Home

Trash Pump ready for watering

Posted By: snowy

Trash Pump ready for watering - 03/27/20 04:29 PM

I bought a trash pump last fall and had some great advice from folks here. I'm putting some finally touches for watering about 50 trees I'm going to plant at the ranch. I will suck from a creek that is open and fill a 500 gallon tote that I can attach a garden hose too. I have a suction strainer that fits on the end of the 2 inch but made a 5 gallon bucket strainer that will go around the strainer at the end of the 2 inch hose. A strainer inside a strainer type thing. In the next few days I will fill that 500 gallon and be ready for planting in a few weeks from now. I mounted the trash pump on an old lawn mower frame for east moving and getting to the remote area for watering.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Trapset

Re: Trash Pump ready for watering - 03/27/20 04:37 PM

That looks awesome! I should do something similar to pull from the river. Good luck with the trees!
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Trash Pump ready for watering - 03/27/20 04:39 PM

Have pump will travel !

That vibration ought to get the worms to moving.
Posted By: illinideer

Re: Trash Pump ready for watering - 03/27/20 04:41 PM

That smart thinking on mounting it to your lawnmower frame. I was using my jet sled this winter to drag mine out to my friends goose pit to pump it out.
J
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Trash Pump ready for watering - 03/27/20 05:05 PM

Yeah, but it would be even cooler if you could mow and pump at the same time lol. Looks great snowy and quite ingenious!
Posted By: Allan Minear

Re: Trash Pump ready for watering - 03/27/20 05:24 PM

Keep a ratchet strap or two handy in case the vibration breaks the zip ties.

Re: Trash Pump ready for watering - 03/27/20 05:42 PM

Allan, that is a good idea. I got to check I do have it tied down with zip ties and I think I got a couple bolts through unit and decking. Thanks for the heads up on that because it would save me a lot of time if I wasn't prepared for what could happen.

Re: Trash Pump ready for watering - 03/27/20 09:43 PM

I'd also put some Rector Seal on any joints that will have water going through the fitting since I see the galvanized insert coupling granted it maybe fire hose thread which is very coarse but a thin layer of it can't hurt.

I'd also suggest some sort of rubber grommets or something made of rubber to act as a dampener for any of the vibration that I'm sure will happen to one degree or another some 1" pipe insulation may work split it then wrap it then tape it down with some electric tape.
Which maybe tough on the plastic wheels .

Re: Trash Pump ready for watering - 03/27/20 10:13 PM

Allan I checked no bolts through unit to decking. I thought about vibration and was thinking I should of did like you said. I will put some rubber between decking and frame work of pump. I put tarp straps for additional securing pump to decking and I think that will work. There is a lot of movement when unit is run in the wheels and will rock with motion of motor running.
Thanks again for all the tips from your experience.

Re: Trash Pump ready for watering - 03/27/20 11:26 PM

Anytime just wait until you see the bill ha ha !
Allan

Re: Trash Pump ready for watering - 03/27/20 11:32 PM

^ Lol! Ya, nothing is for free not even advice.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Trash Pump ready for watering - 03/27/20 11:46 PM

Trees in our country don't come easy. I have trees that are thee foot tall that are 20 years old. I do water them, just not enough. A lot of trees I plant live 6-10 years then die. The one I really like are apple trees that live about 6 year and never put on a apple, and die. They die and I start over digging a bigger hole every time. I have one tree that has produced 25 gallons in a season, so I know it can be done.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums