Home

sinuses killing me

Posted By: Finster

sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 12:48 AM

Anyone have a home cure? I get this once or twice a year. I will get upper sinus headaches that feel as if someone is driving a nail through my eye. I believe I've posted this before. It usually happens about an hour after I'm asleep and will wake me from the dead. Sometimes with such severe pain, It's all I can do to make it to a shower to hope the steam will help, That's about 50-50. Done the netti pots, and most of the other like type things. Nothing ever seems to completely relive it. It just stated a few days ago and I'm in for weeks of pain. Doctors are no help by the way. Any suggestions?
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 12:52 AM

Find the matching co sinus and you should be able to round that off. Then again, two thirds of all people are no good at math and the other half don't give a hoot.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 12:55 AM

Set a 330 and trip it with your hand...head won’t hurt anymore.

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be

Oh no! I'm not falling for that again!

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Scuba1
Find the matching co sinus and you should be able to round that off. Then again, two thirds of all people are no good at math and the other half don't give a hoot.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 01:07 AM

you ever tried grinding fresh dug horse radish?
Posted By: Catch22

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 01:13 AM

Your gonna think I'm messing with ya Finster but I'm serious. Rub a liberal amount of Vic's salve on the bottoms of your feet and then wrap them up in saran wrap, you can put socks on too. Do this right before ya go to bed. You will feel better in the morning.

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

Not fresh dug because I don't have any but fresh grated and American wasabi (same exact thing). I have tried. Doesn't really help much. This is the far upper sinus cavity and not much gets to it. When this happens, I usually don't even have a runny nose. However, this time I believe a head cold triggered it. Regardless, it's not like a regular stuffy nose type thing.

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Catch22
Your gonna think I'm messing with ya Finster but I'm serious. Rub a liberal amount of Vic's salve on the bottoms of your feet and then wrap them up in saran wrap, you can put socks on too. Do this right before ya go to bed. You will feel better in the morning.
LOL..... DONE IT! That pain gets so bad that I've tried everything I've ever heard of. A little vics on a q-tip directly in the nostrils works better but it doesn't work well either.
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 01:20 AM

Well, I ain't tried it but my uncle used to have about the same thing.
Had.a guy tell him to snort some baking soda. Said he got some on the tip of a butter
knife and sniffed it. Said it fizzled and burnt some and all kind of junk came.out. He told me he never did get a headache
From sinus anymore. I never got the nerve to try it...Donnie

Donnie
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by Wanna Be

Oh no! I'm not falling for that again!

Again laugh
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by bowhunter27295
Saline spray every 15-30 minutes helps give me relief. Keep spraying every waking hour until sinus infection is gone.

Very good advice here. I spray several times a day when I'm not infected and the infection doesn't happen. Also having sinus surgery last year really helped alot.
Posted By: ou812

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 02:29 AM

Hot mustard or Wasabi....as much as you can handle. Should open them suckers right up.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 02:36 AM

1 Claritan-D and 2 Aleves. Knocks mine out.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 02:39 AM

I run a vibrator on top of my head down close to my forehead. Usually if I find the right spot I will start sneezing maybe 10 times and my eyes and nose will run like crazy. Sure loosens it up.
Posted By: keets

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 02:45 AM

CS gas?
Posted By: pcr2

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 02:59 AM

air hose.put in 1 end-blow it out the other.you decide which ends which.
Posted By: grayfox54

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 03:03 AM

I’m in the same boat Finster I’ve had this sickness for going on three weeks now, Saturday morning when I woke up the whole left side of my face was swollen, my jaw hurts and my sinuses are very painful. I should go to the dr tomorrow it has me a little worried.
Posted By: minklessinpa

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 03:04 AM

suphedrine pe phenylephrine hci tablets I take 3 at a time. works for me

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 03:04 AM

Kung Flu
Posted By: gulch

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 03:12 AM

I have the same symptoms , headache and feels like the right eye is going to explode. The first sinus Dr. Didn't. Help at all.
I went to a second Dr. he took a culture from the sinus cavity and sent it off , found out I had a staph infection. The Dr. mixed a medication in with a saline rinse , said use it twice a day for three weeks. I had reliefe after two days , my sinuses havent been this good in years.
Posted By: DDD

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 04:00 AM

Watch a youtube video.
Posted By: BvrRtrvr

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 05:02 AM

After what happened to my wife last March..I advise not to screw around with this. See your Dr. Unbeknownst to me she had a sinus infection that she & her internist were trying to treat over the phone. He tried several different oral antibiotics for her. 1 morning she was acting so erratic that I thought she was having a stroke & I got her to the ER right away. Long story short..the skull is thinner behind the sinuses and her infection had eroded through the skull & set up 2 abscesses in her brain. Had to be removed right then..so away to surgery she went. Almost lost her. The surgery was successful, the abscesses were removed as well as the sinus infection, & 3 days later the culture results came back. She had Strep growing in her brain! When I wasn't with her I was on my knees in the chapel. 9 days in the Stroke ICU, then off to a well known local rehab hospital for 3 weeks. We were blessed with a very good medical team, and a Whole lot of help from The Man Above. It sure was great the have her back. She went back to work in early July. And if I hadn't been married to her for 48 years..I would never notice the 'little things'..which I can deal with. Still, I would advise seeing your Dr. for this.
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 10:58 AM

Thanks for the tips my wife has been dealing with this or a month now with very little help from dr.s
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by danny clifton

This!!

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 11:30 AM

call roto rooter
Posted By: JTaddeo

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 11:44 AM

My right upper sinus does that too. Mine is like a cluster headache. Feels like a 16 penny nail driven into my forehead just above the right eye, makes the vision blurry and eye water. Excedrin Migraine is the only thing that gives me relief. I hope you get that straightened out and get some relief. The lack of sleep is a downward spiral...
Posted By: Computer Hater

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 01:16 PM

If this is a regular occurrence, it is possibly being caused by allergies to one or many things. A Kenalog shot from your doctor would give you relief for a few months. I have allergies and hay fever. I get 2 or 3 shots a year in spring, summer, and sometimes in the fall. There are possible side effects but thankfully I haven't experienced any. The relief from the headaches, runny nose, wheezing, watery eyes, and sneezing makes the risk worthwhile for me.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by minklessinpa
suphedrine pe phenylephrine hci tablets I take 3 at a time. works for me

Don't think u can take this if also taking hbp meds?
Posted By: walleyed

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 02:58 PM

Anyone have a home cure? I get this once or twice a year. I will get upper sinus headaches that feel as if someone is driving a nail through my eye. I believe I've posted this before. It usually happens about an hour after I'm asleep and will wake me from the dead. Sometimes with such severe pain, It's all I can do to make it to a shower to hope the steam will help, That's about 50-50. Done the netti pots, and most of the other like type things. Nothing ever seems to completely relive it. It just stated a few days ago and I'm in for weeks of pain. Doctors are no help by the way. Any suggestions?

Either stand on your head,
or hang by your heels upside down.

Have someone pour or pump
vinegar into your nostrils.

Try to avoid drowning in the
vinegar and IF you
are successful, you will be cured.

Good Luck.

Prayers Sent !!!

w
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 03:33 PM

Master Tonic has been known to help with sinuses.
https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthr...ed-is-forearmed-master-tonic#Post6789333

Also look into medicinal uses of Common Mullein (Verbascum Thapsus), which was introduced to North America for its health benefits, much like plantain (Plantago major, P. lanceolata), dandelion (Taraxacum officinale), etc, etc. Mullein clears sinuses and lungs quickly and safely.
https://plants.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=VETH

https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/s...in-natural-uses-and-survival-situations/
"...Mullein leaves can also be placed in hot water. Breathe in the steam to relieve congestion (though many Native folks just smoked the leaves for the same result)... leaves can also be brewed into a tea for drinking.."

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by JTaddeo
My right upper sinus does that too. Mine is like a cluster headache. Feels like a 16 penny nail driven into my forehead just above the right eye, makes the vision blurry and eye water. Excedrin Migraine is the only thing that gives me relief. I hope you get that straightened out and get some relief. The lack of sleep is a downward spiral...

Exactly the same. In fact, I thought they were cluster headaches the first few years. I finally figured out it was sinus. I may haver gotten to it in time this go around. Saline spray every so often seems to really be helping this time.
Posted By: iaduckhntr

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 05:47 PM

run a .35cal. bullet thru the cavity to ream it out for good drainage NOT, LOL
Dennis
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/02/20 05:59 PM

Won’t help now, but since I started taking a tablespoon of LOCAL honey every day, I know longer have sinus issues, which I’m guessing was from allergies.
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/03/20 12:55 AM

Go to the Dr and get an antibiotic and use that spray saline, you may have broken you beak at one time or another like me and didn't know and the sinus wasn't draining and kept getting infected.
Posted By: JTaddeo

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/03/20 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by JTaddeo

Exactly the same. In fact, I thought they were cluster headaches the first few years. I finally figured out it was sinus. I may haver gotten to it in time this go around. Saline spray every so often seems to really be helping this time.

I'll have to try that...thanks.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/03/20 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
I run a vibrator on top of my head down close to my forehead. Usually if I find the right spot I will start sneezing maybe 10 times and my eyes and nose will run like crazy. Sure loosens it up.

I tried that and got caught
Posted By: coonman220

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/03/20 03:17 AM

Can sinus trouble cause reoccur colds or seversl a winter when usally get 1? I get over another one. An not do any beaver trapping for few days yet , seems like around water in late winter early spring makes much worse , I have had lots sinus trouble bfore, my right eye start water, an quit a year ago, no back again at times. Hate it, drives me nuts, no ins
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/03/20 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Can sinus trouble cause reoccur colds or seversl a winter when usally get 1? I get over another one. An not do any beaver trapping for few days yet , seems like around water in late winter early spring makes much worse , I have had lots sinus trouble bfore, my right eye start water, an quit a year ago, no back again at times. Hate it, drives me nuts, no ins

I have educated family that laughs at me when I say something like, I got caught in a rain now I may catch a cold. He says germs cause disease and not rain. Well my thought is when we stress our body for any reason like cold rain or sleep in a breeze then it lowers our resistance and thus catch cold, flu, etc. I have studied where just one person has enough germs and bacteria in their mouth to kill hundreds of people. But it doesn't because it is in a lipid state, which means it has a covering such as fat or oils that protects it until it finds a host with the right conditions then it attacks it. That's why washing ones hands with soap helps fight it by dissolving the covering of oil or fat leaving it to the elements to die. I think alcohol or bleach might kill the germs another way.

One reason lyme is so hard to kill is it gets in deep places in the body and encloses its self in fat and can lay in that lipid state safe from antibiotics for a very long time, and when your body gets under stress then it comes out of hibernation (for lack of better word). Then it can replicate rapidly.

So I would say stressing one self maybe from exposure to the elements or even worry could cause one to get sick.
Posted By: illinideer

Re: sinuses killing me - 03/03/20 11:35 AM

I feel your pain I fought this for a long time I ended up getting my sinus's rotor rooted. Rarely do I get a sinus headache or infection anymore. When I was in the Navy I had a sinus block flying into Puerto Rico for a missle shoot. I would of gladly but any part of my body in a 330 to get away from that pain. The Navy Reserve DC9 we were on was just about as airtight as my sifter pan.
J
© 2024 Trapperman Forums