Home

New Federal license for guns

Posted By: Drifter

New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 06:48 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_A...vqGLzLLHg-uetsNmztde62XkgxWQYp3r8DE9LWeQ

30% tax on guns and 50% on ammo. HR5717 is the number.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 10:48 AM

Thanks, dems.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 11:00 AM

When it becomes law everyone will complain but comply.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 11:05 AM

It will stop gun violence as well as a carbon tax will stop global warming. Why not just roll this in with the Carona recovery bill with all their other junk?
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 11:06 AM

They keep trying. I have enough ammo to hunt and trap for the rest of my life. A have a firearm suited for any animal in N America. So no Hobbie I wont comply. I dont have too.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 11:49 AM

Not gonna happen.
Posted By: coydog2

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 11:59 AM

it will something to watch for
Posted By: Woodsloafer72

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 02:25 PM

With most people seemingly panicked over the carona virus, it would be a lot easier for them to slip something like this through. If the politicians think they can get away with it they will do it.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 02:41 PM

Those left wing nuts are not going to stop till they have real trouble on their hands. Ballot or bullet will get them out eventually .
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Woodsloafer72
With most people seemingly panicked over the carona virus, it would be a lot easier for them to slip something like this through. If the politicians think they can get away with it they will do it.

They forget the names of all the sponsors and co sponsors are listed. Vote them out. Tar and feathers take your pick the founding fathers did both. They are revered today yet at the time they were seen as criminals. Today they would be labeled domestic terrorists.

Those supporting legislation such as this are actively attempting to destroy the constitution they swore to protect and abide by. Vote them out. Rember our 3 tool boxes.

First attempt the soap box, then the ballot box, when all else fails, you reach for the cartridge box. That is what they fear and why the founders wrote the constitution the way they did. It is also why those in power throughout history have worked to disarm the people and have a monopoly on force. once they achieve that history proves mass genocide soon follows. I hope the cartridge box will never be needed.

They used to have to burn book to control information. Today all it will take are a few clicks and it will disappear or be rewritten. They control the brain washing complicity centers know as public schools and colleges.

We are indeed living in interesting times. I love the cold dead hands and they can have my guns bullets first crowd. 90+ % of them will not only comply but also rat those that don't out. They will try to rationalize it . Fortunately it only requires 7%of the population to be patriot's.

I wonder how many list I just got on for posting a general history lesson.?
Posted By: Getting There

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
It will stop gun violence as well as a carbon tax will stop global warming. Why not just roll this in with the Carona recovery bill with all their other junk?

Almost half of so called gun violence are suicides, if you want to help stop global warming stop build new build, free ways, etc.
I just can not believe ANYONE would be in favor of this bill!

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 02:56 PM

I bet Bloomberg is pushing for this!
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 03:27 PM

The hold up on the recovery bill from the democrat's side is they want:
35M made available for JFK Center for Performing Arts
Money allocated for more green projects
Expansion of wind and solar credits

From the republican side they want:
Money allocated not only to workers, but businesses are well
If businesses go under there won't be businesses for the workers to go back to.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Getting There

To bad he spent all that money on ads he could of donated it smirk

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 03:45 PM

One trillion + stimulus= 350million Americans. Humm. I bet 20, 000 to each American would stimulate the economy well and fast. Would be much cheaper.

You could go a million or two each and be cheaper but that would completely collapse the economy. No one would go to work and inflation would be mind blowing.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 03:46 PM

Almost half of so called gun violence are suicides, if you want to help stop global warming stop build new build, free ways, etc.
I just can not believe ANYONE would be in favor of this bill!

The point, for those who did not understand, is that a carbon tax will NOT stop global warming, and a tax on guns and ammo will NOT stop gun violence. And NO I'm not in favor of this bill!

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten

To bad he spent all that money on ads he could of donated it smirk

He still has plenty he could donate! I think he still has 50 sum billion.

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 04:37 PM

Providence Farm, If there is a list I been on it awhile now. Probably a charter member. I say it is something to be proud of.
Posted By: hippie

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 04:38 PM

Our reps here have introduced a bill to make us buy a license to buy guns and ammo.

Vote these anti's out !!!!!!!
Posted By: cat_trapper_nv

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Woodsloafer72

Most people don't know about these bills if there is Coronavirus or not. Bill has to get pass the house. Being controlled by the Democrats, it could, but not all Democrats are anti-gun. So it will be possible to get pass the house, but it would be close. Then it has to make it passed the Senate witch is controlled by Republicans who are pretty much all pro-gun and anti tax. Since we all on trapperman like to look at the worse case possible lets say it makes it pass the Senate, then it has to get signed by our President, who is pro-gun and anti-tax. If the President veto's the bill, then it has to be voted on again with 3/4 vote in order to pass. Since the House and Senate are very close in numbers with Democrats and Republicans, getting a 3/4 vote in either is nearly impossible.

Throughout the history of the country, the only federal tax to every make it through on firearms and ammunition is the Pittman-Roberbertson and National Firearms Act of 1934 which were both passed with democrats in full control, and not barely controlled, very much controlled. Plus the Pittman-Robertson Act was pushed by sportsman (one of the only good taxes in the country).

And I know he said we can't trust Trump with a gun law because his daughter doesn't like guns, but Donald Trump Jr. is very pro-gun, always has been, and has more pull with the president than his daughter (side note, I hope he runs in 2024). Trump also mentioned a ban on suppressors, and I may be wrong, but I think he has since changed his mind because I saw a hunting picture of his son with one on his rifle.

But I do agree that we all need to be engaged with this bills no matter what the probability of them being passed is. Even if we only had a handful of Democrats in office, we would still need to be engaged in voicing our opinion mainly because federally proposed bills have a tendency to make it to the State level after they are rejected. I wouldn't be surprised if states that have been anti-gun start to push similar bills in their states. Voicing our opinions now could encourage federal politicians to stop state politicians from proposing them. so YES, WE STILL NEED TO BE ENGAGED
Posted By: Boco

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 04:59 PM

If you try to overthrow a government elected by the people with 7% supporting your wacky ideas your no patriot-your a terrorist.

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 05:01 PM

No Boco, there are provisions for us to do so if the govt get tyrannical.
That's the beauty of our constitution, we have rights that are to not be infringed.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
When it becomes law everyone will complain but comply.

Wouldn't surprise me. Look at all the people bending over and letting their freedom get stolen in the current situation. Putting safety over freedom.

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 05:11 PM

You are talking about installing a tyrannical government with 7% so called patriots usurping power from a legally elected government.
Demographics have changed over the last 20-30 years.Young people run the show now and they dont have the same values as us older folk.However much you want to go back to those times,it can never happen because the younger people have enough population to sway the vote and steer the country to where they want it to go.They will be here when we are all gone.

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 05:12 PM

It doesn't matter if only one person's rights are violated Boco, it's not to be.
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
You are talking about installing a tyrannical government with 7% so called patriots usurping power from a legally elected government.
Demographics have changed over the last 20-30 years.Young people run the show now and they dont have the same values as us older folk.However much you want to go back to those times,it can never happen because the younger people have enough population to sway the vote and steer the country to where they want it to go.They will be here when we are all gone.

Troll of Trolls right here, and as usual has opinions on everything about the United States when he's not even a citizen...Just another anti-U.S.A. antagonist.

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 05:17 PM

Envy

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 06:33 PM

ttt
Posted By: Kart29

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 06:48 PM

Here's some info on the bill:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5717/actions?q={%22search%22:[%225717%22]}&r=1&s=2&KWICView=false

}&r=1&s=2&KWICView=false]HR 5717

It was introduced by some Georgia Democrat. Has been co-sponsored by a bunch of reps from Massachusetts, Illinios, and New York.

I don't see it going anywhere in this Congress. But at least we see one way they might attack us.
Posted By: cat_trapper_nv

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 08:01 PM

Haha if they try banning "assult" weapons and do a mandatory buy back, that number is going to be a lot bigger than 7%. There's a few reasons why they wont take our guns.......

1) They know gun owners won't give them up easily.
2) Most law enforcement won't enforce it either because they don't agree with it, or they don't want to die trying to take our guns
3) This is the main reason.......Gun Control is a big selling point when it comes to being elected. If you ban guns, you loose the selling point "if you elect me, I'll take guns off the street." It's that same way with lot of political points. It's the main reason politicians don't keep their promises. So you say your going to do it, sponsor a crazy bill that wont pass, then gets praised for trying.

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 08:05 PM

My comments have absolutely nothing to do with gun control.
It was in answer to the statement that overthrowing a duly elected government by 7% of the population was patriotic.It is nothing of the sort-it is terrorism.
Seems some people are thick between the ears.

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 08:31 PM

Well if you take out 25.7% for being under 18 and 14.2% for 62 and over you have eliminated about 40% of the population. If you remove 51% of the 60% that is left and female your at 29% of military age American males. I dont know what percent of the 29% are pacifists, or what percent are cowards, or what percent are drug addicts or whatever and are completely apathetic but were talking about why 7% has a lot more influence than you might think. Especially armed and and angry that their liberty is being stripped.

https://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-03.pdf
Posted By: ky_coyote_hunter

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 08:32 PM

Lol, The U.S.A. Constitutional expert speaks again...Grab a chair boys this canuck is explaining how overthrowing a "duly elected" United States tyrannical government would make us all terrorist.

No need to rehash all that stuff you have learned about refreshing the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots and tyrants that Thomas Jefferson talked about.

Noooo, Don't pay any attention to that...This is the BOCO show!

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 08:50 PM

My comments have absolutely nothing to do with gun control.
It was in answer to the statement that overthrowing a duly elected government by 7% of the population was patriotic.It is nothing of the sort-it is terrorism.
Seems some people are thick between the ears.

Adolf Hitler never did anything illegal Boco. He just changed the laws to make it legal.

Read some history and see what % of the population activity participated in our skirmish with the British in 1776. Once you figure that out think about farmer with pitch forks taking on the most powerful military in the world.

It was about 7% and we won.

Don't worry Canada can sit back and continue to sponge off the US. No worries.

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 08:54 PM

You dont need to tell me about fighting the british.I spent a lot of time in the Republic in the early 70's and have a lot of relations that did their patriotic duty.Only thing-It was a lot more than 7% fighting for the cause-more like 99.9%.
And like gump said-thats all I'm gonna say about that.

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 09:00 PM

You dont need to tell me about fighting the british.I spent a lot of time in the Republic in the early 70's and have a lot of relations that did their patriotic duty.Only thing-It was a lot more than 7% fighting for the cause-more like 99.9%.
And like gump said-thats all I'm gonna say about that.

I didn't figure you would have much to say. wink

Re: New Federal license for guns - 03/24/20 10:40 PM

ttt
© 2024 Trapperman Forums