Home

March NAFA Sale Cancelled

Posted By: gibb

March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/16/20 08:03 PM

16 March 2020

March Auction Cancelled due to Covid-19 and Government of Canada Policy

The Government of Canada, today, announced significant border and travel restrictions that are effective as of Wednesday, March 18th. Fur Harvesters has, therefore, informed NAFA that it is cancelling its upcoming auction in Toronto. NAFA supports this action and has also cancelled its portion of next week’s auction. No new sale date is scheduled at this time.

It is NAFA’s understanding that Fur Harvesters will announce its future auction plans at a later date.

The NAFA catalogue will be made available online at a later date, for Private Treaty sales.

Also following Government of Canada recommendations of social distancing and working from home wherever possible, NAFA will be closing the Toronto building effective immediately, at least until March 30th. Our management and administrative staff will be monitoring their emails, voicemail and taking phone calls via their cellular phones during this time in order to maintain basic services.

We wish you all safe haven during this global health pandemic.

Best regards,

NAFA Communications
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/16/20 08:29 PM

Not surprising. It is very bad news for folks with fur on that sale that were counting on the fur check to pay bills. Hope everything clears up so the May/June auction can proceed as normal.
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/16/20 08:35 PM

I thought nafa was bankrupt?

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/16/20 08:43 PM

No. NAFA is having financial problems and is under court ordered restructuring. They still have thousands of pelts in storage that need to be sold.
Posted By: Loup loup

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/16/20 08:50 PM

Thanks Gibb.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/16/20 08:52 PM

yep,thanks
Posted By: Castormound

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/16/20 09:30 PM

I can't afford any more toilet paper now.
Posted By: Squash

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/16/20 09:39 PM

When do us trappers receive our government bail out ?
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/16/20 09:40 PM

FHA auction postponed also. Canada closed boarders.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/16/20 09:43 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/16/20 09:45 PM

Dang, I was counting on that check to pay for my fertilizer and seed this year. frown
Posted By: bad karma

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/16/20 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Dang, I was counting on that check to pay for my fertilizer and seed this year. frown

What was the very first thing I told you......

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by bad karma
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

What was the very first thing I told you......

Never listen to James or Boco?

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 12:50 AM

lol
Posted By: walleye101

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 02:56 PM

So now what happens with their pickup routes scheduled for early April? Will anyone ship more fur not having results from a March sale?
Posted By: Boco

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 03:09 PM

Cancelled probably like everything else.Everyone will be under the virus gun until the fall at least.
This is likely just the tip of the iceberg,there will be more deadly viruses etc evolving. With the overall warming of the earths climate evolution will follow along to fill new niches opening up.
During the last global warming event in the middle ages the great plague took off due to warmer and wetter climate.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 03:24 PM

Evidently "you don't get it" "moron". Viruses have a hard time in hot humid conditions, according to science.

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 03:29 PM

I think you are a moron-I never mentioned viruses only-the plague was bacterial.And there are plenty of equatorial viruses.(ever hear of ebola?)
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 03:32 PM

Is it popcorn time??
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 03:35 PM

The bubonic plague is thought to have had a human cause. Pope Gregory IX encouraged Europeans to kill their cats since he thought they were agents of the devil. Rat populations took off and the fleas carrying the plague did their dirty work.

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
I think you are a moron-I never mentioned viruses only-the plague was bacterial.And there are plenty of equatorial viruses.(ever hear of ebola?)

Sorry, I left out I think you are "brain dead".
Posted By: walleye101

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 04:12 PM

And I was just looking for information on fur pickup schedules.......

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 04:31 PM

I’m sure fha will make announcements about pick up schedules, etc. just give them time to figure things out. This isn’t easy for any one, including the auction companies.

I would imagine they will still have April pickups. There are Trappers that wait until the end of the season to sell. Some of them will ship even though there wasn’t a March sale. Especially if the local buyers have stopped buying,

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 05:17 PM

It really is a shame that just about every serious thread on Tman turns into a peeing match. And often times it is the same people doing the peeing.

A person that comes on Tman asking a simple question deserves an answer or at least factual information. They don’t deserve a lot of BS. It would be nice if threads could stay on topic.
Posted By: hippie

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 05:19 PM

Yep

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 05:32 PM

Isnt your post "off topic"

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 05:42 PM

I'm just giving BOCO back some of his own. No body wants to be called a "moron", "braindead" or told "you just don't git it." I realize people may have other opinions than mine, but I try not to insult them in the the debate. He may think it's cute, but IMHO I don't.

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 08:23 PM

No you are being untruthful,whereas I only state fact.

Re: March NAFA Sale Cancelled - 03/17/20 08:27 PM

And there you have it. sick
© 2024 Trapperman Forums