Home

Now everyone has a hog problem

Posted By: Wolfdog91

Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/25/20 09:10 PM

Ok so I take it y'all have seen my post the other day on not being able to shoot hogs because my neighbors didn't want me shooting around the cows and house. Well fast forward to the last two days I've been trying to ask everyone for permission to shoot, you know the thing they told me not to do. And this has been the general dialog .
Me: hay so you know y'all got hogs rooting up the pastures right ?
Them : I sure do ! Dang things are tearing up all the grass and rooting up all my ground ,need to kill em all but they only come out at night ya know.
Me : Yeah well see I have a night vision scope and I can shoot them at night . I saw some the other night ( shows pictures )
Them : And you didn't shoot any?!
Me: Well no because y'all said y'all didn't want me shooting around the houses and cows for various reasons an....
Them: I never said that ! Who said I said that ?!
Me : smirk ..... ok well any way you mind me shooting these hogs at night now ?
Them: H$%l NO ! You should have been shooting them in the first place !!

So much for trying to be a good neighbor right? Now that ive talked ,everyone has a hog problem and I got folks wanting me to do welding work on their hog traps and apparently everyone is calling their brothers nephew's son to bring their .270 and a mag light out to try to"help me out " shoot at night. The best part is I've gone out from 7pm to 2am for the last few night and didn't see a one,can't find any new roots or rubs so it seems they packed up for a while but now everyone in a 2 mile radius of me is in hog erridication mode.

This k I'm just going to try and put a pig pipe or two out and try to fill my freezer when they loop back around and everyone has calmed down a peg.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/25/20 09:14 PM

If they wont let you hunt them, then they dont have a problem. As soon as they tear up something that hurts their pocketbook they suddenly will beg you to come kill them.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/25/20 09:17 PM

Sounds familiar. Everyone crying how much damage they do. Then they want money for shooting permission. I only shot hogs on public land after that. let em turn their places over, I'll look the other way. Here we don't have any " yet" but its just a matter of time I would think before they move on up to these parts as well.
Posted By: forestman3

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/25/20 09:30 PM

Was the water way up when you where seeing the hogs?When I was trapping in Mississippi last year and the water came up to the edge of the swamp it pushed the hogs up out of the swamps to the point we killed some during the day.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/25/20 09:48 PM

I’d set some hog traps and be done with it. No need to sit out all night hoping one will walk by. You guys are lucky though with all the hogs running around.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/25/20 09:52 PM

my hog problem went away when i quit drinking.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/25/20 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2

I believe that!!!!
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/25/20 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT

I believe that!!!!

I thought it was pink elephants. grin
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/25/20 10:10 PM

Those too!!!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/25/20 10:12 PM

When I was younger,,I spent a lot of my money on cheap whiskey and loose women.The rest of the money I wasted.
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/25/20 10:30 PM

Hope you get em Wolfdog!!
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/25/20 11:45 PM

You never know what will float someone's boat. I remember asking to trap a place I didn't think I would ever get permission for. The guy had several sections of grass and brought all the cows to his home place to calf leaving empty pastures (perfect).

I had just bought some Jake's and they were in the back of the pickup. He saw the rubber padded jaws and it opened up a conversation about the huge strides we have made in gear. I showed him some offset jaw traps with bug laminations, shock springs, and on drags. I went over the advantages of these mods with him.

I mentioned another neighbor who's German shepherd I had caught and drove back home and how it had been completely unharmed. He stated that he was impressed offered me permission to trap. With in the next few seasons he became one of my favorite landowners

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/28/20 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by The Possum Man
If they wont let you hunt them, then they dont have a problem. As soon as they tear up something that hurts their pocketbook they suddenly will beg you to come kill them.

Heck it's not even begging I'm basically getting cussed out for having not been already shooting. Honestly it's that way with about everything here for some reason, gotta wait till the problem gets big and almost done with before people will want help
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/28/20 06:03 PM

Robert makes a living trapping and shooting hogs In MS.
Posted By: Hanger

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/28/20 06:56 PM

Hold a hawg
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/28/20 07:02 PM

laugh

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/28/20 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Robert makes a living trapping and shooting hogs In MS.

These folks would wanna pay him what he's worth. And afer talking with him a little I can say the guy is worth alot

Re: Now everyone has a hog problem - 03/28/20 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Hanger
Hold a hawg

Cows
© 2024 Trapperman Forums