Oolagoob spelled backwards.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: What Is the Boogaloo? - 02/26/20 06:05 PM

I guess I understood it to be TEOTWAWKI in millennial speak

TE·O·TWAW·KI
/ˌtēəˈtwôkē/
Learn to pronounce
nounINFORMAL
a catastrophic event that destroys the existing institutions and norms of society.
"when TEOTWAWKI comes, we must survive, even if the government does not"

the young people just expect that a second civil war is the most likely reason for such an event.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: What Is the Boogaloo? - 02/26/20 06:45 PM

Was a dance in my day, “boogaloo down Broadway.”
Posted By: Wolfdog91

Re: What Is the Boogaloo? - 02/27/20 01:03 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Davisfur

Re: What Is the Boogaloo? - 02/27/20 01:57 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: What Is the Boogaloo? - 02/27/20 03:24 AM

You guys give the fed agencies way too much credit for being able to function under extreme stress. If the real Boogaloo happens, there will be plenty of ATF guys and gals taking care of their own first and not trying to take guns away from people. Just like what happened during actual first few days of Katrina when things were at a tipping point. There were plenty of NO cops home taking care of their own.

I'm not in any fed LE organization but my leadership couldn't fight or direct their way out of a wet paper sack. Bureaucrats typically aren't real leaders, especially when the stuff is hitting the fan. There is no one in my organization that I would follow out of the trench and over the barbed wire because 1) they wouldn't be doing that in the first place, and 2) they'd cut and run the first time they could clearly CYA themselves. There is no one, and its been this way for a good while, who I would trust in my agency to have enough true leadership to not blow the bridge too late while still waiting for the rear guard to make their way to the river and not blow the bridge too early and trap the rear guard on the bad side. Probably 90% or more of these guys and gals would blow the bridge too early and be on their merry way. I'm not too worried about the civilian feds messing up your Boogaloo plans...
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: What Is the Boogaloo? - 02/27/20 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
You guys give the fed agencies way too much credit for being able to function under extreme stress. If the real Boogaloo happens, there will be plenty of ATF guys and gals taking care of their own first and not trying to take guns away from people. Just like what happened during actual first few days of Katrina when things were at a tipping point. There were plenty of NO cops home taking care of their own.

I'm not in any fed LE organization but my leadership couldn't fight or direct their way out of a wet paper sack. Bureaucrats typically aren't real leaders, especially when the stuff is hitting the fan. There is no one in my organization that I would follow out of the trench and over the barbed wire because 1) they wouldn't be doing that in the first place, and 2) they'd cut and run the first time they could clearly CYA themselves. There is no one, and its been this way for a good while, who I would trust in my agency to have enough true leadership to not blow the bridge too late while still waiting for the rear guard to make their way to the river and not blow the bridge too early and trap the rear guard on the bad side. Probably 90% or more of these guys and gals would blow the bridge too early and be on their merry way. I'm not too worried about the civilian feds messing up your Boogaloo plans...

I (possibly mistakenly) understand the boogaloo to be the anarchy that ensues after some political blowhard decides to confiscate guns... And the ensuing massacre of the agents sent to collect them.

I don't have a lot of experience with government agencies, but in my limited experience if it isn't in the policy manual then dropping the ball is standard practice.

Mike
Posted By: Msturm

Re: What Is the Boogaloo? - 02/27/20 08:32 AM

It is a reference to a terribly great break dance movie from 1984. Called Breakin' 2 the electric Boogaloo. The term boogaloo is used to refer to any poorly done sequel.
Posted By: mole

Re: What Is the Boogaloo? - 02/27/20 09:53 AM

Cheap imported African Pig Casterators
© 2024 Trapperman Forums