https://gunowners.org/bill-barr-need...in-ruby-ridge/
https://247sports.com/college/auburn...ge--140402358/
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/22/20 02:37 AM

Polls are a good thing you should answer them when you get a chance especially ones that are put out. By the politicians themselves . they are reaching out to hear the voices of their constituants . If your answer is not a choice write it in . The only time your voice can be heard louder is when you vote with a vote . there is no way to explaine your reasons unless there is an exit pollster there .
I used to hate them myself but then i got to thinking them politicians watch the polls much the way trappers and farmers check the markets . So ive started answering them when i get a chance .
once in a while they may listen to the angry letters or emails or protest ,how often do you do what sombody angrily yells at you . A poll expresses it self in raw statistics . They are as coruptible as any human endeavour but if you dont answer and express your views , let your voice be part of the statistics then all they get to hear are the most vocal and outspoken views
Posted By: grumley701

Re: Barr no friend of mine or the 2nd amendment - 02/22/20 02:41 AM

Got my concerns about Barr, dont want to say anymore so my post dosen't get deleted..... laugh
© 2024 Trapperman Forums