Home

Housing Market

Posted By: BuckMink

Housing Market - 03/23/20 03:48 PM

Hey all,

reading reports, supposingly the market is going to take a huge hit. I was just wondering if the interest rates will continue go lower and for a first time home purchase if this will be a good opportunity to take advantage of?

I would like some input from you.

Thanks!
Posted By: muddyriverdogz

Re: Housing Market - 03/23/20 03:57 PM

If interest rates go any lower they will be nagative just like Trump wants. I don't know if America will except that though.

Housing prices will take a hit for sure in most places.Specially places like Florida,California and New York.....Some places though it might not or may not be as severe.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Housing Market - 03/23/20 04:06 PM

WAIT! There will be deals. The housing market of 2008 will look like a practice run if this continues. There’s tons of houses that the banks have had since 2008, that still haven’t been placed back on the market. I’d recommend the same on any vehicle purchase also. Both will be greatly reduced in price, IMO. Not saying they couldn’t have a dead-cat bounce, but they will hit bottom. Home equity will fall. I know several in the housing market, and they’re sitting on piles of cash waiting to buy.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Housing Market - 03/23/20 04:16 PM

If this keeps up rates will go down maybe even negative like in some places in Europe. I don't you will ever see a better time to buy a home.

Re: Housing Market - 03/23/20 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by rex123
If this keeps up rates will go down maybe even negative like in some places in Europe. I don't you will ever see a better time to buy a home.

there will be a run on the banks if that happens. Negative rates for the world reserve currency may not work out like in other nation's.

Re: Housing Market - 03/23/20 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by cfowler
WAIT! There will be deals. The housing market of 2008 will look like a practice run if this continues. There’s tons of houses that the banks have had since 2008, that still haven’t been placed back on the market. I’d recommend the same on any vehicle purchase also. Both will be greatly reduced in price, IMO. Not saying they couldn’t have a dead-cat bounce, but they will hit bottom. Home equity will fall. I know several in the housing market, and they’re sitting on piles of cash waiting to buy.

They just gave the Fed the green light to buy up everything. There balance sheet is going to skyrocket to maintain price levels as they buy up America with a Constitutionally illegal currency. The Revolutionary war has been lost..
Posted By: BuckMink

Re: Housing Market - 03/23/20 04:47 PM

So just wait a couple of months from now, is the reccomendation?

Re: Housing Market - 03/23/20 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by BuckMink
So just wait a couple of months from now, is the reccomendation?

I would and see how things go.

I would however be paying close attention to the buying power of the dollar.

Housing prices will depend on how much the Fed buy's. That's who you will be competing against,your own tax dollars or should i say a loan being taken out against you.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Housing Market - 03/23/20 05:56 PM

Might be a good time to buy a bigger better home.Since you wont be able to sell the old one you could use that one for a skinning shack.

Re: Housing Market - 03/23/20 06:04 PM

This isn't going down like 2008. It's going to be much worse and different.The entire financial system is levereged up on debt. I wouldn't be surprised if prices don't rise as the value of the dollar collapses.
Posted By: frank1969

Re: Housing Market - 03/23/20 07:20 PM

I'm just scared the city rats will move out in the country after all this
Posted By: yote_trapper20

Re: Housing Market - 03/23/20 07:28 PM

I refinanced at 2.875 with 30 year note when this all started. Not sure if it will get much lower than that?
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Housing Market - 03/23/20 08:18 PM

If the dollar collapses won't we have runaway inflation? If that is the case won't the Feds have to raise interest rates to slow inflation?
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Housing Market - 03/23/20 08:35 PM

I too think it’ll be worse than 2008 and expand into a lot of sectors. QE will flood some markets with “cash”. The fact is, most of this “cash” will be credit. Only sustainable with an economy moving forward. Currently, the market economy is attempting to continue forward progression without production. This only creates debt. They’re sheering the sheeple.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums