Home

CONSIDER THIS!!!!

Posted By: Bogmaster

CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/29/20 11:54 PM

To those that consider everything an over reaction to the corona virus---and to those that bring up how many die from the regular flu and other ways death takes place.
Do these other things--kill all these health care workers??Do they scare the heck out of all our doctors?? Do they stretch the hospitals to the point of near breaking??
Do they infect so many of our law enforcement personnel ??
I sure can't remember it happening--Can you??
Tom
Posted By: Sharon

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/29/20 11:58 PM

No sir.

As that video posted on another thread showed so well, this is NOT a flu. It is something "novel" -brand new and highly contagious.

Everyone needs to see that video. It will be the measuring line for all info.

Numbers are baseless if the one is suffering, whom you love more than life itself, tires out, and you are torn asunder in inconsolable grief.
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:05 AM

No SIR I can't remember this ever happening. And I feel the safest on my property. But I'm still working, but not around alot of people. So I do my 10 hours and come home.
Posted By: taser

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
To those that consider everything an over reaction to the corona virus---and to those that bring up how many die from the regular flu and other ways death takes place.
Do these other things--kill all these health care workers??Do they scare the heck out of all our doctors?? Do they stretch the hospitals to the point of near breaking??
Tom

where are seeing all the health care workers dying? everytime I try to look it up it references Italy
Posted By: white17

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:14 AM

Tom

We don't usually resort to USN Hospital ships either or temporary tent facilities in parking lots

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:18 AM

Taser,Fox news is where I get a lot of my information--Not cnn.
TOM
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tom cat
No SIR I can't remember this ever happening. And I feel the safest on my property. But I'm still working, but not around alot of people. So I do my 10 hours and come home.

Originally Posted by white17
Tom

We don't usually resort to USN Hospital ships either or temporary tent facilities in parking lots

X2

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:24 AM

TOM

and they are reporting how many deaths of health care workers? as I said I googled it and all I found for reference was stats out of italy

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:27 AM

They aren't broadcasting it right now, but have several times.
Be sure to read the running lines at the bottom of the screen.
Tom
Posted By: Sharon

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by taser
TOM

and they are reporting how many deaths of health care workers? as I said I googled it and all I found for reference was stats out of italy

Yes they do. It's changing all the time in updates, so going with the flow is needed.
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:30 AM

I posted this in another thread: Its a virus! Immunity after exposure is the only "cure." A vaccine will facilitate this. Other meds may inhibit virus reproduction but it ain't going away completely. There is no cure for any virus. Mutations also occur in viruses.....Example: type A flu, type B flu, etc, etc. This one will mutate in time...and another vaccine will be needed.....after the first one they're developing now.

If you dont get this this time around, you will next season....or the next. It's not going away. It is a coronavirus as is the flu and the common cold.....they are always present and thrive in certain environments and temperatures. ...hence the term "flu season." COVID19 will always be present from now on and will spread to those with no immunity every "season" from now on. Or, the mutated version will in years to come.

I'm no med professional, but have read/learned about many wildlife diseases (viruses) over the years. This one is spreading and reacting in the same ways.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:37 AM

It seems the ones that believe that it’s personal in some way and that’s 100% true to them but others that look at it different are the ones that are doing everything to not get it I guess but neither are 100% safe from it we all know that. Unless your bunker safe and have zero contact with the world the risk is out there but we all need food, gas and have people we will run into.

I’m a high risk person not because of my age more so then I have a history of everything going to my lungs when I do get sick and I believe this will be the death of me someday I truly believe that. That said I understand I have little control really so worrying about it every minute just ain’t me to busy living to practice dying while I’m kicking.

The numbers are there and change everyday so who knows where it all ends down the road but who do you believe the MSM, CDC, Trump? The head guy seems to be level headed with no agenda and not afraid to clear things up that arise.

So you folks that want to worry about it 24/7 go for it I understand that no problem but until it’s a major problem I will be careful in everything I do but when work calls I will go. No disrespect to others point of view just expect the same for my way of thinking.

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:37 AM

okay...……….
Posted By: KeithC

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:38 AM

One of the main reasons the flu and common cold are more common in cold weather is that homes and businesses are drier, from being heated, and the mucous membranes in your nose shrink, making them less effective at blocking bacteria and viruses.

Keith

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:41 AM

Keep in mind Taser has been posting threads then getting upset he’s not hearing exactly what he want to hear best not to take him seriously I don’t think he is doing that for others.

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:42 AM

LOL--Keith, you are going to start a run on nose plugs and cotton balls. Gotta go--I am going to hurry up and corner the market.
Tom
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:47 AM

Tom

1800 people die everyday from heart disease . If the news posted faces and stories about them every day and night on the news , people would start to freak . Some would come unhinged and many would kill themselves

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Law Dog
Keep in mind Taser has been posting threads then getting upset he’s not hearing exactly what he want to hear best not to take him seriously I don’t think he is doing that for others.

funniest post I have read in a while
Posted By: Boco

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:48 AM

It will never be a problem again after the initial spread and infection.It is a new virus with no barriers to spread.This is the problem.It spreads fast and infects nearly everyone.The next time around it will be much less virulent and only infect very few people compared to the initial pandemic.
The next pandemic will be another new animal virus.Not any that have already produced herd immunity.
Posted By: scotts

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:07 AM

I remember the constantly updated icons counting the number of US soldier deaths at the bottom of every news screen during the Bush years. I also remember those little icons quietly disappearing without explanation the day after Obama took office.

I am reading the news like everyone else. I am also reminding myself with each sensational story that the media is selling something.
Posted By: AJE

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by taser
Originally Posted by Law Dog

funniest post I have read in a while

Funny wasn't a thought that came to mind. Humor is hard to come by lately, so I guess if that's considered funny then that's maybe ok
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Boco
It will never be a problem again after the initial spread and infection.It is a new virus with no barriers to spread.This is the problem.It spreads fast and infects nearly everyone.The next time around it will be much less virulent and only infect very few people compared to the initial pandemic.
The next pandemic will be another new animal virus.Not any that have already produced herd immunity.

Sorta like influenza is not a problem?
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:19 AM

The big thing to me as I work for a hospital is that a lot of the fear is due to the fact it spread fairly quickly worldwide with some thoughts that it has been in the USA since November and that there isnt any tried and true treatments for this virus as of yet. A few things are in the works like the malaria cure and some possible vaccines. The vaccines probably wont be ready for a year or so depending on testing and FDA approval. If the malaria cure does work universally, its still going to be a few months before it can go into mass distribution.
Posted By: amspoker

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:22 AM

I think we need some first hand experience here.

Would any Aztecs please give their two cents?

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:24 AM

The malaria cure is not a cure for the virus.
It seems to be helping those that have gotten the virus.
Some are under the impression that is the virus cure all.
Tom
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:28 AM

Is a cure and a vaccine the same or are they different?
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Originally Posted by Boco

Sorta like influenza is not a problem?

Bozo is not a doctor,,but thinks he is cause he spent the night at a Holliday Inn Express last night. grin

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:31 AM

Read what I wrote again,I identified the problem-your assumption is incorrect.

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:33 AM

A vaccine helps to prevent you from getting a disease--it is not a cure ,but more of a preventative.
Tom
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

Completely different. A vaccine trains your immune system. A cure does is something that fights the virus off when your body fails to do so.

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:34 AM

A vaccine helps to prevent you from getting a disease--it is not a cure ,but more of a preventative.
Tom

Makes sense. Thanks!

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB
Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

Completely different. A vaccine trains your immune system. A cure does is something that fights the virus off when your body fails to do so.

Thanks!
Posted By: Teacher

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:39 AM

I read and heed what Dr Anthony Fauci says. He gives us the data in a fact based way. If he says stay put, wash your hands often, and stay 6-ft from people, I’m listening.

I never claimed to be a doctor,but unlike you I can read with a modicum of comprehension.
Posted By: Wanna Be

I know a few healthcare and public servant workers that have it and those that have recovered said it’s NO joke. Your basically trying not to drown in your own mucus. If they hadn’t been in the hospital they would have definitely died. Hopefully none of us on here get it.
Posted By: Eyehi

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by KeithC
One of the main reasons the flu and common cold are more common in cold weather is that homes and businesses are drier, from being heated, and the mucous membranes in your nose shrink, making them less effective at blocking bacteria and viruses.

Keith

^^^^ .... This is a very important fact ..... We purchased a whole house humidifier and have not been sick since .... I was told the flu cannot live in over 40% humidity ....

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 02:29 AM

Talk about the use of plasma from those that have recovered from the virus that could be something to look into as a cure route.
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Teacher
I read and heed what Dr Anthony Fauci says. He gives us the data in a fact based way. If he says stay put, wash your hands often, and stay 6-ft from people, I’m listening.

I guess you weren't listening to him early on, when he pretty much called this virus a nothing burger. Nothing to worry about.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by white17
Tom

For real people. Please put the tin foil caps away and understand and do your part to try and prevent the spread.

See you next season!
Posted By: waggler

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 06:58 AM

Now is when those people who refrained from unhealthy lifestyle like; over-eating, smoking, excess alcohol consumption, etc, will reap the rewards of staying healthy.
Apparently compromising any of your internal organs -particularly lungs, heart, liver and kidneys- make you much more susceptible to dying from complications of CV-19.
Posted By: EdP

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 12:19 PM

Swampwolf said
I posted this in another thread: Its a virus! Immunity after exposure is the only "cure." A vaccine will facilitate this. Other meds may inhibit virus reproduction but it ain't going away completely. There is no cure for any virus. Mutations also occur in viruses.....Example: type A flu, type B flu, etc, etc. This one will mutate in time...and another vaccine will be needed.....after the first one they're developing now.

This is true of the flu virus and of some other viruses, but there are also many for which it is not true, Examples include chicken pox, small pox, measles, mumps, and polio. These have NOT mutated such that the immunity obtained from exposure or from a vaccine isn't effective in preventing future cases in an individual. We don't yet know if Covid 19 will mutate and become seasonal like flu. Dr Mark Segal said a couple of days ago that it appeared Covid 19 does not appear to be mutating, at least at this point. Seems very early to tell but he has more info and knowledge than I do.

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by 52Carl
Originally Posted by Teacher

I guess you weren't listening to him early on, when he pretty much called this virus a nothing burger. Nothing to worry about.

You mean when they only had 20 deaths.

Re: CONSIDER THIS!!!! - 03/30/20 06:16 PM

It was a nothingburger at first-now its a quarter pounder with cheese whopper.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums