Home

Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska

Posted By: yukonjeff

Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 07:31 AM

Looks like Don Jr will be Hunting brown bear near Nome this spring.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/202...-to-hunt-grizzly-bear-in-western-alaska/
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 07:35 AM

Good luck to him.
Posted By: Pete in Frbks

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 10:47 AM

The "comments" section of the ADN for that article give one an extremely good overview of what Anchorage has become!!!!! Lord help us.....

Pete
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 12:25 PM

I thought I read am article that said there were like 24 tags available and he was only one of three or four people that applied. Wonder why so few people applied?
Posted By: dublelung

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by tlguy
I thought I read am article that said there were like 24 tags available and he was only one of three or four people that applied. Wonder why so few people applied?

I read that too. Said most years theres way more applicants than tags.
Posted By: Gulo

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by dublelung

I read that too. Said most years theres way more applicants than tags.

Russian collusion...
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 01:25 PM

I wondered the same?
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 01:26 PM

Hope he shoots a big bear! Will have the anti's in a tizzy for sure!

Chris
Posted By: goatman

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pete in Frbks
The "comments" section of the ADN for that article give one an extremely good overview of what Anchorage has become!!!!! Lord help us.....

Pete

Your Anchorage is our Chicago. A very high % of IL is red. I wish JR the best of luck. For those that don't know it Donald Jr hunts,fishes, or camps about every weekend.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 01:28 PM

If you read the article it said that the area had very few trophy sized bears and was rugged and remote and very expensive to access. Not any ones first choice.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Hodagtrapper
Hope he shoots a big bear! Will have the anti's in a tizzy for sure!

Chris

I do too!!!
Posted By: Dave Kimball

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 02:21 PM

It's gonna be tougher for him to make those hunts after Nikki Haley names him as her VP. I was on the ground when Dick Cheney flew into Stuttgart, AR to shoot a limit of ducks. They can make it happen, but it's tough. Ha. Cheney didn't shoot anyone on that trip. laugh
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 02:26 PM

Cheney used to come to a couple local plantations twice a year to quail hunt. I worked with the SS and Whitehouse communications setting up whatever they needed. That was always a cool experience.
Hope Jr finds a trophy!
Posted By: Art S

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 02:47 PM

I just hope a triceratops doesn't jump in front of his bear ,
the haters wouldn't let him get away with killing 2 of them .
lol
Posted By: Dave Kimball

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 02:53 PM

WB...Retired Navy EOD here. We swept the routes and venues before the Secret Service posted watchstanders. Small world.
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Cheney used to come to a couple local plantations twice a year to quail hunt. I worked with the SS and Whitehouse communications setting up whatever they needed. That was always a cool experience.
Hope Jr finds a trophy!

Till Cheney started shooting the other hunters instead of quail. frown
Posted By: cat_trapper_nv

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 03:17 PM

What liberals don't under stand is we are going to have Trump in 2024 as well. Trump Jr I think has more favor than his dad.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 04:18 PM

Don Jr. drew DB685. That allows him to hunt in units 22C and 22B. As a non resident, he is required to hire a guide to hunt brown/grizzly bear. I saw some posts on Facebook that led me to believe he has contracted with Tom Gray of Nome. The area regularly produces B&C bears. It used to be a great spring bear hunt but warming has made it difficult to access the country on snogo when bears are out of the den. Fall hunts are with boat or ATV. I worked for a guide out of Koyukuk years ago whose clients often took big bears. One guy had the B&C record for several years at 27 and 2/16ths in. Record is now 27 and 5. I think.
Will be interesting to read the hoopla on FB when he arrives in Nome.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Kimball
WB...Retired Navy EOD here. We swept the routes and venues before the Secret Service posted watchstanders. Small world.

Haha!! The electronic perimeter security they’d deploy kept them boys on the move all night. Day 2 I came back and them boys had no sleep and spent the entire night chasing deer, lol. I remember on one of those visits there was a gorgeous SS agent. Only reason I remembered her, other than her looks, was she brought me a biscuit!

And thank you for your service!
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
If you read the article it said that the area had very few trophy sized bears and was rugged and remote and very expensive to access. Not any ones first choice.

I missed that part. Thanks for the info!
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 04:48 PM

Excellent, good luck
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pete in Frbks

Pete

Anchorage Daily Worker is the Washington Post. ...comes complete with paid Trolls. I don't think many are Alaskans commenting, but in all fairness we do have our idiots too.
Posted By: wr otis

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/25/20 05:43 PM

Either one of the major trapping orgs or possibly Tman, might want to think about trying to set him up with a wolf hunt somewhere. Just having trappers mentioned as part of a hunt would be good PR, for a group that gets very little unless it's bad PR.

I wouldn't expect him to get involved in trapping, nor would I make it a condition. That's not to say he might not want to learn a little about it.

This to me is maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity, who knows when the next hunting person of his status will come along.

I would also say there is a good possibility you might be inviting a future president on that wolf hunt.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Donald Trump Jr Hunting Bear in Alaska - 02/26/20 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman

Most of the area is remote. Did not see any reference to lack of trophy bears. That area produces a B&C bear almost yearly. Locals rarely submit skulls to B&C. ADF&G sealing records would better show number of large skulls. I lived in that area for many years.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums