Home

Morel Time 2020!

Posted By: RM trapper

Morel Time 2020! - 03/27/20 01:56 AM

I went Sunday and found my first of the year about 24 morels, then this evening after work I went for about an hour and found 37. It's really early still so it'll just get better for the next month. If and when you find some post them up. Happy hunting [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/27/20 02:19 AM

Oh man! Making me jealous. The Boy saw me looking at the pictures and asked where you found them he said " I'll run all the way there!" Lol

Good deal!
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/27/20 02:41 AM

Good to see some folks finding them. I looked at some buck brush leaves today, they say another week or two. I may check my early spots in the next couple of days just to make sure. grin
Keep posting pics of them great finds and I will have my eyes trained for when they start popping here. smile
Posted By: cotton

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/27/20 02:49 AM

seems way early but maybe me and super pup need to take a walk tomorrow wink

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/27/20 02:50 AM

Andrew I usually don't start finding any until April and it's definitely not been that warm here but for some reason they are coming up early this year.
Trapsetter if you guys were closer I'd tell you to bring that boy down and we'd get ya a mess
Posted By: jctunnelrat

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/27/20 11:15 PM

Trap Setter stole my post! Yea, what Trap Setter said. How far South from Cleveland Ohio are you RM?
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/27/20 11:32 PM

Daughter brought.a.bowl home after work.
1 of the guys she works with brought them to her.
We ain't went yet.
Posted By: forestman3

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/28/20 12:18 AM

Are your may apples up?If they are how tall are they?I have never found them this early but I better go take a walk.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/29/20 01:24 PM

Mayapple is up about 3" and just starting to open up. We found a few more yesterday so I'm gonna grill some ribeyes and fry morels tonight [Linked Image]
Posted By: Cooncreek II

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/29/20 04:19 PM

Ribeyes and morels!!
It's not nice to torture us people like that grin Sounds good for sure
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/29/20 04:32 PM

I am amazed this early, can't wait till they are up around here.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/29/20 05:51 PM

Yea flipper it's early here too, most years it's around April 5th when I start finding some black ones but for some reason they popped early here this year. We haven't had much warmer weather than usual so I'm not sure what caused them to start sooner. Several years ago I found some on March 17th

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/29/20 05:51 PM

The ones we found yesterday were at 4,000 ft elevation so it was a shock they were up already
Posted By: gutthooked

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/29/20 05:55 PM

Any idea what the soil temperature is, always wondered if there is a magic number.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/29/20 06:20 PM

Maybe it was such an easy winter and the ground didn't freeze as far down or maybe not at all allowing it to warm up faster.
Posted By: il.trapper

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/29/20 08:32 PM

Not me, but others are finding them in southern Il. I seen two trucks parked on the side of a road at a popular spot for them yesterday and thought, "to early guys", got home and found out they are finding them here too. I wouldn't have thought it has been warm enough yet, but I reckon I'm wrong.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 03/30/20 01:49 AM

Yea it was a pretty mild winter with more rain than snow. Took the kiddos out for a bit today and we found a good mess of big black ones in the timber under tulip populars [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/01/20 12:36 AM

Took the boys put this evening and we found a little honey hole of black morels, they are calling for snow tonight so it'll slow things down for a bit [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/01/20 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by RM trapper
I went Sunday and found my first of the year about 24 morels, then this evening after work I went for about an hour and found 37. It's really early still so it'll just get better for the next month. If and when you find some post them up. Happy hunting [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nice haul!

We got another 1.5 - 2 months here.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/01/20 12:57 AM

Do you get many of the black ones up there in Wisconsin pike? We should start finding some of the big yellows in two more weeks
Posted By: cat_trapper_nv

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/01/20 01:02 AM

I’ve heard we have them in our mountains around Vegas, but have never seen anything on people looking for them. I’ll be going out in a couple weeks to shed hunt and will definitely be looking for morels as well.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/03/20 08:10 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/03/20 08:12 PM

I can't wait to get out and look for some morels, had a banner year last year hopefully I find a few this year.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/06/20 01:13 AM

Took the wife and the kids for a 7 mile hike today looking for mushrooms and we found a good mess of black ones. We've been eating fresh morels about every other day and we should have another month of picking. Anyone else finding any yet? [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Colter Benson

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/06/20 03:22 AM

I rarely have dreams at night, but most of the ones I do have are about morels. One of our favorite times of the year, good family time! At least another month wait here.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/06/20 03:26 AM

[Linked Image]
Not this year, end of the season last year. That's when our yellows start getting BIG. Little guy wasnt happy about something obviously. Pretty standard. grin
Posted By: Flint Hill fur

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/06/20 03:27 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/07/20 02:12 AM

Cool pics guys. Been finding mainly blacks so far but today at work my 9 yr old called me about hysterical saying daddy sissy just found some big mushrooms at the house. For the past two years I've been dumping the saltwater that I soak my mushrooms in and all the ones that get soggy out by a tree in our yard. Well today my 5 yr old happened to look down and there was some huge yellows growing. Never saw a mushroom here until I started doing this. Last year we got a few from there, but today we got 24 big ones in a 8ft area. Guess I'll keep dumping my water there [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Small double stemmed
Posted By: Matt28

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/07/20 02:21 AM

That's real cool RM. What kind of tree is it that they came up by?
real nice pics.
Posted By: jrogersredsox

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/07/20 03:10 AM

Third time out this year and my boy finally found his f irst mushroom. Only found 4 but he was happy and I was happy for him. Hope to find more in the next few days. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/09/20 01:49 PM

Hey Matt, been waiting on you to chime in. The ones on my property were under a pear tree, but most I've been finding so far have been under popular and ash trees and alot under Apple trees. We got a nice rain yesterday and found some fresh ones. Great job jrogers getting the boy out, I can still remember going with my dad and grandpa [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/09/20 05:13 PM

Looks like you are doing good RM. Everyone else good job also. This has been a tough year for me, probley only found 200 so far for the year.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/09/20 05:42 PM

We get Morels in Alaska but only in places that were burned the previous summer. If burns are close to a road system, folks get out after them in late may or June. Even hear of people doing commercial harvesting. Fairly short time to get them tho.
mt

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/09/20 06:12 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Davisfur

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/09/20 06:27 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Had crappie and morels for supper last Friday night and having the same thing tonight. I'm not going to be worth shooting after supper lol.
Posted By: WhiteTrash 88

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/09/20 06:48 PM

Ain't a better meal to be had than morels and specks !!
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/09/20 06:50 PM

Nice.Way to go.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/09/20 08:18 PM

Did you fill up that feed sack Davisfur? Nice haul for who ever did. I seen southern Oklahoma had a good year. Along with pot,Cleveland,Oklahoma, McCain, and Payne counties.
Posted By: Trapper Dahlgren

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/09/20 09:22 PM

we got a couple of months yet to wait
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/09/20 09:59 PM

Had crappie and mushrooms for super last night and leftovers for lunch today, best meal I know off. smile
Posted By: Davisfur

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/09/20 10:17 PM

Yeah Matt. I got invited on a South Canadian River mushroom hunt with some high school aged kids that I buy fur from. It was the best picking I've ever seen in my life. There were 2 grocery bags to go with the feed sack. The other pictures were of one's I've been finding around my place. Not having nearly as good a year as last year on my place.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/10/20 04:32 AM

We'll I had some Italian chicken, fried taters and fried up about 50 morels tonight. I'm going to go out tomorrow evening and see what I can find. We had some good rain last night so got my hopes up. Supposed to be 31° in the morning so we'll see
Posted By: amspoker

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/10/20 09:30 PM

Early here for me.

[Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/10/20 09:50 PM

I think the snow and cold here today will delay them this year

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/11/20 12:59 AM

Well I went out for about an hour today and hit a honey hole. Found 247

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/11/20 01:03 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/11/20 01:05 AM

That's a great find RM! Bet that was a blast.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/11/20 02:02 AM

The 3 ft. of snow in interior Alaska is delaying our morel pick!
mt

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/11/20 02:40 AM

Yea Matt, it's supposed to get down to 31° tonight so not sure if it'll effect it or not. Going to take the kids put tomorrow and see if we can find a few more. Martentrapper is say it's hard to find them in 3 ft of snow for sure. Lol

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/11/20 02:54 AM

In 2018 it got cold and we got a dusting of snow. The ones that I picked were frozen. I left some to see what would happen. When I came back I picked 75 that were new. The cold didnt hurt them as far as I could tell. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/11/20 08:46 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Finally made it out today and had near instant success had a great day out walking around, it's still early hopefully I can find a bunch this season.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/12/20 03:42 AM

Nice finds maybe it will be a awesome year for you

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/12/20 03:53 AM

Good find gutthooked. Yea Matt we had a good frost but after turkey hunting today I went and found some nice fresh ones under Sycamore trees next to the creek [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/12/20 03:58 AM

I found all of mine today under sycamore too. Rm you got some good ones too.
Think I'm going to try and dehydrate them . Anyone he ever try that and how long does it take?
Posted By: tjm

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/12/20 04:27 AM

[Linked Image]
4/6/20- these may be all I get this year; been out a couple times since and nada, saw several that were past using when gathering these,and it's gone dry now.
I should have been out in march I reckon

So, in all these years I've only found a couple morels on flattish ground and all the rest have been on steep side hills, why is that I wonder?

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/13/20 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by gutthooked
I found all of mine today under sycamore too. Rm you got some good ones too.
Think I'm going to try and dehydrate them . Anyone he ever try that and how long does it take?

I cut mine in half then dehydrate them till they are hard as a rock. If I remember right I think about 2 to 3 hours depending on size and type, the grey morels dry faster and keep better I think. They also taste better to me. Dehydrating works well if you dont plan to fry them. If you plan to fry then I would batter them lay on a cookie sheet and freeze then put in bags to fry later. When I dry them I use them in stews,chilli, hamburger helper, and other things I can just throw a hand full in.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/13/20 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by tjm
[Linked Image]
4/6/20- these may be all I get this year; been out a couple times since and nada, saw several that were past using when gathering these,and it's gone dry now.
I should have been out in march I reckon

So, in all these years I've only found a couple morels on flattish ground and all the rest have been on steep side hills, why is that I wonder?

I find the early one on south facing slopes then find some larger in the year on north facing slopes. I always thought it was because water couldn't stand on the side of the hill to drown them. Dont know for sure tho.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/13/20 07:48 PM

What kind of areas do you find them in? When you find some, will they come back in that same spot next year? I've looked but never found any in my woods.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/13/20 08:02 PM

I have the same spots that I pick every years some spors give up a few hundred a year and some 10 to 40 a year. In Oklahoma ash, elm, sycamore, cottonwood, cedar and fruit trees do the best. Around small creeks that dobt have major flooding do well for me. There is a web site morels.com that have most every state and people post there finds and talk about what trees and areas are doing good.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/13/20 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Matt28
I have the same spots that I pick every years some spors give up a few hundred a year and some 10 to 40 a year. In Oklahoma ash, elm, sycamore, cottonwood, cedar and fruit trees do the best. Around small creeks that dobt have major flooding do well for me. There is a web site morels.com that have most every state and people post there finds and talk about what trees and areas are doing good.

I'll check it out. Thanks.
Posted By: l1ranger

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/13/20 08:34 PM

about 2 dozen found yesterday, 4/12

a couple of blacks, half frees, and mostly smaller grays
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/13/20 08:38 PM

I sure wish I was better at finding them cause I'm really good at eating em

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/14/20 12:34 AM

Went and looked for a couple hours today.
[Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/14/20 12:35 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Got out for a bit tonite found a few, had some deer circling me tonite.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/14/20 12:36 AM

Great haul forestman!!!!

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/14/20 02:06 AM

Them are some real beauties forestman! What kind of trees were they around? Nice finds gutthooked that one is a pretty big mushroom.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/14/20 02:51 AM

I'm finding em around sycamore trees.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/14/20 04:17 AM

I find them next to all kinds of trees, but never in my life by a elm or ash, and those are what everyone says to look for. I'll tell you what I look for is squirrel trees. The mature trees that squirrels like to use are my focus, probably have found more next to water oaks than any other single kind of tree, but they are by sycamores and red cedars and black haw bushes and slap in the middle of a pasture too. The roots (and that's not what it is- the hairlike, root like mass is the real body of the mushroom) of a large patch may be decades old and produce every year, if weather cooperates. I did know of a 4'thick soft maple in a yard in town that made 20-40 each year for several decades, the tree was cut 6-8 years ago and my friend is dead now, so I don't know if the morels still come back or not.
And they say the grey morels are baby yellow morels- the things can get bigger every day for up to three weeks and turn lighter with sun exposure. Neat thing to look at- google up "time lapse morels" for 15-27 day videos of pencil size fungus getting to be big. If you find some that are pinkie size, flag them and come back every day to watch them mature.
I have a theory, unproven, that some kinds of trees create raised mounds with their roots, thus making an area that doesn't hold piles of leaves and has sun exposure that encourages the morel to fruit, the raised area being some what bare also makes it easier for guys like me to see the morels. The same thing is true on those side hills; leaves blow away leaving relatively open ground for me to hunt. I have wondered how many hundreds of them that I have walked past and never seen because of deep leaves around them?
Got 2+ inches of rain yesterday and cooled from 87 Fri down 32 this morning so maybe my season isn't over yet.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/14/20 09:53 AM

I found mine all under elm.I`m headed crappy fishing today and morel hunting tomorrow.It`s in the 30s right now but not suppose to be windy.After today its going to be windy,rain and cold for the next three days.Next week looks like the weather is going to be great,I sure hope so.Should make for some great morel weather and crappy fishing.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/14/20 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by tjm
I find them next to all kinds of trees, but never in my life by a elm or ash, and those are what everyone says to look for. I'll tell you what I look for is squirrel trees. The mature trees that squirrels like to use are my focus, probably have found more next to water oaks than any other single kind of tree, but they are by sycamores and red cedars and black haw bushes and slap in the middle of a pasture too. The roots (and that's not what it is- the hairlike, root like mass is the real body of the mushroom) of a large patch may be decades old and produce every year, if weather cooperates. I did know of a 4'thick soft maple in a yard in town that made 20-40 each year for several decades, the tree was cut 6-8 years ago and my friend is dead now, so I don't know if the morels still come back or not.
And they say the grey morels are baby yellow morels- the things can get bigger every day for up to three weeks and turn lighter with sun exposure. Neat thing to look at- google up "time lapse morels" for 15-27 day videos of pencil size fungus getting to be big. If you find some that are pinkie size, flag them and come back every day to watch them mature.
I have a theory, unproven, that some kinds of trees create raised mounds with their roots, thus making an area that doesn't hold piles of leaves and has sun exposure that encourages the morel to fruit, the raised area being some what bare also makes it easier for guys like me to see the morels. The same thing is true on those side hills; leaves blow away leaving relatively open ground for me to hunt. I have wondered how many hundreds of them that I have walked past and never seen because of deep leaves around them?
Got 2+ inches of rain yesterday and cooled from 87 Fri down 32 this morning so maybe my season isn't over yet.

Some that I have left grew a good bit and others I have left never did much. I dont know if a little grey will ever be a giant yellow, If it had all the right weather and moister it might. Most dry up here long before they can grow that big. I have seen little tiny yellows that have grown up to be big yellows. I kinda think there are 4 different kinds of morels.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/14/20 09:33 PM

Watch the time lapse videos and read about the DNA of morels. Lots of mythology around all mushrooms and more about morels than others.
About five years ago scientists had identified 22 species of morels in N America, each having a proclivity for certain trees or conditions, from what I gather the apple orchard variety won't take to elm or vice versa. But the mycologists change their opinions regularly,

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/14/20 09:54 PM

I watched the time laps, there pretty neat.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/15/20 01:49 AM

Took the kids out yesterday evening and we found some really nice ones. Some of the biggest we've ever found [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/15/20 01:52 AM

Nice job!!

I started to dehydrate my morels this year to preserve them longer.
What do you guys do?

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/15/20 01:54 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Zoom in on the last pic and you'll see several

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/15/20 01:55 AM

I have been freezing some the past couple years. I've got 300 in the fridge and we are going g to freeze a bunch of them tomorrow

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/15/20 02:39 AM

Nice finds RM. Them look very tasty.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/15/20 02:51 AM

Yea Matt we've been eating them about 4 nights a week and I'm still not burnt out on them yet

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/15/20 03:01 AM

I think my daughter likes them more then I do.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/15/20 03:17 AM

Rm trapper when they get that thick you really got to watch where you step,I really hate stepping and smashing a big ole morel.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/16/20 04:29 AM

[Linked Image]post oak tree
[Linked Image]different post oak tree, stump was red oak
[Linked Image]30+ of these little ones in a baby dog wood thicket under a black gum tree these have been recurrent for about 30 years that I know of.
Three others under a red oak, hidden by mayapple.
All northwest slope.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/16/20 10:54 AM

I struck out last nite in a new spot but did find a empty old purse along a stream and a empty old Corona extra case.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/16/20 11:27 AM

Nice finds Tjm. Pretty cool to see them around oak, I find some around oak but not many.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/16/20 04:59 PM

Most that i find are around oaks, Matt28. In past discussions on here, when many were saying all around elm or ash, i questioned a few folks closely about why I have never found a single morel near either and it turns out that it is only certain species of elm or ash that support morels so very well and it also turns out that those species of elm and ash aren't the kind of elm and ash that grow here. Recent DNA discoveries that each species of morels is particularly adapted to certain trees/conditions explains some of those questions. They are where they are. Out west they only occur after a burn it seems.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/18/20 01:19 AM

TJM I find most here in East Tenn under Apple , popular and Sycamore trees. Down at lower elevation where there's some elm they also produce. Found a good batch today but some were burnt from the heavy frost we've had the past two days. Had fried morels with filet mignon and a sweet potato for supper. Life is good [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/18/20 01:35 AM

Roughing it wink

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/18/20 02:43 AM

Have you been finding any flint hill?

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/18/20 02:50 AM

It's been dry and cold an windy. Haven't really had time to look lately.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/20/20 11:30 AM

Found some yesterday.This week should be good. [Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/20/20 06:06 PM

That's a great haul forestman, im still finding them here but I think they are about finished here, may have another week or so

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/20/20 06:09 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/20/20 06:28 PM

Them are still looking good RM. How many have you found so far?
Posted By: 2020

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/20/20 06:54 PM

You Talking to Me ?

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/20/20 06:54 PM

Hey Matt I've found a little over 1300 so far

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/20/20 07:40 PM

1300 is great! What numbers did you have last year? If you kept count.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/20/20 11:59 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Found a few tonite after work, I let a few small ones out in the woods. I'll take my dad out there later this week to get em, It's a easy walk for him.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/21/20 03:42 AM

Nice gutthooked. Matt I found over 1500 last season. I still have a little time left to get them in the higher elevations, so we'll see what I can come up with

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/21/20 11:23 AM

Well good luck everyone, hope the season is great.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/23/20 03:02 AM

Still finding some here [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/23/20 03:16 AM

Still early here in northern nebraska. Checked one of my honey holes tonight. Pretty quiet yet. Could use a shot of rain and another week of warm temps.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/26/20 01:43 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Had a great day today found the ones in the pan this morning and the ones on the newspaper this evening. Found 3 different rat snakes out sunning themselves. I did find 3 morels under the one snake. Seems like there starting to take off here. Found a good many doubles today.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/28/20 12:57 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Had another good evening looking for morels. Hopefully the rain stays away so I can get out some more this week

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/28/20 01:09 AM

Great pics gutthooked. Looks like some nice morels.

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/28/20 01:25 AM

Yes they are, I been dehydration them to preserve them. I gotta pick up a couple of nice rib eyes and test drive these things.....
Posted By: skippyturtle

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/28/20 09:29 AM

[Linked Image]
found a few and sheds while turkey hunting

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/28/20 01:36 PM

Nice, sheds are always a welcome find.
Posted By: scrapper

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/28/20 02:09 PM

Their just starting in my area. Got 18 yesterday. Lots of small ones I left. Does any of you guys know how fast they do grow?

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/28/20 02:15 PM

Still getting a good amount here. Been a great season [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Great pics too guys

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/28/20 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by scrapper
Their just starting in my area. Got 18 yesterday. Lots of small ones I left. Does any of you guys know how fast they do grow?

When I leave small ones I usually come back in about 3 to 4 days depending on the weather. If it's hot and dry I don't leave them long.
Posted By: scrapper

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/28/20 03:23 PM

thanks

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/28/20 03:55 PM

growth is dependent on on weather and the fungus. seen them grow inches over night and not grow at all in a week. i usually leave them a few days

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/28/20 04:02 PM

[Linked Image]
i left 7 blacks

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/29/20 12:58 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Today's find, a little bit bigger this time

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/30/20 01:20 AM

Took a walk today and found some bigger ones.Have had a great season this year.Have given lots to some older people that have trouble hunting them anymore. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Hern

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/30/20 01:33 PM

Friend sent me pic on Saturday, 4-24-2020.
Bedford County, Pa.
His son and friend pick about 500 Saturday.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hern

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/30/20 01:35 PM

Yesterday, I picked 29
Snyder County, Pa.
Should be good hunting next week. Yab-a Dab-a-Do
[Linked Image]

Venison Backstraps & Morels-
[Linked Image]

Re: Morel Time 2020! - 04/30/20 01:37 PM

Well looks like Pennsylvania is having a great year as well as Tennessee. I know I am ready to do it again already.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums