Home

Post some good news please

Posted By: tlguy

Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:16 AM

Lots of negativity in the world right now, let's get a post going with positive news. Whether it's something good you saw or did or that happened to you, or a positive story you saw on the news.

I'll get it started with one you probably didn't hear about, concealed carry stops a potential mass shooting in Tulsa.

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/ma...a-police-say/XCNRFAWGLJBGTODOIPSRS4TDV4/
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:19 AM

Wife has not tried to kill me yet! Check back tomorrow for any changes.
Posted By: charles

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:20 AM

I’d like some good news also. After the 6pm news tonight I felt tightness in my chest. Hard to handle. Worry for our kids and grandkids. Everyone here is in the same boat. At least the wife and I are retired.

Wish you well.
Posted By: beartooth trapr

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:26 AM

It's my friday, and 3 off. smile
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:31 AM

Strawberries are coming along nicely, and the rhubarb is full.
Peas and onions should be up in 10 days or so, depending on the temps.
How's yalls gardens looking?
Posted By: Trap Setter

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:31 AM

[Linked Image]

The Boy and The Wife wanted to go fishing today. Didnt get anything but good family time. That's the news from here.
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:33 AM

God is still in control over this rock, and over EVERTHING ELSE in the Universe!
Posted By: brianmall

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:34 AM

I'm getting more dogs!
Posted By: white marlin

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:35 AM

I got some good news concerning a negative-covid diagnosis for a few friends!
Posted By: natfintaxi

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:36 AM

I went fishing today, also without a bite. BUT, a bad day fishing is better than...……..
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:37 AM

7 months till trapping season.
Posted By: HobbieTrapper

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:39 AM

My Dad, at 83 is doing great after having part of his nose removed (cancer) Dad and Mom brought me some wet cornbread this afternoon while they were getting one last ride in before the “Stay in Place” order.
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:41 AM

No mention of global warming

No collusion

No impeachment

Haven't heard nor seen from Groucho Marxist
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:43 AM

4 wheeler starter locked up at the end of trapping season. I took it apart today and the electric starter drive gears or bendix was locked up and engaging the flywheel. I pulled it out and it started on the first pull of the rope starter. was going to just buy new drive gears but amazon has the starter and drive gear set for 42 bucks. So I guess while Im back in there i will just change both
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:44 AM

Only 10 people were shot in Chicago over the weekend.

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
7 months till trapping season.

And only 5 months till archery season !
Posted By: Andy27

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:45 AM

Starting to finally warm up here. Feels good.
Posted By: nvwrangler

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 01:11 AM

The local bar we go to has all its employees working during shutdown and its good to see the owner taking care of their employees at this time
Posted By: DWC

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 01:12 AM

Turkey season is 2 weeks out. Walleye should start goin on the river if they already arent, shes up a little high right now.
Posted By: run

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 01:13 AM

I'm busy with work. I know nobody is going to believe me.

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 01:14 AM

More good news, I can't spend money because of my favorite stores being closed.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 01:19 AM

Haven't heard a word about the need for gun control in weeks, or reducing our carbon footprint either.
It's amazing how real crisis helps people focus.

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by run
I'm busy with work. I know nobody is going to believe me.

Nice !!!!
Posted By: MnMan

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 01:48 AM

This is one of a pair that swam under my window this afternoon. The ice has receded to the point where I can't get on it to walk out crappie fishing now. That's good news since I have been eating a lot of them and need a change of diet.

More good news...I have not heard of any more school shootings.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AJE

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 01:50 AM

I trapped my 1st mole of the year today. They aren't usually active already.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 01:53 AM

Not gaining any weight with all this down time but not loosing any either.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Getting There
Not gaining any weight with all this down time but not loosing any either.

I lost all my winter weight, but now I have spring rolls. grin
Posted By: corky

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 01:58 AM

Snow is melting - some bare spots under large pines. No mosquitoes yet.

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:03 AM

I think I gained some weight. Whoops I guess that is bad news. It is what it is.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:03 AM

The canada geese and squirrels seem to be oblivious to the troubles of us hairless apes. They cheer me up!
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:09 AM

Almost done burning...turkey season is phenomenal this year...and we’re supposed to get actual Spring time weather back after the cold front passes tomorrow!! Gonna be beautiful starting Wednesday through the weekend!!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:12 AM

Liquor stores are still open !! smile
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:12 AM

Great posts everyone, keep 'em coming!
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:19 AM

Got my new chicken coop almost done.The girls will be happy.

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:24 AM

The pandemic has proven a good reason to buy traps, bullets, and guns!

Wife actually told me to go buy more!

grin

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:25 AM

Threw in a clay thrower for training purposes!

Never let a tragedy go to waste!
Posted By: hippie

The sun was shining for about an hour today! First I was that in awhile.
Posted By: DHH

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:27 AM

With the current going's on . It sure is nice to not be on the run in different directions and just spend time with family doing things together around home

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:31 AM

The sun was shining most of the day for me. Thankfully it is cooling off.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:32 AM

Do to the fact that people aren't driving as much air pollution is getting better.

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:33 AM

Gas prices are low.
Posted By: D.T.

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:45 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Its taken years but im finally getting the lakers dialed in my area on the fly! And they are tasty. New PB. 16#. 38”
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:46 AM

Sunny and 65 today. Everyone I know is healthy. I have food, clothing, shelter, water, and air. I woke up today. LIve in the best country. Have everything I need. Am employed. Have a great family. Native grass burn today was kept under control. Thank God for all.

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:52 AM

D.T. wins. I don't know how that could be topped.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 03:08 AM

1st, we had a community cruise night Saturday evening. Took the boys to town and showed them how to drag main street correctly. Pretty good time just like the old days. I kicked some dust up on a couple corners but got chewed out by my wife. Funny, we did things like that from my freshman year in high school until the boys were born! Didn’t bug her then. Plus she would let me ask anyone to buy us beer, and said NO when I ask to go park!lol

2nd good thing. Since the boys are home I’ve been getting some great lunches on the tractor. Today was green beans with fried onions, white gravy with meatloaf, and mashed potatoes. Better than a ham sandwich by a mile!!!!

Attached picture 17EEBE11-0B0A-48A4-B013-7A357383903A.jpeg
Attached picture 168D8D0B-D59C-41E9-9A3E-EE37D06C67FB.jpeg
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 03:41 AM

Best sap year ever, we will be cleaning up mid week. Now we just need to see if our customers want any syrup. May have to hold onto inventory a bit longer. Took a long walk today and saw large male mink run right in front of me and 200 yards down the trail a muskrat was swimming in a puddle in a corn field looking for the highest spot he could find.
We are saving a lot of money with shopping differently, driving much less and going almost no where. The 6 ewes I bought last fall are raising nice lambs.

Bryce
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 04:32 AM

Fish are biting and gas is 1.71 per gallon !!!!!!!
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:01 PM

The forced shutdown of my residential construction business has given me the time to finally get some work done on my new wood shop. It's been two years since I tore the old one down and built this one and it's still only 80% done.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:11 PM

good news---beaver seasons over

bad news--beaver seasons over.
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:17 PM

A tenant in one of the buildings I manage called me earlier this month saying the painting company he works for has been shut down. He and his wife have always struggled to make rent, more since she had foot surgery months ago and is still out of work. He flat out told me he wouldn't be able to pay rent for next month.

It just so happens that a fourteen-year tenant moved out of an apartment in the same building and I was in the process of repairing/remodeling that apartment. When a long-term tenant moves out we completely redo the apartments;refinish the floors, super-clean and paint everything, etc.

I hired the tenant to do the painting. He has earned his rent payment plus made a couple of hundred dollars on top of that.

I'm happy because prior to the shut-down I was crazy busy and had very little time to devote to rehabbing the apartment. The owners are happy because the apartment might actually be available for a May renting and tenant is doing the job for less than half of what I would have charged them. And the tenant is happy because he's off the hook for April rent. Win-win-win.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:19 PM

Got to spend even more time with the wife and kids than normal because they haven't had any ball practice or games, we've found some really nice sheds, the walleye been biting good. We got our new chicken coop finished and got 7 new laying hens. Morels came up early this year and we've got to get out a couple times and found some nice patches, so life is good. Had ribeyes from a local farmer and fried morels last night
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 12:20 PM

cool
Posted By: coyotesoldier229

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 01:26 PM

I’m still working, suns still rising and setting, and I can’t wait for turkey season. Gonna take my buddy’s son for youth opener April 25, so I have that to look forward too, and get out a week earlier and hopefully we get him a big Tom first thing.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 02:11 PM

The worm are up in my part of the State, the mole are not far behind. I will be handling all detail over the phone.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 04:34 PM

Cleaning out bird houses to day and went to open one and was surprised by a flying squirrel. He can stay in his new home. Haven't seen one in years
Posted By: Bass1

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 08:16 PM

Trout season opens tomorrow and I have a fly box full of Slupbusters and Muddlers. Also, the Salmon River is virtually empty of people and it is the peak of spring steelhead season!
Posted By: Macthediver

Re: Post some good news please - 03/31/20 08:46 PM

My Ramps are peeking out of the ground which means in another week I should find some in woods..
I spade forked over a little piece of garden today to get some radish seeds in ground.
Picked up hand full of Angle-Worms while turning it over the dirt..So trying to think where I might go soak them even if only to catch bull head or suckers..any fish can pickle or smoke..
Bad news though that place to fish, is the river here and it's at 10.9ft today. Is expected to be flood stage by Thursday which is 12ft. and over 13ft by next week.. Makes fishing kinda different..
Getting close to done with my son's quarantine trailer rebuild..Turning out nice and will post pic's when done..
No one I know personally is sick yet.

Mac
© 2024 Trapperman Forums