Home

What would you do?

Posted By: Jim H

What would you do? - 03/28/20 01:54 AM

If you received this??

[Linked Image]

I have mixed feelings. Yes, stay away from people, but what if you're caught driving a country road in your car?
Posted By: Marty

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:06 AM

As long as your still at home while driving on the county road you will be ok.

But since that is not possible you will be violating the quarantine and placing others at risk.
Posted By: 30/06

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:11 AM

Can you drive to town for groceries, pharmacy, etc.?
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:13 AM

How does the county know this about you?

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:28 AM

Not sure Bout any of these question! A former coworker was sent home with a 101 fever and posted this on Facebook. Mayne her employer sent a notice?

If I stay in my car, how am I a risk to anyone???
Posted By: Teacher

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:31 AM

Well, somebody in your family group was identified as being in close proximity to someone diagnosed with covid-19. The health authority has your email address and they’re telling you to quarantine in place.

Minnesota has been on sort of a lockdown for the last 10 days. We can go out for groceries, medicines but little else. It’s a pain but I think it’s helping keep our numbers down. As of right now, we have about 400 laboratory confirmed cases and just 2 deaths in the state.

New York State has many times this number because of your state’s big city and state population. I’d stay put if I was you. It’s the law but it’s also good policy. Your state isn’t messing around with this and you shouldn’t either. Getting sick with this virus could be a cake walk but it could lay you up. N.Y. Hospitals are strapped for equipment and supplies right now. This is very serious for a lot of people and it really could be for you, too. So, stay home. Read some books. Clean your traps. Watch YouTube trapping videos until your eyes bug out. It’s only going to be for a couple weeks. Your a man. You can do this.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:31 AM

The word "possible" is key......everyone in the country is "possible"
Posted By: Marty

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:41 AM

Why drive somewhere to stay in your car?

Might as well stay home. If you drive somewhere you usually get out of the car at some point.....This is transmitted via surfaces that people touch as much as it is via close personal contact.

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:42 AM

Teacher... good answer and I agree. But what if you got stir crazy at home and went for a drive? The state of NY Iis not all skyscrapers. Where I live I could drive for an hour and not be in a big city.

To be clear, this wasn't sent to me. I'm not court ordered. I do work for the state and have been working from home. And agree with it. I have not been out for over a week now and plan to keep it that way.

Just wanted opinions. If someone goes for a drive, stays in the car the entire time and goes right home, is there a public risk? If pulled over they could face.charges!

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:44 AM

Marty, just asking. I've been home for just over a week, just driving in to the country with the windows down sounds kinda nice right now!
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:44 AM

I go to the woods and cut firewood every day. I harm nobody.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:46 AM

Maybe you should report all the folks You have come in to contact with. Imagine, just by throwing out someone's name you can get people quarantined and forced to stay here me or get arrested? Wait, where are they going to put you if arrested?
mt

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:47 AM

Same Gary. I have land, I can go out and work on my food plot, deer blind etc.... but if you were ordered to stay home and didnt have land to go to, would you risk a "joy ride"?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:49 AM

You shouldn't have to have papers to travel freely if your a citizen of these United States of America. Nor should you not be allowed to assemble. Better to be free and take a chance on getting sick, than it is being well but a slave.
I say just use common sense but I reckon the state of New York might see it differently.
Posted By: Boco

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:50 AM

What if your homeless.
Just tell them the wife threw you out.

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:51 AM

Lol Martintrepper! They'll be out in an hour ... ny bail reform law! Good idea though, be right back, I have people to "report"!

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:52 AM

Bosco. If your homeless, how would you get the notice? I guess they're exempt.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 02:56 AM

Stay home if you want, if not then file a writ of habeas corpus and make them prove they have reason to detain you against your will. You still have the right to due process when being quarantined.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 04:41 AM

The wording "you or a family member" seems strange to me. You would think they would notify you by mail and be much more specific if the message was legitimate.

Keith
Posted By: DWC

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 06:06 AM

Feels like a bs prank
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 07:56 AM

I would contact Tioga County Health , by phone, and ask for the name of the person who was a concern. If they cant give you a name there is a problem. If they tell you what it is they are talking about it, I would stay in the house for a couple weeks. Have my kids bring me fresh milk or whatever and just set it on the porch.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 11:09 AM

A random email from the county is not good enough. If they want me under quarantine, they had need to contact me directly with names and details. I'd go about my business as usual.
Posted By: EdP

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 12:10 PM

Given the seriousness of the situation and that the directions provided were explicit and clear, if you have to ask what you should do perhaps you should check yourself for a fever. It appears you are having trouble focusing and understanding crystal clear directions.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by EdP
Given the seriousness of the situation and that the directions provided were explicit and clear, if you have to ask what you should do perhaps you should check yourself for a fever. It appears you are having trouble focusing and understanding crystal clear directions.

Yes! Just follow directions from your overlords and don's ask questions! Shame on you for questioning the intelligence and decision making of your benevolent rulers!
Posted By: EdP

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 12:51 PM

I like Danny's suggestion to contact the health dept for specifics, but once it's verified to be applicable to the recipient, driving around on country roads creates an unnecessary risk to others. A flat tire, other breakdown, or an accident could easily bring an infected person in contact with another person or persons.
Posted By: teepee2

Re: What would you do? - 03/28/20 03:56 PM

So who was it you OR your family member? It said you OR your family member has to remain in quarantine but it doesn't say which one of you. I agree sounds like B.S.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums