Home

mo dept of conservation

Posted By: Rockfarmer

mo dept of conservation - 03/24/20 06:45 PM

Just posted they are allowing people to fish without a license for next 3-4 weeks. Residents and non resident. What in the heck does that have to do with the corona virus?
Posted By: rex123

Re: mo dept of conservation - 03/24/20 07:04 PM

It is more than likely to give people who are out of work or kids off school something to do.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: mo dept of conservation - 03/24/20 07:11 PM

They say anything bout taking the limits off too? Asking for a friend.
Posted By: salemtrapper

Re: mo dept of conservation - 03/24/20 07:13 PM

Lol wt i doubt you get that lucky. Maybe the slot limit off truman that be nice.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: mo dept of conservation - 03/24/20 07:15 PM

Probably so the young guy that was making 10 bucks an hour at the car wash that shut down, can run a trot line and feed his kids without begging for food stamps
Posted By: Rockfarmer

Re: mo dept of conservation - 03/24/20 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteTrash 88
They say anything bout taking the limits off too? Asking for a friend.

Regular limits and regulations are the same
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: mo dept of conservation - 03/24/20 08:41 PM

Definatly makes more sense than a lot of whats going on like the corp shutting down their ramps on Mark Twain reservoir. . If fishing isnt promoting social distancing your doing it wrong . Im sure it prevents the agents from handling paper thats been in sombodys pocket or their telephone if the mo hunting app is used
Posted By: TRAPPER-ED

Re: mo dept of conservation - 03/24/20 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rockfarmer
Just posted they are allowing people to fish without a license for next 3-4 weeks. Residents and non resident. What in the heck does that have to do with the corona virus?

sounds like a trap to me ? lol I can see them come up to you and say it ended yesterday and give you a ticket , I do not trust them I need to see a date for sure
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: mo dept of conservation - 03/24/20 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by TRAPPER-ED
Originally Posted by Rockfarmer

sounds like a trap to me ? lol I can see them come up to you and say it ended yesterday and give you a ticket , I do not trust them I need to see a date for sure

Just buy your license Ed.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: mo dept of conservation - 03/25/20 03:29 AM

If your licenses were due on April 1st or a date near that and the offices were closed maybe that is part of it, although I would think there would be many license centers one could buy a license at.

Bryce
Posted By: cfowler

Re: mo dept of conservation - 03/25/20 04:45 AM

They have free fishing days and stuff like that anyways. I think the non-resident thing should be a reciprocal right, right? Probably not.

If someone is short on cash, it’s a little blessing to their life not having to purchase a license at this time. May get a few back into the sport of fishing or just taking more of interest outdoors. Parks and stuff are open. Lots of public fishing opportunities throughout MO that aren’t usually crowded. Been my experience anyways.
Posted By: il.trapper

Re: mo dept of conservation - 03/25/20 01:56 PM

At least you guys can fish. Idiots over here closed all state parks, lakes, and other state owned/operated areas. Said to many were gathering at the parking lots and boat ramps.
Posted By: headache73

Re: mo dept of conservation - 03/25/20 05:59 PM

I'm going snaggin this weekend. Hopefully I can find an open ramp
Posted By: Bigfoot

Re: mo dept of conservation - 03/26/20 02:07 PM

Where are you thinking of going head ache
Posted By: headache73

Re: mo dept of conservation - 03/26/20 03:40 PM

We went to the oar house east of Warsaw last weekend. Saw plenty on the screen but didn't get any hooked. I may go back there or to Roscoe Saturday, if the water is down a little
Posted By: ol' dad

Re: mo dept of conservation - 03/26/20 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bigfoot
Definatly makes more sense than a lot of whats going on like the corp shutting down their ramps on Mark Twain reservoir. . If fishing isnt promoting social distancing your doing it wrong . Im sure it prevents the agents from handling paper thats been in sombodys pocket or their telephone if the mo hunting app is used

Yeah, right.... I guess you haven't fished the spawn at Mark Twain lately. lol

ol'dad
© 2024 Trapperman Forums