Home

Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys

Posted By: Leftlane

Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 12:33 AM

The guy was catching cattle and rolled his ATV. He was 44 and kept over 200 head of momma cows so he was far from a new operator. To me, this serves as a reminder that it can happen to anyone at any time. Safety first my friends, safety first.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 12:40 AM

Sad to hear , sorry about your friend

Alot of people run atvs with no helmet ............
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 01:08 AM

Godspeed
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 01:11 AM

Prayers to his family and condolences to you.
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 01:14 AM

Sorry to hear that, Leftlane. Prayers sent for his loved ones and friends.

Charlie
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 01:23 AM

Sorry to hear! RIP!

Chris
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 01:25 AM

Sorry to hear bud, prayers sent.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 02:04 AM

Sorry for your loss, always wear a helmet.
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 02:07 AM

You have my Sympathy and Prayers. And appreciate the safety reminder.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 09:55 AM

sorry to hear , yes safety first ,
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 11:38 AM

Sorry for your loss. Wife lost her uncle, and my cousin lost her FNL both on ATV’s checking cattle. Prayers sent
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 11:45 AM

Sent with prayer for you and the family.
Posted By: marathonman

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 12:31 PM

RIP
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 01:02 PM

Lost a local man last week in a Gator accident. Don't know any details. Mike
Posted By: adam m

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 01:03 PM

Sorry for your loss. Praying for all impacted by this
Posted By: YamaCat

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 01:22 PM

Never good. Sorry for you and his family.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 01:28 PM

Sorry Man! For the loss of a friend
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/09/20 01:42 PM

Prayers sent
Posted By: AJE

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 02:45 AM

I'm planning on taking an atv safety course. Does anyone favor the online course or is it worth going to an in-person course?
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 03:08 AM

In person course especially if they give hands on experience with driving one. I took a course years ago and glad I did.
Posted By: VaBeagler

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 03:26 AM

Lost a friend of mine on an atv a couple of years ago. He was wearing a helmet but he flipped the 4 wheeler and the handle bars dug into his spleen. Went home and started feeling bad later. Wife took him to the hospital but it was too late. Helmets definitely help but other factors can come in to play.

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by VaBeagler
Lost a friend of mine on an atv a couple of years ago. He was wearing a helmet but he flipped the 4 wheeler and the handle bars dug into his spleen. Went home and started feeling bad later. Wife took him to the hospital but it was too late. Helmets definitely help but other factors can come in to play.

Good point.
I wear a kidney belt that might help protect the spleen to
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 03:46 AM

I grew up with them. The old man was the president of the local ATV club for a few years. I have seen some stuff. A friend of mine years back was on his Big Red and went up a hill that he didn't know had a lip on it. Flipped him backwards and rolled down the hill. In the end he took a handle bar up the poop chute all of the way to the inner ring on the grip. Went through his jeans like a train through toilet paper.

Couple years back there was a kid 5? 6? running as fast as that Chinese - would go. Back and forth on the private road behind my house. Clearly there was no governor on it and I went down the line and tried to talk sense into his parents. They are rednecky scumbags who will just make another welfare baby if this one gets killed. They wouldn't listen. I honestly should have called child services.
Posted By: Giant Sage

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 04:00 AM

Sorry for your loss, and prayers for your friends family.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 04:53 AM

I am very sorry for your loss. ATVs are very dangerous. I have had a few accidents in 40 years, one very serious accident which could have easily paralyzed me. Instead God kept me safe - it truly was a miracle.

Many years ago this time of year we lost a very dear friend when he went to gather cows. Tractor slipped on wet grass and rolled on him and then drove over him.

Wife has a new high performance side by side. Caution is the word for it.
Posted By: LDW

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 06:38 AM

I know of at 5 deaths in our area in the last 10 years. 2 hit farm dogs that ran out as they went by checking pivots. It threw them off , none wearing a helmet.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 06:45 AM

Sorry for your loss. Praying
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 09:12 AM

Prayers from VA...
Posted By: run

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 09:51 AM

Sorry for the loss, left lane.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 09:57 AM

Sorry for your loss LL. Tragedy by the sounds of it.
I had no idea so many were being injured or killed by UTV's and ATV's.
I know my new Honda Pioneer 1000 could reach Mach speed pretty quick so respect is job#1.

Blessings,
Mark
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 10:40 AM

Sorry for your loss. I have lost 3 people to ATV accidents. Be careful
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 11:03 AM

Happens way too often and i cringe everytime i see people allowing small kids or even young teen's ride the stupid things, every summer someone's kid gets killed on one.
Posted By: micheal

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 11:07 AM

Prayers for the family
Posted By: Blaine County

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 11:29 AM

Sorry to hear this. Prayers sent.

Catching calves with a ATV/UTV is dangerous. We do it and I never feel good about it.
Posted By: flash

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 12:18 PM

Sad to hear. prayers for all
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 12:40 PM

So ray to hear that brother. Never easy to loos a friend like that.
Posted By: Big Possum

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 12:48 PM

Have had 8 deaths from atv / ITV’s in the last couple months . One was a big side by size with 6 people that got hit by a truck.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mark K
I grew up with them. The old man was the president of the local ATV club for a few years. I have seen some stuff. A friend of mine years back was on his Big Red and went up a hill that he didn't know had a lip on it. Flipped him backwards and rolled down the hill. In the end he took a handle bar up the poop chute all of the way to the inner ring on the grip. Went through his jeans like a train through toilet paper.

Couple years back there was a kid 5? 6? running as fast as that Chinese PoS would go. Back and forth on the private road behind my house. Clearly there was no governor on it and I went down the line and tried to talk sense into his parents. They are PoS rednecky scumbags who will just make another welfare baby if this one gets killed. They wouldn't listen. I honestly should have called child services.

Because the state is a safe place for kids and you and the state know best. After all your dad was the president of the atv club.
There always has and always will be irresponsible parents. But that kid you talk about will probably get hurt maybe killed. But he may also become an incredible driver and racer..

Sorry but I'm sure there are many that would say similar about me when they see my young boys out with their guns or riding their 4 wheelers or the gator.

Life is dangerous I say there is more danger for kids sitting in the house on the PC and in the public school system than that boy on his 4 wheeler.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 01:06 PM

It's terrible...the number of deaths on these machines. We had almost 50 deaths in Wisconsin last year on ATV/UTV.

It's an inherently dangerous activity any time you mix fast, power vehicles with alcohol. I see irresponsible behavior all of the time.

But, it's terrible to lose someone just out working their cattle. So sad!
Posted By: HayDay

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 01:08 PM

4 wheeler less dangerous than the original 3 wheelers but still incredibly dangerous. Cringe when I go to the farm and see donuts in the road. Can tell my sister's kids have been there. Three of those seem to think they only have two speeds......dead stop and wide open. Accidents happen fast and no 2nd chance. Incredibly handy equipment, but have to be ridden with respect.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 01:12 PM

Sorry for your loss! Lost a friend many years ago from an ATV accident. Just be careful.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 01:29 PM

Sorry for the loss of your friend.
Posted By: Mark K

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by Mark K

Couple years back there was a kid 5? 6? running as fast as that Chinese - would go. Back and forth on the private road behind my house. Clearly there was no governor on it and I went down the line and tried to talk sense into his parents. They are - rednecky scumbags who will just make another welfare baby if this one gets killed. They wouldn't listen. I honestly should have called child services.

Because the state is a safe place for kids and you and the state know best. After all your dad was the president of the atv club.
There always has and always will be irresponsible parents. But that kid you talk about will probably get hurt maybe killed. But he may also become an incredible driver and racer..

Sorry but I'm sure there are many that would say similar about me when they see my young boys out with their guns or riding their 4 wheelers or the gator.

Life is dangerous I say there is more danger for kids sitting in the house on the PC and in the public school system than that boy on his 4 wheeler.

There is one detail that I forgot to mention, the wheeler was doing the death wobble. Also there was zero parental supervision.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 01:31 PM

Bad deal. Sorry to hear about your friend Lefty.

Tooling down a road/path is already dangerous enough on on ATV... Pasture is 1000x worse. There may be a new wallow, dip, or badger hole that wasn't there a month ago. Or that little draw/low spot you always forget about that jars your teeth out every time you hit it in the truck.

Mike
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 01:41 PM

Yup….rode them 3 wheeled things years ago…the foot peg hit a leaf covered stump….and threw me down the trail. Thankfully it didn’t throw me into a tree .. I was done ..Sorry for your loss Leftlane..that sucks
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 01:44 PM

Sorry for your loss!

Prayers
Posted By: Oh Snap

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 01:57 PM

First off, sorry for your and others losses!

A work acquaintance was out in his SXS with his wife on a trail long ways out of town and took a stick up through into the cab and his wife bled out right in front of him.

Life changer!
Posted By: hippie

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 02:13 PM

Sad to hear these things, Best wishes to everyone!
Posted By: charles

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 02:51 PM

Had a neighbor in the 70 who was a surgeon. Asked him about ATVs. He said they were no more dangerous than horses and ponies were back in our childhood. Got a point.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/30/22 04:05 PM

It's tough prayers sent.

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/31/22 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Kre
It's terrible...the number of deaths on these machines. We had almost 50 deaths in Wisconsin last year on ATV/UTV.

It's an inherently dangerous activity any time you mix fast, power vehicles with alcohol.

Yes, WDNR has expressed great concern about the number of deaths. A lot of the deaths are happening on public roads. I have a zero tolerance for alcohol on my ATV. Also, I won't let kids drive it. Another thing I notice is some people get in the UTV's and think they are invincible because of the roll cage.

I contacted DNR today inquiring about the next safety course in my county. I'm leaning toward the in-person course instead of the online version. I think 1 is offered in every county each year.
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/31/22 12:34 AM

Sorry to hear about this, years ago a neighbor lost their oldest son to a three wheeler accident, and a family friend lost a friend down by Cedar Rapids in a side by side she had her helmet on but not the seat belt and the side by side ended up on top of her, her dad had been using it to check his cows and buckled the belt so he could get on and off easy. Safety equipment can’t help if you don’t use it.
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/31/22 01:40 AM

Life is dangerous I say there is more danger for kids sitting in the house on the PC and in the public school system than that boy on his 4 wheeler. [/quote]

There is one detail that I forgot to mention, the wheeler was doing the death wobble. Also there was zero parental supervision.
[/quote]

I ment no offense just pointing out life is dangerous and learning young teaches good life long lessons. My boys 9 and 11 can and do more than kids 18 because I teach them and give then room to fail and get sometimes they get hurt. Broken bone lose a finger nail ect.. could be worse to. But it teaches responsibility, action reaction, and consequences. You can't keep then in bubble wrap as a kid and have a thinking responsible young adult.

Many people would not agree with the responsibility I allow my kids to have but they earned it. Heck when my youngest was 8 he changed a tire for my wife by himself when I was away at work. ( he used the impact,) but he could safely do so because I not only show them and explain the processes at a young age but I also have them repeat and do it them self explaining what they are doing and why as they go through the process to me several time. It takes a lot longer to get things fixed but it time we'll spent. BUT some people will happily want to call in the state when they see my young boys doing things many adults can't well like running the tractor, atv, out hunting with guns alone, ect...

In Oct 7 07 my 16 month old son was in a 5 point car seat in our full size car when a guy in a 3/4 ton ran a read light at 65mph t boned us hitting in my son's door. He was killed. Everyone would agree he should have been safe yet he was not. Life is short and and easy lost. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe giving kids as much responsibility as they show they can Handel as early as they show they want it. Sometimes is scary but it life and how they learn. But there is no place foe the state or others to get involve in how I raise my kids. So by default it's not my business to tell others how to raise theirs. Freedom is scary.

It ashamed there are so many poor parents like you described but that's the world we live in. When the best intentions are used laws tend to creep and get used against those it was not intended to effect. Take spanking your kids for example. That was geared for the guy that beat his kids but now you may risk legal action for a corrective swat.

Edit: this is the wrong thread for this discussion most likely. Sorry I get hung up on some topics. Action reaction, freedom, and unintended consensus with government.

Bottom line and point of the thread is ATV's are dangerous and compliancy can have horrible results so please be careful. I know I have been lucky. I rolled 4wheelers more than once before I learned.

Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/31/22 12:26 PM

Prayers for friends and family.
Posted By: Kre

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 03/31/22 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by AJE
Originally Posted by Kre

It's an inherently dangerous activity any time you mix fast, power vehicles with alcohol.

Yes, WDNR has expressed great concern about the number of deaths. A lot of the deaths are happening on public roads. I have a zero tolerance for alcohol on my ATV. Also, I won't let kids drive it. Another thing I notice is some people get in the UTV's and think they are invincible because of the roll cage.

I contacted DNR today inquiring about the next safety course in my county. I'm leaning toward the in-person course instead of the online version. I think 1 is offered in every county each year.

I spend a lot of time on gravel roads across N.WI while grouse hunting. I'm in no particular hurry and the F250 beats you up on these rough roads. I've seen some really scary stuff with UTV's...coming at me and passing me. I've almost been hit head on when they cut corners and I've had them pass me and hit bumps or ruts and almost lose it. The only tavern in my area is just around the corner from my house. UTV traffic in the summer is pretty intense. The parking lot is full of them. There simply isn't enough enforcement.

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 04/10/22 04:43 AM

People shouldn't be drinking & riding a UTV. Those UTV's have a roll cage & make many of their riders feel invincible. I heard some atv'ers are scared to be on the trails with UTVs.

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 05/29/22 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
In person course especially if they give hands on experience with driving one.
I talked to the Warden last weekend & learned in-person safety courses in Wi for snowmobile or atv no longer allow riding during the safety course. This is a result of the sad accident in Osceola years ago in which a student hit a loading dock & died during the training course.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 05/29/22 10:36 AM

sorry for your loss

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/16/22 04:26 AM

2 recent utv deaths on the trails I ride..
I think some think they're invincible with the roll cage.
Also, someone hit the groomer earlier this month. I don't know how someone couldn't see a tractor on the trails.
Scary stuff.
I seem to see less atv's on the trails. I'm not sure if atv'ers upgraded to utv's or if atv'ers stay home instead of trying to 'compete' with utv's.
I think trails are getting more summer usage than they were designed for.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/16/22 12:23 PM

The losses bring you back to a humble time
friend reached for his blown off cap- was his last move
Daughter works on spinal cord ward- there is a new client almost weekly so it is always close to home around here.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/16/22 12:50 PM

That would not be the way to keep in touch with family I am sorry to hear that. Incidentally the closest i ever came to falling off a roof was reaching for a ball cap that had blown off. Happens fast.
Posted By: Northof50

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/16/22 01:03 PM

she just works there and leaves most when the uniform is hung up
but most runs deep sometimes in ones mind

The impact that off trail machines reaches deep to our heath care. There are 25 deaths to" off roads" in Manitoba with a population of 1 + million a year
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/16/22 03:35 PM

Get em off the paved roads and you'll reduce deaths by 90%, plain and simple. Wisconsin has stats going back years, in the last 5 years since road routes have exploded in popularity you won't find a year when trail deaths number more than a few, while road deaths are in the teens and twenties.

Almost as if they weren't meant to be operated on paved roads.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/16/22 05:23 PM

Very sorry for the loss of your friend.
Posted By: mississippiposse

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/16/22 05:40 PM

Sorry to hear. Prayers to family
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/16/22 05:47 PM

Had a Honda Big Red about 20 years ago. A friend who is always drinking and knows everything had to take it for a ride. I said sure, ride it around slow on the level to get used to it. I no sooner turned my back and there it was, laying on top of him. He tried it on the steepest hill first. Didnt hurt the trike any and he still walks with a limp to this day LOL.- I warned him....

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/23/22 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by tlguy
Get em off the paved roads and you'll reduce deaths by 90%, plain and simple. Wisconsin has stats going back years, in the last 5 years since road routes have exploded in popularity you won't find a year when trail deaths number more than a few, while road deaths are in the teens and twenties.

Almost as if they weren't meant to be operated on paved roads.

The road routes are expanding. I think they have a lot of clout b/c they spend so much $.

Some of the machines are so big I'm not really sure what they were designed for
Posted By: Aix sponsa

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/23/22 12:51 PM

Sorry to hear that. It can happen easier than people realize. It’s one of those things that happens to someone else, well, until it happens to you. I learned the hard way in 2003 after years of driving them. I was going too fast down a pipeline. Came across dried tractor ruts and locked the brakes but it was too late. Bounced and went airborne, when the front wheels landed there was enough energy for the rest of it to keep going and it hit the ground upside down pointed in the direction I’d come from with it on top of me.

I managed to get it flipped onto its side and then finally upright after a while of trying and resting multiple times.

Broke my pelvis in 3 places and damaged a nerve in my leg. My foot felt like it was asleep for months. I had to get a walker, scooter, therapy and all that. It was a painful lesson.
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/23/22 01:57 PM

Sorry for any and all losses. But you cant live life in bubble wrapped and accidents are going to happen. Done so many things in my life that should have killed me and I survived. Wouldn't change any of them. More government regulation and control is not the answer to your points. If I want to rude a motorcycle without a helmet and run the risk I should be able able, same with driving a car without a seatbelt. I do not mean to counter the point fo this thread but it has gone sideways. Freedom of choice should be mine.
Posted By: Gator Foot

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/23/22 02:55 PM

Sorry about your buddy!! Rest In Peace!
Posted By: Kristen🦊

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/23/22 10:54 PM

I'm so sorry. frown
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/24/22 01:22 AM

That's tough one. Very sorry to hear that....I probably will start helmeting up when I ride my electric bike around.
Posted By: Don Adams

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/24/22 01:53 AM

Very sorry for your loss and send prayers up for his family. I never got over confident with the ATV when I had them. No longer ride.
Posted By: ~ADC~

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/24/22 02:56 AM

Sorry to hear about your buddy LL.

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/26/22 03:33 AM

Be careful on utv's too. The roll cages don't make people invincible.
Posted By: bandy

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/26/22 11:30 AM

[Linked Image]
Just takes a second it was raining this day was running a little fast with my head down. Next thing I know the handlebars kick around and over we go.

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/28/22 04:04 AM

That's a bad wreck Bandy frown
Posted By: bandy

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/28/22 11:47 AM

Luckily it threw me and zippie dog clear found a rock with my back but no broken bones. It doesn't take much to get hurt out on the line so everyone stay safe this year.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/28/22 07:28 PM

Don't know if this was posted or not, but in MN a 4 year old was killed while DRIVING an ATV that he lost control of. I know what you're thinking: What was a 4 year old doing driving an ATV? All I can think is: Good question!
Posted By: Bear Tracker

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 07/28/22 08:02 PM

5 years old when we started driving tractors, 10-12 for chainsaw, kids were driving at vehicles at 8.

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 08/06/22 02:43 AM

I think 16 is the minimum age for atv riders here, but I could be wrong.

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 08/24/22 02:56 AM

I rode the trails today. I noticed an interesting problem. The invasive buckthorn is so bad it's sort of like a wall along the trail almost, making it hard to see deer that might jump out in front of ya, and also making it harder to see around corners.

Re: Lost a friend to an ATV accident- be careful guys - 10/04/22 06:08 AM

UTV's have a roll cage, but I wonder if that cage really makes it as safe as some people think
© 2024 Trapperman Forums