Home

Hip boots/waders

Posted By: shortliner16

Hip boots/waders - 03/24/20 07:31 PM

Anyone have any recommendation for an affordable pait? I don't need "you get what you pay for" because a lot of time with chest waders anyway that's not always true.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/24/20 07:40 PM

The last two pair of hip boots I bought from Cabela's didn't hold up well, both developed leaks much sooner than the should have. Those were the "Guide Series" if I remember right. I'll go LaCrosse next time.
Posted By: rbsheadache

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/24/20 07:43 PM

I just bought prolines from Rogers Sporting Goods. 3.5mm Neo I like them and they are cheap
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/24/20 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by rbsheadache
I just bought prolines from Rogers Sporting Goods. 3.5mm Neo I like them and they are cheap

Proline is what I use. Cheap and get used Very Much. If I get a Barbed Wire or Beaver chew stick slice in them. Shoo Goo repairs perfect.
Posted By: shortliner16

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/24/20 07:52 PM

Those are chest waders. I have a good set of those but would rather not use them in the spring as I wont need to go more than knee deep.
Posted By: crane

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/24/20 08:42 PM

I've had good luck with the lacrosse trapline hip boots.
Posted By: Satchel25

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/24/20 09:55 PM

I use lacrosse trapline boots and waders from sterling fur. Not cheap, but do the job for me
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/24/20 10:03 PM

Snag em on something they all will leak depends on the amount of walking you do I have 2 pair of proline hipboots in the truck but their soft and I don't walk to far Compared to the old Hodgemans I wore most of my life They don't make a Good pair anymore
Posted By: timbremn

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/24/20 10:07 PM

I buy Cabelas think theyre called "White river" waders been really durable and they are priced well.
Posted By: cwtrapper

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/24/20 10:07 PM

I've always used lacrosse marsh hip boots with good results. Don't like the big chief though. Hard for me to get an ankle fit off. Too bad they are foreign made though.
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/24/20 10:08 PM

Got a pair of Dan's frogger chest waders this fall. Went through a lot of thorns and a barn wire fence or two with em. Only shows a couple frayed threads on the bib layer. Bit expensive and not the warmest but I'm not in water for letting me enough stretches of water to really get cold anyways.
Posted By: mushfoot

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/24/20 10:20 PM

lacrosse trapline hip boot i get 2 to 3 season out of them
Posted By: MINK I LOVE

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/24/20 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by shortliner16
Those are chest waders. I have a good set of those but would rather not use them in the spring as I wont need to go more than knee deep.

Sorry, forgot to say mine are Hip Waders
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/24/20 11:27 PM

Sniperbbb may be on to something i see F&T handles Dans there hip boots are sealed onto muckboots and there own brand good side is you can try on muckboots anywhere to check fit No they aren't cheap but cheap ones aren't that cheap either one more thing seems like they're putting tiny heels on them I have a pair of ranger knee boots good boot except for that half size heel maybe not a problem for others
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/25/20 09:55 AM

Not sure what material you want but if you want the rubber hips, I get the Pro lines from Duke. I particularly like the extra knee rubber pad for kneeling and they also make an insulated version for an extra $10. I've never had an issue with these boots and they have the typical free shipping over $100 from Duke. I don't care for the Pro line chest waders but I like the hips.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/25/20 01:36 PM

I hope they are made with better rubber then the stuff they use in regular boots today the newer boots don’t last me 6 months of steady usage. Some of you guys saying they last longer just how many months is a years worth of use.
Posted By: imiller

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/25/20 02:01 PM

Dans for me
Posted By: Wife

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/26/20 01:50 AM

I have a wide foot so I end up with hip boots that are 2 sizes too big to accommodate the width. Any type/manufacturer wider than the normal Lacrosse commercial fishing boots you know of?
Posted By: Ole

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/26/20 03:56 AM

Lacrosse Trapper hip boot. comfortable to walk distance and rubber is thick enough they stand up without straps. Good ankle support without being hard to get on and off.
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/26/20 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ole
Lacrosse Trapper hip boot. comfortable to walk distance and rubber is thick enough they stand up without straps. Good ankle support without being hard to get on and off.

X2
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: Hip boots/waders - 03/26/20 04:02 AM

I get the LaCrosse hip boots with 600 grams of insulation. Very good boots that wear well and are easily patched.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums