Home

How many siblings?

Posted By: LDW

How many siblings? - 03/07/20 08:54 AM

Just curious how large of a family you have. I have 2 sisters, born on the same day 12 years apart. The farmer I work for was telling me about 4 families that lived on a section near him jn the 70's. One family had 12 kids, one with 10, another with 10 and one with 2. 34 kids on one section of ground, good Catholics I would say.
Posted By: Posco

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 09:11 AM

I'm the youngest of six boys in a row. Have two younger sisters.
Posted By: Alex the dog

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 09:25 AM

I’m one of 7: 3 older sisters, 1 older brother and 2 younger sisters.
Dave
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 10:39 AM

6 kids 3 r gone frown
Posted By: Len Dunham

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 10:45 AM

I am the oldest of two sisters an one brother.
Posted By: TRAPDOC57

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 11:02 AM

I have a younger sister and brother. I think 2 or 3 kids is plenty nowadays. My sister has 3 kids and she has her hands full. Nothing wrong with a big family though.
Posted By: jarentz

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 11:31 AM

5 boys and 4 girls. 19 years apart.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 11:36 AM

I only have half siblings. My father has 4 other kids with 2 different women, only one of which I've met, and my mother has a girl with another man, who I grew up with. So 5 half-siblings.
Posted By: w side rd 151

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 11:37 AM

#5 OF 10
Posted By: Pike River

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 11:50 AM

Dad couldn't stay home. Mom put him out right after I was born. Tried to come back, sister got conceived but was out before she was born. So...only me and my sister thank goodness. Even with only two kids I'm amazed at how hard my mother worked and raised us.

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Dad couldn't stay home. Mom put him out right after I was born. Tried to come back, sister got conceived but was out before she was born. So...only me and my sister thank goodness. Even with only two kids I'm amazed at how hard my mother worked and raised us.

Good for your mom. My mom also raised us 3 kids all alone with no child support. It wasn't enforced in those days. We all grew into productive citizens with no police records. Lol
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 12:07 PM

3 younger seesters.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 12:08 PM

Two younger sisters

I talked to a man that was 1 of 33.... his Grandmother also had 32. He was in his 80s. But said he only had 16 kids.

Said he couldn't keep up!
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 12:10 PM

2 brothers. I’m in the middle
Posted By: Trapper Dan2

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 12:23 PM

It's me and 2 younger sisters.My dad was the oldest boy out of 14.
9 boys and 5 girls

Dan
Posted By: TRADER TUT

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 12:26 PM

Eldest =me, sis = gone, sis =here, bro = gone . Life is Good , Tut
Posted By: nightlife

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 12:34 PM

Had 4 siblings 3 brothers and a sister 2 of my brothers are gone and don’t know about my sister, haven’t seen or heard from her since my dad died in 76 she married into money and never looked back.

When I was a kid we had the smallest family among our relatives most of who had 7 or more kids and in up to my aunt who had 13

My ma came from a family of 14, 9 brothers and 5 sisters she lost 7 brothers to WW2, my dad came from a family of 7 brothers and lost 4 in the war
Posted By: corky

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 12:44 PM

2 younger sisters
Posted By: cotton

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 12:46 PM

i am the oldest of us two sisters and a baby brother that's 12 years younger than me.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 12:47 PM

Well lets see, I have 2 younger half brothers...2 older stepbrothers...and an older stepsister. Refer to each other as brothers and sister.
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 12:53 PM

Middle child here two older brothers one younger brother and little sister is baby. Us boys still call her little sister even though she in now in her 50s..

Mac
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 01:12 PM

I have four older sisters. I was the accident, born late, ten years after my youngest sis. All are alive and well, the oldest is near ninty, and they are all around two years apart. Hope the kung flu is gental to our family!
Posted By: Browndusti

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 01:52 PM

I too have 4 older sisters. They where extremely mean to me as a kid. Now there not but childhood was interesting growing up on a dairy farm
Posted By: Getting There

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 01:55 PM

Well I am the baby of the family, I had 2 brothers and 3 sisters.
Posted By: zoozoo400

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 02:03 PM

Oldest of my mom's, 2nd youngest of all my dad's daughters. There are 6 of us, the oldest is in her 50s and the youngest is 24!

The oldest sister used to babysit us when we were kids and sometimes had her son watch us when she had errands to run
Posted By: bwtrapper

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 02:07 PM

Oldest of three. Lost my little brother 19 years ago. My sister is in Florida telling me how to take care of my mom, who is dying of lung cancer. Be nice if she ever showed up to help out.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 02:16 PM

5 total 2 older brother then sister, 2 younger sisters.
Wife has 7 interesting family, 4 boys 1.3 yrs apart, then 8 year gap, then 4 girls 1.3 years apart. Funny part is when they get together the 2 oldest get together, the 3rd and 4th all end up together in different parts of the house. My wife is the second and her brother died at 23. She just floats around. Their personalities are all the same as well. Farm family.
Posted By: QuietButDeadly

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 02:17 PM

I was the ut-oh in my family, 13 years after 2 older brothers and one sister. Only 2 of us left now, the oldest brother just turned 90 and me. Mom and Dad were both in their early 40s when I came along.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 03:04 PM

When growing up in 1961 just outside of the city. There was 3 families with a large number of children.

Across the road there were 5. Down 2 houses 8. Next house they had 10. On the backside of our house, 4.

We were only a small family of 3. So year round fun and games. Plus a large woods to play in.

Lots of Cowboy and Indian games in about 3-400 acres of woods. Even at night.
Posted By: WVCritter

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 03:05 PM

My mother gave birth to 15 healthy babies, 7 boys and 8 girls. She was 21 when she had her first and 44 when she had her last. I was the 12th born and actually have a brother that was born the same year,1953, me in January and him in December. I've lost 3 older sisters and 1 younger brother. Mother and Daddy lived to be in their late 80's and were married 67 years when my mother passed. My 2 oldest siblings are 84 and 82 and are starting to slow down a bit. I look back and think of how people thought we were poor but in reality, we were rich beyond our means. I feel so blessed to have so many brothers and sisters and realize that it was one of the greatest gifts our parents could have given us.
Posted By: iaduckhntr

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 03:09 PM

2 younger sisters
Dennis
Posted By: rendezvous

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 03:16 PM

I have an older brother and a younger brother and sister.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 03:26 PM

Took six tries for my parents to get it right. I was born the morning after my oldest brother graduated form high school. Another four between us. (Both of my parents were 46 when I was born).
Posted By: warrior

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 03:35 PM

I'm the oldest of three boys born exactly one year and three days apart in order. My dad was one of three boys his dad was one of three (2 boys 1 girl) , his dad was one of three boys and his dad one of three boys. I have three girls and each of my brothers have three (one set of 3 boys and 2 boys 1 girl). My oldest daughters have three each, well one is two and expecting.

Seems three is the magic number with boys predominating until me.

BTW the one year and three days commenced immediately upon my father's return from Vietnam.

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 04:48 PM

My mother in law taught in a country school in the fifties. She taught a family that had 21 kids. There was actually 2 houses on their farm. Mom and dad with the little kids in one house and the older kids in the other house. The parents were flown to the Vatican and met the pope personally. Most of the boys are very successful farmers.

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by WVCritter
My mother gave birth to 15 healthy babies, 7 boys and 8 girls. She was 21 when she had her first and 44 when she had her last. I was the 12th born and actually have a brother that was born the same year,1953, me in January and him in December. I've lost 3 older sisters and 1 younger brother. Mother and Daddy lived to be in their late 80's and were married 67 years when my mother passed. My 2 oldest siblings are 84 and 82 and are starting to slow down a bit. I look back and think of how people thought we were poor but in reality, we were rich beyond our means. I feel so blessed to have so many brothers and sisters and realize that it was one of the greatest gifts our parents could have given us.

I could not agree more We always had food to eat; clothes to wear and a roof over our head that did not leak. Living on a farm means we had chickens for eggs and meat , beef, pork lots of home grown vegetables In the summer time we would have ice cream or watermelon almost every Sunday afternoon As brothers and sisters we did not always get along ,but it was not in anyone"s best interest to start a fight with any of us .If you did you started a fight with all of us .We indeed did not have much money ' but that was only way we might have been considered poor .I would not trade it for a mansion on a hill and and a boat load of stuff that really was not all that important to start with .Our Mother was a city girl that went to being a hard working country Mother, that devoted her life to making sure her family had all they needed to get through life
Posted By: hippie

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 05:35 PM

3 brothers and 4 sisters.

Oldest is a sister at 67 and youngest is a sister at 47.
Posted By: the Blak Spot

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 05:45 PM

Three younger sisters
Posted By: WVCritter

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by w side rd 151

I could not agree more We always had food to eat; clothes to wear and a roof over our head that did not leak. Living on a farm means we had chickens for eggs and meat , beef, pork lots of home grown vegetables In the summer time we would have ice cream or watermelon almost every Sunday afternoon As brothers and sisters we did not always get along ,but it was not in anyone"s best interest to start a fight with any of us .If you did you started a fight with all of us .We indeed did not have much money ' but that was only way we might have been considered poor .I would not trade it for a mansion on a hill and and a boat load of stuff that really was not all that important to start with .Our Mother was a city girl that went to being a hard working country Mother, that devoted her life to making sure her family had all they needed to get through life

Absolutely!!! I learned how to milk a cow, slop the hogs and feed chickens at an early age as well as all my brothers and sisters. We all learned how to plant crops and work in a garden. My mother canned half runner beans in 1/2 gallon jars in a wash tub over a wood fire in the front yard. The same tub was used for a rinse tub on wash days and it was the only bathtub I knew until I was 9 or 10......lol We butchered our hogs on Thanksgiving day for as far back as I can remember and processed it ourselves. We were taught everything we needed to know to be successful in life and I must say we all did well for ourselves. I thank God every day for my family, for the simple life we lived and for parents that taught us to love and respect them as well as others.
Posted By: swift4me

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 06:27 PM

I have one brother and one sister. Here in the Basque country 40 years ago... 10-12 children were common. Part of the reason so many Basques went to the west of America for work because a Basque farm here could only support one son and his wife/family.

Today in France the Basques have smaller families and the Muslims still have big ones.

Pete
Posted By: Catch22

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by w side rd 151

These two post brought back a lot of memories for me today. There was 8 of us, 4 girls and 4 boys. Both my parents were born in the 30's in a holler in SE Kentucky. My Mama went from coal mining camp to coal mining camp, married young and realized she didn't want that life for her babies, that's how come we ended up here in Ohio. We always had a big garden and Mama canned all we ate. We had apple trees, grape vines, currents and we all worked together in a chaotic harmony to put up our food for the year. I remember singing songs in the backyard as all us kids broke beans lol. I have to be honest and say I start to cry when I look back because it was a special time. Mama made sure we had what we needed, cooked, cleaned and loved while working a full time factory job. She used to say her Gma Ada was her Angel on earth, she was ours. Come the 21st, she'll have been gone two years. We lost one sister, Kimmy ( boy she was amazing) almost five years ago but the rest of our band is doing ok. I love all my siblings and my Sisters are my Angels on earth, I'd be lost without them. WVCritter said that having siblings was one of the greatest gifts his folks gave him, I would agree because they are so special to me. The other, and perhaps the greatest gift, even though I'm a current heathen, is my Mama's faith that by example greatly influenced my life. Thanks to the OP for this thread, it's a good'un!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 08:01 PM

1 older sister one younger. Dad had 5 brothers and a sister that had passed at 5 years. Mom had 4 brothers and sisters.
Posted By: Paul D. Heppner

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 10:13 PM

I had a half sister and a half brother, 31 and 32 years older than myself. They have both passed. So for all intents and purposes I'm an only child. My wife is the oldest of nine. I freely admit I married the best of the litter.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 10:20 PM

An older brother and younger sister.

A little off subject....Of my four grandparents, they came from families of 18, 12, 12 and 10 children. I had a lot of Great Aunts and Uncles!
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: How many siblings? - 03/07/20 10:26 PM

I have 1 older sister.

My mom has 2 brothers and 2 sisters.

My dad has, Get ready for this one, 9 full brothers and sisters, 18 half brothers, 16 half sisters. My grandfather was a busy bee back in the day. Of those 44 kids there are 157 grandkids, 92 great grandkids, 32 great great grandkids all born before he died in 1999 at the age of 100. Of my all those full and half siblings my dad and his 1 full sister were the only ones to make it past 7th grade, let alone graduate from high school.

My dads youngest half sibling is 2 years my junior. I'm 50. Yes that means he was still producing kids at the age of 72.

Re: How many siblings? - 03/08/20 12:33 AM

My great grandfather on my Fathers side died at 89 years old At the time he had 181 direct descendants that where living
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: How many siblings? - 03/08/20 12:37 AM

Three sisters and two brothers. Big families are great.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: How many siblings? - 03/08/20 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by elkaholic
I have 1 older sister.

My dad has, Get ready for this one, 9 full brothers and sisters, 18 half brothers, 16 half sisters. My grandfather was a busy bee back in the day. Of those 44 kids there are 157 grandkids, 92 great grandkids, 32 great great grandkids all born before he died in 1999 at the age of 100. Of my all those full and half siblings my dad and his 1 full sister were the only ones to make it past 7th grade, let alone graduate from high school.

My dads youngest half sibling is 2 years my junior. I'm 50. Yes that means he was still producing kids at the age of 72.

crazy holy cow
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: How many siblings? - 03/08/20 12:51 AM

I have an older half sister from my male parents first marriage. Haven’t seen hide nor hair of her in about 20 or so years
Haven’t seen or heard from him in about the same.

Haven’t talked to the woman who gave birth to me in about three years. When my son was born with some health problems she just disappeared and didn’t call or take phone calls.

I have two brothers, one older and one younger. I talk to the older brother usually a few times a year and my younger one probably once every other year.

Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: How many siblings? - 03/08/20 01:16 AM

I am 1 of 2
I have 3 kids
my wife is 1 of 1
my mother 1 of 8 , her mother 1 of 12 her dad 1 of 4
my dad 3 of 4 his mother 1 of 3 and his dad 2 of 2

when you start having 8 and 12 in a family you get a Lot of cousins

I am very blessed that I see my brother and his family for things regularly as well as my parents . I see a lot of my cousins , uncles , aunts and 2 grandmothers a few times a year. both my grandfathers have passed on.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: How many siblings? - 03/08/20 01:37 AM

I was an only child raised by a single mom until she adopted 1 boy and 3 girls that we had been fostering for 2 years. I was 16 at the time of adoption.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: How many siblings? - 03/08/20 04:55 AM

one older sister, one younger sister and three younger brothers.

Bryce
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: How many siblings? - 03/08/20 05:09 AM

Had 4 sisters and a brother, I'm the youngest. Only 2 sisters and me left.
Posted By: Michael Morris

Re: How many siblings? - 03/08/20 12:33 PM

Youngest of 9. 4 older brothers, 4 older sisters. We are Lutheran not catholic, we all have the same biological parents grin
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: How many siblings? - 03/08/20 12:41 PM

It doesn't matter. I disowned them all.
Posted By: MrsFord

Re: How many siblings? - 03/08/20 12:46 PM

I’m # 3 of 4, my husband has 2 half siblings and 9 adopted. Lol.
We have 4.

Re: How many siblings? - 03/08/20 01:46 PM

My mom will be 80 in September. She has been in a nursing home for 5 or 6 years with altzeimers(sp). Really sad what this disease does to a person. Right now she is as healthy as a horse physically. She knows us kids, but not all of her grandkids. She is an amazing and incredibly strong woman. Her parents lived to be 94 and 97, but I don't think she will make it that long.
Posted By: patfundine

Re: How many siblings? - 03/08/20 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by elkaholic
I have 1 older sister.

That's just ridiculous. How many mothers are there????
© 2024 Trapperman Forums