Home

Governor idiot...Corona Virus

Posted By: adam m

Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 02:57 AM

Gov Idiot just closed all NM schools starting Monday for at least 3 weeks.

Most of Albuquerque shuts down when schools get canceled for a snow day.

I'm not happy. I'm glad I've been sticking up on essentials for awhile. No I'm not talking tp
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 03:13 AM

Canceled our high school b-ball tournament tonight. I fell so bad for all those kids that busted their tails all year long! What a load of crap. I thought maybe just maybe Kansas was immune from it, but I was wrong. I’m lost for words!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 03:18 AM

Get them kids started on spring cleaning the will want to go back to school.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 03:19 AM

It is worse than is being reported. The reported numbers are a lie, hospital workers are being quarantined in the hospital for 14 days and supervisors are being told to tell other employees they took a vacation. Death rate globally is 3.4%. Shutting down schools is smart
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 03:21 AM

Much of Ohio is closed now too, including schools where students meet face to face. There are only 5 known cases of coronavirus in Ohio, but they think 100,000 plus people are infected in Ohio, who don't know it.

Keith
Posted By: MJM

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
It is worse than is being reported. The reported numbers are a lie, hospital workers are being quarantined in the hospital for 14 days and supervisors are being told to tell other employees they took a vacation. Death rate globally is 3.4%. Shutting down schools is smart

3.4% of what? The infected that have been tested or the infected or the world population.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 03:40 AM

The sky is falling
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 03:41 AM

There is no way of knowing the global death rate. Lots of infected people go unreported or have no signs of it. The world has gone nuts!
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by MJM

3.4% of what? The infected that have been tested or the infected or the world population.

Probabilities

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by AntiGov

The sky is falling

Nope, skies not falling but it sure makes sense not to pack a bunch of kids together in schools.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 03:59 AM

Who is going to watch all those kids if they cannot be in a group setting? Most homes have both parents working to keep afloat. The effects of preventing the virus are going to be 100x+ worse than the virus itself.
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 04:12 AM

I don't think its the kids they are worried about, but grandpa and grandma that the kids will carry it to.
If its all a lie then there has been a lot more damage been done to this country than just some kids missing going to their teacher baby sitters.

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 04:16 AM

I have been thinking about why we are being intentionally scared. Closing schools, restricting people from gathering and even scaring people into getting a month or more's shopping done all at once does have a purpose. It will hopefully slow the spread of coronavirus enough to keep the few percent of Americans, who will need medical treatment from overwhelming the hospitals, urgent cares and doctor's offices. The US medical system has very little capacity to handle more cases of anything. There is no profit in having unused staff and equipment. If the small percent of the population that will be effected all needed medical assistance in a short period, medical staff would be forced to go into triage mode and pick who to save, rather than being able to give care to all who need it.

Keith
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Marty
Who is going to watch all those kids if they cannot be in a group setting? Most homes have both parents working to keep afloat. The effects of preventing the virus are going to be 100x+ worse than the virus itself.

Exactly. It’s not like most parents have leave to burn. It all costs...

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by mad_mike
Originally Posted by Marty

Exactly. It’s not like most parents have leave to burn. It all costs...

The best thing to do would be to hire the more responsible highschool and college kids to watch the younger kids, while they are off school too.

Keith
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 05:13 AM

Really?

I'm working in a hospital in Tulsa right now. The only people here are my guys and the security guards, no one is quarantined here. And yes, there are 2 confirmed cases in Tulsa already so it's not like this area is untouched.

Mike

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 05:23 AM

Keeping kids home forcing a parent to stay home is not going to help anything.
I went for groceries early shelves where nearly wiped out. It's a good thing I know how to hunt fish and tap as well as grow food.
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 06:21 AM

MSN had a story that started " You are young and unafraid.. Good for you . Now stop killing people."
just
Posted By: Badger23

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 06:21 AM

Where is this happening? How do you expect workers to not tell their family that they're being quarantined who then will tell other friends & relatives and it will be the worst kept secret ever. That's far fetched and something that happens in a communist country which they're are some on here that would like living in one I believe.
Posted By: tjm

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC
I have been thinking about why we are being intentionally scared. Keith

The obvious answer is that it reinforces the idea of the government as god and Savior. Whether that is the only reason or not may be debatable, but there is no doubting that this is forcing government dependency. Short step to police rule/ martial law.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 09:24 AM

Oh my.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by adam m
Keeping kids home forcing a parent to stay home is not going to help anything.
I went for groceries early shelves where nearly wiped out. It's a good thing I know how to hunt fish and tap as well as grow food.

Not going to quit stocking shelves last night at Walmart there was a line in the store waiting for the 7pm truck to buy disinfectant spray
Posted By: Ron Marsh

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 09:45 AM

Hard decisions. Prayer for all.
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 10:11 AM

All Michigan schools are also closed.
Posted By: elkaholic

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 11:54 AM

For most healthy, younger people this will be nothing more than a nasty bronchial cold.
For a fairly large demographic this is extremely deadly. Those above 65. The danger rises exponentially the older you go from there.
Those who are immunocompromised are at an extreme risk. Ms, Lupus, diabetics all are at higher risk than the normal person. How many people do many of us know that fit into this category? You can't throw a stick around without hitting someone who is diabetic.

Like was said above you can be contagious 2-14 days before you show any symptoms. So if you have it, and don't know it, you go to a function with 20 people. You have potentially contaminated those 20 folks. Say only 10 are exposed. Then those 10 people go out and interact with 20 people. It continues to add upon itself. Now if in those original 10 that were exposed there was 1 that was immunocompromised. They'll be hit hard.

The very sad part, and any in the medical profession will tell you this, a lot of people are very ignorant in coughing, sneezing, spitting, etc etc etc. Think of it this way guys. Go into a men's restroom and just observe the amount of people that leave without washing their hands. It will absolutely floor you.

So closing schools until this has run it's course is a good idea.
From what I'm reading and hearing China is actually starting to recover, albeit slowly, from this.

And here's the kicker, and will probably (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) a lot of people off here.
Pres. Trump, congress, and even some local governments despite the evidence presented to them totally dropped the ball on their initial response to this. POTUS' arrogance in thinking he knew more than the docs and scientists studying it is just astounding.

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Badger23

Where is this happening? How do you expect workers to not tell their family that they're being quarantined who then will tell other friends & relatives and it will be the worst kept secret ever. That's far fetched and something that happens in a communist country which they're are some on here that would like living in one I believe.

PM me and ill give you the details if you want them. It's gonna be fine but right now its worse than is being reported
Posted By: Squash

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 01:24 PM

After reading the title of this thread, I thought it was about Andy Cuomo.

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 01:31 PM

Elkaholic, drs scientists and "experts" are all playing it by ear moment to moment, because they are learning about this virus . Trump did take immediate action by ther China travel ban which may have slowed the spread in the US.

All cases in NM are presumptive positive meaning the cdc has not confirmed a true positive.

Closing schools in any state will put a huge burden on everything.
Posted By: grapestomper

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 01:36 PM

Schools closed for 3 weeks here on Monday.
They could have at least waited until the walleye river has all the ice gone.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 02:22 PM

Can you really stop the spread of this disease? So far, it doesn't appear so. If it is going to run it's course. we are just slowing progress, not saving lives. I think maybe a better solution would be for the vulnerable to isolate themselves?
Posted By: AKAjust

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 02:23 PM

Elkaholic, drs scientists and "experts" are all playing it by ear moment to moment, because they are learning about this virus . Trump did take immediate action by ther China travel ban which may have slowed the spread in the US.

All cases in NM are presumptive positive meaning the cdc has not confirmed a true positive.

Trump DID NOT take immediate action.
He poo pooed it.
Posted By: BigBlackBirds

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 02:27 PM

Yep its a huge burden and pain but pretty sure its just starting. The only way virus would actually be contained is with true national quarantine that limited all movement to primary residence which would be harder for us to pull off in US compared to China. Instead we are practicing social distancing and versions of isolation; i havent heard of any medical quarantines in this state (at least for those that aren't hospitalized) and we are doing a test or two each day from where I work. If the Chinese data is somewhat accurate and things are really slowing there, means its taken them good 8 weeks to get some control. We better hope warm weather is our friend cuz otherwise I think our version of slowing it down is going to be much more prolonged
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pawnee
Canceled our high school b-ball tournament tonight. I fell so bad for all those kids that busted their tails all year long! What a load of crap. I thought maybe just maybe Kansas was immune from it, but I was wrong. I’m lost for words!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here in MN, our high school girl's basketball tournament is on this weekend. The boys would be next weekend as far as I know.
Posted By: Mike in A-town

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
Can you really stop the spread of this disease? So far, it doesn't appear so. If it is going to run it's course. we are just slowing progress, not saving lives. I think maybe a better solution would be for the vulnerable to isolate themselves?

This^^^

No, you can't stop it. You can slow it down by ceasing all travel and mandating everyone stay in their homes, shutting down mail and shipping, closing all businesses and banks, closing hospitals and clinics, etc...

But you can't do that. People need silly stuff like water, food, electricity, medicine, etc... And they need money to get all of those things... And all those things have to be moved from one place to another.

Shutting the world down would lead to a much higher death toll than a stupid respiratory infection ever would.

Anyone who wants to blame the president for not doing enough is either plain stupid or they have an agenda... You might as well blame him for plate tectonics while you're at it.

Get a grip people.

Mike
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 09:06 PM

Cancelled both sportsmanship shows here.
Posted By: HILLTOP TRAPPER

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/13/20 09:54 PM

girls cancelled our home team WEM was supposed to play,im sure boys cancelled too,this was for trapper7
Posted By: Ole

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/14/20 01:30 AM

I think there has been a run on TP and Tin Hats.

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/14/20 01:53 AM

After the announcement last night the schools emailed me saying parent teacher conferences will be held via phone. Saved me a trip to the school
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Governor idiot...Corona Virus - 03/14/20 02:15 AM

Social distancing is a good remedy for our country with only about 300K of hospital beds open at this time. We are not capable of getting the intense care that hundreds of thousands may need if they become severely ill with Covid 19 or the other flus that are still circulating through the country. Social distancing may cause the outbreak or infectious period to last longer but maybe eliminate many cases and or easier spreading, especially since we are so far behind in getting test kits out to find out who is infected.

Bryce
© 2024 Trapperman Forums