Home

Mid-life crisis

Posted By: Jurassic Park

Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:26 AM

Any of you guys believe in Mid-life crisis? And if so, how old were you when it hit you?

I don’t really believe in it, but I’m 32 years old and just feel pretty blah lately. Maybe it’s from winter? I’m not one to make excuses though.

If you feel like you went through it, what did you do?
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:29 AM

When me and first wife split up.... I went fishing... does that count??
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:29 AM

Made crepes, ate pea soup, and watched The Bachelor.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by J Staton

That's it, you now have PMS!!! laugh

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:32 AM

laugh laugh LOL laugh laugh

Well sonofagun!
Posted By: run

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:34 AM

I would go tool shopping if you have money to spend, but maybe that's not your thing.

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by run
I would go tool shopping if you have money to spend, but maybe that's not your thing.

Hey! What are you trying to say!? Lol
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:39 AM

32 better not be your mid life

I'm 55 and oh to go back to 32....

Pray , count your blessings. ....wake up early tomorrow to watch the sun rise!

Blue days come ...Talk to God!
Posted By: run

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:41 AM

Just messing with you, Jurassic Park. Don't take me seriously.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:41 AM

Maybe he’s a early bloomer.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:42 AM

Guess I was too busy and missed that one. Now with an empty nest I look back and it seems like it went by so fast.

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
32 better not be your mid life

I'm 55 and oh to go back to 32....

Pray , count your blessings. ....wake up early tomorrow to watch the sun rise!

Blue days come ...Talk to God!

I hope it’s not midlife either!

Originally Posted by run
Just messing with you, Jurassic Park. Don't take me seriously.

Lol ya it’s all good! I got a house full of manly stuff so I’m not too worried lol
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:57 AM

At 27 I was in a severe auto wreck. My wife and I were in ICU two weeks, I was on a Walker 5 months and my 16 month son was killed. All because a 19 year old ran a red light in a 3/4ton at 65mph.

My credit went in the toilet, my wifes health and mental state was difficult to deal with to say the least. Everything was tied up in court 2.5 years. The kid was under insured my extra coverage wouldn't cover the remainder. It looked like we would loose almost everything and have to go bankrupt.

After 4 years of being a rock for my wife not able to show any emotion without her becoming worse I broke. I started drinking at bars, cheating on my wife, just about anything I knew was bad for me I didn't care.

Fortunately I got my head out of my hind end and have an amazing wife I in no way deserve. My marriage is stronger than ever.

The wreck was in 2007. Since then we have bought a small farm cash with run down house our newest car it a 2001 with 360k miles. I have 3 healthy kids a job people would kill for. Some day maybe the farm will be able to support us? Maybe not.

How is that for mid life crisis? So buy a farm kiss your wife and hug your kids and give thanks to God for all your blessing large and small most you over look.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Flipper 56

That's it, you now have PMS!!! laugh

It very well could be PMS, or;

Buyers remorse from your haircut,
Nutritional balance is off from eating sissy pancakes,
Starting "selfie sunday".
The list goes on and on, have you discussed with your Husband how you feel?
grin
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 03:11 AM

I just turned 67 and am still waiting for it to happen.Then all heck will break loose! I will be wild in the streets!

Moosetrot
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 03:26 AM

Life is too short for a midlife crisis.......get to work !!!!
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 03:26 AM

It's prolly from always dissing old guys on here. We all got tired of hearing it and had an old witch cast a. spell on you. It'll wear off when you hit 60!
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm
At 27 I was in a severe auto wreck. My wife and I were in ICU two weeks, I was on a Walker 5 months and my 16 month son was killed. All because a 19 year old ran a red light in a 3/4ton at 65mph.

My credit went in the toilet, my wifes health and mental state was difficult to deal with to say the least. Everything was tied up in court 2.5 years. The kid was under insured my extra coverage wouldn't cover the remainder. It looked like we would loose almost everything and have to go bankrupt.

After 4 years of being a rock for my wife not able to show any emotion without her becoming worse I broke. I started drinking at bars, cheating on my wife, just about anything I knew was bad for me I didn't care.

Fortunately I got my head out of my hind end and have an amazing wife I in no way deserve. My marriage is stronger than ever.

The wreck was in 2007. Since then we have bought a small farm cash with run down house our newest car it a 2001 with 360k miles. I have 3 healthy kids a job people would kill for. Some day maybe the farm will be able to support us? Maybe not.

How is that for mid life crisis? So buy a farm kiss your wife and hug your kids and give thanks to God for all your blessing large and small most you over look.

Sorry about the loss of your son ........cant even imagine, gotta be rough
Posted By: Boco

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 03:27 AM

You have to get all that crazy stuff out of your system when your young.If you dont you might have the urge to do it all later in life.
Very inspirational post,Providence.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Amen!!!

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 03:50 AM

Dang Providence! That’s tough!
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
It's prolly from always dissing old guys on here. We all got tired of hearing it and had an old witch cast a. spell on you. It'll wear off when you hit 60!

You guys did that too?

My second best customer is big into voodoo. I am basically his voodoo pharmacist for what his witch doctor prescribes. He buys roosters, hens, baby chicks, pigeons, guineas, quail, doves and the occasional goat.

It takes a very specific voodoo prescription to make a trapper run into an angry beaver, in murky, Canadian water.

Keith wink
Posted By: waggler

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 04:48 AM

I'm 62 and apparently haven't hit "mid-life" yet; I haven't experienced the "crisis".
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 08:01 AM

i'm BATMAN

get away from the media hype and go beaver trappin.if i had to sit and hear the state of the world right now i'd have a nervous breakdown.
Posted By: FL cracker in AK

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 11:18 AM

Grow a mullet. Post a picture on here. Redneck challenge.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 11:19 AM

I skipped the mid life crisis, I am now enjoying an "over the hill crisis".
Posted By: Fishdog One

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 11:33 AM

I will answer this in all seriousness, a lot of guys in their 40's get sick of the life they have at that point for a variety of reasons. Many change partners, jobs, buy things that they would not have thought they needed to buy. I took a job requiring me to be gone more, working harder, lot more stress in my life. Can't go back and do things over, but if that was my mid life crisis it certainly fits the time frame. The 2002 market crash, again in 2008, and getting to retirement in 2017 kind of aligned my life around family not dollars and this present crisis will not matter.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 11:40 AM

Cant really say Recession in 81, been a stock market crash every 10 years or so since, deadly flu viruses every other year watching friends and family with alzheimers, cancer, parkinsons, fur market tanked for the umpteenth time cant buy a roll of scat paper and now I can go on the internet and find out its not only worse than I thought its gonna get worse then ever this time for sure i'm guessing life is a crisis

those are the high points don't even want to get on the fallin over on bare ground bald head-

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 12:13 PM

[Linked Image]
it is easily recognizable by the dual skunk holders on the front and the bright yellow 12ft kayak stickin out the back. wink
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer

You guys did that too?

My second best customer is big into voodoo. I am basically his voodoo pharmacist for what his witch doctor prescribes. He buys roosters, hens, baby chicks, pigeons, guineas, quail, doves and the occasional goat.

It takes a very specific voodoo prescription to make a trapper run into an angry beaver, in murky, Canadian water.

Keith wink

grin grin grin
Posted By: 653

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 12:24 PM

if midlife crisis is having all your traps dirty and out of bait then yea I got it bad.. pray for me boys!
Posted By: corky

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
I skipped the mid life crisis, I am now enjoying an "over the hill crisis".

You ain't the Lone Ranger.

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:08 PM

Act 12 like I do an you will never reach mid-life!

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Dang Providence! That’s tough!

I agree, glad things are better for you now.

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Flipper 56
Act 12 like I do an you will never reach mid-life!

so i'm not alone.
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Mid-life crisis - 03/19/20 05:47 PM

I have been accused of having one but since I am 73 I told them that it was more like an end life crisis.

If only it was a mid life crisis!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums