Home

Paul Grimshaw passed away

Posted By: NYERLUVS2TRAP

Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/19/20 05:50 PM

Paul Grimshaw passed away last night.
R. I. P. Paul
Posted By: MChewk

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/19/20 05:57 PM

Sorry to hear this ....purchased traps, lure, urine and bait from him years ago.
RIP Sir
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/19/20 07:19 PM

Godspeed
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/19/20 07:34 PM

Sorry to hear. Another old timer gone. Like others, he leaves behind quite a legacy.
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/19/20 07:44 PM

Well said Nancy. Rest in Peace Mr.Paul Grimshaw. Prayers for all Involved.
Posted By: Albert Burns

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/19/20 08:05 PM

Sorry to hear that. Remember him from the first day I started trapping. Prayers to all that knew and cared about him.
Posted By: Mac

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/19/20 09:17 PM

Will miss Paul. Bought a lot of supplies from him over the years. Spent a lot of time chatting with him at Olson's trapper days. He taught at several seminars that Olson put on back in the day. Learned a lot of solid stuff on mink, muskrat and raccoon from the man. Very nice guy.
Mac
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/19/20 09:20 PM

Got a lot of trapping supplies from him over the years.RIP
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/19/20 10:04 PM

A good man and good friend. Rest in Peace.
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/19/20 10:04 PM

Rip sir!!!
Posted By: foxkidd44

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/19/20 10:19 PM

hated to see that this rumor proved to be true.......now those little handwritten notes he sent back with my orders hold a lot more personal value.......paul answerd a lot of questions back when I was a snot nosed kid.......he had lures that was more affordable than most others............and I caught a fair amount of fur with them......so sad when we lose another legend in our field a .......r.i.p. sir!!
Posted By: LT GREY

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/19/20 11:41 PM

I met Paul back in 1978 in Clearfield, Pa. and the NTA convention.
That was in the 'peak of the fur boom', when everybody was trapping and everybody was selling.
I did quite a bit of business through Paul on trapping supplies over the years and found this products and service to be one of the best.
You could learn a lot about trapping by just paying attention to the conversation. I know I did.
There are a number of legendary trappers to come out of the North East and Paul Grimshaw is certainly one of them.
A quite soul, you will long be remembered . . .
Posted By: TINEMASTER

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/20/20 12:27 AM

Rest easy Sir
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/20/20 12:36 AM

Rest In Peace....he use to give great demos at the NH Trappers Rondys..
Posted By: Jtrapper

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/20/20 01:16 AM

Hated to hear this, some of the first trapping supply's I ever ordered were from him.
Posted By: bwtrapper

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/20/20 01:18 AM

Rest easy.
Posted By: proratman

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/20/20 01:19 AM

R.I.P.
Posted By: Cameron Kelsey

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/20/20 01:20 AM

Sad news. I remember getting one of his catalogs when I was a kid. RIP Paul!
Posted By: TRADER TUT

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/20/20 01:27 AM

REST IN PEACE . The gates opened and he was Hailed by those who went prior. The meeting will come to order ! Tut
Posted By: JoeGoodman

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/21/20 01:57 AM

Paul was a major figure in the trapping industry. Many many years ago at the New York State Trappers Convention in Herkimer, I stopped at Paul's booth which was COVERED in the usual many books he offered. We chatted awhile and he said, "You know, Joe, 30 plus years ago I had E.J. Dailey on this side of me, and O.L. Butcher on that side of me. There's a lot of trapping history here in NewYork." Amen, Paul!
Funny, earlier today I walked through my garage and took note of the Grimshaw axe signed by Paul, hanging on the wall.

I do not know if he is already, but Paul Grimshaw belongs in the National Trappers Hall of Fame.

Joe Goodman
Posted By: nightlife

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/21/20 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by JoeGoodman
Paul was a major figure in the trapping industry. Many many years ago at the New York State Trappers Convention in Herkimer, I stopped at Paul's booth which was COVERED in the usual many books he offered. We chatted awhile and he said, "You know, Joe, 30 plus years ago I had E.J. Dailey on this side of me, and O.L. Butcher on that side of me. There's a lot of trapping history here in NewYork." Amen, Paul!
Funny, earlier today I walked through my garage and took note of the Grimshaw axe signed by Paul, hanging on the wall.

I do not know if he is already, but Paul Grimshaw belongs in the National Trappers Hall of Fame.

Joe Goodman

Definitely deserves to be in the hall of fame

Was just a kid when I met him at the national and he took the time to answer a lot of dumb kid questions, like most of the old timers he was definitely a class act

RIP

And may you find good hunting and trapping
Posted By: Paul Dobbins

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/21/20 02:33 AM

He was inducted in 2017 - http://www.nationaltrappers.com/halloffame.html
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/21/20 11:13 AM

R.I.P.
Posted By: JoeGoodman

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/21/20 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins

Thank you, Paul, for letting us know. I am so glad they saw fit to induct him while he was alive and could enjoy the honor with family and friends. One hellava beaver trapper.
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/21/20 12:40 PM

Paul always had the corner booth at the NYS Convention. I miss talking with him,got a lot of trapping tips from our conversations.
Posted By: jabNE

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/21/20 12:51 PM

Rest in peace sir.
Jim
Posted By: PAskinner

Re: Paul Grimshaw passed away - 03/21/20 12:59 PM

Been to a few of his demos. Very knowledgeable trapper who thunk outside the box. Rest in Peace, Sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5uqJtA8EKY
© 2024 Trapperman Forums