Home

Toilet paper storage

Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Toilet paper storage - 03/14/20 08:19 PM

What is the best method for storing 5 years worth of toilet paper? Asking for a friend grin!

Chris
Posted By: BigBob

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/14/20 08:42 PM

Some place dry, easy to access, but hard to find. Ya know, next to all those .22RF''s
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/14/20 08:57 PM

Well your friend may be breaking all kind of county, state, and Fed law. Your only allowed a 3 day supply. My best advice is dump it on the black market !
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/14/20 09:36 PM

My brother bought a house in 1999 that had belonged to an old gal that was a horder. She had big boxes of toilet paper from the mid 60's that still had the store receipts with them. He gave me some rolls and the thing that amazed me was how much more paper each roll had compared to modern day paper. But it was still just as functional as it ever had been.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/14/20 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
My brother bought a house in 1999 that had belonged to an old gal that was a horder. She had big boxes of toilet paper from the mid 60's that still had the store receipts with them. He gave me some rolls and the thing that amazed me was how much more paper each roll had compared to modern day paper. But it was still just as functional as it ever had been.

Got any left?
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/14/20 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Hodagtrapper
What is the best method for storing 5 years worth of toilet paper? Asking for a friend grin!

Chris

I'll watch it for you. Send it to me. wink
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/14/20 11:08 PM

3 day supply? What do you get like one roll???
Posted By: BruceDafter

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/14/20 11:13 PM

Relief is on the way. Saw this on the local news.

CHEBOYGAN COUNTY, Mich., (WPBN/WGTU) -- If you've gone to the store in the last few days you've probably noticed big crowds and empty shelves.

Soap, hand sanitizer and toilet paper highest in demand but lowest in supply.

We wondered how some of the producers of these products are faring as the demand increases amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Hard work is a staple at the Great Lakes Tissue Company in Cheboygan.

That hard work kicking up a notch amid the toilet paper shortage.

"We feel more urgency to put out product," Production Coordinator Tony Clairmont said.

The company received 16 to 18 new orders Friday, that's an increase from the handful of orders the company says it usually gets in a day.

"A lot of orders came in in the last couple days,” General Manager Bill McCarney said. “Lots of phone calls, lots of people looking to see if they can come here directly. We're the only tissue manufacturer in Michigan."

For now, the company is working with the crew it has.

Reinforcements though are on the way.

An expansion will bring in new machinery that'll increase production.

The company is also already hiring 20 to 30 new employees.

"That'll help some of it increase the production a little bit,” McCarney said. “And we figure mid-May the new equipment will be here and that will create a significant increase."

"We have a lot of good people on the floor who work here,” Clairmont said. “They are really starting to take this job more seriously since the coronavirus popped up."
Posted By: run

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/14/20 11:18 PM

Thanks, Brucedafter.
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/14/20 11:25 PM

Was at an estate auction about 15 yrs ago. The runners were hauling out toilet paper rolls by the wheelbarrow selling it. Everything metal in his garage was previously broken and weld repaired. Turns out the guy was very well to do but couldn't resist stealing a roll or 2 from the local mall every time he was there. Relatives told me he made his wife darn the holes in his socks - stuff like that.....I thought, what a loser
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/14/20 11:28 PM

That's good news Bruce I'm a little ways from Cheyboygan and i'm sure they'll do their best to Wipe out this Deficit However as hey have contracts with major suppliers how much is going to roll our way will be the Question

Question for you Bruce Dafter hows the Cozy Corner Restaurant doin??
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/14/20 11:51 PM

I usually leave spare bricks of .22LR shells and 36 packs of double ply laying around in random areas to make my married buddies jealous when they come over. I'm guessing they secretly hate me because I also decorate with bobcat rugs, enormous antlers, and pictures of me spurring old NFR bulls!

An old cowboy once told me you don't have to brag if you have a gold buckle that says champion (same concept)
Posted By: Posco

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 12:57 AM

Is there any other creature in God's creation that has to wipe itself? I've been wondering this for quite some time.
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 12:59 AM

You could always do like my dogs and cat do and lick yourself clean!

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 01:05 AM

I made an emergency run for some Ben & Jerry's and sure enough, even Houlton, Maine is out of toilet paper. There was some Brawny paper towels for the self-reliant, off-the-grid types.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Posco
Is there any other creature in God's creation that has to wipe itself? I've been wondering this for quite some time.

What your dog doesn't drag his butt on your carpet or saddle blanket?
I think I need a new dog LOL

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

What your dog doesn't drag his butt on your carpet or saddle blanket?
I think I need a new dog LOL

I have a "No kiss" policy with my pooch.
Posted By: TRADER TUT

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 01:16 AM

?, what would be cheaper , finding t.p. or buying dog food for the mutt you just got at the Pound...... think outside the Box ...... might even make a trapline dog!!!!!
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 01:31 AM

Mouse proofing is most the most important thing for long term storage
Posted By: BruceDafter

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
That's good news Bruce I'm a little ways from Cheyboygan and i'm sure they'll do their best to Wipe out this Deficit However as hey have contracts with major suppliers how much is going to roll our way will be the Question

Question for you Bruce Dafter hows the Cozy Corner Restaurant doin??

I think the Cozy is doing OK. Even though I only live about 10 miles from there, it's not a place I get to. We don't go out to eat much at all. A couple years ago I was there every week.... delivering the beer. I used to drive for the local distributor and they were a stop on my Friday route.
Posted By: Zim

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 04:34 AM

Anybody know whatever happened to Mr. Whipple?

Zim
Posted By: Canvasback2

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 05:27 AM

Found a source for 5 PLY Toilet Paper..

Toilet Paper Bulk Bathroom 5 Ply White Tissue

Made in China
Posted By: Cragar

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Zim
Anybody know whatever happened to Mr. Whipple?

Zim

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Wilson
Posted By: Squash

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 12:43 PM

Instead of risking a fist fight in my local Walmart, there’s a field with standing corn near my home, going to collect some corncobs. laugh
Posted By: matt buche

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 04:19 PM

Why in the world would anyone hoard TP in this situation. We all still have electricity, just take your daily shower after your daily poop. Problem solved. Carry on....

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by matt buche
Why in the world would anyone hoard TP in this situation. We all still have electricity, just take your daily shower after your daily poop. Problem solved. Carry on....

Proves how stupid people are.
Posted By: NE Wildlife

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 06:20 PM

Yuck
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 06:44 PM

Is there a tutorial video on this? grin

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by NE Wildlife

Yuck

You don't take daily showers?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 07:23 PM

After you shower the crap off your arse dont forget to pick the rosebuds out from between your toes.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/15/20 07:26 PM

reminds me of the bear that asked the rabbit if he had trouble with poop stickin to his fur??

rabbit--nope

bear--good and wipes with him. crazy
Posted By: jtg

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/16/20 02:38 PM

Pump sprayer with bleach and warm water and washable towels can be used if TP runs out.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/16/20 02:48 PM

Smart people would be hoarding food, without food, ya probably wont need no TP.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/16/20 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
Smart people would be hoarding food, without food, ya probably wont need no TP.

Smart people had food and TP before the hoarding began.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/16/20 03:23 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Squash

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/16/20 03:24 PM

I don’t understand the run on toilet paper ? Do people think that our TP comes from China ? The paper and forest industries still exists in the USA.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Toilet paper storage - 03/16/20 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Squash
I don’t understand the run on toilet paper ? Do people think that our TP comes from China ? The paper and forest industries still exists in the USA.

We make it 24/7 all year long. Warehouse is cleaned out. Going from from line to truck to stores
© 2024 Trapperman Forums