Home

22 hours left

Posted By: wissmiss

22 hours left - 04/01/20 11:05 PM

FHA online auction closes tomorrow (Thursday, April 2) at 5 PM eastern time. Then you guys can start checking your accounts to see what, if anything, sold. Then the complaint can start. smile
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: 22 hours left - 04/01/20 11:15 PM

Watcha talking about?! The wailing and gnashing of teeth shall never emit from this solemn bunch!!
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: 22 hours left - 04/01/20 11:44 PM

It would be nice to see good numbers come from this sale but with the world crisis happening I am not expecting to see big numbers. I get what I get.
Posted By: Mike C

Re: 22 hours left - 04/01/20 11:46 PM

5:00 Thursday sale ends, 5:01 thread starts about results not posted - what is FHA hiding?
Posted By: crosspatch

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mike C
5:00 Thursday sale ends, 5:01 thread starts about results not posted - what is FHA hiding?

lol lol Mike - patience people am not looking for quick results. And am certainly not looking for good results with the Corona virus turning this into a perfect storm for most products including ours. We have to be eternal optimists to be at this. Another year minimum before it turns around given so much finished product (including ranch mink) not moved thru the pipeline this year in China. And Russia, such a big consumer of wild product, still in the international penalty box for 6 years now since they took Crimea from Ukraine. And this years product to be absorbed hopefully next year. Not a pessimist but a realist.
Posted By: proratman

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 12:55 AM

I would be shocked if the sale had good clearances!
Posted By: Mike C

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 04:13 AM

Oil at $20 a barrel won't have too many oil folks in Russia running out to buy furs.
Posted By: vegasjim

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 05:03 AM

Something tells me the coyote market is still alive.
Posted By: trapper234

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 05:11 AM

Not Good!
Posted By: garart

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by vegasjim

Yeah maybe, but I'm willing to bet heavy that it's not doing well right now!

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by proratman
I would be shocked if the sale had good clearances!

You might be surprised, but maybe not.
Posted By: Monster Toms

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 12:28 PM

Was it "this" something?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MB Coonguy

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 01:12 PM

Even if the coyote market is off because of this whole thing etc..I highly doubt FHA will let coyotes go below their values-especially the good skins
Posted By: spjones

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by crosspatch
Originally Posted by Mike C

lol lol Mike - patience people am not looking for quick results. And am certainly not looking for good results with the Corona virus turning this into a perfect storm for most products including ours. We have to be eternal optimists to be at this. Another year minimum before it turns around given so much finished product (including ranch mink) not moved thru the pipeline this year in China. And Russia, such a big consumer of wild product, still in the international penalty box for 6 years now since they took Crimea from Ukraine. And this years product to be absorbed hopefully next year. Not a pessimist but a realist.

Good points, but Russia has been buying fur. That story is getting really old.

Google “Russia top lot saga furs”
Posted By: red mt

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 01:30 PM

Better grades will move and the bottom grades will move ,,,the middle will struggle. On the coyotes is my guess
Posted By: The Beav

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 02:03 PM

Robert canceled his April sale do to a lack of Interest by country buyers. That should tell you something about the coyote market.

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
Robert canceled his April sale do to a lack of Interest by country buyers. That should tell you something about the coyote market.

Yep seen that one coming Beav
A lot work went into that bunch
Posted By: rpmartin

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 07:15 PM

[Linked Image]

This was from the market report from the last trappers post. Ofcourse this was before the pandemic, but remember why fha decided to go on with their auction via internet. They had a lot of buyers that wanted to buy fur and persuaded them to get on with it . Coyotes will rule, the rest will drool. grin

I was wondering how things were going with Robert and his sale. Fha to the rescue!

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 07:49 PM

Rpmartin I sure hope you are right

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 08:05 PM

Another thing to chew on is what if there is still vigorous bidding going on at 5. With so many lots of fur how can a high volume buyer bid on everything they want at the last minute. If I had fur in the bidding war between buyers i wouldn't want the bidding to stop until the war was over. Over, or no?

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 08:34 PM

The fha bidder instructions said bidding would end at 5 PM promptly. Eastern time. Bids submitted after 5 PM will not be accepted.

Once you set the rules you need to stick to them. You bend the rules for one bidder, then you need to bend them for everyone.

It is just like in the auction room, a buyer waits to the very last second to bid and by the time the auction stand sees that buyer, the hammer has dropped.
Posted By: kingrat

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 08:41 PM

Well get back there and bid only got 20mins left

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by rpmartin
Another thing to chew on is what if there is still vigorous bidding going on at 5. With so many lots of fur how can a high volume buyer bid on everything they want at the last minute. If I had fur in the bidding war between buyers i wouldn't want the bidding to stop until the war was over. Over, or no?

Well I think it's like old shoe leather after I read what wissmiss posted
blush

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 09:02 PM

The fha remote auction is officially over. The on line catalog for bidding is no longer available. Now the waiting begins. smile
Posted By: walleyed

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by wissmiss
The fha remote auction is officially over. The on line catalog for bidding is no longer available. Now the waiting begins. smile

TICK-TOCK-TICK-TOCK-TICK-TOCK !!!!!! laugh

w
Posted By: pcr2

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 09:07 PM

anyone hear any numbers yet.?

Ok wissmiss spill your guts now.....please
Posted By: The Beav

In your dreams RPM
Posted By: ebsurveyor

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 09:16 PM

Bummer, my coyotes are unsold. At least my 'coon did alright.
Posted By: Akmike84

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 09:18 PM

Will be interesting to see where the cards fall. There were a few buyers that were buying a decent volume of goods. One thing I will give FHA a lot of credit for, the sale went without any hangups. No bugs were in the system, best I could tell.

Good thing is. Now none of us can see anything! Everyone should be happy now, right?

Mike

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 09:21 PM

FHA held very solid to high limits on the best coyotes.

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 09:26 PM

Ok, the other side of coin could be that speculators wanted the auction to try to buy fur at a discount then resell at a later date when things are somewhat back to normal??? Bummer

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Akmike84
FHA held very solid to high limits on the best coyotes.

Does that mean they sold or they still holding them ???

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 09:37 PM

I think that means they are still holding them. Same is true on the bobcats. I’m quite sure very few of them sold.

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 10:04 PM

I think that means they are still holding them. Same is true on the bobcats. I’m quite sure very few of them sold.

Thank you, my guess also but I tend miss what is implied at times .
Red
Posted By: Lance Squires

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 10:24 PM

How long will it take them to post results to their website. I don't show anything selling, beaver, muskrat, mink, coon, coyote.

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 10:27 PM

Wondering the same I have almost the same items there
Posted By: Squash

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 10:38 PM

Man this thread gives a new meaning to instant gratification.

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 10:40 PM

Lol. Waited 9 days what's 1 more I guess.

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 10:47 PM

Some one said that shipper accounts had been updated with prices on goods that sold. Not sure if that is true or not.

I think it will be Monday before we see an actual report about sale results. Right now fha is probably studying the results to figure out what to say. Plus they have to get invoices to the buyers. .
Posted By: Castormound

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 10:51 PM

According to my account, not a thing sold. Guess I'll just have to keep hammering on these big dollar beavers.

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 10:56 PM

I hope nothing has been updated because I have a pile of fur there and nothing is showing sold yet, beavers,rats,coyotes,foxes,coons,skunks,bears,castor.
Posted By: wy.wolfer

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 10:57 PM

Did you find a pulse?
Posted By: backroadsarcher

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 11:00 PM

I would expect to see nothing in our accounts until tomorrow being the auction just closed a hour ago.

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 11:00 PM

Maybe accounts haven’t been updated. I didn’t have anything on the sale, so no way to check for sure.

It will be a few days, maybe longer before castor sales are posted. Castor was not part of the online auction.

Section III bears sold 100% at normal Section III prices.

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 11:09 PM

It’s Alive!!!!!

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 11:10 PM

My coyotes are updated on my sellers account. All unsold.

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 11:13 PM

That is not a nice thing to do. I guess I will put mine in the freezers or dress them.

Re: 22 hours left - 04/02/20 11:50 PM

Maybe accounts haven’t been updated. I didn’t have anything on the sale, so no way to check for sure.

It will be a few days, maybe longer before castor sales are posted. Castor was not part of the online auction.

Section III bears sold 100% at normal Section III prices.

They should of sold castor the same way
© 2024 Trapperman Forums