Home

Next round of panic buying

Posted By: wy.wolfer

Next round of panic buying - 03/31/20 07:06 PM

The significance of finding live Coronavirus on the princess Cruise ship 17 days after passengers and crew disembarked with no one else coming aboard in the interim means............this virus can live and stay alive outside of a mammalian body for much longer than the original thought of a few hrs. or a day or two. This means that like West Nile, and Zika, it can be passed ?
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Net round of panic buying - 03/31/20 07:22 PM

I think the details were they could find RNA of the virus 17 days later but not live virus capable of infecting.

Re: Net round of panic buying - 03/31/20 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
I think the details were they could find RNA of the virus 17 days later but not live virus capable of infecting.
But, how long does the living virus last now? What can Covid-2 RNA do? Could it suggest possible inoculation by mosquito? lots of questions here. Good observation by the way, I should read tighter!
Posted By: west river rogue

Re: Net round of panic buying - 03/31/20 07:52 PM

I read its not a "living virus" until ingested
I was in e.r. this morning and nurses all had mask on . Dr had mask,head cover,overcoat type frock on too. They are certainly taking it serious.
Posted By: EdP

Re: Net round of panic buying - 03/31/20 08:45 PM

This is still a huge open question. It keeps getting asked but the experts don't really answer. They will not or cannot say how long the virus on a surface remains contagious.
Posted By: The Possum Man

Re: Net round of panic buying - 03/31/20 08:52 PM

Spme viruses can be alive but sterile (not capable of replicating) when subjected to UV light. No idea about this specific one. But being able to detect it and it being alive and dangerous is two different things.

Re: Net round of panic buying - 03/31/20 09:12 PM

OK, I spent the last two hrs. researching. The New England Journal of Medicine reports, study's currently (important) indicate "Coronavirus" now referred to as Sars-Cov-2, can live on plastic and stainless steel for up to 72 hrs. or about three days. Less time on cardboard or a copper surface. This does not address how long the virus can possibly live inside a live mosquito. Still a big question?? 72 hrs.?? More? Less?
Posted By: Marty B

Re: Net round of panic buying - 03/31/20 09:27 PM

Lysol makes your hands soft.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Net round of panic buying - 03/31/20 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Marty B
Lysol makes your hands soft.

and makes ya poop green like when you drink grape kool aid.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums