Home

covid 19 testing ?

Posted By: logger coffey

covid 19 testing ? - 03/20/20 06:52 PM

So if there testing in places, that nobody thinks they have to begin with, then they come up with all these new cases, that people did not know it was there. Why not just quit testing. but maby im getting more and more confused.
Posted By: M.Magis

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/20/20 06:55 PM

So you're suggesting the stick-your-head-in-the-sand approach is the way to go.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/20/20 06:59 PM

Yes, you're confused. The hospital I work for just volunteered to be a regional testing site to be able to do the tests there than send it off to the third party sites.

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/20/20 07:00 PM

No, they go to a little town do some test, tell someone that they have it, but go home and stay. then everybody in that town panics ,
Posted By: hippie

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/20/20 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by logger coffey
No, they go to a little town do some test, tell someone that they have it, but go home and stay. then everybody in that town panics ,

Yep, and guessing most of the town has it since one does. If everyone was to be tested, I bet the fatality rate would plummet.

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/20/20 07:51 PM

People around here ,have be going to the doc for some time now ,with the flu they thought, but tested negative. see my confusion .
Posted By: tjm

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/20/20 08:11 PM

Panic is good for getting the sheep into the pen. Force might be next?
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/20/20 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by logger coffey
People around here ,have be going to the doc for some time now ,with the flu they thought, but tested negative. see my confusion .

I know what you mean. I had flu at Thanksgiving then again the last week of Jan, it was worse than any flu ever. In our small church we had two older ones in hospital for pneumonia, One young man 52 went to hospital for pneumonia a couple days they sent him home he went back 2 days later sick and died.

I can just say if its worse than whatever I had, I won't make it.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/20/20 11:04 PM

How long does it take to get the results once a person is tested?
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/20/20 11:25 PM

they tested in a town in Italy all 3K residents they found about half infected and they found 2/3 had no symptoms.

so of the 50% infected 1/3 have symptoms and 2/3 are just spreading it around with no symptoms.

so even if you feel find don't go visit grandma if you don't want to kill her
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/20/20 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion

The university at chapel hill North Carolina, cant remember if its duke or North Carolina, said their test just got approved and it only takes 4 hours to complete the lab end of the testing.
Posted By: Bucknuts

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/21/20 01:30 AM

At my wife's work they are no longer testing for it. If you have a fever and test neg for flu they say you have it and recommend quarantine for 14 days SMH. Running low on tests, gowns, masks. Told dr's to wear trash bags if they run out of gowns.
Posted By: BigBlackBirds

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/21/20 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Nittany Lion

In theory 4-8 hours. Reality is most state labs are overwhelmed and way behind. We sent tests on last Friday; results back this Thursday.
Posted By: Flipper

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/21/20 01:57 AM

everyone wants to be tested so they know if they have it. Thing is you could be in contact with someone that has it the next day. Wait till you have symptoms before testing.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/21/20 02:21 AM

I can tell you it’s effecting people they said it wouldn’t effect...it’s as bad as they say.
A buddy is a nurse and one of his coworkers is a gym rat, eats clean, etc...at 42 he’s lying in the hospital on a ventilator. Another boy (31) was in ICU and didn’t think he would make it...he finally recovered enough to come off a ventilator after a week. They are having to invert patients to keep their lungs from filling up. There’s no rhyme or reason who and how it might effect someone. They are still in the learning stages unfortunately. It took one guy 6 days before his results came back and that’s when he was already in ICU. Apparently it escalates rapidly.
Posted By: run

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/21/20 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
I can tell you it’s effecting people they said it wouldn’t effect...it’s as bad as they say.
A buddy is a nurse and one of his coworkers is a gym rat, eats clean, etc...at 42 he’s lying in the hospital on a ventilator. Another boy (31) was in ICU and didn’t think he would make it...he finally recovered enough to come off a ventilator after a week. They are having to invert patients to keep their lungs from filling up. There’s no rhyme or reason who and how it might effect someone. They are still in the learning stages unfortunately. It took one guy 6 days before his results came back and that’s when he was already in ICU. Apparently it escalates rapidly.

Thanks for the info.

Re: covid 19 testing ? - 03/21/20 12:48 PM

The lady in my area ,15 miles away ,said she has had it for some time now ,been staying at home , she decided to get tested when she started feeling better, found out it was what she had ,she said just minor aches and pains with it, still at home recovering.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums