Home

Franchi Affinity turkey choke recommendations

Posted By: Choo

Franchi Affinity turkey choke recommendations - 03/29/20 03:04 PM

Anybody out there got a franchi affinity 3, 12 gauge 26 inch barrel? Just bought one and looking for a place to start on turkey chokes. Probably be shooting long beard xr 3inch ammo. Found some decent reviews on the Carlson long beard choke .660 and Indian Creek .665. Just looking to save myself some time and money.

Re: Franchi Affinity turkey choke recommendations - 03/29/20 11:03 PM

TTT
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Franchi Affinity turkey choke recommendations - 03/29/20 11:28 PM

Same as a Benelli choke most are that come from Italy ?
Posted By: DWC

Re: Franchi Affinity turkey choke recommendations - 03/30/20 12:52 AM

What chokes came with the gun?

Re: Franchi Affinity turkey choke recommendations - 03/30/20 01:19 AM

Came with m,ic,and full. Full just didn't have enough pellets out there at 40 yards. Thought id see if anyone on here had pattern tested a franchi with some turkey loads.

Re: Franchi Affinity turkey choke recommendations - 03/30/20 01:45 AM

Try other brands of ammo and other size shots before you go for a different choke.
Posted By: claycreech

Re: Franchi Affinity turkey choke recommendations - 03/30/20 01:57 AM

Indian Creek chokes.
Look up the turkey patterning competitions with the NWTF.
They are hard to beat.
I’ve been shooting one for year’s

Re: Franchi Affinity turkey choke recommendations - 03/30/20 02:23 AM

Looks like it has the Benelli mobil type of chokes you may have a hard time looking for the same choke under the Franchi name so go with that info when searching for one.
Posted By: DWC

Re: Franchi Affinity turkey choke recommendations - 03/30/20 02:36 AM

What law dog said. Mine is a dedicated turkey gun, came with the mossberg turkey choke. I shot several shells and landed on some 3.5 inch supreme 6’s. Nothing was high end that i tried, all lead low end turkey loads, but it throws a great pattern and ive shot 10-11 birds dead, a couple in the mid 40’s mark. Just one of those was spooked and leaving, i got a little over anxious and took the other one before i needed to. The longer i shoot turkeys the more i realize the high end shells and chokes might equal one extra bird once every several years. I like getting birds inside 20-30 yards, and it usually happens by just shutting up and letting them looking for once theyre on their way. Good luck this season.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums