Home

Are we fighting a losing battle?

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 08:00 PM

And I am not talking about the Chinese virus. When I look back how many states lost their trapping rights and none of these rights have ever been reinstated. The constant threats to the the second amendment and the clout that hunters lost due to declining hunting numbers, etc. How are the liberal democrats winning so many congressional districts when they are against these rights. I think the biggest problem are the large number of hunters, trappers, gun owners that are voting for these liberals. I don’t think many of these liberal politicians would win if the these same voters would vote for their rights instead of against them. Then these same hunter’s, trappers, gun owners will complain when they lose these rights. I know a trapper that complains about losing his trapping rights but is going to vote straight democratic this coming Fall. And he is also a small business owner! On another site, a trapper is praising the Pelosi 1,400 page democratic Chinese virus bill and condemning the Republican’s bill. Nope, I think we are losing the war and I am now thinking how much money I can save if I stop trapping and spending on memberships and related donations.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 08:10 PM

Not all people are one issue voters.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 08:15 PM

Yes Grandpa you are correct. Hillary won popular vote 3 yrs ago. It was only the electoral college that saved our bacon. As the city populations grow, liberal numbers increase. It's just a matter of time. The next Dem that gets elected President will seal our fate.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Boco

A lot of them are .... Does the phrase " Free stuff " Ring a bell ??? To may people are willing to give up freedom for free stuff.
Posted By: scratch n dent

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 08:48 PM

You’ve lost the battle once you’ve lost. Until then, keep supporting your local trapping organizations, and vote wisely. There’s plenty of us “young” outdoorsmen who want to be about to trap, hunt, etc 50 years from now. Don’t let tomorrow’s worries rob you of your joy today, or your investment in the future. God is still in control, and that’s what I’m trusting in.

Just my .02 cents
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by scratch n dent
You’ve lost the battle once you’ve lost. Until then, keep supporting your local trapping organizations, and vote wisely. There’s plenty of us “young” outdoorsmen who want to be about to trap, hunt, etc 50 years from now. Don’t let tomorrow’s worries rob you of your joy today, or your investment in the future. God is still in control, and that’s what I’m trusting in.

Just my .02 cents

very well said young man.
Posted By: cmcf

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 09:09 PM

A lot of union people vote Democrat then wonder why their jobs get sent offshore.
Posted By: cfowler

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by scratch n dent

Just my .02 cents

Nice to hear!
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 09:20 PM

you're right...an awful lot of people will sell their Freedom dirt cheap.

me? I *AM* a one issue voter...I vote for FREEDOM above all else!
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 09:25 PM

We (conservatives) are losing Grandpa Trapper and I don't see that trend ever being reversed. Liberals have taken over education and have used it to propagandize generations of young Americans, to indoctrinate them to liberal ideology. Liberals own the media and use that very powerful tool to lead the ignorant masses in this Country, to force feed them opinions which they then embrace as their own.

And finally, liberals have figured out that many will trade freedom for a false sense of security and, even better, free stuff. And they use that to stay in power.

And while liberals have been busy doing all that, what have conservatives been doing? Do true conservatives even exist in politics anymore?

This business of shutting down the entire Country and tanking the economy over a flu virus has shown me that a shocking (to me) number of Americans are willing to just roll over and let he government dictate every aspect of their lives...in the name of public safety of course.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 09:28 PM

Lugnut,

liberals didn't "take over" education...we ceded control to them (there's more of us).

Malcolm X said "Only a Fool would allow his enemies to educate his children".

We are Fools!
Posted By: Posco

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 09:30 PM

Everything is probably not going to be okay. That's the view I hold.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by white marlin
Lugnut,

liberals didn't "take over" education...we ceded control to them (there's more of us).

We are Fools!

Do you think conservatives outnumber liberals in this Country?
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Lugnut
Lugnut,

We are Fools!

Depends on if people are honest with themselves. If you have people fill out a questionnaire with questions to identify what political philosophy you agree with, 80% or better would be conservative to libertarian if they answered honestly.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 10:19 PM

Lugnut,

We are Fools!

outside of the big cities?

absolutely!
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 10:33 PM

If Michael Bloomberg could find a pig that did not have bad breath he could get it elected in to office. It is being done every day in the real world. All you have to do is put enough money in the right circles. Just follow the money. That is not my opinion it is a fact.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 10:33 PM

I'm talking all Americans of voting age. If conservatives outnumber liberals why are we losing or barely winning elections?

Conservatives sitting on their arses on election days?

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 10:38 PM

Not many conservatives to vote for. 90% of the tea party candidates turned out to be frauds.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 10:42 PM

I'm talking all Americans of voting age. If conservatives outnumber liberals why are we losing or barely winning elections?

That would be my guess. Lots of folks don't vote. Now if .gov is your lively hood or .gov provides you goodies, those folks are going to be more vigilant voters. Wonder who the majority of these folks vote for.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 10:43 PM

90% of the tea party candidates turned out to be frauds.

Very true. Then you have the R's running Romney or McCain or read my lips Bush.

I wish more people would realize political partys do more harm than good

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 10:47 PM

bunch of trappers actively voting for gun-grabbers!

look at the red versus blue COUNTY map in any recent election...we aren't in the trenches (school districts) where we own the ground!
Posted By: MNCedar

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 10:50 PM

Liberals have taken over education and have used it to propagandize generations of young Americans, to indoctrinate them to liberal ideology. Liberals own the media and use that very powerful tool to lead the ignorant masses in this Country, to force feed them opinions which they then embrace as their own.

What is the difference between liberal education and conservative education in a public school?

If there is a difference, wouldn't conservative education then be propagandizing to a degree also? What is capable of propaganda other than perhaps a few literature choices? Book censorship is a fun topic...
Posted By: EdP

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 10:50 PM

Right now those with conservative values are losing ground, but that is no reason to stop fighting. We don't know what the future will bring as the Covid 19 virus has shown, and some unseen future event may result in a resurgence of conservative values. Only by giving up now do we lose for sure, so continue the good fight and stay hopeful for the future. As an example, look at the lines at gun stores in extreme liberal areas such as Ca and Mass. Those liberals who lined up to buy guns suddenly came to the realization that their gov't may not be able to protect them and took action to protect themselves. I don't think they will forget that lesson soon.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by MNCedar
What is the difference between liberal education and conservative education in a public school?

how about we just teach kids real history? maybe math? I think reading should be in there...

take at look at your kids' textbooks...you think it's NOT indoctrination?

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 11:12 PM

how about we just teach kids real history? maybe math? I think reading should be in there...

take at look at your kids' textbooks...you think it's NOT indoctrination?

I agree on real history....that was my point. Textbooks are scary, and it can go both ways. Why does it need to be liberal or conservative? How about just truth
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 11:22 PM

I agree on real history....that was my point. Textbooks are scary, and it can go both ways. Why does it need to be liberal or conservative? How about just truth

Like there are only two sexes?

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 11:25 PM

Yep, that's true. Two sexes.

Gender is where the discussion starts for some.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/24/20 11:48 PM

You can teach everything without having a political agenda.

When looking at history, especially at american history...I wonder how many people even remember that we had the Articles of Confederation before the Constitution?

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 12:02 AM

If we could just make the Constitution and the Bill of Rights mandatory in education, we’d have a different country IMO. Most “American’s” don’t understand that their rights require the assumption of responsibility for those rights.
Posted By: cat daddy

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 12:05 AM

Why are foreigners allowed to comment on politics of which they know nothing about? Asking for a friend.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 12:05 AM

Liberals have taken over education and have used it to propagandize generations of young Americans, to indoctrinate them to liberal ideology. Liberals own the media and use that very powerful tool to lead the ignorant masses in this Country, to force feed them opinions which they then embrace as their own.

If there is a difference, wouldn't conservative education then be propagandizing to a degree also? What is capable of propaganda other than perhaps a few literature choices? Book censorship is a fun topic...

Where did I write anything about a "conservative" education?

I agree with the above posters who said children should simply be educated.

If a student knows a teachers political leanings that is a bad teacher.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 12:11 AM

Cause its not against the rules Brainwave.
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 12:18 AM

Hard to beat free stuff!
Posted By: Co�s

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 12:23 AM

We're not going to come out alive by attempting to dominate the other side. What we need is acceptance. We accomplish that by educating folks that are on the other side or simply unaware sharing meat, fur, knowledge and friendship. You'll either gain an ally, recruit a new trapper, or find out their mind is made up and you move on.

I know hardcore liberal folks out here that would vote against an anti-trapping bill solely because they know that I trap, why I trap, what my wife and I do with the meat and fur (and we've had them over for beaver dinners), and that I'm not a raging jerk. That's how we stay alive.
Posted By: Buck (Zandra)

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:00 AM

The left are activists,the right tends to be complacent.Guns,trapping and hunting are traditions.When the left takes away our freedoms we kick and scream but hey,what do you expect?How many people on Trapperman belong to the NTA,FTA,and their state associations?I've seen this going on since the mid 70's when I first joined the NTA.A substantial number wont lift a finger to fight the anti's.And to this day I still hear people say"they can't do it here",ignoring all the states where they have done it.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:09 AM

It is not just the Left that is a threat to hunting and trapping the Right have been advocating selling off public land, that will do more as much damage to hunting and trapping as they left wants to do.

I do feel like we are losing the battle when it comes to hunting and trapping, public referendums have been a real wound.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:12 AM

Dont give up. The seeds the liberals have planted in states they have controlled for a long time are starting to produce fruit and I dont think most people are liking the taste of the fruit. Just keep pointing out California's problems and I think people will start opening their eyes.
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
It is not just the Left that is a threat to hunting and trapping the Right have been advocating selling off public land, that will do more as much damage to hunting and trapping as they left wants to do.

I do feel like we are losing the battle when it comes to hunting and trapping, public referendums have been a real wound.

I dont agree. But I bet it makes you feel better voting for the left.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:23 AM

I was a union member at one time (Longshoreman). I quit, what a disgusting bunch of thieving losers. Many of them were gun owners and outdoors-men yet still voted Democrat.
It was always the same old mantra "the Democrats are for the working man", that bunch of idiots could repeat the phrase but I doubt they could write or read it. They were really good a voting for whoever the Union told them to vote for.
It's too bad, but just because a person is a trapper/hunter/gun owner doesn't necessarily mean they are all that smart.
Posted By: Andy27

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by waggler
I was a union member at one time (Longshoreman). I quit, what a disgusting bunch of thieving losers. Many of them were gun owners and outdoors-men yet still voted Democrat.
It was always the same old mantra "the Democrats are for the working man", that bunch of idiots could repeat the phrase but I doubt they could write or read it. They were really good a voting for whoever the Union told them to vote for.
It's too bad, but just because a person is a trapper/hunter/gun owner doesn't necessarily mean they are all that smart.

Like it or not if there were no unions everyone’s wages would be a lot lower. They set a higher standard of living for union workers and non union workers.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:31 AM

X2 Andy-I was union all my working life-and always voted conservative,and so did most of the brothers.
You cant stereotype people.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:34 AM

^^^^^^^
I have heard that for years, I wonder if there is any conclusive proof of it. I'll bet the highest paid workers are not union members.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:35 AM

X2 Andy-I was union all my working life-and always voted conservative,and so did most of the brothers.

Boco, I agree, you can't stereotype people, but you can stereotype longshoremen.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:37 AM

That’s right. Same here. I see things both ways for sure, some on here may not believe that, but it’s the truth. Both party’s are to blame in today’s problems. The left has gone way to far left, and the same for the right.
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:39 AM

Didn’t take me long to realize the Union is nothing but another corporation that wants your money then says they don’t want to make waves and vote for Democrats. I’m not voluntarily paying anyone to tell me what to do, lol. The Unions of old are NOT today’s unions.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Didn’t take me long to realize the Union is nothing but another corporation that wants your money then says they don’t want to make waves and vote for Democrats. I’m not voluntarily paying anyone to tell me what to do, lol. The Unions of old are NOT today’s unions.

The small price I pay for union dues don’t even come close to the benefits that I gain. To each their own.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Andy27
The left has gone way to far left, and the same for the right.

I agree!

the right HAS gone too far to the left!
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by cmcf
A lot of union people vote Democrat then wonder why their jobs get sent offshore.

I think that is changing!
Posted By: vegasjim

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 02:11 AM

Boco would you vote for someone who would take away your guns?

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 02:20 AM

^^ This is part of voting on only one subject that doesn’t ever really change. Actually gun Regs have stiffened under this administration more, so they have changed a bit I guess.
Posted By: star flakes

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper
And I am not talking about the Chinese virus. When I look back how many states lost their trapping rights and none of these rights have ever been reinstated. The constant threats to the the second amendment and the clout that hunters lost due to declining hunting numbers, etc. How are the liberal democrats winning so many congressional districts when they are against these rights. I think the biggest problem are the large number of hunters, trappers, gun owners that are voting for these liberals. I don’t think many of these liberal politicians would win if the these same voters would vote for their rights instead of against them. Then these same hunter’s, trappers, gun owners will complain when they lose these rights. I know a trapper that complains about losing his trapping rights but is going to vote straight democratic this coming Fall. And he is also a small business owner! On another site, a trapper is praising the Pelosi 1,400 page democratic Chinese virus bill and condemning the Republican’s bill. Nope, I think we are losing the war and I am now thinking how much money I can save if I stop trapping and spending on memberships and related donations.

Gramps, do you believe in God? If not, then you can believe in history as it repeats itself. No people, whether it was Babylon, Israel, Rome, the Soviet Union survived when the exact same actions of debauchery and a few ruling the many against their will became dominant. The United States is experiencing a reset. You mentioned Coronavirus, but that is just the start of this reset. This going to come in waves and there will be more natural disasters and there is going to be another world war which will continue to sort this out.
The nature of physics is that nature deplores a collection of anything in great quantities, before it shatters that group and scatters it. Whether it is a melon rotting down to the garden or a nation like the United States, it is the way this all works.
We may not like it, any more than the decent remnant did, but if we do not live to see it, the people who are bright enough like our Founders were, will be there, either with Jesus or with another group to set things right in responsible liberty again.
This is how things get sorted out when any pandemic invades the body politic.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 02:35 AM

No I would not.But there are other hunters and trappers who vote left to protect their heritage and language and way of life.For some there are more important things to consider.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 02:59 AM

Boco, This may sound rude to a Canadian and I understand you're not part of our culture of freedom from oppressive governments. But you'll never understand that it's not one issue, it's all about a culture of trapping, owning guns to protect us from our government, free trappers as it were, not subservient, to the "Company". Your comment about about "one" issue means you don't understand that it's ALL the issue's we in the south are resisting, but this happens to be the focal point. You may be lucky that you don't understand fully and you're certainly lucky that you can still trap as you please. Many of us here can't do that and feel we're losing what we have held dear. So I'm not going to berate you like a lot on here have done, but all I can say is YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. Other than this I think most of your opinions on Trapperman are some of the most knowledgeable here,....... most.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 03:14 AM

They can trample a lot of my rights and I might tolerate it but coming for my guns puts me in a fighting mood. This isn't about crime, it's about control. As a sovereign human being, I intend to resist that at whatever cost they are willing to bear.
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 03:22 AM

Single issue for me is not guns, it's freedom. While the right is not perfect it's better than the alternative.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 03:46 AM

The bottom line for us is the loss of our freedoms.That loss generally comes from gov't involvement.Now what party advocates more gov't control over our lives?I didn't say the Republican party doesn't have its issues here,but by and large which of the two are we constantly fighting against?Which party grinds out a endless wish list of gun control,gun tax,ammo tax,etc.?As far as the public land debate,that issue has a lot of facets,too long to go into here.One thing I could never understand,if your a hunter/trapper/gun owner,why don't you try to change your party's positions?All I hear is denial that their party is anti anything.Its an easy thing to do to look up The Congressional Roll call and see who voted for what.Look at the ratio of what party is for and which one is against.That'll end your denial.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 03:47 AM

If you only knew the freedom we have here.Unfortunately you will never understand our freedom here.We have always had it I guess that's why we take it for granted and don't understand why you think you have freedom by having to go around armed.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 03:52 AM

Because this country has a distrust and skeptical view of politicians.Its well founded.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 04:32 AM

If you only knew the freedom we have here.Unfortunately you will never understand our freedom here.We have always had it I guess that's why we take it for granted and don't understand why you think you have freedom by having to go around armed.

We don't have to go around armed but we don't much like permission slips from people we'd rather not have ruling over us. People inhabiting government are transients, or at least they should be.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 04:55 AM

I

I remember when I was studying for my school counselor certification a number of years ago, one of my profs said if we go to a foreign country we will probably never understand their culture and way of life unless we were born and raised there. With that thought, I don’t expect to understand your ways Boco as well as I don’t expect you to understand our way of life.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 05:01 AM

Our constitution is the rulebook, politicians it's players and our courts the referees. Only so long as they serve the governed.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 06:47 AM

Boco, just a civics question (I don't know the answer). In Canada where do your rights originate from, in other words, who granted you your rights?

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 10:37 AM

Spot on. We're the free-est of the free nations on this planet and we just can't see that. Perfect? Of course not. But we've got it really, really good compared to most of the worlds population - brazenly corrupt governments, no freedom of speech, drug cartels, armed religious extremist militias raiding your homes. No public utilities, no clean water, no public education. Or even compared to countries in Western Europe which don't have those problems but where fish and game, hunting and fishing are controlled entirely by the wealthy elite, for the wealthy elite.

Can't think of anywhere other than the US and Canada which enjoys our level of freedom.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 11:13 AM

I wonder how many of you who are saying you will only vote to protect your gun rights, continue to give money to the NRA and voted for both McCain and Romney?

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 11:20 AM

Boco how about we round up the residents of inner city Chicago, Memphis, Atlanta, Birmingham, kc-mo, Compton, and deport them all to Canada. You can figure out how to live with them

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:02 PM

That would be violating their rights.
Waggler,Human rights are inherent from the creator.
No one "grants" human rights just tries to take them away.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:51 PM

When most of the self defined conservatives on this supposedly conservative site want free printed money, I think that answers your question;yes.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:59 PM

That would be violating their rights.
Waggler,Human rights are inherent from the creator.
No one "grants" human rights just tries to take them away.

Right answer!!
I was just wondering what Canada's legal philosophy is regarding where "Rights" come from?

The founding documents of the USA specifically acknowledge that our rights are granted by God our Creator.
Therefore only God is capable of taking our rights away; government can't.

Does Canada legal philosophy acknowledge the same? I believe in most Countries it is the government that grants rights; and takes them away.

It's unfortunate that the US education system is (deliberately I believe) not teaching the origin of our rights.
Posted By: Donnersurvivor

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dirt
When most of the self defined conservatives on this supposedly conservative site want free printed money, I think that answers your question;yes.

it took me a long time to realize people are inconsistent and mostly act in their own self interest and not by a set of morals and values.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 02:12 PM

^^^^^^
Conservative, government subsidized farmers being a prime example.
Just bring up the subject on this forum criticizing government ethanol mandates and subsidizing the industry that produces the corn required for ethanol production.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 02:14 PM

Who didn't think we're socialist to a point ?

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 02:17 PM

There's a fine line between promoting the general welfare and just plain promoting welfare.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 02:26 PM

I agree.

Donnor, I agree that people mostly act in their own self-interest, not according to a set of morals.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Grandpa Trapper

You are right.
I have a guy I hunted elk with for quite a few years. He is a staunch democrat. I asked him how he could vote for a party that wants to take away his right to own a firearm and supports abortion (he's a hard core Catholic)?

He says the gun lobby is too strong. You will never lose your right to own a firearm. I reminded him, they said the same thing in Australia.
And what about abortion? He said a woman should have a right to choose. So, politics are more important than your faith?

He said he doesn't allow a couple of issues to determine how he will vote.
I think this is the justification many of these people use.

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor

it took me a long time to realize people are inconsistent and mostly act in their own self interest and not by a set of morals and values.

I thought this was a trapping site, not a conservative politics site.

You honestly expect anyone to believe that morals and values don't serve the value holders self interest? And who's values are more important? The right can't believe the left wants to enact firearms legislation in the interest of reducing gun violence, yet remains pro-choice. Meanwhile the left can't believe the right holds the line on pro-life activism, holds negative feelings towards social safety nets and gun rights despite our recent mass shootings. Both of these positions have merit.
Posted By: danvee

Re: Are we fighting a losing battle? - 03/25/20 02:52 PM

Im betting over half the folks on this site don't even belong to an association, donate to one or will ever write a letter or go to a public meeting to support their rights.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums