Home

old man urinating beside my traps

Posted By: Bucknuts

old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 01:45 PM

Ok here we go! I have recently met a new best friend. He's in his late 70's and lives about a mile down the rd.gg He heard that I was a trapper and was having trouble with a few beaver on his pond and coyote/fox killing his ducks and chickens. So as we would do I told him I would help ouy my neighbor free of charge. Only problem is he wants to follow along bc he wants to learn and his lonely. Which I don't mind a bit but everytime i turn my head he's peeing right beside my sets. I have tried to tell talk to him i preach being scent free while making sets he watchs me and as soon as I am about to stand up he pisses. I don't want to be ugly but dang I'm doing it for free. Any ideas
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:01 PM

tell him to stop
Posted By: Pike River

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:03 PM

Curiosity scent.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:04 PM

pee on his leg a couple times...
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:05 PM

It’s never had an effect on my catches. Urine is urine. Doesn’t effect prey or predators...just my opinion.
Posted By: bandy

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:14 PM

I've peed in a dirt hole set and caught coyotes but if its upsetting you then the overall sent being left at the set is negative and will most likely not produce predators. Just my opinion
Posted By: Castormound

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:14 PM

I don't believe it's that big of a deal.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:18 PM

Human pee doesn't bother red fox around here. When I'm running low on fox urine I've peed on sets and haven't noticed a difference in my catch rate.
Posted By: bctomcat

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:20 PM

I know of an old sheep farmer who pees on his fence post, sets a trap and catches coyotes.
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:21 PM

Pee is ok, poop not ok
Posted By: dublelung

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:25 PM

If it bothers you pull your traps and tell him to pi$$ away.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:28 PM

Why is he peeing so much?
Posted By: chas3457

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:34 PM

J.P. Old guys Pee a lot. You will find out when you grow up.

Charlie
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:37 PM

I have to pee now.
Posted By: waggler

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:37 PM

I knew an old trapper who ALWAYS had a cigar in his mouth, sometimes lit, but usually just chewing on it. His catches seemed to be just fine.
Posted By: gage97

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:38 PM

As mentioned above, urine is urine. I too have peed on a grass clump on the corner of a property and had coyotes mark the clump also.
Have peed in deer scrapes also when bowhunting near the scrape. Bucks work the scrape.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Why is he peeing so much?

That's what the guys say about me when we are driving to Canada on our fishing trips!
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by white marlin

Thats what i was thinking
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:43 PM

Caught several coyotes on my pee post. Prolly should charge for this info. It’s a great change up for those not interested in regular sets. Not a regular thing i do but the few times I did it was a big old dog in the trap.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:47 PM

I dont intentionally pee close to my sets but if I have to pee I whip it out and water the lizard.....causes no problems.

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
It’s never had an effect on my catches. Urine is urine. Doesn’t effect prey or predators...just my opinion.

Not just your opinion but fact. The CIA did a research project a number of years ago and determined that whiz is whiz.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:52 PM

Well If your beaver tapping and your sets are In the water what's the difference if he pees or not.

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by upstateNY
I have to pee now.

grin
Posted By: run

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Well If your beaver tapping and your sets are In the water what's the difference if he pees or not.

X2 it doesn't matter.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 02:56 PM

report this on JPs midlife crisis post
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 03:02 PM

Roughly 30 yrs ago I was in a treestand and the urge hit me. It was either go home or go out in the field and do my business. I choose to go out into the field. I dug a hole with the heal of my boot and did my business. I covered it up and went and got back in my stand. About a half hr later here comes two bucks. They walked to the base of my tree and tracked me to my poo. The bigger buck pawed at it will I could see the paper. The smaller buck went to sniff it and the bigger buck horned him in the flank and he bugged out.

So after that I never worried out it. Heck I have pee out of my stand and had deer walk right by it and just smell it.
Posted By: Boco

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 03:13 PM

Lonely old man,always whipping it out around you-maybe he is looking to take the relationship to another level?

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 03:18 PM

Gross Boco
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 03:21 PM

He did say every time he turned around he was peeing...may be something to Boco’s statement.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by chas3457
J.P. Old guys Pee a lot. You will find out when you grow up.

Charlie

Lol, I think this guy was leaking a bit excessive though.

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 03:26 PM

Just tell him to take 10 steps and find a bush
Posted By: drasselt

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River
Originally Posted by Wanna Be

Not just your opinion but fact. The CIA did a research project a number of years ago and determined that whiz is whiz.

The CIA? I wonder what for?

Anyway not all pee is the same any elk hunter can attest to that. Eat asparagus it's not just normal pee any more. Heck coffee, vitamin C, lots of things change pee.
Brown coyote urine scares critters away here.

I'm not saying peeing near a set is good or bad but I am saying Pee is not all the same.
Posted By: Castormound

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 03:36 PM

I tend to pee at certain gates more than others. Tracks in the snow tell me the coyotes don't spook from it.
Posted By: TRADER TUT

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 03:59 PM

Old timers here in the area used to dump slop pail on same stump, made for a good salt lick. So I have been told. ???????

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 04:38 PM

I sure am glad that I asked this ? bc I never would have thought that pee was just pee. I'll just let him keep on peein and never say a word to him. For as to why he pee so much I'm not sure. I'm diabetic and don't pee as much as he does when my sugar is high. Thanks for all of your responses.
Posted By: scheide

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 04:46 PM

I took a buddy along one time while setting coyote traps. He stood there and p**sed by my set, and I cussed him good. Next morning there stood a coyote in that trap. Go figure.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 04:48 PM

I had a beaver carcass set up for bobcats right off a small timber road and some goofball apparently pulled over and took a dump within 10 feet of my set, complete with scads of used toilet paper. Guess what? Caught a bobcat that very night! Could be the toilet paper was a visual attractor.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 04:52 PM

Another quick story, my uncle who was an aging alcoholic with kidney trouble asked to come along on my boat line. Just about every second or third stop (to pull a beaver into the boat) he would stand up to pee. I'm sure he intended to be peeing over the side of the boat, but most of it went into the boat and settled around my pile of beavers. Yuck!
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 05:52 PM

Some coyotes spook real easy some dont. Some are easy to catch some are not. That's what I've learned so far.
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 06:46 PM

Gets my vote for best post title I've read in a very long time! grin
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 06:49 PM

Depends
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 10:07 PM

Maybe he's challenging you to a sword fight?

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/19/20 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by drasselt
Originally Posted by Pike River

The CIA? I wonder what for?

Anyway not all pee is the same any elk hunter can attest to that. Eat asparagus it's not just normal pee any more. Heck coffee, vitamin C, lots of things change pee.
Brown coyote urine scares critters away here.

I'm not saying peeing near a set is good or bad but I am saying Pee is not all the same.

Hope you find it this article interesting all be it a bit "dry"
CIA Pee Study
Posted By: cotton

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 12:42 AM

this post just pees me off
Posted By: MinkGuy

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 12:50 AM

I had a friend with me riding along and as we went around a curve on a farm field we could see I had a nice coyote on my side of the road. We stopped and got out. As I looked to say something to him he was literally taking a leak on the set I had on the passenger side of the farm lane. I hollered, Hey! What are you doing? I have a set there! He felt bad and I felt bad and the next day we both laughed when I had another coyote in that set. Since then I don't worry about where I take a leak and have found it helps on mock deer scrapes also.
Posted By: Animals Only

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 12:53 AM

I would be uncomfortable bending over to make a set with a lonely old man is standing behind me with his Willy hanging out.

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 01:36 AM

Lol he ain't that close. He'd take a 22 bullet to the forehead if so!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by white marlin

Boom grin
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bucknuts

Getting both hands caught in a conibear just took on a new danger
Posted By: chas3457

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 02:10 AM

I hear banjos. eek

Charlie
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
Originally Posted by Bucknuts

Getting both hands caught in a conibear just took on a new danger

HaHaHa!!
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Lonely old man,always whipping it out around you-maybe he is looking to take the relationship to another level?

Maybe he’s a man of the cloth....?
Posted By: Boco

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 02:46 AM

Be careful if he starts talking about the dirt hole.

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 03:20 AM

SMH
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
Be careful if he starts talking about the dirt hole.

LMAO !
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 04:26 AM

Trapping coyote, coon, fox, pee nearby will probably help you more than hurt.
How would a coyote know we don't sign territory?
Posted By: bblwi

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 04:42 AM

Give him some castor and let him pee where he wants.

Bryce

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by scheide
I took a buddy along one time while setting coyote traps. He stood there and p**sed by my set, and I cussed him good. Next morning there stood a coyote in that trap. Go figure.

I've seen them pee where I did the day before
Posted By: turkey

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 01:46 PM

Human urine by a set is ok for fox and coyote from what I'm told they only smell the testosterone in male urine so it's like a dominance thing. My buddy had to answer nature's call when he was deer hunting 10 minutes later he had a 8 pointer run right up to the tree he peed on.

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 02:49 PM

He called me all excited this morning. Finally caught his coyote that had been giving him trouble but ole mb 550 couldn't hold it. From the looks of the circle must have been a back foot catch. Yote probably went to pee and got caught. I had made the set infront of a 8" diameter pin oak and the back side of the tree was chewed to pieces. Believe he used that tree as leverage to pull out! He gone!
Posted By: petehall

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/20/20 03:23 PM

Years ago,My fatherinlaw rode with me on my coyote line
I told him no peeing or smoking around my sets
I was setting a trap and I turned around ,there he was smoking and peeing !!!!!! almost pulled the set but next day had a Big coyote in that trap
FUNNY BUT TRUE !!!

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/21/20 02:21 AM

I was getting my instructions from ogorman, a coyote took the drag n trap away, he went to get the trap, I had to go, so I did, when I got done I realized I had just peed in his old trap bed. I told him I was sorry, he said don't worry, how else is the coyote gonna know where to stop!
I thought I messed his set up, but I didn't
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/21/20 02:26 AM

That stinks, I've caught a lot of coyotes in mb550s and never had one pull out. Must have been a toe catch

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/21/20 02:29 AM

I have over active bladder, maybe old guy you know does too, I take Oxybutynin for it, it does help
It's 45$ if you have to pay for it
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/21/20 02:38 AM

A buddy of mine had a pissing contest with a wolf over the course of 2 months. Wolf would come and pee on his "marking spot" on his line. He did catch that wolf, putting a trap on top of his human pee post. And I do apologize, I just saw this thread and did not read the 4 pages of comments before this so sorry if I'm repeating.

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/21/20 01:59 PM

He finally won the pissing contest lol
Posted By: run

Re: old man urinating beside my traps - 03/21/20 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tactical.20
I was getting my instructions from ogorman, a coyote took the drag n trap away, he went to get the trap, I had to go, so I did, when I got done I realized I had just peed in his old trap bed. I told him I was sorry, he said don't worry, how else is the coyote gonna know where to stop!
I thought I messed his set up, but I didn't

That's awesome.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums