Home

Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All!

Posted By: Leftlane

Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 02:46 PM

junk science
(noun)
untested or unproven theories when presented as scientific fact, especially in a court of law.

Folks, lets face it we have a problem. We have a 24 hour news cycle in which reporters will ask the same questions over and over of the POTUS and the experts he is assigning to guide us through troubled waters and then spend the rest of the day condemning him for saying the word Chinese and creating mass panic.

Step out of the box and think about the times we live in. The fossil record clearly demonstrates that Mother Earth had at least one ice age and has warmed up many degrees since then. Should we not question at some point how the planet has warmed up so much before man was in a position to create a large carbon or otherwise footprint?

We all hold our belief systems very near and dear and I do not fault another man (or woman) for their own thoughts, opinions, and conclusions. I myself, will always try to base such personal things on facts and it peaves me to no end when I suspect the facts are (or even could be) purposely skewed for political gain. Our founding fathers would have never tolerated such BS!

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Tsarevna

4 out of 5 wooly mammoths believe in Global Warming!

grin
Posted By: chas3457

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 02:58 PM

There ya go again, using common sense and logic.

Just goes to show, you, (as well as myself), weren't a very good student, who failed to become indoctrinated by a liberal 'change World History' teacher.

crazy Charlie
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 03:31 PM

Good job mods!
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 03:32 PM

Leftlane, just because there are natural forces at work that have have caused repeated coolings and warmings over the ages does not mean that the activities of modern humans are not causing global warming right now.

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by cmcf
Good job mods!

Are you in favor of censoring anyone who has a different opinion than you do?

Good news Komrad, you might be in the majority soon.
Posted By: Kevin Stake

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 04:14 PM

God is in control. Nobody can change that.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Leftlane, just because there are natural forces at work that have have caused repeated coolings and warmings over the ages does not mean that the activities of modern humans are not causing global warming right now.

Humans may be changing the climate, but does it really matter? Like you said, the earth has been warmer before, and will almost certainly get warmer again, whether from man-made causes or natural causes. Nebraska was once under the ocean, and will almost certainly be under the ocean again, but life will go on. I'm pretty convinced that man-made climate change is a real thing, and some/most of the predictions made about it (rising sea levels, changes in weather, more storms, etc etc) will come true, though probably not in the rapid time period predicted. But.......does it really matter? What's the difference if it happens over 200 years due to man or 500 years due to natural causes? Even if we stopped man made climate change, if the earth warms because of natural causes, could/should man try to stop it?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 04:42 PM

Waste of time Trying

And it is too Political ...lies will be told!

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 05:04 PM

So if the scientific consensus is that wolves are good for deer and elk populations and you go hunting and see no game yall plan to just buy your meat at the store and keep believing every BS story you see printed?

Chas, you might be right. It's gonna be tough for us slow kids to tease these good students into thinking for themselves. I myself think they should start immediately and enjoy it while they still can LOL
Posted By: GritGuy

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 05:13 PM

Don't believe for any amount of time that man over whelms nature with their production of carbons, thats supposed to change nature and climate !!

Nature puts out way to much at any single instant than man can in a hundred years to make any change.

If there is any change going on it is under natures control. in my opinion, and we just have to learn to adjust to what we get !
Posted By: mike mason

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 05:41 PM

Right on Leftlane,I tell the warmers to take an entry level college geology class and then we can have a intelligent discussion.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 06:10 PM

If I had a choice, I would take global warming over global cooling anyday.
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 06:26 PM

The global affect of too much carbon is a junk science THERORY!

The jungle, woods and round the world crops give off oxygen. And they thrive on carbon. Thus giving off OXYGEN!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 06:28 PM

Experts say the surface temperature of the sun is about 10,000 degrees F and the core of the s.un is about 27,000,00 degrees F. I'd like to know who temp probed the sun to come up with that information. Maybe the Sun hasn't been doing it's job. The sun makes one complete rotation every 24 days. Maybe the sun has been 4 degrees too hot, causing the earth to warm 4 degrees in the past 200 years.
Posted By: charles

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 06:48 PM

In the height of the polio virus - mid 50s - there were 28,895 case in one year. Last year in the entire world, there were 22 cases. Could have been the vaccine at work, but we have doubters.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 07:42 PM

So elaborate on for us what the President's usage of Chinese has to do with the climate warming? I would be interested in hearing your correlation.

Bryce
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by mike mason
Right on Leftlane,I tell the warmers to take an entry level college geology class and then we can have a intelligent discussion.

I guess most of the world's climate scientists didn't take entry level geology. Too bad.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Originally Posted by mike mason

I guess most of the world's climate scientists didn't take entry level geology. Too bad.

Most??? Proof? Facts not factoids
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 10:39 PM

Hey beaverpeeler u don't live far from Mt. St. Helens. How much carbon did she put out???? Give me a comparison of volcanic eruption volume to manmade volume!!
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 10:41 PM

What's the baseline?

How do we know if we're high or low?
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 10:46 PM

Yard stick.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 11:18 PM

Pelosi becoming POTUS?

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/21/20 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by bblwi
So elaborate on for us what the President's usage of Chinese has to do with the climate warming? I would be interested in hearing your correlation.
Bryce

It's fairly simple actually. The media is politically motivated in its reporting and it would appear at least some junk science is as well. I might never question the virus projections being reported now except that I have had to listen to so much BS about man made climate change, 27 genders, children should not be spanked, guns are bad, churches are evil, trapping is cruel, and tearing down statues is good.

When you combine this with the absolute non-story reported when we had 60 Million infected inside of our own borders but also had a different administration and it wasnt an election year, I smell a rat. Or maybe I don't Bryce. Maybe the rat identifies as a barn swallow LOL. Maybe I should wait until CNN tells me what to smell and think.
Posted By: bfflobo

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/22/20 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Experts say the surface temperature of the sun is about 10,000 degrees F and the core of the s.un is about 27,000,00 degrees F. I'd like to know who temp probed the sun to come up with that information. Maybe the Sun hasn't been doing it's job. The sun makes one complete rotation every 24 days. Maybe the sun has been 4 degrees too hot, causing the earth to warm 4 degrees in the past 200 years.

Scientist that are not being paid by the ones with an agenda, say the earths warming and cooling trends over the last many thousands of years is directly proportional to the sun spot activity. This I can understand and believe. Carbon foot print crap is nothing more than taxation thru politics and one class of people working to control others thru guilt and taxation. IMO
Posted By: cotton

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/22/20 11:55 AM

pretty easy to cut though the junk scientist, get em to tell how us paying a carbon tax will fix anything?
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/22/20 02:37 PM

get em to tell how us paying a carbon tax will fix anything
?

It won't. But it'll put money in their pocket.

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/22/20 02:46 PM

Bingo
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: Lets Brave the Scariest Topic of All! - 03/22/20 03:01 PM

[Linked Image]

ol'dad
© 2024 Trapperman Forums