Home

MN. Red Flag Law

Posted By: Snowpa

MN. Red Flag Law - 02/26/20 02:36 AM

Thursday and then the confiscation begins . Or does it?
Posted By: Woodsloafer72

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/26/20 04:40 AM

The lunatics in St. Paul slip one through?
Posted By: Calvin

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/26/20 05:51 AM

MN can't move fast enough to become California II. Mark my words, MN will go for the statewide fur ban soon as well (just as they have done in Mpls). There are groups already pushing it statewide.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/26/20 06:29 AM

bloomberg is paying for the red flag laws in Minnesota and across the nation.

https://www.minnesotagunrights.org/tag/michael-bloomberg/

It is no secret that bloomberg is paying for the red flag laws to be written by congress people and advertised to the masses. bloomberg is the spearhead of the current anti Second Amendment movement.

bloomberg just spent 8 million trying to get red flag laws passed in Texas.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...control-lobby-plans-8m-ad-blitz-in-texas

bloomberg spent over 100 million in the last midterm election to get 24 anti Second Amendment congressional candidates elected. 21 of the 24 were unfortunately elected.

bloomberg spent additional 10 million during that election on anti gun ads.

bloomberg is the largest current threat to our freedom.

Keith
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/26/20 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Snowpa

What are you referring to?
Posted By: Getting There

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/26/20 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
bloomberg is paying for the red flag laws in Minnesota and across the nation.

https://www.minnesotagunrights.org/tag/michael-bloomberg/

It is no secret that bloomberg is paying for the red flag laws to be written by congress people and advertised to the masses. bloomberg is the spearhead of the current anti Second Amendment movement.

bloomberg just spent 8 million trying to get red flag laws passed in Texas.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...control-lobby-plans-8m-ad-blitz-in-texas

bloomberg spent over 100 million in the last midterm election to get 24 anti Second Amendment congressional candidates elected. 21 of the 24 were unfortunately elected.

bloomberg spent additional 10 million during that election on anti gun ads.

bloomberg is the largest current threat to our freedom.

Keith

X2

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/26/20 03:10 PM

The only way to stop the RED FLAG LAW is to re-call the Governor that signed the bill into law. The reason for the recall would be for not upholding there oath of office. It would take a lot of work and you would have to know every reason the RFL is unconstitutional. JMO

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/26/20 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er

What are you referring to?

They vote Thursday ,Then the confiscation process begins .First they will decide what date it goes in effect ,Then ?
Posted By: flash

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/26/20 09:30 PM

never heard of the fur band in mpls??? i haven't lived up there since 97, your winters and aren't aloud to wear fur....... unreal.

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 02:03 AM

There is not a fur ban in MN.

Snowpa, who are they? Do you have a link or a bill number?
Posted By: Calvin

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 07:31 AM

Minneapolis has approved a fur ban (with some exceptions) It's Not statewide...YET. They are pushing for it statewide, similar to what Calif now has.

I also recently spoke with an older MN DNR biologist (who traps). He doesn't believe trapping will be around long here in MN.

Stay tuned

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 07:41 AM

Calvin, as far as I am aware the fur ban that was proposed in Minneapolis is dead in the water, did I miss something?

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 03:27 PM

Today the Red Flag law is being voted on ,I don't know about a fur ban vote or if there is one

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 03:29 PM

I am referring to the Red Flag Law ,Sorry for not clarifying sooner

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 04:25 PM

Snowpa, do you have a source for your info? Link? Newspaper story?

I can assure you we will not have a red flag law after today, I wont make any guarantees about after session is conclued but not today. Same as last year, I don't see the senate passing it.

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 05:24 PM

I heard it on Fox a couple days ago . No more ,No less

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 05:26 PM

A Minnesota House committee has passed a proposed “red flag” law that would allow families and police to get court orders to temporarily remove guns from people judged to be an imminent danger to themselves or others.
The House public safety committee approved the bill 10-7 along party lines Thursday. The same panel on Wednesday night approved another gun control bill, to require universal criminal background checks on all gun purchases.
Both bills are expected to win approval on the House floor. They’re on the top 10 priorities list for the House Democratic majority.
Republican Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka says they’re not going anywhere in his chamber. But Democratic Sen. Ron Latz says he’s ready to try a procedural maneuver to force votes if need be.
By The Associated Press | ap@ap.com |
February 28, 2019 at 6:02 p.m.
Posted By: JTaddeo

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 05:44 PM

I know this, I WILL NOT serve again to save these idiots after they find out what a dark path they are headed down....in fact the world NEEDS RESET ANYWAY...

Perhaps Corona Virus is here to take of that...IDK

It won't matter anyway because I'll already be an outlaw BY THEIR HAND'S...

And since I don't half a## anything I'll do my best to be good at it....

These people are not any kind of American that I can even recognize.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 05:52 PM

Dirty Rats!!!
Posted By: walleye101

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 06:15 PM

Here is a link to comment directly to Senator Paul Gazelka, and encourage him to stand firm in the Senate.

https://www.senate.mn/members/member_email_form.php?member_id=1169
Posted By: Woodsloafer72

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 06:27 PM

A Minnesota House committee has passed a proposed “red flag” law that would allow families and police to get court orders to temporarily remove guns from people judged to be an imminent danger to themselves or others.
The House public safety committee approved the bill 10-7 along party lines Thursday. The same panel on Wednesday night approved another gun control bill, to require universal criminal background checks on all gun purchases.
Both bills are expected to win approval on the House floor. They’re on the top 10 priorities list for the House Democratic majority.
Republican Senate Majority Leader Paul Gazelka says they’re not going anywhere in his chamber. But Democratic Sen. Ron Latz says he’s ready to try a procedural maneuver to force votes if need be.

Looking at the date this appears to be a year old?

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 06:28 PM

The RED FLAG law is far more reaching than you think. I would suggest you get a copy of the bill and read it. Most likely 20 pages long. My question to people," how many of your constitutional right are you willing to give up until you have had enough" What gives the police the right to come into your home on hear say evidence. Don't have a x-wife get mad because she did not get the sports car. You could get red flagged you are guilty until proven innocent
JMO
Posted By: hippie

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 06:31 PM

I saw where New Mexico's gov signed a sweeping gun bill into law and told the police that said they wouldn't enforce it to resign.

I can't post links, maybe someone could for all to see how crazy they are getting.

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 06:33 PM

I see there's a seperate thread about this.....disregard.

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 06:37 PM

If the New Mexico's Gov. give that order and gun bill is unconstitutional he should be removed from office. IF the officer is making arrest that are unconstitutional he/she should be removed from his/her position. The both took a oath of office.

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 07:14 PM

No ifs about it. Text is on the " more liberal gun control" thread by Danny.

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/27/20 09:00 PM

Snowpa, this is an article from last year and the gun control bills didnt make it out of the senate.

But with that said MN legislature operates on a biennium, this year is the second half of that biennium. Dont take what I say next is gospel but it's close. Bills from last year can be reintroduced again this year without having to go through the whole process as long as those bills went through the committee process last year. I believe they only need on favorable committee hearing.

I fully expect the house will again pass the red flag laws, universal background laws and any other gun control bills that may be out there. I also fully expect the senate will kill them. The Democrats have said they think that attempt to pass these laws again this year and expect it will negatively effect the Republicans come November.

I now see HF9(red flag) has been resurrected and has had it's second reading. It's on the calendar of the day today so they could vote on final passage and I'd be shocked if it doesn't pass. That doesn't mean it will become law. The senate will still have to pass it. The Dems will try to join these bills with some omnibus bill. No way will the senate pass any gun control laws on a stand along bill. I don't think the senate will pass any omnibus bills with gun control laws either.

When this passes the house all gun loving Minnesotans will have to contact Senator Gazelka and their respective legislators. It's gonna be a fight.

If anyone wants to follow the red flag bill here is a link

HF9

Here is the universal background check HF8
\

HF8

Thanks for the heads up.

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 02/28/20 06:40 PM

Snowpa, this is an article from last year and the gun control bills didnt make it out of the senate.

But with that said MN legislature operates on a biennium, this year is the second half of that biennium. Dont take what I say next is gospel but it's close. Bills from last year can be reintroduced again this year without having to go through the whole process as long as those bills went through the committee process last year. I believe they only need on favorable committee hearing.

I fully expect the house will again pass the red flag laws, universal background laws and any other gun control bills that may be out there. I also fully expect the senate will kill them. The Democrats have said they think that attempt to pass these laws again this year and expect it will negatively effect the Republicans come November.

I now see HF9(red flag) has been resurrected and has had it's second reading. It's on the calendar of the day today so they could vote on final passage and I'd be shocked if it doesn't pass. That doesn't mean it will become law. The senate will still have to pass it. The Dems will try to join these bills with some omnibus bill. No way will the senate pass any gun control laws on a stand along bill. I don't think the senate will pass any omnibus bills with gun control laws either.

When this passes the house all gun loving Minnesotans will have to contact Senator Gazelka and their respective legislators. It's gonna be a fight.

If anyone wants to follow the red flag bill here is a link

HF9

Here is the universal background check HF8
\

HF8

Thanks for the heads up.

Well we will soon see , Both bills passed the house so its on to the senate

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 01/01/22 05:23 PM

I believe it passed correct me if I am wrong

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 01/01/22 07:11 PM

??

I'm not seeing anything about it that isn't close to a year old.

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 01/01/22 07:48 PM

You are wrong

Never got a vote in the senate
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 01/01/22 07:50 PM

I told yall yankee states you should pay Savell to move up there and vote him in as your governor!

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 01/01/22 08:01 PM

That would be nice but he'd have a hard time with the cold

31 below this morning
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 01/01/22 08:05 PM

I better hide my guns then, I ain't been fit for years!!!! Lol jk
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 01/01/22 10:03 PM

EVERY TIME a Red Flag law is enforced, your 1st, 2nd, and 4th Amendment Rights are violated.
Every time!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 01/02/22 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
I told yall yankee states you should pay Savell to move up there and vote him in as your governor!

He wouldn't like 20 below Zero or the beer

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 01/02/22 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Woodsloafer72

Looking at the date this appears to be a year old?

It is but they just passed it a couple weeks ago
Posted By: MNTrapper21

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 01/02/22 04:25 PM

Even if it ever did pass, just try and come to take them. Not a good idea
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 01/02/22 04:31 PM

Nothing in print about it?
Posted By: CaseXX

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 01/02/22 04:49 PM

Obviously your state is different than mine. Our elect. Officials are only part time. Even if yours are not it seems that they would be on Christmas break for the last few weeks, maybe not. But to be back in session already and voting on major legislative matters this week stretches my ability to imagine.

What I find most times in my state people don't realize just how a bill is introduced then assigned to a committee then given a reading or, not, tabled. Then sent across the hall to happen a second time then voted on by all before being given to the gov. For sig. or veto. Add in news hoopla and things can become confuseing

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 01/02/22 04:51 PM

You are wrong

Never got a vote in the senate

Hope you are right
Posted By: claycreech

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 01/02/22 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Calvin

Minneapolis has approved a fur ban (with some exceptions) It's Not statewide...YET. They are pushing for it statewide, similar to what Calif now has.

I also recently spoke with an older MN DNR biologist (who traps). He doesn't believe trapping will be around long here in MN.

Stay tuned

Calvin,
If that happens ya better head for your old stomping ground’s down here in conservative Missouri.
Trapping ain’t going away here.

Re: MN. Red Flag Law - 01/02/22 05:06 PM

Hope you are right

No hope about it. It didn't pass last year and they 8snt any way it could have passed "a couple of weeks ago"

Session doesn't start untill the end of January
© 2024 Trapperman Forums