Home

Christ In Qurantine

Posted By: Chamacat

Christ In Qurantine - 03/13/20 03:47 PM

Yep...I have never seen this in my time...Places of worship in the U.S. of A are closing their doors..to the belief of open prayer...Not to mention the rest of the planet..Just started reading about it today...Does this mean that Satan is ringing "Hells Bell?"

What are your thoughts on people of government's and people of the church shutting you down?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Christ In Qurantine - 03/13/20 03:54 PM

If a church decides to quit holding services for awhile its only the business of that church. If the government closes the doors its time to say no. I would go to church if that happens just to protect my right to not go as my freedom of choice.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Christ In Qurantine - 03/13/20 03:56 PM

WI has suggested all gatherings of people over 100 be cancelled. Pretty sure a lot of church congregations are over 100.
Posted By: Chamacat

Re: Christ In Qurantine - 03/13/20 04:01 PM

https://www.krqe.com/health/coronav...-following-new-mexico-coronavirus-cases/

Yep..Here is some of it in New Mexico already...
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Christ In Qurantine - 03/13/20 04:02 PM

I've wandered about that. Several governors have declared no gatherings over X number of people. First off, do they even have any actual legal authority to do that, and how does that jive with first amendment protections regarding the right to assemble and the right to practice religion?
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Christ In Qurantine - 03/13/20 04:12 PM

"Where two or three are gathered together" is good enough for me.

In the early days persecution scattered the church and thus the gospel all over the world.

Getting quail roosting with their tails together is a lot easier than when scattered out.

Old Satin loves to go to and fro including the church aisle.

Its not gravity that hurts but the sudden stop when one jumps off a mountain.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Christ In Qurantine - 03/13/20 04:15 PM

Our church is still having services. I plan on going.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Christ In Qurantine - 03/13/20 04:23 PM

I'm president of our church council. We will be continuing services with appropriate precautions. During a time of plague and pestilence, cancelling worship is the last thing we should do.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Christ In Qurantine - 03/13/20 04:43 PM

Our small congregation is holding services with some restrictions regarding sharing the peace etc. On the other hand Jesus never had a church or congregation for his 3 years of ministry, so we should be able to follow his example for a designated period of time. It is disappointing at times to see how much our established religious set patterns interfere with the Christian message but we are human and thus we choose ways to classify each other so we can demean others or become more self-righteous ourselves.

Bryce
© 2024 Trapperman Forums