Home

FHA Lotting Letters?

Posted By: atrapper

FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/20/20 06:18 PM

Has anyone seen lotting letters yet for their fur for next weeks online sale? I saw they had a catalog up but when I try to log in, it's not responding. Could they be uploading lotting letters?

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/20/20 06:20 PM

Nevermind, they ain't up yet.
Posted By: wallfur

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/20/20 07:22 PM

sale was cancelled
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/20/20 07:27 PM

There is still going to be an online sale. Due to demand from a number of manufacturers. Bid on the puter instead of in person, ain't tech grand?
Posted By: wallfur

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/20/20 07:51 PM

ah I see thank you Lee for info
Posted By: novatrapper01

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/20/20 08:18 PM

I’m curious if the live broadcast will work for this. Wasn’t likely time to get it switched over but never know. I always look forward to listening in on my lots.
Posted By: wissmiss

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/20/20 08:28 PM

I doubt there will be a live broadcast. The remote sale is taking place over a period of days. It will start on March 24 and conclude on April 2.

There wouldn’t be anything to listen to.

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/20/20 08:55 PM

Can we assume that we'll still see lotting letters before the sale next week though? Everything must already be ready to go if the catalogs are up.

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/20/20 09:09 PM

The catalogs for registered buyers will be sent out on Monday, along with bidding instructions. I assume lotting letters will be posted at that time or before.

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/20/20 11:46 PM

Great, thank you
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/21/20 12:21 AM

My lotting letter is up!

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/21/20 12:47 AM

Very nice! Is there an actual pdf of your grades? Mine just says, "Un Graded Tags at this time!!!" Maybe they'll pop up later.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/21/20 01:02 AM

Mine are up as well, so now the questions begin. What is the deal with the last lot in every string always 8 skins for coyote, 6 skins for Bobcat? Why such small lots?

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/21/20 04:40 AM

That last lot with just a few skins is the “show lot” . It is what the buyers will look at. It is a manageable size bundle for throwing around.

Buyers don’t see every pelt in a string. It wouldn’t be practical. Buyers assume that the sample is representative of the lot.

Even lots that aren’t a string - say a lot of 150 Raccoon - the buyers don't see every pelt. They see a sample of 6-10 skins.
Posted By: Mike C

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/21/20 04:47 AM

My rats left over from last year are showing as sold already. PT I am guessing.
Posted By: Squash

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/21/20 12:03 PM

My account is up as well.
Posted By: PaulB

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/21/20 12:26 PM

Good they figured out a way to make this happen,,,,

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/21/20 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
That last lot with just a few skins is the “show lot” . It is what the buyers will look at. It is a manageable size bundle for throwing around.

Buyers don’t see every pelt in a string. It wouldn’t be practical. Buyers assume that the sample is representative of the lot.

Even lots that aren’t a string - say a lot of 150 Raccoon - the buyers don't see every pelt. They see a sample of 6-10 skins.

That makes sense. NAFA used show samples as well but were always part of a larger lot. This is interesting that FHA provides the opportunity to buy the show lot seperately. Kind of a nice option for the smaller buyer, or it can be picked up as part of the string.
Posted By: ratbrain

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/21/20 01:15 PM

Had a held over damaged section IV coyote sell private treaty. Netted me 50 cents!

Re: FHA Lotting Letters? - 03/21/20 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by PaulB
Good they figured out a way to make this happen,,,,

Let's hope something happens. It is still going to take substantial demand from a number of buyers to create a competative sale. I appreciate FHA's effort to keep a competative market going. I don't think it is in anyones best interest if the fur market becomes completely dominated by one major buyer.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums