Home

Corona mess over hyped

Posted By: jbyrd63

Corona mess over hyped - 03/06/20 09:54 PM

After seeing the interview of the FIRST case in the US the guy stated that it was NO WAY near as bad as the flu. The 58 year old man said it took him about 5 days to get over it. All this hoopla makes it sound like it is a death sentence if you get it. This emergency spending bill is another way for corporations and drug companies to take a lot of more of our tax dollars. Do people die from it? Yes ! Do people die from car wrecks ? .Choking ? heck anything can kill you. Only reason they jumped on it is there is not a vaccine. Heck theres not a vaccine for a common cold but no one is screaming pandemic., Most of it's just trying to get the market down so they can try to beat Trump.....
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/06/20 10:07 PM

I'll be flying through Seattle April 8th. I feel better reading your post so I will not be getting last rites prior to boarding.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/06/20 10:11 PM

CDC estimates a minimum of 32,000,000 cases of flu, 350,000 flu related hospitalizations, and 20,000 flu-related deaths since October 1 2019. I think it's safe to say coronavirus is over-hyped.

CDC flu info
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/06/20 10:14 PM

Most of the hype appears to be perpetuated by the media to hurt President Trump, by harming the economy and giving them something to criticize him for.

We will lose some people to it, just not massive numbers.

Keith

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/06/20 10:19 PM

I predict that EVERY state will have at least one case by Saturday morning,. That is how they will be eligible for part of the 8.3 BILLION dollars Trump approved !!!!!!!!!!!

Check back in 24 hrs see if I'm right
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/06/20 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Most of the hype appears to be perpetuated by the media to hurt President Trump, by harming the economy and giving them something to criticize him for.

We will lose some people to it, just not massive numbers.

Keith

This is it exactly. The media is getting desperate. It's really kinda amusing to see them grasping at straws, except that people are stupid enough to fall for it.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/06/20 10:23 PM

Meanwhile folks are still snuffing it in numbers because they caught the flu

[Linked Image]

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/06/20 10:25 PM

Yep right on cue news JUST now broke in Ky has it's first cases. Democrat govnor got his hand out. Getting money to open a hotline for people to callin and ask question LOL

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/06/20 10:28 PM

Ohh and before ya'll pop that bubble wrap in those boxes from your online tool orders .... remember the air in it is from China ..... Just sayin

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/06/20 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Scuba1

[Linked Image]

Easier said than done.

Keith
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/06/20 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by gray dog
I'll be flying through Seattle April 8th. I feel better reading your post so I will not be getting last rites prior to boarding.

Hopefully the planes will be only half full like after 9/11.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/06/20 10:56 PM

I scratched my bum .....but I didnt touch my face!!! sick
Posted By: alaska viking

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/06/20 11:01 PM

I think everyone should take a cruise. I just bought Royal Caribbean stock for half price!
Posted By: brymoore

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/06/20 11:45 PM

The flu is already established in society, Coronavirus is just now spreading. Coronavirus spreads much faster and is much deadlier. WHO is estimating 20% to 60% worldwide contamination. Current death rate is 3.4%. Cut the death rate to 1% of 20% of 7.8B people and you have 15M dead.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/06/20 11:59 PM

Whiskey will help you thru a bout of corona virus.And if you kick it you will go happy.
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by brymoore
The flu is already established in society, Coronavirus is just now spreading. Coronavirus spreads much faster and is much deadlier. WHO is estimating 20% to 60% worldwide contamination. Current death rate is 3.4%. Cut the death rate to 1% of 20% of 7.8B people and you have 15M dead.

I heard a story the other day on the radio. The doctor was saying that the death rates seem high due to the fact that they aren’t testing everyone. Just the people that are on the edge or are already very ill. He was saying that as we developed more tests and test a greater amount of people the rate will be lower for deaths. Something about the average age of catching the virus is 60 and the average age of those that die is somewhere around 80.

Wash your hands folks
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 12:14 AM

When I was a child, there was no vaccine for chicken pox, measles, and the mumps. Mothers ( including mine) would deliberately expose their kids to those who had these diseases, so that they would contract the illnesses, recover, and then would be immune to them.

Fifty or sixty years ago, the mortality rates for measles and the mumps ( developed into encephalitis ) were higher than the mortality rate for the Corona virus.

Times sure have changed.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 12:38 AM

CBS news tonight nit picked everything Trump, he said 10 have died from the virus but they said that was not true it was 13. LOL that went on and on I was amazed that they started fact checking all of a sudden.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 12:38 AM

Absolutely overhyped, seems every other year it's zika, swine flu, west Nile, ebola or something else. A line of people outside the CVS yesterday to get their flu shots because of this years "we're all gonna die" .
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by bleeohio
Absolutely overhyped, seems every other year it's zika, swine flu, west Nile, ebola or something else. A line of people outside the CVS yesterday to get their flu shots because of this years "we're all gonna die" .

I hope the flu shots work better for the corona than it does for the flu. Oh well if its a piece of mind thing more power to them. Now where is my lucky rabbits foot?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 12:54 AM

There is no way to control the spread of the flu, and there is also no way to control the spread of corona. Just a matter of time before corona is as widespread. Media and dems could really care less that the death rate upon infection is higher than the flu. The play will be that trump will be blamed for not containing the spread of corona which is virtually impossible considering our freedom to travel without descrimination.
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 01:05 AM

Odd thought......there will be more cases of COVID19 where there is more people. Washington out break was in a nursing home. There have been cruise ships with issues. Italy has closed most schools. Large gatherings of people have been curtailed or canceled.

Where are large gatherings? Big cities. Most big cities are BLUE.

Hmmmmm.........

Flyover country is safer..........

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 01:06 AM

Spring is around the corner this thing better get rolling if the end is coming it seems to be under preforming by the hype it’s getting just like the news the last 3 years.
Posted By: brymoore

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Originally Posted by brymoore

I heard a story the other day on the radio. The doctor was saying that the death rates seem high due to the fact that they aren’t testing everyone. Just the people that are on the edge or are already very ill. He was saying that as we developed more tests and test a greater amount of people the rate will be lower for deaths. Something about the average age of catching the virus is 60 and the average age of those that die is somewhere around 80.

Wash your hands folks

Yes, it could go down. All of those untested also include unassigned deaths too. We’ll know more as time goes on.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by jbyrd63
I predict that EVERY state will have at least one case by Saturday morning,. That is how they will be eligible for part of the 8.3 BILLION dollars Trump approved !!!!!!!!!!!

Check back in 24 hrs see if I'm right

They announced a few hours ago that it's in Tulsa... Some guy tested positive for it. Brought it back from Italy.

Told the boss I wanted hazard pay to finish this hospital job. Lol

Mike

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Whiskey will help you thru a bout of corona virus.And if you kick it you will go happy.

I've never drank....

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 01:25 AM

Guess I'll die
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 01:31 AM

If the fallout from this virus becomes as huge as some believe it will, you don't want to be any of those that Trump hand picked to lead the project. That puts Mike Pence right in the line of fire as Trump will never accept any responsibility if this goes really south. That could put just Trump supporters voting for him and many very conservative GOP members probably would not like having a conservative peer thrown under the bus. We will see how the WH will be run now with a new chief of staff.

Bryce
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 01:55 AM

I like boco’s way of thinking. smile
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Cragar
Odd thought......there will be more cases of COVID19 where there is more people. Washington out break was in a nursing home. There have been cruise ships with issues. Italy has closed most schools. Large gatherings of people have been curtailed or canceled.

Where are large gatherings? Big cities. Most big cities are BLUE.

Hmmmmm.........

Flyover country is safer..........

We have our first case here in Nebraska as of today. She walked around the largest city in our state for 12 days before she was diagnosed. It's coming. I personally would worry more about dying from Influenza.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 03:42 AM

When the global tally is 1 million dead from SARS-CoV-2 and it is in all the states quite a few people will loose it mentally, it will be worse in the liberal dominated areas.

It is just a matter of time until this thing is very widespread since it has a fairly high R-naught value and it can survive on surfaces for many days.

Oxford university thoughts on SARS-CoV-2 :

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 03:49 AM

Alcohol does kill COVID19, but I read that it takes time. Moving forward.....

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 03:52 AM

Lol. In 2 months, this whole thing is a foot note.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by alaska viking
Lol. In 2 months, this whole thing is a foot note.

All the hype and 10-13 reported dead several of them high risk cases in the last few weeks and that's it?
Posted By: Rats!

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 04:16 AM

Trumpty says the transmission rate is less than 1%.
He knows more than the world's best scientists?
Trump the tax dodger cannot be trusted.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 04:22 AM

I'm no conspiracy theorist but the media pretty much makes this country believe whatever it wants to anymore. One of the main reasons I don't have cable anymore. I was tired of the over zealous media making mountains out of absolutely nothing. The reason the number of deaths even look remotely high is because hardly anyone is even getting tested for it. Most hospitals don't even have the capability to test for it. If you saw the true number infected to how many are dying I think it would be rather minuscule. All I've got to say is if I had any extra money drawing interest at 1% in a basic savings account I'd be dropping it all in stocks that are getting hammered right now due to the over hype and adjusting markets.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by WadeRyan
I'm no conspiracy theorist but the media pretty much makes this country believe whatever it wants to anymore. One of the main reasons I don't have cable anymore. I was tired of the over zealous media making mountains out of absolutely nothing. The reason the number of deaths even look remotely high is because hardly anyone is even getting tested for it. Most hospitals don't even have the capability to test for it. If you saw the true number infected to how many are dying I think it would be rather minuscule. All I've got to say is if I had any extra money drawing interest at 1% in a basic savings account I'd be dropping it all in stocks that are getting hammered right now due to the over hype and adjusting markets.

BINGO!

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Rats!

Yep he's no scientist and your no CPA! LOL

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 04:44 AM

I talked to my brother Kevin, who is a very good doctor, tonight. He is site administrator for one hospital, chief medical officer for 2 more hospitals and on the board for 2 more hospitals. One of the hospitals in his company, whose administrator was in residency with my brother, treated the first case of the new coronavirus in the US. It's about 125 miles from Kevin's hospitals and has had all the Washington cases at it.

He thinks that the vast majority of people who get Covid-19 will never know they had it and said that most people won't need any medical attention at all. He said the death rate is much smaller than reported because so few people get sick enough to get tested. Most of the deaths are in very old people with poor immune systems.

He said that Covid-19 was odd in that most people who die start getting very sick after 7 days of fighting the virus. Basically their reserves run out, causing the disease to rapidly progress at that point.

He said that vaccines would be to late to help people this season.

Keith

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Rats!

Here's a link to the IRS Whisleblower site so that you can be rewarded for the information you have about Trumps tax cheating.

https://www.irs.gov/compliance/whistleblower-informant-award
Posted By: Squash

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 11:54 AM

Standard play out of the Dems book. Fake news media and the Dems, never let a crisis go to waste. Hype it, convince the people that it is worst than it is, (kind of like climate change ) throw ungodly amounts of money at it and then vote for me because I’m the only one that can fix it.

The question is, Just how much of the several billions of dollars congress has allocated to fight this virus, will be stolen ? They should put Hunter Biden in charge of it.
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 02:04 PM

[Linked Image]

haahahaaha you're killin' me

A friend of mine lysol'd her house and was sick the next morning. I still haven't stopped laughing as I was playing in groundhog meat at the time she was cleaning.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 06:21 PM

I can see where one party would use the virus to gain advantage over another through media hype. That's true for issues of all sorts. I don't think the virus itself is a danger to most people. I do think there's a bigger picture that is being over-looked by many, and others simply shrug it off as not going to affect them. That bigger issue is the economy and the virus's effect on it. We really haven't even begun to feel the effects of what has occurred in other countries yet. And, it's still ongoing in those other countries, so we're not even able to calculate what it will be at this point. Between the panic and the preparations, the world's economies have experienced a shift, a down-turn. A lot of everyday Americans are going to experience this in their own lives. Jobs, businesses, goods, all are going to be effected, some more than others. World economies have slowed, goods and services have slowed, and in a consumer nation, we will feel at least some of that. How much it will effect us is yet to be determined. Currently, it means cheaper gas and the prospect for more. In some areas, toilet paper, bottle water, hand sanitizer, mask, and gloves, may be hard to find or rationed at the store. Little stuff. Some, like gas, welcomed. Others, an inconvenience at this point. If other, more important, things become unavailable or too expensive, then things could get interesting. The situation is worth paying attention to regardless.
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 09:04 PM

Scuba, yer killing me with that meme!!! grin

Awesome link Marty, thanks.

The mortality rate for this corona virus is only 0.7% even with cases being under reported by 2-50 times the actual number. So it's actually half to 1/50th as deadly as the normal flu.

The mortality rate for this corona virus really spikes in the 70+ age range. Again, this makes its mortality rate seem a lot higher overall than it actually is for the general population.

Remember:
30% of all flu cases each year are from one of the viruses in the corona family.
The common flu ranges from 0.5-1.0% mortality. Right now covid-19 is smack in the middle of that.
SARS has a mortality rate of 10%. It's still out there.

Odds are in years to come covid-19 will be just another form of the common flu we all get.
Posted By: Archeryguy

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 10:44 PM

I also believe that wide spread testing will lower the mortality rate percentage. One aspect of this virus is the fact that it is new, no historical immunity to lessen the effect and that viruses tend to mutate. The Spanish Flue had two waves in 1917-1918. The first was relatively benign, the 2nd wave was a mutated virus that killed by some estimates as many as 50 million. Granted, there were political aspects due to WWI and troop movement around the world obviously contributed to the spread. Medical care was no where near the standards we have today. I ignore all of the FOX/CNN/MSNBC crap and go directly to the CDC, HHS and WHO. These people are worried and they have no political dog in the fight. The fact that they are worried in turn causes me to worry. I thinkpeople should not jump to any conclusions either way and just stay informed. The best news out there is that this is not particularly dangerous to our most cherished citizens....the children. The Spanish Flu on the other hand was particularly dangerous to young people.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 10:49 PM

Went to Costco earlier they were wiping carts and the store. They had this sign up too.

I always but 2 cases anyway
[Linked Image]
Posted By: adam m

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/07/20 10:52 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 12:06 AM

The end is near the death toll is up to 19 now so shelter in place and talk to no one if you want to live. whistle

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 01:24 AM

Flu deaths is at 20,000 now yet no panic?
Posted By: yote_trapper20

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 03:00 AM

I'm not going to debate whether or not its worst than the flu or not. I do think if your older or already have a compromised system it definitely is worst. What amazes me is some of the total lack of disregard, care, or whatever it may be by some of the people who do have it. Seen where the person in New Hampshire that got it went out to an event AFTER they were diagnosed and told to isolate. The person here in Nebraska had symptoms starting on Feb 24th when in the United Kingdom. I'm sure they probably flew back standard coach on the trip back on the 27th. Then continued to go about business for another week before going to see the doctor. This even included going to a Special Olympics event that had 500+ men, women and children attend. The only reason they went in was because their symptoms got worse.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 03:14 AM

Yep you got Yotetrapper20. Remember the gal exposed to ebola that went to the bridal dress shop? People don't care and seemingly have the freedom to cross any and all borderlines at free will.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 03:32 AM

More government putting out the wrong message to save the stock market and coming election. Who really knows what is happening in China and other countries. The News hypes up everything but according to science and computer models this is a different critter and good cause for more concern.
Posted By: Poorcoon

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 05:16 AM

I hate seeing old and sick people die. Butt. I wish this stuff would just hurry up and run its course and get it over with. There is nobody and nothing anybody can do that is going to stop it.
Posted By: AJE

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by danvee
More government putting out the wrong message to save the stock market and coming election. Who really knows what is happening in China and other countries. The News hypes up everything but according to science and computer models this is a different critter and good cause for more concern.

It isn't even just regular news outlets talking about it, I've been noticing sports talk radio is focused on this
Posted By: Squash

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 11:37 AM

Just wait for another major news event to happen somewhere in the world that the fake news can blame on Pres. trump,, and then corona virus will be pushed to the back page.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 12:49 PM

Maybe they could impeach him again. That would consume the news cycle for a month or two, and drive his poll numbers up again.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 02:07 PM

CBC news good morning just had a story on about the Spanish Flu back in WW l and all on the deaths and how the Government lied back then, gee not a loaded story or what. The next story was about the Dixie Chicks and you can guess how that went just this time they talked in code mostly.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 02:17 PM

You mean the Dixie Hasbeens?
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 02:30 PM

This is something never reported. Also you never hear of those who have beat the virus and now have immunity.

https://www.btimesonline.com/articl...navirus-cases-china-slowing-down-who.htm

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by LLtrapper
This is something never reported. Also you never hear of those who have beat the virus and now have immunity.

https://www.btimesonline.com/articl...navirus-cases-china-slowing-down-who.htm

Simply amazing, ain’t it?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 03:18 PM

If nothing else comes of this whole virus scare, I have seen what the mass media will do to encode needless fear in people and economic strife upon the market.
Bottom line, we have far surpassed the earth’s carrying capacity of a human population. Population overloads lead to disease.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 03:22 PM

Stone age people eating raw bats and snakes in a space age world doesnt help either.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 04:34 PM

The virus will make the unveiling of Bolton's book a back page issue.

Bryce

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Archeryguy
I also believe that wide spread testing will lower the mortality rate percentage. One aspect of this virus is the fact that it is new, no historical immunity to lessen the effect and that viruses tend to mutate. The Spanish Flue had two waves in 1917-1918. The first was relatively benign, the 2nd wave was a mutated virus that killed by some estimates as many as 50 million. Granted, there were political aspects due to WWI and troop movement around the world obviously contributed to the spread. Medical care was no where near the standards we have today. I ignore all of the FOX/CNN/MSNBC crap and go directly to the CDC, HHS and WHO. These people are worried and they have no political dog in the fight. The fact that they are worried in turn causes me to worry. I thinkpeople should not jump to any conclusions either way and just stay informed. The best news out there is that this is not particularly dangerous to our most cherished citizens....the children. The Spanish Flu on the other hand was particularly dangerous to young people.

NO this won't change a thing. EVEN when the patient test positive the treatment doesn't change. THER IS NOT A PILL or shot that can be given to combat the symptoms Test 1000's of people and it won't change a thing as for the out come of who lives or dies.
GETTING IT IS NOT AN automatic death sentence !!!!
Like the news wants to make out
Posted By: hippie

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 05:09 PM

Stone age people eating raw bats and snakes in a space age world doesnt help either.

Yep, and sadly what you said is over most people's head.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 05:10 PM

Yea people are wiping and swiping for little or no good. The virus and MOST germs can only survive for a maxiumum of 24 hours on a hard dry surface. The bacteria need liquid and a host to reproduce.

ALSO ANY UV light renders ALL BACTERIA sterile. In waste water treatment plant lots are going to black lights to disinfect. CHLORINE is why too deadly for some cases. Disenfecting liquids and sprays KILL the germs. where UV light renders it sterile so it can't multiply. Simply installing uv lights over entrances and inside subway cars and planes will cut down on ALL airborne germs . Even on hard surfaces and peoples skin.
Posted By: white17

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Archeryguy

NO this won't change a thing. EVEN when the patient test positive the treatment doesn't change. THER IS NOT A PILL or shot that can be given to combat the symptoms Test 1000's of people and it won't change a thing as for the out come of who lives or dies.
GETTING IT IS NOT AN automatic death sentence !!!!
Like the news wants to make out

Archer guy said widespread testing will lower the mortality rate percentage. He is correct. There are infected people who are not counted among those infected. If 10 people die out of 100 infected that's 10%. But if 10 people die out of a thousand that are identified as infected........that is only one percent

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 05:27 PM

Yep, doctors are saying thousands are probably infected and little to no major problems, some thinking it's just a case of mild flu.

If tested, percentage would drop dramatically.
Posted By: Chamacat

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 05:48 PM

Yep..So how does the odds work for the Corona Virus II..I heard it was more deadly than Corona Virus I...And to think the Princess Cruise Linear..Is about to port in Oakland California with 3500 exposed...Dang that's some bad odds..

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Chamacat
Yep..So how does the odds work for the Corona Virus II..I heard it was more deadly than Corona Virus I...And to think the Princess Cruise Linear..Is about to port in Oakland California with 3500 exposed...Dang that's some bad odds..

How many out of 3500 have it and how many have died? LLL
Posted By: DuxDawg

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by mad_mike
If nothing else comes of this whole virus scare, I have seen what the mass media will do to encode needless fear in people and economic strife upon the market.

Hopefully a lot of eyes have been opened to that.

Bottom line, we have far surpassed the earth’s carrying capacity of a human population. Population overloads lead to disease.

Buwahahaha!!! That old commie canard. So sad.
Fact is everyone on Earth could live in Alaska in a large home. Leaving the ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD empty. We aren't anywhere close to peak land, nor any other resource.

Oh, and more petroleum is created every day than we consume. It's still the best energy source known to mankind, despite what the commie propaganda says.

Should be worried about peak phosphorus though... all life needs it, we waste a lot of it and we haven't figured out how to make it. When it's gone, centuries from now, so is all life on Earth. Figures the one actual crisis gets ignored by the kookadoodle Lefties, while they carry on and on about all their fake ones.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 09:54 PM

^^^^^^^^ In the last 10 years the world population has increased by 12%. The area of Alaska has remained the same. Do us both a favor and stay where you are.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 09:59 PM

Not one case in SD yet but if there are Federal dollars to be had we might report a few cases to get some dollars~ LOL
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by DuxDawg

Hopefully a lot of eyes have been opened to that.

Fact is everyone on Earth could live in Alaska in a large home. Leaving the ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD empty. We aren't anywhere close to peak land, nor any other resource.

Oh, and more petroleum is created every day than we consume. It's still the best energy source known to mankind, despite what the commie propaganda says.

Should be worried about peak phosphorus though... all life needs it, we waste a lot of it and we haven't figured out how to make it. When it's gone, centuries from now, so is all life on Earth. Figures the one actual crisis gets ignored by the kookadoodle Lefties, while they carry on and on about all their fake ones.

I'd like to know where you got your information.

just
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 10:09 PM

Not overpopulated

https://www.pop.org/debunking-the-myth-of-overpopulation/
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Not one case in SD yet but if there are Federal dollars to be had we might report a few cases to get some dollars~ LOL

We have just reported a case in Wilton , CT.

I honestly have to think the CT liberal politicians are giddy over this. They have had numerous media events to promote it. Kinda the 'don't let a good crisis to go to waste' . They want this. Another thing to let you know they are in control , let the tax dollars flow. Just like when they were giddy over the money they got from Sandy Hook to build a new school. Media reports showed how they were high-fiving each other (including Obama) over the tax dollars over more gun control at Sandy Hook.

How much sooner will they call for the stop of Trump rallies due to the concentrations of large overflowing crowds. Helps the democratic agenda to stop this before the elections.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/08/20 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by DelawareRob

That was the “global warming” of my youth that was the gateway to abortion I believe.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 12:19 AM

I doubt very much if the whole world could live in Alaska in a large home. AK is 586,000 sq. miles. There are 7 billion people in the world and that is on the low side. Dividing 7 billion into 586,000 comes out to 18.66 people per acre. With even four in a home not much space with even a 1600 square foot home if you are putting 4-5 of them on an acre. Now multi-level multi-family possible. I don't even know how much of AK could not have a home on it. I am guessing building on thawing tundra or on mountain sides would be complex to say the least.

Bryce

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 12:21 AM

[/quote]
Not buying it. I know we can all snuggle up closer and there are plenty of resources available currently. We are sitting at over 7.75 billion humans currently. https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/.
Total inhabitable land mass of earth is 32,666,000’ish square miles.
Yeah, you can cram them all into 17x17 miles, but really?

Your argument of plenty of room leads to greater propensity for sickness, disease, and plague within ever increasing population densities. Aside from that who will and how will a human population of a few more billion be managed? Current examples are not very promising.

Anyways, cheers!

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 12:31 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 12:38 AM

Two cases in Indiana

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 12:46 AM

12 or 24 a case ??

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 01:12 AM

Lol
Posted By: rex123

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 02:50 AM

I think they have gone overboard with it but the difference between it and the flu is. Flu can last 2 days on a surface this virus can last up to 9 days on a surface.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 01:48 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: yotetrapper30

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 01:52 PM

I noticed today that over 20 percent of the people who contracted it in one county in Washington died from it.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I noticed today that over 20 percent of the people who contracted it in one county in Washington died from it.

At what sample rate ?? If one person had the virus and snuffed it there it would have been a fatality rate of 100% so your point is mute if you don't have the other numbers.
Posted By: trapper20

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 01:58 PM

anything to try to scare the masses

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

At what sample rate ?? If one person had the virus and snuffed it there it would have been a fatality rate of 100% so your point is mute if you don't have the other numbers.

King County, WA, US
Confirmed: 83
Deaths: 17
Recovered: 1
Active: 65

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 02:13 PM

Just over 20 have died from the “killer” virus in several weeks I just don’t see it, if not for that nursing home it would be way less then 20 now, at the same time the flu has killed thousands more.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by rex123
I think they have gone overboard with it but the difference between it and the flu is. Flu can last 2 days on a surface this virus can last up to 9 days on a surface.

Where did you hear/ see it can live that long?
From what I was told in waste water treatment and everything we hear on the news / internet most germs and or bacteria will die within 24 hours on most hard surfaces. Some can live longer if in fabric with moisture.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 02:35 PM

The same folks selling the fear are the same ones selling the pills. LOL

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 02:36 PM

Funny how they call off school or close a business then go in and wipe it all down to "kill " the germs. But the same experts say that ALL bacteria is dead within 24-36 hours once it hits a hard surface. Is the "disinfecting more for the peoples head or to really "kill" the germs. ?????

PLUS once the germ is hit by a dose of sunlight / uv light it is rendered in active. Dr on NBC was stating that last week. If your outside in the sunlight it cant be spread unless someone kisses /spits on someone .

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 02:44 PM

Funny how they call off school or close a business then go in and wipe it all down to "kill " the germs. But the same experts say that ALL bacteria is dead within 24-36 hours once it hits a hard surface. Is the "disinfecting more for the peoples head or to really "kill" the germs. ?????

Like the Walmart guy wiping the cart handles with the same wipe at what point is he spreading and not killing anything anymore. LOL

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Law Dog

Like the Walmart guy wiping the cart handles with the same wipe at what point is he spreading and not killing anything anymore. LOL

PLUS once the cart is left in the parking lot and the sun is SHINING all germs are rendered inactive !!!!!

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 03:29 PM

PLUS once the germ is hit by a dose of sunlight / uv light it is rendered in active. Dr on NBC was stating that last week. If your outside in the sunlight it cant be spread unless someone kisses /spits on someone .

It's a virus not a bacteria. I don't know what the difference is but I'll wait until the experts figure it out before making statements.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 04:32 PM

Government lies, media lies, nature does its thing and bleach is a good disinfectant .

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 09:40 PM

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 09:50 PM

OMG this is so funny

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rubee

It's a virus not a bacteria. I don't know what the difference is but I'll wait until the experts figure it out before making statements.

Ok germ then , they have said it can't live past 24 hrs on a hard surface. And even less time(15) minutes on flesh........

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 09:58 PM

Dr from big lab in Fla just said common cold was strain of corona virus LOL.........................

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 10:18 PM

Here is where I got it , Journal of Hospital Infections . And it also said there were a lot of different strains of the virus some have been around for years. Also think it is being hyped to death.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 10:22 PM

Dr from big lab in Fla just said common cold was strain of corona virus LOL.........................

You might want to read more instead of LOL so much. The common cold is one of many human corona viruses. This one causing the hysteria now is COVID 19...a mutant strain.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 10:24 PM

Nearly all corona viruses cause severe acute respiratory (SAR) ailments.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 10:25 PM

Its here it will be here forever now. Not much gain to be had by worrying about what you will die from and when. If you get it I'd say your going to have a pretty good immunity if you live, which is lots more likely than you wont. got a better chance of dying when you drive to the grocery store so far.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Its here it will be here forever now. Not much gain to be had by worrying about what you will die from and when. If you get it I'd say your going to have a pretty good immunity if you live, which is lots more likely than you wont. got a better chance of dying when you drive to the grocery store so far.

Exactly^^^^

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/09/20 10:40 PM

You are right I almost got hit going to Rural King today . She was giving somebody what for on her phone instead of driving.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/10/20 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

Exactly^^^^

No kidding!

I've been hit by two falling Ash trees while driving this year! This virus doesn't even make my top ten on what will end up killing me!

I did hear somewhere that they are now offer 7k to be injected with virus!? Anyone else see that?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/10/20 12:12 AM

The virus itself is really not the main threat the virus poses to us.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/10/20 01:32 AM

The virus has been around long enough so they should be able to sample recovered individuals and check them for immune antigens etc. That we we could see if immunity is developed or not. That should also be a way where vaccines can be researched or developed. I am sure work is being done in this area. With now well over 100k of confirmed cases being able to sample and test recovered individuals should be fairly easy to do. Also they could start sampling those at intervals over time to see if immunity is passive or short or long term. Being relatively new it has the ability to infect a lot of people. Some were talking about warm weather slowing the spread but it seems that several of the more intense infection areas have fairly warm climates. I wonder how many strains there may be as it seems that Italy and Iran have a lot more severely infected patients. I don't know if they are more susceptible or if there is a more aggressive form in those areas.

Bryce

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 02:31 AM

Well today is the 18th this stuff was posted on the 9th wonder what will happen in 2 weeks. We went from no big deal, you can go to work, fire the pandemic squad, its not in our country its a China problem, stay away from sick people and there are test for everyone. Latest no big gatherings, social distancing, 15 days no problem and now it may be 18 months, stock markets shutting down, big three auto manufactures. Hope reality sets in soon and some real direction and actions. Way behind the curve.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 02:43 AM

There's been one case in Nebraska and I think it was hauled in from another state. I'm freakin out!!!!

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 02:44 AM

Supposedly a positive showed up in Marysville KS today in a fella that came back from a missionary trip. No idea if it's true or not.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 02:47 AM

Overhyped ?? Dunno but

[Linked Image]
Posted By: yukonjeff

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 03:13 AM

This is what the MSM is not telling you.

Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 03:19 AM

Its overhyped bs

Starting to wizz me off !

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 03:34 AM

Ruin the economy. Ruin High School seniors last year. Send businesses in tube bankruptcy. But hey at least we didn't overwhelm the Healthcare System

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 03:39 AM

Bring on the basic income cheques!

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 03:40 AM

A lousy 100 poeple died so far this year or 1.3 a day .............in the usa

Over 100 a day kill themselves

Over 100 a day die from auto acidents

Over 100 a day die from medical errors

Over 100 a day die from flu

Over 100 a day die from poison

Over 50 a day die from homicide

Over 1,300 a day die from smoking

Over 50 a day die from falling

This corona crisis is man made BS
Posted By: Art S

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 03:42 AM

Behold the power of a corrupt media .

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 03:45 AM

I just seen on Fox news that LA county is turning all the prisoners loose-free to go-because of corona.
Maybe they told them to self isolate,lol.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 04:55 AM

A hundred Lousy?????corona deaths. Think that's the wrong word to use.
Just wonder what those numbers would be,if no prevention steps had been taken.
Italy was 425 deaths today do to the virus.
Tom

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 05:55 AM

Those figures dont grow in an exponential fashion, I think that might be a difference.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by yukonjeff
This is what the MSM is not telling you.

STILL WANT SOCIALIZED MEDICAL CARE????
Posted By: PA.Trapper

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Art S
Behold the power of a corrupt media .

True statement 👍
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 11:50 AM

Many Want to believe the Sky did fall
Posted By: Wiz

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 12:34 PM

Y'all just wait till next week when all the colleges go to online classes and everyone works from home. Will the internet crash from the volume of data? If that happens people will lose their mind and forget about Covid-19

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf

Exactly^^^^

We're all going to die = the wages of sin.
I took care of all of this about 18 years ago.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/19/20 12:49 PM

I accepted my own mortality when I was 14

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
Many Want to believe the Sky did fall

I agree , people enjoy the drama

Its a way for millons to shed responsibility for themselves and stand in line for free crap

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 01:23 AM

And many others are in denial.
Posted By: coonman220

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 05:04 AM

In itily, 400 plus dead in day. Docter lost count, used army trucks soldiers haul out bodies. I talk someone today up on what does. I much more concern then few days ago, u got go respirater or die. If severe
Posted By: bass10

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 11:42 AM

My wife and I are now working from home. She has already filed 3 sexual harassment cases with her HR department. I’m thinking she will win them?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by bass10
My wife and I are now working from home. She has already filed 3 sexual harassment cases with her HR department. I’m thinking she will win them?

laugh
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
In itily, 400 plus dead in day. Docter lost count, used army trucks soldiers haul out bodies. I talk someone today up on what does. I much more concern then few days ago, u got go respirater or die. If severe

I guess nobody else died that day, huh? In Italy on any normal day 1315 people die of various causes. I wonder what they did with them? Why do you suppose they used Army trucks for hearses? Yup, to impress the weak minded. (look up the word epiphany).

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 02:09 PM

It hardens ur lungs. Stop enzime from help lungs. Go on respirater or die, run out respirater. An doc decide who live or die. I expect this get much worse in 2 weeks.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Wiz
Y'all just wait till next week when all the colleges go to online classes and everyone works from home. Will the internet crash from the volume of data? If that happens people will lose their mind and forget about Covid-19

That's a good point.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 05:22 PM

A lot of doctors on here I see. My Girlfriend works for Mayo. Docs there are plenty concerned. Good enough for me.

Many of us know people in that the Older/compromised time of their lives. Seems nobody gives a rip about their welfare, however.

Sorry if some are so inconvenienced by this little blip in time. We live in a selfish society today....and abnormal becomes normal, unfortunately.

Let the internet crash I say. People might be forced to pull their heads out of their phones (and their butts) and learn how to communicate with people like real humans once did.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 05:38 PM

Talk loud you have to be 6ft apart.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 06:11 PM

Next thing u know. All non essential bussinrss well be shutdown. Economy go down tubes, broke, next thing no c ph services, what next. Terrorist attacks. Maybe this bilogicsl or chemical warfare attack, to weaken us. Who knows next.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT
Originally Posted by bass10

laugh

I just copped a feel, but she liked it. Shouldn't start something unless ya wanna finish it I guess!
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 07:26 PM

Italy reported it surpassed China in total deaths from the virus yesterday.

Then 627 died reported for today.

That puts them at over 4,000 total.

They are escalating much faster than China did. If you can believe China.

[Linked Image]

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 07:27 PM

So this covid start from few ppl overseas come back. An has spread that much. From just that ? If that is true, I thinking that going get much worse

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 07:36 PM

It depends weather they acted in time coonman.

Italy's healthcare system has been overwhelmed.

Too many sick people at once.

If we slow the spread, so that not so many are sick at once, we will be able to handle it better.

It is apparently a very contagious disease. I personally am optimistic that they acted fairly quickly, and we won't be as bad as Italy.

Posted By: scotts

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 07:43 PM

A more accurate statement may be that roughly half of Italy's healthcare system is overwhelmed. As best I can tell from reading multiple articles the southern half of the country is waiting in reserve should the disease spread. As best I can tell from the news reports, only in the past 24 hours have corona virus patients and bodies been allowed to be tranferred to faciilties outside the quarantine zone.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 07:45 PM

Thank you for clarifying.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 07:58 PM

Just think if some sort attack, or experiment to control ppl, next after lots sick. Cut communications. C ph, internet, ed be next to done , unless in remote wilderness area. If get attack, that were need be now if possible, if this stuff gets much worse. 1 thing for sure, going be reccision or depppresion

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/20/20 08:02 PM

I think more damage was done by the panic than anything else so far in this country.

I see no harm in wise preparation though. Especially after how goofy so many became this time.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 03:03 AM

I heard today from reliable source that shut down of non essential bussiness next week was likely, he say u can get unemployment immediately, no waiting, I seen the placard that u got have on vechile Go work, without it, u can be arrested. He say pretty sure early next week, vice president at factory was also say it today, shocking stuff, wonder what be like if happen, u have to stay home without a good reason to go? $100 hold charge at gas pumps as closed ? Gas very low. Definately something up, things have rapidly change in 3 days. Last wkend. Idk less about covid, now very concern, jobs close. Payroll close. No pay ? No job, don't get pay for work did bfore shutdown? Recession, depression ? I guess itily didn't have shutdown, 400 plus a day dead

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 03:24 AM

It is in every state, if the Johns Hopkins research is correct the cases double every 4 days....so, it is just a matter of time unless they do a complete lock down. If they wait until it is out of control to do a complete lock down, well then it is too late.....that is all assuming the research is correct.

National Guard general and HHS head both went out of their way today to say there is no lock down planned.

It will be interesting to see what the #'s in Italy do in the next four days. 700 dead from kung flu there today. If it is is 1400 on Tuesday and 3000 by end of next week then we are 10 days or so behind that type of escalation here because people are still out and about getting food/supplies.....shelves were pretty bare in some aisles today where I am.

I do not think the average American is equipped to handle this if it becomes very bad either mentally or otherwise. It could turn into a bad situation very fast.

Add into the mix something else like the internet goes down or a grid failure and it could be bedlam......never really thought I would see empty shelves for a few days in a row @ the supermarket....imagine if your one of the folks that just does not have the $ to stock up big and you need to buy as you use......lots of people under a lot of stress and many do not even handle driving with civility.
Posted By: Furvor

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 03:55 AM

Our federal government eliminated car wrecks by renaming them automobile crashes. Some trappers appear to think coronavirus can be dispatched the same way.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 04:23 AM

What I dont understand is why we didnt see any of this with H1N1. Am I missing something? There were over 60-million Americans infected with it after all, and over 12,000 died....We are no where near those numbers yet and the whole world is on lockdown and entire industries are going to go broke.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
It is in every state, if the Johns Hopkins research is correct the cases double every 4 days....so, it is just a matter of time unless they do a complete lock down. If they wait until it is out of control to do a complete lock down, well then it is too late.....that is all assuming the research is correct.

National Guard general and HHS head both went out of their way today to say there is no lock down planned.

It will be interesting to see what the #'s in Italy do in the next four days. 700 dead from kung flu there today. If it is is 1400 on Tuesday and 3000 by end of next week then we are 10 days or so behind that type of escalation here because people are still out and about getting food/supplies.....shelves were pretty bare in some aisles today where I am.

I do not think the average American is equipped to handle this if it becomes very bad either mentally or otherwise. It could turn into a bad situation very fast.

Add into the mix something else like the internet goes down or a grid failure and it could be bedlam......never really thought I would see empty shelves for a few days in a row @ the supermarket....imagine if your one of the folks that just does not have the $ to stock up big and you need to buy as you use......lots of people under a lot of stress and many do not even handle driving with civility.

So u are saying that probly no shut down soon an bad not to ?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 07:05 AM

Yukon254, you said, "What I dont understand is why we didnt see any of this with H1N1. Am I missing something? There were over 60-million Americans infected with it after all, and over 12,000 died....We are no where near those numbers yet and the whole world is on lockdown and entire industries are going to go broke."

COVID-19 is nothing like H1N1. It is far more contagious and deadly than H1N1. On average, each person infected with COVID-19 will pass it on to 2-2.5 other people. H1N1 patients passed it on to 1.2-1.6 others. The US mortality rate for H1N1 was about .02% The worldwide mortality rate for COVID-19 is 3.4 %, or about 170 times more deadly than H1N1. At that rate, if 60 million Americans contract COVID-19, there will be over 2 million deaths. That's about 1 out of every 165 people in the US.

I'm not making any of this up. All of these numbers are easily verified with just a bit of research.

No, we're nowhere near those numbers yet, but we will be if we do nothing. Go back and read through this thread. The folks down-playing the threat posed by this virus are wrong. I just hope that none of them end up being dead wrong.

The more drastic measures we take now, the fewer people will die. The key word here is NOW.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 10:34 AM

And those of us that survive can go look for new jobs in a ruined economy. Danged if you do, danged if you don't.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 10:50 AM

Fox 'n Fiends are cracking me up . . .

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business...-business/video/playlists/business-news/
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by amspoker

[Linked Image]

Just shows that Italy is the Mexico of Europe. Never understood why we let so many come here....look at NYC and Philly....
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by trapdog1
And those of us that survive can go look for new jobs in a ruined economy. Danged if you do, danged if you don't.

It might just help the economy long term.

Think....it typically kills the old and sick. Those that are not producing but consuming. The elderly will empty their homes dropping home prices and leaving a more significant inheritance for their defendants that can invest it or use for education.

Additionally....as with many crisis technology leaps forward

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River

Think....it typically kills the old and sick. Those that are not producing but consuming. The elderly will empty their homes dropping home prices and leaving a more significant inheritance for their defendants that can invest it or use for education.

U don't want to think about get rid of old an elderly like this. Besides be sick, look what it doing to economy , I be shock if any fha sales in months, from this. If situation improves. I guess fur sales months from now, if cure by fall, should be market , next season
Posted By: 8117 Steve R

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River

If I was someone that had you listed as a dependent I would cut your name out immediately after an insane comment like that.
Posted By: Art S

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 03:56 PM

Right out of the communist manifesto .

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 03:56 PM

I do not know what to say to someone who thinks older folks having a mass die off is a good thing.... sick
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 04:05 PM

Marty,I know what to say---but I would be banned for life if I did.
Tom

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Muskrat

Wow, you watch cnn, never woulda thought. (insert sarcasm font)

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 04:40 PM

[Linked Image]

To stay on the topic of this thread, this graph needs a closer look.

At first glance, the differences in the curves look like one of three things is happening: 1. China is lying about the true numbers. 2. The virus has mutated into something more lethal. 3. There are differences in Asian and European genetics that make this virus more severe to different genomes.

One very important factor that this graph does not show is age. The medical community is very certain age is a huge factor with covid. While any of the three things listed above are certainly possible, age must be considered to give context.

The median age of Italy is the highest in Europe at 45.4 years. China's median age is 38.5 years. (us median age 37.9, south korea 41.2, Japan 47.3)
The average age of the fatalities in Italy is 78.5. I haven't been able to find average age of fatalities for other countries, maybe one of you knows.
Italy reports 99% of fatalities had at least one preexisting conditions. (I don't take this as some huge smoking gun because there is no information on what preexisting conditions they are talking about and I suspect most people have at least one condition they may not even know about)

When age is taken into account, the graph is interpreted a little differently.

There is more information coming out every day that will modify the numbers above. For instance, there have been cases of 1-15 year old age bracket in the US. Other countries did not see much, if any, of this.
Posted By: Muskrat

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
Originally Posted by Muskrat

Wow, you watch cnn, never woulda thought. (insert sarcasm font)

It's a perfect balance . . . Fox on one end, CNN on the other. The truth lies somewhere in the middle, eh?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 05:54 PM

Pike River I find it funny after what you just wrote that in your bio you have family and bible listed as hobbies. So which older members of your family are you hoping die off? And when they do will you go set on the front pew and pray for them?
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by akroper
Yukon254, you said, "What I dont understand is why we didnt see any of this with H1N1. Am I missing something? There were over 60-million Americans infected with it after all, and over 12,000 died....We are no where near those numbers yet and the whole world is on lockdown and entire industries are going to go broke."

COVID-19 is nothing like H1N1. It is far more contagious and deadly than H1N1. On average, each person infected with COVID-19 will pass it on to 2-2.5 other people. H1N1 patients passed it on to 1.2-1.6 others. The US mortality rate for H1N1 was about .02% The worldwide mortality rate for COVID-19 is 3.4 %, or about 170 times more deadly than H1N1. At that rate, if 60 million Americans contract COVID-19, there will be over 2 million deaths. That's about 1 out of every 165 people in the US.

I'm not making any of this up. All of these numbers are easily verified with just a bit of research.

No, we're nowhere near those numbers yet, but we will be if we do nothing. Go back and read through this thread. The folks down-playing the threat posed by this virus are wrong. I just hope that none of them end up being dead wrong.

The more drastic measures we take now, the fewer people will die. The key word here is NOW.

There may be one major flaw with comparing the death rates of COVID-19 vs. H1N1.
Many of those infected with COVID-19 do not show any symptoms, or the symptoms are so mild that they don't go in to get checked, and therefor are not counted.
This was not the case with H1N1. Over time, I suspect that this will come out as a factor, and be misrepresented by the Media as a coverup to protect Trump from being impeached again.
Posted By: stinkypete

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 10:29 PM

Pike River. I think we should ignore your comment. Disgraceful to say the least. I will chalk it up to ignorance.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/21/20 10:41 PM

Coonmans analysis is there will be a fur market next fall if I read it right...…..That's it, Im all in.....anyone need a mink trapping partner?
Posted By: Jarhead620

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by stinkypete
Pike River. I think we should ignore your comment. Disgraceful to say the least. I will chalk it up to ignorance.

X2 I'm old but I'm not useless. Plus my family would love to have me around them for awhile longer.

Jarhead
Posted By: muddyriverdogz

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 12:26 AM

There is no possible way to compare the 2 at this point. H1N1 is a done deal with finalized number's. Corona is just getting started.

The fatality rate for corona is jumping all over the place from 1% to 10%, Probably 3% being close to the truth......The fatility rate for H1N1 we know though. It was 0.02 %...Big difference.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 12:33 AM

Right now I'm somewhere in between everybody should be ashamed of what they're taking away from kids in their schooling and what they're doing to business owners and the economy.
. That and we should all Have No Reservations about making sacrifices to protect the weak and elderly
. That being said, I really don't think that The lethality of this virus is as bad as it's played up to be relatively speaking

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by muddyriverdogz

There is no possible way to compare the 2 at this point. H1N1 is a done deal with finalized number's. Corona is just getting started.

The fatality rate for corona is jumping all over the place from 1% to 10%, Probably 3% being close to the truth......The fatility rate for H1N1 we know though. It was 0.02 %...Big difference.

South Korea is less than 1% fatality and they're not shutting anything down. Keep in mind. They are not testing probably half of the people that actually have the virus

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 12:36 AM

Yep..Did the H1N1 require ventalators (SP)...

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Chamacat
Yep..Did the H1N1 require ventalators (SP)...

Another good point. H1N1 didn't overload the healthcare system.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 12:49 AM

Poorcoon........Aaccording to data from Johns Hopkins University, global cases surpassed 300,000 with 12,755 deaths and 91,540 people recovered.

Sense we can only go off of recovered vs deaths because we don't know what the oucome will be for the rest that's around a 14% fatality rate.

What ever the real number ends up being i am sure it is going to be much higher than H1N1 when this is over.

This is a good link https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 12:53 AM

Let's hope that the R & D and testing at Stanford and other places finds some real value in the malaria drugs in minimizing deaths in our seriously ill virus patients. If we know we can greatly lower severity or death then that will mean we can get back to some more normal sooner. The drug will not prevent infection but maybe lower the mortality rates. This then would become more of a potent flu event then what it is today. We probably won't achieve in real release from tensions until we have vaccines that work. When they arrive it will be interesting to see how they are marketed and what price.
Meanwhile we are in the escalation phase and darker days are ahead health wise and financially as well. There will be discussion regarding who was right, wrong etc. for years to come after this. Some keep saying that once this is past we will all just go back to being what we always have been and I don't see it that way. Many millions of Americans will make some minor to major changes in lifestyles as an outcome from this. If we are going to live in full to semi forms of isolation for weeks and months many will develop different habits long enough to become their newer norms. I know we are really reviewing our lifestyle and we can find many far lower cost ways to enjoy life then we have in the past and if market recovery takes years that may be a good thing. Many talk about the loss of wealth in retirement funds as something that is bad but passive. If you are say part of the 60 million Americans that use retirement funds for living expenses just imagine the lowered liquidity that is now current.

Bryce

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:02 AM

There is more happening than just this virus. The economic system is collapsing. I would say your dead right about one thing, darker day's are coming.
Posted By: Jarhead620

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:06 AM

The provided numbers don't add up but if we are basing it on 300000 cases then the mortality rate is 4.3%

Jarhead

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jarhead620
The provided numbers don't add up but if we are basing it on 300000 cases then the mortality rate is 4.3%

Jarhead

You can't count the ones that have not recovered. We don't know if they are going to live or die yet.

Even at 4.3% that is way higher than H1N1's 0.02%.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:10 AM

I think the majority of the people commenting on the covid-19 pandemic should stick to their day jobs.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by ApocalypticGoatH
I think the majority of the people commenting on the covid-19 pandemic should stick to their day jobs.

If this keeps escalating there may not be to many people left with day jobs.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:18 AM

There is more happening than just this virus. The economic system is collapsing. I would say your dead right about one thing, darker day's are coming.

And economic collapse is accompanied by increased suicide, drug/alcohol addiction, crime, and untreated medical conditions. Otherwise normal, stable people do strange things in difficult times. Dead is dead regardless the reason.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:29 AM

The line in bold is total nonsense. You nor anyone else has any idea of the mortality rate yet. You have to have two numbers to get an accurate rate....currently we only have one...the number of deaths. Every expert says we have no idea how many are infected.....that makes knowing the mortality rate impossible....
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:32 AM

Enlighten us oh wise one.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:39 AM

You guys that are scared are the ones that are puffing up the numbers talking about 14% death rate 4% death rate whatever.
. No way anybody has been remotely close to testing the number of people infected. There's more people that have had covid 19 then anybody will ever find out

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Poorcoon
You guys that are scared are the ones that are puffing up the numbers talking about 14% death rate 4% death rate whatever.
. No way anybody has been remotely close to testing the number of people infected. There's more people that have had covid 19 then anybody will ever find out
'

I think i made it clear we don't know what the true number is. Yet . But it will most likely be much higher than 0.02%of the H1N1 virus, witch is my opinion.

Maybe you should re read my post.....14% is 12,974 deaths vs 91,679 recovered....The number's we have available to us at the moment. The rest are not recovered yet nor dead. I also stated in a previous post that 3% is probably closer to the truth.

Heres the link so you can check my facts.... https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:52 AM

'

I think i made it clear we don't know what the true number is. Yet . But it will most likely be much higher than 0.02% witch is my opinion.

Maybe you shpould re read my post.....14% is 12,974 deaths vs 91,679 recovered....The number's we have available to us at the moment. The rest are not recovered yet nor dead.

Heres the link so you can check my facts.... https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Okay that's a pretty cool page there I'll give you that. But all those numbers are total BS. I have very little confidence that their numbers are close to being actual numbers. If you don't know how many people had it and got over it and will never know. And you don't know how many people actually have it then you're number of infected along with your percentages of recoveries and deaths are total bunk.
. This is like arguing over true averages of fur sales. LOL you can't have a true average unless it 100% sale. You can't have a true fatality percentage without knowing how many are or have been infected

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:56 AM

Check out the latest flu season mortality rate on the CDC website. 7.1%

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:00 AM

You dont know how many were infected with the regular flu either that never reported so yes those numbers can be compared and it shows covid is way way more deadly than regular flu.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:01 AM

Poorcoon We don't know yet. Anything anybody say's is speculation but we do have some information available to speculate from.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:02 AM

Nope

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by hippie
Check out the latest flu season mortality rate on the CDC website. 7.1%

Link please?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:07 AM

Poorcoon, you logic is convoluted, we'll never know how many "true" cases there was of Corona, we'll never know how many cases of H1N1 there was and we'll never know how many cases of the flu there is in a given year. There will be enough information to make educated estimations that will be valuable.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:08 AM

Can't link with this kindle but a simple Google will bring it up. Check out the 2017-18 season also.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:10 AM

There are video's of the hospitals in Italy that are being pushed to the limit. Never seen that before from the Flu.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Poorcoon, you logic is convoluted, we'll never know how many "true" cases there was of Corona, we'll never know how many cases of H1N1 there was and we'll never know how many cases of the flu there is in a given year. There will be enough information to make educated estimations that will be valuable.

Very true!

Just look at how many die from the flu a year in the U.S. And then explain why this is so much worse?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:14 AM

Here is why China has flattened the curve with no new cases. They are liars.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/report...eduV2ikW4dWd8x2vFfY_J12pyZcmEJPzbfz1iNic

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:14 AM

Very true!

Just look at how many die from the flu a year in the U.S. And then explain why this is so much worse?

We are about to find out. The show has just begun.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:15 AM

Very true!

any numbers that are given will heavily misrepresent a higher than actual fatality rate. Hence they will look scarier than they actually are. My guess is there are at least twice as many infections versus confirmed infections

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:17 AM

By the way the link i provided is in real time The death toll is now at 13,004 up from what i posted a few minutes ago of 12,974.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:19 AM

Death toll now 13,031

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:21 AM

Hippie the only way you can say there is a death rate of 7 percent from the flu is if you compare the number of deaths to the number of hospitalizations. 36 million cases of the flu this season 370,000 hospitalizations and 22,000 deaths.

I suppose we don't know if this will be worse. Right now it's not looking good imho

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:22 AM

How did so many trappers become experts at what medical care is available and what this virus is doing to people, how it spreads, rates of infection etc. Near as I can tell the CDC has a different "information" on toxicity, severity, communicability and who is at risk, about every 15 minutes

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:25 AM

Can't link with this kindle but a simple Google will bring it up. Check out the 2017-18 season also.

I've not seen any mortality rates that high. I've been keeping up with the info fairly well.

How did so many trappers become experts at what medical care is available and what this virus is doing to people, how it spreads, rates of infection etc. Near as I can tell the CDC has a different "information" on toxicity, severity, communicability and who is at risk, about every 15 minutes

I think the answer to that is as soon as Trapper's seen people hoarding toilet paper. We figured we were probably a little more expert than most. That's assuming there aren't any Trappers hoarding a big stockpile of TP in their house?

We are not experts, we are speculating, having a conversation so to speak.

I'm speculating the cure might be worse than the disease.

I have enough tp for a couple, three weeks. Typical stockpile for the fam damily lol.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:26 AM

Hippie the only way you can say there is a death rate of 7 percent from the flu is if you compare the number of deaths to the number of hospitalizations. 36 million cases of the flu this season 370,000 hospitalizations and 22,000 deaths.

I suppose we don't know if this will be worse. Right now it's not looking good imho

You'll have to explain that to the CDC, not my math.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:29 AM

Show us the a link, surely you can copy and paste from a kindle, my daughter said it's possible.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:29 AM

We are not experts, we are speculating, having a conversation so to speak.

I'm speculating the cure might be worse than the disease.

I have enough tp for a couple, three weeks. Typical stockpile for the fam damily lol.

N. Korea has very little of this reported. They have found lead injection kills the virus quickly. I bet others like Russia are using the same cure. LLL

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:30 AM

I've heard that about NK Larry, if it wasn't so tragic it would be laughable.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:30 AM

Whether the virus concern is real is debatable. The panic it is creating is real. Sh*t is getting real and it ain't going to be pretty. Coincidentally the virus showed up at the same time a bunch of politicians started dumping stocks and the stock market crashed. Now they're talking a 20% unemployment rate. Take that for what it's worth.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:33 AM

I've heard that about NK Larry, if it wasn't so tragic it would be laughable.

You know I am not laughing. This is serious as a heart attack. LLL

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Whether the virus concern is real is debatable. The panic it is creating is real. Sh*t is getting real and it ain't going to be pretty. Coincidentally the virus showed up at the same time a bunch of politicians started dumping stocks and the stock market crashed. Now they're talking a 20% unemployment rate. Take that for what it's worth.

The stock market was going to crash anyway. If the virus had not of popped it something else would have. A market built up on debt is a ticking time bomb.

Although i do find the timing of this virus very suspicious considering REPO (not QE) started last September and had been slowly increaing ever sense. Along with rate cuts. Ahhh maybe it was just dumb luck to have something to devert blame and attention from.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:45 AM

Show us the a link, surely you can copy and paste from a kindle, my daughter said it's possible.

Just tried again, no luck.

When on their site, I looked at past flu seasons. From it...................

From the 2010-11 season through the 2017-18 season, death run from a low of 12,000 during the 11-12 season to a high of 79,000 during the 17-18 season. 79,000!!!! I

I've been using Yotetrappers link on the y'all suck thread. Put flu in their search box And change to all of CDC INSTEAD of covid19.
Then find last seasons.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:50 AM

So which is best: Protect perhaps a scooch too much or play fiddle while Rome burns?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Furvor
So which is best: Protect perhaps a scooch too much or play fiddle while Rome burns?

I think your warm.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:56 AM

Why don't we panic like this every flu season is my question. Why didn't the media show wall to wall flu death rates when 79,000 were estimated to be dying a couple winters ago?

These are equally valid questions no one wants to address!

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:56 AM

Death tooll now 13,044...I wonder how far and fast it will go ?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:58 AM

Why don't we panic like this every flu season is my question. Why didn't the media show wall to wall flu death rates when 79,000 were estimated to be dying a couple winters ago?

These are equally valid questions no one wants to address!

Maybe because we didn't have a collapsing stock market bubble. Maybe because this really is a dangerous virus. Maybe a little bit of both...We will soon see.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:00 AM

The virus ain't the problem. This was carefully planned and brilliantly executed.

Good question. They estimate 250,000-500,00 from regular flu so if this is worse, a million maybe?

Nobody will take it seriously until internet tv and electrical grid go down.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:10 AM

Yep...Our nations craftsman will keep the power on..The feds will fire up idled coal fire plants..

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
The virus ain't the problem. This was carefully planned and brilliantly executed.

Those red dots on the map in that link could just as well represent all the central banks and the amount of trouble they are in. lol
Posted By: charles

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:14 AM

I would have to be pretty sick to sit in a doctor’s waiting room now.

I see my kidney surgeon Tuesday afternoon. I might ask him to come to my car. At least his patients will not be Corona candidates with flu symptoms.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:22 AM

Really ??? Where did you mine that jewel?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:36 AM

Well after today I'll take the virus over a moose! A big bull that has been hanging around almost got me....it was very very close. Our KBDs saved my sorry behind.....packing my 9.3 PPE even on short trips to the barn now...

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:42 AM

Just tried again, no luck.

When on their site, I looked at past flu seasons. From it...................

From the 2010-11 season through the 2017-18 season, death run from a low of 12,000 during the 11-12 season to a high of 79,000 during the 17-18 season. 79,000!!!! I

I've been using Yotetrappers link on the y'all suck thread. Put flu in their search box And change to all of CDC INSTEAD of covid19.
Then find last seasons.

Straight from the CDC.
link

2017-18 flu season all estimated numbers of course. 44.8 million cases, 808,000 hospitalizations, 61,000 deaths. That's an estimated death rate of a little over 1 percent, 7 percent when compared to hospitalizations.

These numbers are nothing to be made light of and surely the death rates compared to total estimated cases will fall when the numbers are in. My speculation is the numbers in the next two weeks will really tell the tale. If it keeps doubling at the rate it is in that time frame, Katie bar the door.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:52 AM

Just a small fraction of those number's with coronavirus will overwhelm our healthcare system if what we are hearing is true. Our healthcare system unlike other's is set up to get people in and out as fast as possible. They will be forced to start choosing who lives and who dies.

Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:59 AM

https://youtu.be/gMTZu6_TjU8

Interesting and scary

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 04:00 AM

Steven,

On the top left of your linked page, click flu seasons. Then scroll down to past seasons,click then click 2017-18 season and then read that page. Down a ways is deaths and they give the 79,000 number I copied.

2018-19, not 17-18

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 04:04 AM

I was wrong, it's the 2018_-19 season that gives the number I quoted.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
https://youtu.be/gMTZu6_TjU8

Interesting and scary

It's interesting for sure.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 04:12 AM

What I read says 61,000 hippie, either way 79,000 wont' change the overall death rate much. It would change the comparison to hospitalization a couple points.

I have a lot of pondering to do, the conspiracy theorist in me is starting to kick in and it hasn't nothing to do with R versus D.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 04:16 AM

We are all gonna die from " STUPID " not the c-19 virus
Posted By: Hydropillar

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 04:18 AM

What I read says 61,000 hippie, either way 79,000 wont' change the overall death rate much. It would change the comparison to hospitalization a couple points.

I have a lot of pondering to do, the conspiracy theorist in me is starting to kick in and it hasn't nothing to do with R versus D.

x2

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 04:19 AM

Here is a portion of a New York Times article that was published today:

"The coronavirus has infected far more people in the United States than testing has shown so far, and stringent measures to limit social contact in parts of the country not yet seeing many cases are needed to significantly stem the tide of illness and death in the coming months.

Those are the conclusions of Columbia University researchers who used a New York Times database of known cases and Census Bureau transportation data to model how the outbreak could evolve based on what is known about the virus. The estimates are inherently uncertain, and they could change as the U.S. adopts unprecedented measures to control the outbreak.

But they offer a stark warning: Even if the country managed to cut its rate of transmission in half — a tall order — some 650,000 people might become infected in the next two months.

The growth is driven by Americans with mild symptoms who are carrying and spreading the virus without being aware that they have it, the researchers say. The number of undetected cases — 11 times the total that has been officially reported, they estimate — reflects how far behind the U.S. has fallen in testing for the virus."

The rest of the article details how they used the model to get the numbers and says it is an evolving situation and the numbers will change. This was undoubtedly put together by someone smarter than me. We have been told this will double every three days. So when I take the number of confirmed cases and multiply by 11 and then multiply by 20 (doubling every 3 days for six months) I come up with 3,348,180. Divided by 2 is 1,674,090. This article says the number should only be 650,000. Where did I go wrong in my math? I am one million short.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 04:19 AM

I read 79,000 under the "how many adults died" paragraph. They give the 10 year low at12,000 and the high I posted .

Anyhow, back to why such a tizzy now and not when tens of thousands were dying?

Flu season at top left of you link, then past seasons, then 2018-2019 and read the page to find it.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 04:26 AM

I seen on the news tonight that people are being scammed left and right,and a lot of companys are being hacked because people working from home on their own computers are vulnerable.
Somebodys already making big money on this debaucle.
I bet lots of the government gravy meant for people who need it will be diverted all over the world to the scammers.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 05:13 AM

The title of this thread is Corona over hyped. I guess we'll see who is right and who eats crow in a couple weeks. I know I have changed my mind in the last two weeks.

If you live under a rock in the middle of no where you probably have time and space to conjure up whatever conspiracy theory you can dream up, but for those who live in congested areas who have loved ones that are in that "compromised" bracket, things seems a little more real and concerning.

Kind of like when they have wolf meetings in Bloomington, MN. No wolves in Bloomington, MN so those folks don't have a clue what's really happening where there are wolves.

My Girlfriend works for Mayo and keeps up on it from inside. The docs who are working on it down there are plenty worried (good enough for me) and have canceled their vacations into August now. But I suppose they are part of the big conspiracy, too. dunno.

Personally whenever someone cries govt conspiracy, I hear the same thing as when people cry racism today. All I hear is I have nothing factual to base anything on so I'll scream one of the two. Nobody takes anyone who cries either seriously and we think you're nuts.

And no I don't trust our govt...However, I have worked for the govt for 22 years now and am fully aware something like this virus is far far past what the govt is capable of thinking up and implementing.

We are now seeing real people we know getting it. Stay tuned. I hope the experts are wrong (as I thought a couple weeks ago).

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 05:53 AM

Just because the virus is real doesn't rule out a government conspiracy.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 11:26 AM

These numbers will go down as more get tested . The mortality rate will go down as more people survive it knowing they have it.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 11:27 AM

OK it is SOOOO deadly that they say DON"T go to the hospital unless your breathing is critical. Heck the persona is that if you have it you are "marked for death"

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Calvin
The title of this thread is Corona over hyped. I guess we'll see who is right and who eats crow in a couple weeks. I know I have changed my mind in the last two weeks.

If you live under a rock in the middle of no where you probably have time and space to conjure up whatever conspiracy theory you can dream up, but for those who live in congested areas who have loved ones that are in that "compromised" bracket, things seems a little more real and concerning.

Kind of like when they have wolf meetings in Bloomington, MN. No wolves in Bloomington, MN so those folks don't have a clue what's really happening where there are wolves.

My Girlfriend works for Mayo and keeps up on it from inside. The docs who are working on it down there are plenty worried (good enough for me) and have canceled their vacations into August now. But I suppose they are part of the big conspiracy, too. dunno.

Personally whenever someone cries govt conspiracy, I hear the same thing as when people cry racism today. All I hear is I have nothing factual to base anything on so I'll scream one of the two. Nobody takes anyone who cries either seriously and we think you're nuts.

And no I don't trust our govt...However, I have worked for the govt for 22 years now and am fully aware something like this virus is far far past what the govt is capable of thinking up and implementing.

We are now seeing real people we know getting it. Stay tuned. I hope the experts are wrong (as I thought a couple weeks ago).

Calvin I have ONE major question for you . The "loved ones that are compromised" were they not COMPROMISED even by the flu?

Tell you what I think will shake out from this.
1 As soon as BIG PHARMA can figure out a vaccine the fear will go away .
2. NO WHERE near the number of people will die from this than the flu EACH YEAR.
3 If 80% (their statements) can get it and not know it can't be too deadly.
4 None if any "HEALTHY " people will die from it.

I will almost be willing to say that more people will die from choking this year (5051 last year ) than this bug when its all done.
The number of deaths is REALLY tilted toward fear mongering. IN KY as of yesterday we have had 3 deaths. First one was a man that was sent to the hospital with STAGE 4 lung cancer and in hospice care. Around here hospice care means you have days to live. The other 2 they won't say what was wrong with them because the GOV got heat for telling about the first one because of HIPPA. It may take away from the drama if they tell the people were already terminal when this killed them.....

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 12:33 PM

How many died from it in Italy friday jbyrd?

Posted By: Big George W

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 12:55 PM

Haven't been here in a while, but if you want a good data base this one tells it all: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

For the record, this is the very first time in my 55 years on this planet that a virus outbreak has occurred that's got me more than just a bit concerned.

13,598 so far world wide and the numbers are going way up exponentially each week.

*Check that website out around 6.00pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time so you can see the numbers from Europe, and for those upset about the numbers being low here in the States, don't worry by the end of Spring, early Summer they should be cranking up good here as well, as the virus really hasn't really taken hold here yet - which is something the government is trying to ensure does not happen by placing all these measures in place.

Be safe everyone !!

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:06 PM

How many died from it in Italy friday jbyrd?

FIRST and more importantly WE DON'T live in Italy!!! WE don't live in whohoo china either!! The living conditions there are like some third world country! Heck half One of Italy's major cities is built on top of it's sewer system. No the streets ARE it's sewer system. Have to use a boat to float around !!
My comparison is in the UNITED STATES !!!!

If they want to reveal the correct DATA tell us how many the virus has killed!! Don't tell me about a cancer patient in his last few days that happen to test positive at the time of death !! Or granny that has been on a ventilator for 7 plus years or someone that hasn't got out of there bed for 10 plus years. That is weighted stats any time someone else tried to use those numbers like that.

Just how many has the virus taken .
If you remember I called it the human distemper long time ago. Heck any trapper should know what happens when you get an overpopulation of ANY mammal. Some form of disease will thin them out !!! But in most cases of an outbreak the weak AND the young are the first to die. This bug so far seems to spare the young and ONLY kills ,NO let me rephrase that CONTRIBUTES to the death of older people or terminal patients.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Big George W
Haven't been here in a while, but if you want a good data base this one tells it all: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

For the record, this is the very first time in my 55 years on this planet that a virus outbreak has occurred that's got me more than just a bit concerned.

13,598 so far world wide and the numbers are going way up exponentially each week.

*Check that website out around 6.00pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time so you can see the numbers from Europe, and for those upset about the numbers being low here in the States, don't worry by the end of Spring, early Summer they should be cranking up good here as well, as the virus really hasn't really taken hold here yet - which is something the government is trying to ensure does not happen by placing all these measures in place.

Be safe everyone !!

LOL hey George google how many people died from the flu last year . No wait I'll do it for you 646,000 (app) With these kind of numbers why aren't we cowering in lock down every oct to april (flu season according to cdc)
That is why I'm just shaking my head at the news each and every day .....

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=208914
Posted By: Ghost14

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:35 PM

So who should people believe? I believe what I witness and the numbers I see. My wife is a Doctor and owns her own practice. We aren’t real concerned about the virus. None of the information she receives from big brother would lead us to be. I don’t know where some of these people get their “facts” that I know are just repeated nonsense. Use common sense people, don’t risk spreading this because people with compromised immune systems do not need to come in contact. Just like seasonal Flu which as of right now has killed far more this year than this virus is on pace to kill. As of yesterday this virus had killed enough people globally to make up .09% of the U.S. population. Some places it has run its course and is exponentially falling off in infection rates. The death toll globally was still under what seasonal flu kills in the U.S. alone. Dr. Fauci says the mortality rate is close to 1% when all said and done. When they finally have enough tests and can start research instead of herding the sheep!

Please stop fueling this hysteria fire!

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 01:53 PM

Two things I have noticed is exponentially growing and doubling being claimed. Exponential growth is y=ax to a power. This is not happening as well as doubling now that our numbers are not small. Carry on!

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 02:40 PM

Look at these numbers...especially compare spain to the US....similar number of cases but the death rate here is much lower...

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:11 PM

Looks like about 600 more people have died in the last 8 hours. I would say it's starting to pick up.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Big George W

Be safe everyone !!

LOL hey George google how many people died from the flu last year . No wait I'll do it for you 646,000 (app) With these kind of numbers why aren't we cowering in lock down every oct to april (flu season according to cdc)
That is why I'm just shaking my head at the news each and every day .....

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=208914

Ha Ha - that's a good one - tell me, how many people got the flu last year ??
Then do the math......

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:18 PM

It's all good though, turns out my favorite country Somilia is now the safest place on Earth smile smile smile

Cheers......

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:23 PM

Looks like about 600 more people have died in the last 8 hours. I would say it's starting to pick up.

600 more where? world wide?

Please read this !!!

times. times.
https://fullfact.org/online/coronavirus-daily-deaths/

Wow mosquitoes kill 2400 people a day!!

Diabetes 4300 a day
OH no heart attacks over 24,000 a day OH NO !! ban high fat foods !!!!!!!!!!!! hurry Don't have too idiots bought them all in stores

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:25 PM

600 more where? world wide?

Please read this !!!

times. times.
https://fullfact.org/online/coronavirus-daily-deaths/

Wow mosquitoes kill 2400 people a day!!

Diabetes 4300 a day
OH no heart attacks over 24,000 a day OH NO !! ban high fat foods !!!!!!!!!!!! hurry Don't have too idiots bought them all in stores

How many will it be killing in the next couple of weeks is the question.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:27 PM

Diabetes and heart attacks are not contagious..... smile

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:30 PM

Thanks for the update Marty I thought you caught them from reeses cups. LOL

But my point is not to cower in our houses thinking the angel of death is walking the streets looking for a law breaker who happened to go out. The media and politicians are election medelling 101 !!!!

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:40 PM

Thanks for the update Marty I thought you caught them from reeses cups. LOL

But my point is not to cower in our houses thinking the angel of death is walking the streets looking for a law breaker who happened to go out. The media and politicians are election medelling 101 !!!!

Yes, this could be anything......from pure happenstance to a plan for the top 1% to take over the globe. If we live thru it I guess we can see what develops. If we die then we will never know.
Personally, I am just going to keep it simple and listen to what the POTUS asks me to do while paying attention to what is going on around me and around the world. Once something like this gets in motion no one knows where it will all end up, that goes for the virus and the measures to counter the virus. If the internet, grid and/or comms go down then we know we are in trouble.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost14
So who should people believe? I believe what I witness and the numbers I see. My wife is a Doctor and owns her own practice. We aren’t real concerned about the virus. None of the information she receives from big brother would lead us to be. I don’t know where some of these people get their “facts” that I know are just repeated nonsense. Use common sense people, don’t risk spreading this because people with compromised immune systems do not need to come in contact. Just like seasonal Flu which as of right now has killed far more this year than this virus is on pace to kill. As of yesterday this virus had killed enough people globally to make up .09% of the U.S. population. Some places it has run its course and is exponentially falling off in infection rates. The death toll globally was still under what seasonal flu kills in the U.S. alone. Dr. Fauci says the mortality rate is close to 1% when all said and done. When they finally have enough tests and can start research instead of herding the sheep!

Notice how everyone ignores facts and continues on with the hysteria?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost14

Notice how everyone ignores facts and continues on with the hysteria?

There are a whole slew of docs at Mayo that would disagree with the above statement. And I would argue there isn't an institution in the US that is putting more research/time and people on Covid 19 right now.

I/m in no way putting down someone who Is a doc who has their own "practice" but if any of you have seen the size and output Of Mayo (63,000 employees....4500 doctors and countless researchers) there isn't much comparison.
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 03:58 PM

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...00000960500227?sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=i
Funny video, hope it plays for you.
Posted By: strike2x

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 04:01 PM

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...00000960500227?sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=i
Funny video, hope it plays for you. If that don't work Google Virus,,,,,Baby on you tube. Tried to attach that link but no go for me.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 04:11 PM

The Best So far!!!! Excellent take on it!!!!

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper

The Best So far!!!! Excellent take on it!!!!

Do you think we should act this way every winter when the flu is killing 100x the people this is?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 05:12 PM

No health insurance here for quite awhile, I hope dont catch it, I be pretty low on totem pole for Heath care, someone told me that expect them to flood local hospitals with chicago patients from less 200 miles from here, maybe they take in all ones there in chicago area, that dont have insurance, street ppl, ones released from jail, save there criminal lives, they come from Chicago all time here. Easy pickings, more welfare. Programs, free stuff an jobs if they wanna work than chicago offers

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 05:14 PM

Putin created it to interfere with the US election.Its true,just look at the timing.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 05:15 PM

China!

Mad at Trump for slapping tariffs on their junk.
Posted By: Useless Eater

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 05:21 PM

The numbers being given to us don't correlate to the fatality rate they are telling us. 318662 confirmed cases 13672 deaths = 4.3% fatality, most of the cases just happened in the last few days and are certain to become fatalities so that number is going to go up. 3 months to reach 100000 cases, 12 days to go from 100000 to 200000. Really is time to take this seriously, stay safe.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1103046/new-coronavirus-covid19-cases-number-worldwide-by-day/

https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...sitrep-61-covid-19.pdf?sfvrsn=6aa18912_2
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Useless Eater
The numbers being given to us don't correlate to the fatality rate they are telling us. 318662 confirmed cases 13672 deaths = 4.3% fatality, most of the cases just happened in the last few days and are certain to become fatalities so that number is going to go up. 3 months to reach 100000 cases, 12 days to go from 100000 to 200000. Really is time to take this seriously, stay safe.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1103046/new-coronavirus-covid19-cases-number-worldwide-by-day/

Yet there are still people saying “This is so stupid. The coronavirus is just a common cold—that’s it.”

If I had a trillion dollars every time entire nations were locked down due to common colds....

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 05:35 PM

Its nothing-thats why it is dominating the conversation everywhere even on a trapping forum.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 05:42 PM

But my point is not to cower in our houses thinking the angel of death is walking the streets looking for a law breaker who happened to go out.

The "cower in our houses" instruction is intended more to keep us from infecting others than to protecting ourselves. I guess the dumb framers of that instruction think we can transmit the virus before we are sick enough to know we have it.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Aix sponsa

Yet there are still people saying “This is so stupid. The coronavirus is just a common cold—that’s it.”

If I had a trillion dollars every time entire nations were locked down due to common colds....

Do either of yuns have an opinion to my question?

Do you think we should shut things down every flu season? Facts are, tens of thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands world-wide die every winter from it, so would you be behind this every fall/wnter?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 05:45 PM

But my point is not to cower in our houses thinking the angel of death is walking the streets looking for a law breaker who happened to go out.

The "cower in our houses" instruction is intended more to keep us from infecting others than to protecting ourselves. I guess the dumb framers of that instruction think we can transmit the virus before we are sick enough to know we have it.

I read they are trying to slow the infection rate so the hospitols don't get overwhelmed.That they are just trying to buy time

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 06:07 PM

This is deadlier than flu, more contagious than flu and has a long incubation time for the infected to be contagious and show no symptoms and the flu has a vaccine. 70,000,000 to 150,000,000 are expected to get coronavirus in the US. 4.2% of 70,000,000 is 2,940,000 .5% of 70,000,000 is 350,000. If the numbers they are giving us are right things are going to get bleak.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/up-...ronavirus-congressional-doctor-says.html

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 06:18 PM

This is deadlier than flu, more contagious than flu and has a long incubation time for the infected to be contagious and show no symptoms and the flu has a vaccine. 70,000,000 to 150,000,000 are expected to get coronavirus in the US. 4.2% of 70,000,000 is 2,940,000 .5% of 70,000,000 is 350,000. If the numbers they are giving us are right things are going to get bleak.

That's on par with the flu, 7percent of those hospitalized with the flu died. Your numbers are based on the same since only those deathly I'll are being tested.

So, shut things down every year?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 06:35 PM

Enlighten us oh wise one.

I lack the qualifications to enlighten anyone on this subject especially the percentage of infection rate or death rate because of incomplete data.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 06:38 PM

I guess what health proffesional's are reporting is not valid data.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 06:41 PM

There is a huge difference in the mortality rate of those hospitalized versus those that contract a disease.

See below a brief summary of flu related deaths and hospitalizations in the US since 2010.

The burden of influenza disease in the United States can vary widely and is determined by a number of factors including the characteristics of circulating viruses, the timing of the season, how well the vaccine is working to protect against illness, and how many people got vaccinated. While the impact of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year.

CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010.

Just using averages one gets about 27 million cases per year and about 480K of those are hospitalized and roughly 35,000 per year die. That is 35K divided by 27 million or .0013 or less then two per 1,000 that contract the disease which is far lower then the current data on COVID 19 but that could very well be do to the huge number of undocumented cases that may exist. We best hope that in reality that we are way, way, way under testing as if the percentage holds and we infect what may be projected we will deal with many hospitalizations and much higher death rates then we are dealing with in normal years.

Bryce

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 06:45 PM

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 06:49 PM

Here's the conclusion I came to.

It's more contagious than regular flu.

It's less lethal than regular flu, based on only .08 percent of deaths, the people didn't have any pre-existing illnesses. Over 70 percent had two or more pre-existing illnesses and the average age of those dying is around 80yrs old.

It's been in China since November, and its more widespread than us commoners know. All doctors say there are hundreds of thousands who have it with no symptoms.

This is like the one cop shooting the media grabs hold of and doesn't let go, when there are hundreds of cop shootings that we never hear of.

And lastly, yes I do worry that my very elderly mother may get it, same as I do her catching the flu.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 06:53 PM

If you truly believe this is all hype then by all means socialize with everyone, go visit a patient with the virus in the hospital, then go back and sneeze and cough all over your family.
We’ll await your results. It shouldn’t be a big deal to most on here. Can’t get anything from hype...

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 06:53 PM

I agree with your first sentence Bryce....there is a huge difference. That's why most are saying the mortality rate of this covid 19 will be below 1percent when all said and done.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 06:55 PM

Here's the conclusion I came to.

It's more contagious than regular flu.

It's less lethal than regular flu, based on only .08 percent of deaths, the people didn't have any pre-existing illnesses. Over 70 percent had two or more pre-existing illnesses and the average age of those dying is around 80yrs old.

It's been in China since November, and its more widespread than us commoners know. All doctors say there are hundreds of thousands who have it with no symptoms.

This is like the one cop shooting the media grabs hold of and doesn't let go, when there are hundreds of cop shootings that we never hear of.

And lastly, yes I do worry that my very elderly mother may get it, same as I do her catching the flu.

How do you know it had been in China sense November ? I see it was not identified until January 7th and they did not have the first death until January 11th.

I'n not saying it is not true just wondering where you heard that and how did they know.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
If you truly believe this is all hype then by all means socialize with everyone, go visit a patient with the virus in the hospital, then go back and sneeze and cough all over your family.
We’ll await your results. It shouldn’t be a big deal to most on here. Can’t get anything from hype...

I didn't say it's all hype, I'm asking why these dead people are getting the attention the hundreds of thousands of flu victims don't?

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:03 PM

On the news Muddy. Saw several politicians who were briefed say that.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:07 PM

All the grade 4 dropouts on here know more about infectious diseases than the CDC.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:11 PM

Another thing I notice.......

No one wants to commit to shutting down every fall to save tens of thousands from the flu that die every year. Guess they bought into the hysteria the media is selling.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:15 PM

I guess what health proffesional's are reporting is not valid data.

Probably just as valid as reporting by media and politicians trying to further their agenda.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:17 PM

Hippie, here is my full take on it and it's only opinion, it's a new virus that is highly contagious. With a new virus there is a fear of the unknown, shut it down and look like an idiot, let it run its course look like an idiot. We won't know for sure until all the data comes and it will most likely take a year or two after it's run it's course.

One thing I'm beginning to believe is the cure will have a good chance to be worse than the disease. Bette than 50 50 chance in my eyes the whole economic system will be transformed after this and not in a positive way for the common man.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:22 PM

Thanks for your opinion Steven. I too believe it's more contagious.
Posted By: Desertambition

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:28 PM

I find it difficult to understand how some individuals believe the coronavirus outbreak is overhyped. Have you not heard that entire countries are shutting down. Did you think this is "just for fun"? The level of contamination and death would be astronomical if no one did a thing. Entire Countries are locking down their medical resources are overwhelmed. One can see, here, how grocery stores are being left with isles bare. That is the kind of situation that is trying to be averted at hospitals. A situation where so many people are sick that there is no room, supplies or manpower to treat them. This is like common sense what is with you people? Seriously, Wake Up!

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:29 PM

Over 7,000 people on average die every single day in the United States
Posted By: wannabe1

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:30 PM

YUP YUP its only the flu boys....the friggin buzzards and ravens will be eating good by the time this is over boys....armchair experts and quarterbacks give your friggin heads a shake people and see if there is anything inside....rant off....

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:31 PM

The difference between this corona virus is that it is a novel virus-brand new,The other flu viruses have been circulating for decades and the population has developed a level of immunity that creates managable rates of infection and spread.Not so with this one.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:34 PM

I don't wanna get it.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:35 PM

I don't wanna die yet.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:37 PM

Just chew on that for a minute.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:51 PM

By a highly contagious disease that could double or triple that 7,000 and overwhelm our hospitols in the coming day's ?

Just chew on that.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:52 PM

32,356 cases in the US 414 deaths(1.3%) 178 recovered 8,138 new cases today.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:54 PM

The difference between this corona virus is that it is a novel virus-brand new,The other flu viruses have been circulating for decades and the population has developed a level of immunity that creates managable rates of infection and spread.Not so with this one.

That is correct. What we are going to find out is if the measures that have been and will be put in place to slow the spread of the virus will cause more damage than the disease.

It' s going to be interesting to watch this all play out.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:56 PM

40,000 die from gun violence in the USA in one year.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:58 PM

By a highly contagious disease that could double or triple that 7,000 and overwhelm our hospitols in the coming day's ?

Just chew on that.

I'm as concerned about this virus as much many but one thing that wont happen is 7,000 deaths a day from it.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 07:59 PM

I went for a walk along the river and saw some turkeys.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 08:00 PM

The majority are suicides.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 08:00 PM

23,000 from flu since Oct. Nothing to worry about tho.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 08:04 PM

Just keep stirring!!!

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 08:04 PM

1.18 million legal immigrants entered the USA in one year.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 08:05 PM

Steven 49er That was plural.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 08:09 PM

That is correct. What we are going to find out is if the measures that have been and will be put in place to slow the spread of the virus will cause more damage than the disease.

It' s going to be interesting to watch this all play out.

That's true. The economic damage will be immense. But the economy was falling apart anyway as the REPO (not QE) started last September and the re-suppressing of interest rates started before that....That is what makes the timing of this virus so suspicious to many. Just in time to take the eye's off of monitary policy, to shift the blame.
Posted By: trapper234

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 08:10 PM

This thing is real! People around me getting it.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 08:10 PM

That is not stirring that is putting it in perspective with statistics.
You are stirring with comments like that Grousewit.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 08:32 PM

1.18 million legal immigrants entered the USA in one year.

I guess the point being is don't worry about how many Americans die. Got replacements coming in. LOL

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 08:37 PM

That is not stirring that is putting it in perspective with statistics.
You are stirring with comments like that Grousewit.

grin i am not!

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 08:45 PM

muddy, I suspect your views of a debt back currency and it's propensity to fail are the same. If this is the "black swan" event that triggers that failure it will be blamed on the Corona and not the underlying cause. Convenient.
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 08:55 PM

Attached picture 1461C118-FED5-4010-80E7-FAB48A4009F6.png

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 09:39 PM

That's in Chicago alone...
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Desertambition
I find it difficult to understand how some individuals believe the coronavirus outbreak is overhyped. Have you not heard that entire countries are shutting down. Did you think this is "just for fun"? The level of contamination and death would be astronomical if no one did a thing. Entire Countries are locking down their medical resources are overwhelmed. One can see, here, how grocery stores are being left with isles bare. That is the kind of situation that is trying to be averted at hospitals. A situation where so many people are sick that there is no room, supplies or manpower to treat them. This is like common sense what is with you people? Seriously, Wake Up!

Have you heard that thousands of people are getting it and NOT dying?
Yes, some common sense and preventative measures are in order, but I don't think that includes total economic destruction.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 10:29 PM

Senator Rand Paul tested positive for Coronavirus.
Posted By: bass10

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Desertambition

Have you heard that thousands of people are getting it and NOT dying?
Yes, some common sense and preventative measures are in order, but I don't think that includes total economic destruction.

Would you want it? I mean you could be one of the thousands that don’t die from it, go ahead and socialize with everyone that has it
Posted By: canebrake

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 10:58 PM

And symptom-free from what I read. This is a strange disease.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Aix sponsa

Only 98.25% chance of surviving this dreaded virus.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by canebrake

And symptom-free from what I read. This is a strange disease.

It is strange and maybe why docs and the CDC are so concerned. No symptoms for 7-10 days before you show any (if you do). How many people does one infect in 7-10 days? That's one sneaky virus for sure.

Most of us are loners and like to be outside anyhow. So lets use this opportunity to do just that. I still got beaver and coon to scrape....and my bees with be flying real soon. Just have to go to Plan B right now is all. The other junk will work its way out.
Posted By: oneoldboot

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
[/quote]

Over 700 people died in Italy in 24 hours Friday into Saturday.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/22/20 11:59 PM

Does this virus spread quicker an worsen I'm warm weather an cold kill it ? Or other way around ? Someone say that worsen in warm weather

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/23/20 12:06 AM

China!

Mad at Trump for slapping tariffs on their junk.

Yep

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/23/20 12:20 AM

[/quote]
Only 98.25% chance of surviving this dreaded virus. [/quote]

"Dr. Brian Monahan, the attending physician of Congress and the U.S. Supreme Court, said he expects 70 million to 150 million people in the U.S. will become infected with COVID-19"

1.75% of 100 million is 1.75 million that will die. Our hospitals with be overwhelmed for months so I hope you don't need a doctor anytime soon, all the dentists have already closed.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/23/20 12:29 AM

My question is what happened to our health care system -- 10 years ago would not have been a blip on the radar. I know how obamacare affected me. I think we are finally seeing some of the effects. 10 years ago I had health insurance and when I called the doc, I would get an appointment next week sometime. Today there is not much hope of me being able to afford insurance and when I call the doc, it will be 5-6 weeks before I get an appointment. My doctor (after obamacare) quit practice because of the crap. The system is broken. I'm not talking about the doctors, nurses, and paramedics who deal with this every day. I am talking about the lawyers, insurance companies, and billing practices that have gutted the otherwise functional system that we once enjoyed. Don't get me started on the pharmaceutical companies.
Posted By: canebrake

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/23/20 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Does this virus spread quicker an worsen I'm warm weather an cold kill it ? Or other way around ? Someone say that worsen in warm weather

Most viruses slow in warm weather. They are still unsure of this one but there is evidence it slows down as well. Or says a doctor on TV.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/23/20 12:58 AM

I have spoke with two different people in the medical field today and I fully believe the public is not getting all the facts in an effort to try to keep the panic in check.
Posted By: cwtrapper

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/23/20 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
I have spoke with two different people in the medical field today and I fully believe the public is not getting all the facts in an effort to try to keep the panic in check.

I certainly hope not. If what we have been seeing is panic in check, I'd hate to see it out of check.
Posted By: 70sdiver

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/23/20 01:09 AM

It’s hard to compare Italy’s number as far as collation to U.S. numbers.The population has more older residents.The last 3 flu seasons they’ve lost 20 k people a year to flu the majority being elderly.I worry a little as I have heart disease and as a grocer worker I’m defiantly in contact with many people.I figured after the herding of the masses to grocery stores we would have seen a lot more cases after 7 days.I believe if we don’t see triple or more numbers in the next 7 days this isn’t as contagious as the flu might be.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/23/20 01:29 AM

What is the percentage of boomers and older in italy.
The US has 95 million in that age range.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/23/20 01:43 AM

***whoa.. hold on, where are you getting that number from [*because I like that number personally !!]***

This is what I come up with:

CLOSED CASES

Cases which had an outcome 112,252

Recovered / Discharged 97,636 (87%)

Deaths 14,616 (13%)

Again, that's from this https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ which is best checked about 6.00pm Eastern Daylight Savings Time.....

I hope I am wrong, but I still think the U.S. is two to thee months out from when the numbers really start to go up.
I am only stating that because that's about how long it took for things to really crank up in Europe............. and I figure we are a couple of months behind them.

Again I truly hope I am wrong..... nothing would make me happier than to wake up tomorrow to discover this was all a lie.

*But with elderly parents who I am more involved with - as far as helping them out, I can't take a back seat and say this is no big deal because if I get sick and pass it on to my parents, there is no way I could ever forgive myself for that.

I'll be off line for a bit, but i'll check back soon.

Doctors appointments for my pinched nerve situation due to repetitive trauma is keeping me busy, along with helping out my folks, and seeing if I can take an early retirement from the defense plant, as I've had enough.

And please, I'm not trying to be a jerk here - but I sincerely believe this is a very serious virus that is going to be way worse than anything we have ever experienced.

I sincerely hope that everyone here who is a part of the T-Man family gets through this situation ok.

Be Safe !!
*Before you know it, it will be trapping season again, hopefully I am not in a wheel chair frown frown frown

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/23/20 01:45 AM

Your not wrong and it's not a lie but that 13% will probably go down when compared to those that were infected but was never reported. How far down we don't know.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/23/20 01:56 AM

My ex is in a management position with a large health care provider in Wichita. This morning at 10 am she told me they have 130 cases of the virus in Wichita. The state health department at 10 am this morning was reporting 64 statewide. It's going to get a lot before it gets better.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/23/20 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Yes sir

I don't doubt this at all.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/23/20 03:10 AM

Look on the bright side-it could be worse-there could be a huge asteroid hurtling towards earth.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/23/20 03:10 AM

Look on the bright side-it could be worse-there could be a huge asteroid hurtling towards earth.

Re: Corona mess over hyped - 03/23/20 03:13 AM

Nothing a big pile of money printed up by the Federal Reserve to cushion the blow can't cure.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums