Home

Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ??

Posted By: jbyrd63

Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 03/31/20 10:36 PM

Ok just watched the corona briefing on fox news and the President JUST said and was seconded by one other person that one of the major test that had been used so far only had a 50% accuracy rate. Is that why some people who are testing positive show no symptoms? Makes you wonder. But with all the positive cases the stats fuel the need to cower in place .. If they retested with the more accurate test would the numbers go down !>? confused
Posted By: SNIPERBBB

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 03/31/20 10:43 PM

which test were they referring to?
Posted By: ponyboy

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 03/31/20 10:46 PM

I don't doubt it, Look how long the lyme disease test has been used and they get all kinds of false positives and negatives with it.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 03/31/20 10:58 PM

Everyone get tested ASAP!
The US is taking the Coronavirus seriously.
New testing methods are being used and you don’t have to leave your house. No hospital visit is necessary. All you have to do is mail a stool sample to:
Nancy Pelosi
1236 Longworth H.O.B.
Washington, DC 20515
Direct questions to (202) 225-4965
Note: Larger samples give more accurate results.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 03/31/20 11:00 PM

cry laugh grin smile
Posted By: live action

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 03/31/20 11:03 PM

grin grin
Posted By: 30/06

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 04/01/20 01:41 AM

Reckon I'll have a sample ready tomorrow morning.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 04/01/20 02:26 AM

And I heard the test costs $2700 (NO!!) and takes 4-5 days to get test results.
Posted By: trapperne

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 04/01/20 03:16 AM

The testing is the dumbest thing I have ever seen, they have tested 3200 people in Nebraska only 5 percent come back positive, they are only testing really sick people, high fever, bad cough. So 95 percent are sicker then a dog but just not corona, looks like that one part in saving private ryan when they tell the wrong guy his brothers are dead, “don’t worry about it it’s not corona I’m sure you’ll be fine” lol
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 04/01/20 06:40 AM

And even if they get tested ok we know what you have. Now there is nothing we can do. Thanks for the extra confirmed case we need more to scare the sheep into compliance.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 04/01/20 09:46 AM

I believe there are far more false negatives than false positives with some of the tests out there. Some reports saying they are getting a false positive 4 days into the symptoms. I know Mayo tests twice now before admitting someone for alternative cancer treatments....with a 5 day laps in between.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 04/01/20 09:46 AM

It's in the mail.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 04/01/20 09:48 AM

Mailed package to Nancy.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 04/01/20 11:04 AM

Taking mine down to post office. Will need box!!! Should I send it Priority? How about insurance?

How much can u get in small priority box?
Posted By: coyotesoldier229

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 04/01/20 11:14 AM

If it fits it ships!
Posted By: charles

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 04/01/20 12:33 PM

CV-19 is not a joking matter. It has been predicted that we will all know someone who has died from this virus. Hope not.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 04/01/20 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by charles
CV-19 is not a joking matter. It has been predicted that we will all know someone who has died from this virus. Hope not.

I already do Charles. A friend of mine in Scotland lost his fight. But if we just cower in a corner crying " the sky if falling" or some other nonsense, it would not help much either. Do what ya can to slow it down and keep yer chin up as long as ye can. Thats how I see it anyway.
Posted By: jbyrd63

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 04/01/20 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB
which test were they referring to?

One of the test they HAD been using...
Posted By: EdP

Re: Corona test only 50% accurte !!! ?? - 04/01/20 04:07 PM

That is the test being used in most of the rest of the world (the one that is so inaccurate, with both false positives and false negatives). That's the test so many are criticizing the Trump administration and pandemic response team for not accepting and delaying testing until we had an accurate test. Only with accurate data can accurate assessments be made and I think we did the right thing waiting for an accurate test. Making a determination of actual transmission methods requires an accurate determination of who is infected and who is not. That may be why there is no definitive information on all the transmission methods to date.

How can we have any confidence in the numbers from China that say 10% of recovered cases show reinfection when the test is only 50% effective?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums