Home

Buddy and his SS

Posted By: Law Dog

Buddy and his SS - 03/21/20 09:27 PM

He went to apply and someone has been collecting on his Social Security number already. Just how can they know all they know about a person and not catch this kind of fraud is going on.
Posted By: bobsheedy

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/21/20 10:07 PM

Might be an inside job. Not much surprises me with this electronic technology. I know someone whose SSN was being used by another, to work. Probably a random guess at the number.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/21/20 10:18 PM

That really sucks

Years ago I got a knock on the door. It was a deputy he handed me papers from the IRS. Come to find out someone was working in Arizona under my ssn. Identity theft, the IRS & SSA sucked bad. It took almost 3 years to clear up.

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/21/20 10:23 PM

Try to get into the SS site to your account and the see the crazy personal questions, they ask you stuff you need to look up to answer. LOL

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/21/20 10:24 PM

I asked him if the guy was hunting and fish all that time on his dime. grin
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/21/20 11:04 PM

Your bank acct #s and credit card #s are all out there for the crooks to use. I had my credit card # used to put credit on a Starbucks card in Bangkok!
Posted By: Mr. Ed

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/21/20 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by bobsheedy

Might be an inside job. Not much surprises me with this electronic technology. I know someone whose SSN was being used by another, to work. Probably a random guess at the number.

Hope all is well Bob. April mtg will probably be cancelled.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/21/20 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by adam m
That really sucks

Years ago I got a knock on the door. It was a deputy he handed me papers from the IRS. Come to find out someone was working in Arizona under my ssn. Identity theft, the IRS & SSA sucked bad. It took almost 3 years to clear up.

Thats Horrible
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/21/20 11:42 PM

i hope he gets it all sorted out quickly. maybe with trump as president the illegal border jumper will go to prison for a few years before being deported
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/21/20 11:43 PM

Its no wonder it happens might as well post a billboard on your lawn with all your personal info on it
Posted By: bfflobo

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/22/20 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by bobsheedy

Might be an inside job. Not much surprises me with this electronic technology. I know someone whose SS# was being used by another, to work. Probably a random guess at the number.

Think I read that Obama's SS# originally belonged to some guy that has been dead for many years. Must still be working for both of them.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/22/20 03:51 AM

Does he have an exwife? One of the guys i used to work with had an ex file ss against his earnings but it didn't affect his amount.

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/22/20 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Does he have an exwife? One of the guys i used to work with had an ex file ss against his earnings but it didn't affect his amount.

Thought you had to be dead for the wife to draw on the higher SS amount but not both accounts.

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/22/20 03:55 AM

No there are some ways if they never remarried or only been married for a short time before they file.

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/22/20 03:57 AM

So he draws and she draws off the same account?

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/22/20 04:00 AM

Something like that bit its not supposed to effect your amount.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/22/20 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by adam m
That really sucks

If he was illegal and working under your SS he was contributing to your earnings. Keep that going and straighten it out before you start drawing. wink

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/22/20 01:56 PM

My understanding of SS is you can draw from your spouses account if they die and only if it’s more then your getting now or you would not do that to begin with but you cannot draw from both accounts.
Posted By: adam m

Re: Buddy and his SS - 03/22/20 01:58 PM

Jerry, I know those questions are brutal, I had to "make" about 5 accounts before I was finally given access to the ssa site. I hope your buddy can clear it up quickly. It didn't take long to clear up the issue with SSA but it took over 3 years with the IRS.

330, it was. During that time, about every 6 months there was a knock on the door from a deputy handing me papers. I was at the IRS field office so much and so long they knew me by name laugh

Walleye, we assumed she was an illegal. What gets me is, how she got my ssn. I didn't have internet or an email. This was in early 2000's.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums