Home

Picked her up today

Posted By: Scuba1

Picked her up today - 03/19/20 12:38 AM

Well I drove past Greenville to pick up a little stainless welding job for working on at home and the little Browning A bolt. As if the rifle wasn't enough, he trow in a 6,5x20x50 leupold and a couple of hundred rounds of factory ammo ...... Unfortunately the big end plated stuff. But I am not complaining. So along the way I picked up some bases and rings and put her together here on the island. As far as plastic and stainless goes, she is a petit little thing. Nice trigger as well

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jim H

Re: Picked her up today - 03/19/20 12:40 AM

Think I heard Rod Stewart... Some Guys Have All the Luck as I was reading this ...

Re: Picked her up today - 03/19/20 12:42 AM

grin
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Picked her up today - 03/19/20 01:06 AM

trade you a few rolls of PREMIUM toilet paper and a bag of rice for it...
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Picked her up today - 03/19/20 01:09 AM

Sounds like a little elbow grease and you will have a sexy little partner that anyone would dance with!

Re: Picked her up today - 03/19/20 01:17 AM

Leflane ...... Sounds like the crows on my place are going to have hard times ahead. This little puppy is going to spend a lot of time on the front gun rack of the 4 wheeler for those " I betcha did not see that coming ) moments. I have a good thing going with the neighbor ... get my eggs for free and some crappie fillets now and then . I am not about to let a fox, coyote or any other varmint within range spoil that deal. I am home most days and the neighbor is working 5 days a week and does a lot of fishing so has little time to do something about the chicken thieves. I on the other hand can and this little rifle I won't even notice slung over my shoulder the I walk the dog or do other things around the place. Feather light, not much bigger than my 10/22 but a potent little thing I think.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Picked her up today - 03/19/20 03:18 AM

Nice rig!
Posted By: Zim

Re: Picked her up today - 03/19/20 03:25 AM

I like it when the scope is half the size of the rifle!
If'n your neighbor has free range chickens take it a
little easy on the crows. I used to persecute them
without remorse until we got hens and realized what
a job they do running off hawks. I suppose over the
years we have lost more chickens to hawks than anything.
Now that piece would come in handy for...… LOL

Zim
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Picked her up today - 03/19/20 04:14 PM

Scuba,
My neighbors and I call that neighboring. They call me when they are having problems with the cattle or a horse that wont load and I get access to some prime huntingsnd fishing!
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Picked her up today - 03/19/20 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Possum Man
trade you a few rolls of PREMIUM toilet paper and a bag of rice for it...

Seems like a fair trade under the circumstances to me!
laugh

Re: Picked her up today - 03/19/20 10:14 PM

I saw an armored truck outside Publix today and thought they are either picking up money or delivering TP
Posted By: TRADER TUT

Re: Picked her up today - 03/20/20 02:47 AM

What's T.P. ? As soon as the snow left the ground , I have been foraging & drying last years Basswood leaves. Many gal. zip locks to date...... not for sale or trade ............Tut

Re: Picked her up today - 03/26/20 12:40 PM

I sighted the little rifle in yesterday and it is a tack driver with the ammo I got with it.( Winchester silver tips ) If I can replicate those loads, I'll be a happy camper. it shoots ragged holes at 100 and around an inch at 250. Its not a range toy though at that thin barrel heats up pretty quick. But it will do great on the front gun rack of the 4 wheeler on a day to day basis to get rid of unwanted critters around the homestead for sure. The little thing is loud though. Just have to find some brass for it now so that I have more than the 100 rounds that came with it.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Picked her up today - 03/26/20 03:24 PM

Nice, factory loads came a long ways the last ten years or so.
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Picked her up today - 03/26/20 04:26 PM

What Caliber is that gun you got?
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Picked her up today - 03/26/20 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by gutthooked
What Caliber is that gun you got?

223wssm Win super short mag
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Picked her up today - 03/26/20 04:57 PM

Cool, I'd buy a bunch of brass and components for that rig. Might be a tough Caliber to find at the store.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums