Home

Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards

Posted By: Finster

Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 11:32 AM

WATCH: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards While Pushing Gun Control

An attendee at the March 2, 2020, Fox News town hall asked Mike Bloomberg why he pushes gun control for the common man but surrounds himself with armed security.
The attendee said, “You have an armed security detail that is likely equipped with the same firearms and magazines you seek to ban the common citizen from owning. Does your life matter more than mine or my family’s?”
Bloomberg responded by admitting to having an armed detail, and suggesting he needs armed protection because he gets more threats than the common man.
On February 3, 2020, Breitbart News reported that Bloomberg enjoyed armed security even as he campaigned on a platform of gun control for the common man.
The New York Post reported on Bloomberg referring to the NYPD as his “own army,” while Mayor of New York City. And on January 25, 2019, NRA-ILA reported that after his tenure as mayor ended, “Bloomberg hired some of the same [NYPD] officers from his security detail to work for him privately.” Yet he continued to push gun control for average Americans.

His "explanation" here is a total sack of crap. He want's to outlaw all guns and has proven it time and again. Also he brings up the same old BS about gun shows and internet. He makes me want to puke.

Posted By: pcr2

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 11:35 AM

do as i say,not as i do-is gettin old aint it.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 11:38 AM

99% of what came out of his mouth was BS
The people saw that and called him out on it.
Posted By: gryhkl

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 11:46 AM

Do you guys believe we should not have background checks? What good are background checks if every gun sale does not include one?

A huge problem is that criminals breaking our gun laws are not prosecuted. No law will work when that is the case.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 11:52 AM

I was disappointed that the real reason for "universal background checks" , gun REGISTRATION, was not brought up.

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by gryhkl
Do you guys believe we should not have background checks? What good are background checks if every gun sale does not include one?

A huge problem is that criminals breaking our gun laws are not prosecuted. No law will work when that is the case.

There are already background checks. You can't walk into a gun shop or go to a gun show ANYWHERE in the country and buy a firearm without a background check. Right there tells me that Bloomberg and you too for that matter have no idea what you are talking about. The one and only exception to that rule is private sales of long guns, in some states handguns and if you sell a gun to a felon, underage or mental case and they can prove you knew they were a felon, under age or mental case, you will also get to visit "club fed". It's all BS and laws are already on the books.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 12:10 PM

Just trolling.

Always supporting the liberals.

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by hippie
Just trolling.

Always supporting the liberals.

Yup I know. He is one of our states embarrassments. blush
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 12:18 PM

And you can keep your doctor too. Dems= liars. Dems are no longer for " working class" citizens which they used to run on years ago. The all suck.

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
And you can keep your doctor too. Dems= liars. Dems are no longer for " working class" citizens which they used to run on years ago. The all suck.

They never were for "the working class" they came to and stayed in power on the backs of the working class. As evidence, I give you history.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Finster

There are already background checks. You can't walk into a gun shop or go to a gun show ANYWHERE in the country and buy a firearm without a background check. Right there tells me that Bloomberg and you too for that matter have no idea what you are talking about. The one and only exception to that rule is private sales of long guns, in some states handguns and if you sell a gun to a felon, underage or mental case and they can prove you knew they were a felon, under age or mental case, you will also get to visit "club fed". It's all BS and laws are already on the books.

This is the "TRUTH". WE have the laws, the revolving doors of justice just don't enforce them.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 12:29 PM

gryhkl, I will support background checks when heroin disappears from the U.S. It's illegal to own except under very limited parameters too.

Background checks are the reason I told, and still tell, the NRA to suck eggs. It is nothing more than registry of law abiding gun owners.

In fact, if a person is so dangerous they lose the right of self defense, why are they not still in prison or an insane asylum?

Do you really think store clerks are making you safer???????????????????????????
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 12:30 PM

I like how he said he needs protection because he is wealthy. Bahaha. I think the American people have had enough and Trump will win again. Trump 2020!!!
Posted By: warrior

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 12:47 PM

I'll agree to that when we have background checks prior to procreational sex to prevent child abuse. We also need mandatory sterilization and one sex act per month to control rampant sexual crimes.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 12:50 PM

Of course we all have heard this story before. Mr Orwell said it best when "some animals are more equal than others".
Posted By: Ol' Smoke

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 12:56 PM

Bloomberg is "special", you are not.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 01:03 PM

What a cockroach
Posted By: wr otis

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 01:05 PM

Avoided the question, like the rest of the liars. What about his backing and money, and the gun control issues in virginia. Wasn't it his money that got those politicians elected in virginia, in turn to have them push his agenda.

Good part is they said on fox he has already spent five hundred million on his campaign, bye bye money.

I'd be real surprised if this country elects a jew any time soon. Ask the mormon how he did.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 01:43 PM

Excellent question, and a terrible answer. Totally changed the subject. Background checks have absolutely nothing to do with the question that was asked. What a goon.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 01:51 PM

Don’t know of a State that you can buy a gun online and have it not go to a FFL dealer like he was saying, made it sound like the internet did not apply when that law was made up. Total lies then a 12 year old could buy one is another lie. Criminal steal guns or buy stolen guns they don’t go buy guns and pay full price like legal people do that would be insane.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 02:05 PM

He should spend some of that enormous wealth and get a education.

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 02:06 PM

Every newspaper in the world used to have a firearms for sale section in the classifieds. Now its on Armslist which is the internet where people buy face to face and not from a licensed dealer. Same thing at gun shows. Many Many private owners of firearms sell and trade legally with no checks. I think that is what they are talking about. I say its time to end checks. Keep dangerous people locked up. Why is it a crime for a guy convicted of stealing a car when he was 19 to arm himself once jail, restitution, and probation are completed?

If the guy that held up a 7/11 stayed in prison till he was 95 we wouldnt need to fear him.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by teepee2
He should spend some of that enormous wealth and get and education.

He pays people to tell him what he wants to hear.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 02:09 PM

he gets more threats.

Well if I get 2 threats and he gets 200 does that make my threats not real?

Am I invalidated as a person with a need and threats because I have less money and fewer threats ?

I am not asking him for an armed security detail.

I am telling him just like I do my own electrical , plumbing , yard work , cut my own firewood and do my own cooking . I will handle my own security also it is my right I will not give it up!

I am not the person committing the crime , I am not the criminal and his plans and bans have no effect on the criminal.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 02:39 PM

Maybe if he did not push his agendas he does he would get less threats ...... Just sayin
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 02:52 PM

After all, he is very “thpecial”
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 02:56 PM

A wise man once said "Fear the government that fears it's own citizen's arms"!

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane
A wise man once said "Fear the government that fears it's own citizen's arms"!

Ain't that the truth
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 03:27 PM

I have a problem with the mental issue, the #1 reason for death in suicides is depression. SO is your Dr. that give you a prescription for depression going to report you to the police so they can check and see if you have a gun and remove it?

The larges group of people that die of violent crimes are the people that comment Suicide. Let address that group first. JMO
Posted By: Art S

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 03:34 PM

Getting There , if you take rights from people seeking help ,
you're only going to stop people from seeking help , don't you think ?

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 03:35 PM

Suicide is often because of a diagnosis of dementia, or cancer or some other horrible ailment that people dont want to go through. So they end their life to avoid suffering. The government should have no part in that decision but I get it. In that kind of scenario I would not try to stop the person. Depression is treatable. Not the same thing. Taking someones firearm to protect them from their self is just wrong in any account. Why can't family or law enforcement or a Dr or all three go in front of a judge and ask for involuntary hospitalization? I have no clue what the rules are for that but it makes a lot more sense than letting them jump off a bridge.

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Suicide is often because of a diagnosis of dementia, or cancer or some other horrible ailment that people dont want to go through. So they end their life to avoid suffering. The government should have no part in that decision but I get it. In that kind of scenario I would not try to stop the person. Depression is treatable. Not the same thing. Taking someones firearm to protect them from their self is just wrong in any account. Why can't family or law enforcement or a Dr or all three go in front of a judge and ask for involuntary hospitalization? I have no clue what the rules are for that but it makes a lot more sense than letting them jump off a bridge.

I have to agree to a point. I am just using the data from the CDC. Yes some people just can not handle the world today. A lot of the State now have the RED FLAG LAW. Depression is treatable, but some do not like how they feel on there med and do not take them. That is a hole different story. But like I said lets look at that group JMO

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Art S

If you go to a Dr. today there are two new question, 1. have you been depressed, 2. have you ever though about suicide. I you answer yes to either your phone will ring off the wall. JMO
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There
Originally Posted by Art S

If you go to a Dr. today there are two new question, 1. have you been depressed, 2. have you ever though about suicide. I you answer yes to either your phone will ring off the wall. JMO

They also ask if you have GUNS in the house. mad I said "I refuse to answer that"

Charlie.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 06:18 PM

IF you pay any attention to the news on TV, I can see how a person is depressed.

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by teepee2
IF you pay any attention to the news on TV, I can see how a person is depressed.

It is not just the news that is depressing. JMO

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 07:55 PM

I don't give a hoot what that midget thinks about guns or the size of pop cans. The means to defend my family is not going to be decided by him or any other politico. It is not up for discussion, compromise or negotiation in any form. Simple as that So he and the like of him can shove their fancy ideas where the sun don't shine.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 08:14 PM

Out of all the people I know and I'm acquainted with... Couple hundred friends on fakebook included... I know of no one who is planning to vote for the weasel.

( My apologies to weasels and ermine everywhere for the comparison )

Mike
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 08:34 PM

Bloomberg responded by admitting to having an armed detail, and suggesting he needs armed protection because he gets more threats than the common man.

Translation: He is superior to common man.
Posted By: trap master

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by warrior

I'll agree to that when we have background checks prior to procreational sex to prevent child abuse. We also need mandatory sterilization and one sex act per month to control rampant sexual crimes.

hey you may be onto something there... I mean if we do that we'll automatically reduce the people who are the problem and the criminals to begin with
Posted By: trapper234

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/03/20 11:58 PM

Complete idiot! These liberals still don't get it that criminals steal guns and never buy them legally.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/04/20 01:19 AM

I don't normally go straight to name calling, but Gloomberg is a giant douche, with neither the anti-itch ingredient, nor the fresh spring flower scent included.
(Sorry kids. grownups are talking here.)
Posted By: cablejohn

Re: Bloomberg Tries to Defend Using Armed Guards - 03/04/20 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
he gets more threats.

Well if I get 2 threats and he gets 200 does that make my threats not real?

Am I invalidated as a person with a need and threats because I have less money and fewer threats ?

I am not asking him for an armed security detail.

I am telling him just like I do my own electrical , plumbing , yard work , cut my own firewood and do my own cooking . I will handle my own security also it is my right I will not give it up!

I am not the person committing the crime , I am not the criminal and his plans and bans have no effect on the criminal.

Very well said!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums