Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 01:23 AM

[Linked Image]

Calling ny gun shops non essential
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 01:27 AM

Obama said "The Constitution is a worn out, out-dated document...."
Posted By: Marty

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 01:36 AM

maybe this will be a wake up call to move to a free state?
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Obama said "The Constitution is a worn out, out-dated document...."

It will be interesting to see how quickly the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association
files for a injunction to stay Governor Cuomo's Executive Order as this is clearly,
In my Opinion, an unconstitutional infringement on the 2nd Amendment.

Also whether the NRA or the much touted of late: "GOA"
comes to the aid of New York State's gun owners.

How will the people answer the call of local militia if they are unarmed ?

Sounds like a cut & dried violation of the 2nd amendment to me.

w
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 01:51 AM

The NRA is suing Cuomo over this as of yesterday.
Posted By: Jim H

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 01:53 AM

[Linked Image]

Happened throughout the state! I heard the NRA did file suit.
Posted By: white17

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 01:57 AM

He's just trying to burnish his anti-gun credentials before the convention. Biden should jump on him for this if he was smart.........and aware
Posted By: lee steinmeyer

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 02:05 AM

No sweat, Ken. Biden is neither!

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 02:07 AM

laugh
Posted By: Andrew Eastwood

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 02:25 AM

This situation really sucks for those that are trying to buy a new gun or more ammo. I would however hope that every able bodied person already has enough arms and munitions to defend themselves and loved ones from those that would seek to take their life or liberties from them. IMO
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by Marty

don't encourage that too much , the exodus form Cali already ruined a number of states.

better they stay and get on every town board , and county board of supervisors outside nyc and work to change their own future.

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 03:03 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: DWC

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 03:12 AM

The gun shop owner is right. Now is not the time to try and fight this. Let cuomo have his power trip right now, he already looks like an idiot in that his state is far and away the biggest mess (so far). If you have waited this long to knee jerk and become well stocked and armed, you are part of the problem.
Posted By: mad_mike

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

don't encourage that too much , the exodus form Cali already ruined a number of states.

better they stay and get on every town board , and county board of supervisors outside nyc and work to change their own future.

The real plague!
Posted By: harleydparts

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 05:19 AM

So this is saying a gun store is not an essential store? Well, duh, it ain't. Unbelievable, just unbelievable.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
No sweat, Ken. Biden is neither!

Comment of the day award!
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 06:56 AM

I believe its time to reign in governors nationwide. If people start demanding that their right to be armed is not going to be infringed on anymore, you won't need permission to open a gun store. Or buy or carry any firearm you choose.

Why do you need permission to open ANY business ?

The reason is fear. People are cowards. They expect government to protect them from all bad things. Government of course can not do that but politicians like to pretend that they can. It gives them more authority. Something all politicians and members of law enforcement yearn for.

No matter which constitutionally recognized right you want to talk about, people start saying "yes but..........".

Imagine not John Lenon's song but a government dedicated to protecting your rights and stopping foreign invasion instead of regulating EVERYTHING you do.
Posted By: Posco

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE

That's it. We can't tuck tail and run, we'll run out of places to run to. Fight.
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 09:02 AM

Close the gun shops and release the prisoners. This is just another example why the country needs to be wary of Cuomo and his intentions.
Posted By: Bruiser1

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 10:09 AM

They are obviously just trying to keep people from hanging out in stores potentially spreading the virus. This pandemic has been going on for a month now. If you don’t have the guns and ammo you think you will need then just order it online.
Posted By: trapdog1

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rat_Pack
Close the gun shops and release the prisoners. This is just another example why the country needs to be wary of Cuomo and his intentions.

And ALL other democrats
Posted By: Dana I

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bruiser1
They are obviously just trying to keep people from hanging out in stores potentially spreading the virus. This pandemic has been going on for a month now. If you don’t have the guns and ammo you think you will need then just order it online.

Sorry it doesn't work that way. You can't have guns shipped to your home here in NY. You have to have them shipped to a FFL aka a gun shop, and they were ordered to close.

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dana I

Sorry it doesn't work that way. You can't have guns shipped to your home here in NY. You have to have them shipped to a FFL aka a gun shop, and they were ordered to close.

Wow, that sucks. What about ammo?
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 11:47 AM

Even the Fed has deemed gun shops essential. My bet is he"ll reverse his decision, he's just seeing what he can get away with. That's what they do. The GOA has helped NC, PA and others to get these unconstitutional mandates reversed. Link to GOA
Posted By: Dana I

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 11:54 AM

I'm not sure how it works with the ammo. I have never tried to buy any online.
Posted By: Rat_Pack

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 11:56 AM

No shipped ammo either. Read about our Gov's Safe Act. That ought to help folks understand Cuomo a bit more
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 11:58 AM

Yea libtard Demonrat gov wolf in PA tried this and PA Supreme Court told him to go pound salt 2 days later!!!!
Posted By: Squash

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 12:16 PM

You are obviously unaware of Cuomo SAFE ACT, no online sales of ammunition.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 12:34 PM

You CANNOT buy a gun online and have it shipped to your home anywhere in America. They have to go to an FFL, where a background check will be performed before you can take possession. Private sales are a different matter of course.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jim H
[Linked Image]

Happened throughout the state! I heard the NRA did file suit.

This should be a little bit of a wake up call to those on here who keep criticizing Trump on his gun control stance. Just more proof that he's still a much better alternative than ANY democrat.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Catch22
Even the Fed has deemed gun shops essential. My bet is he"ll reverse his decision, he's just seeing what he can get away with. That's what they do. The GOA has helped NC, PA and others to get these unconstitutional mandates reversed. Link to GOA

Yep, and the NRA sued New York as soon after this was announced. The NRA is fighting other states too.

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 01:04 PM

I hope this mess wakes people up. It is time to get rid of the NRA's background check nonsense as well. There for awhile the feds were saying they could not keep up with checks. Is there any evidence anywhere that the NRA's background check nonsense has contributed to a lower incidence of felons having firearms? I also do not think that the feds need to keep a registry of fire arm owners either. They still deny it but they were denying that all your electronic communication was monitored for a long time also.

I haven't heard much about Assange in a while. Are the feds still saying his first amendment rights are suspended?

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 01:34 PM

Seems odd the girly man who actually gave away classified information is out of prison. The guy that published it under the protection of the first amendment, has been vilified.

I believe now is the time to reign in government over reach.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 01:34 PM

Cuomo's on a power trip.
With his daily briefings bringing him fame he thinks he can do what he wants. Imagine if he had the powers of presidency, bye bye guns!
Posted By: walleyed

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 01:35 PM

This is priceless.

Another clueless Canadian telling New York State citizens how to navigate around
Governor Cuomo's NYS SAFE ACT which prohibits us from ordering guns & ammo
from out-of-state or online.

Both prohibitions are violations of the 2nd Amendment but the SCOTUS has not yet
taken up the cases and ruled on them.........YET !!

w

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by walleyed

This is priceless.

Another clueless Canadian telling New York State citizens how to navigate around
Governor Cuomo's NYS SAFE ACT which prohibits us from ordering guns & ammo
from out-of-state or online.

Both prohibitions are violations of the 2nd Amendment but the SCOTUS has not yet
taken up the cases and ruled on them.........YET !!

w

My mistake guys. I just assumed your gun laws were better than ours. I guess I should stop complaining about Canadian laws. We got it pretty good here compared to you guys

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 02:24 PM

We can buy mail order ammo but not mail order guns. The gun thing was outlawed in 1968. Another "gift" from the NRA. Cowards were saying neither Kennedy would have been shot if mail order guns were illegal. Neither of the killers used a mail order firearm.

If telling people they can not buy a gun from Cabela's mail order is not an infringement what is? If instacheck is not putting the burden of proof on the buyer what is?

Time to change all that. Don't be scared. You will be safer not the other way round. No reason in the world for a politician to know who does and who doesn't own a firearm.
Posted By: Catch22

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 02:30 PM

Yep
Posted By: Fisher Man

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 02:31 PM

The man thinks that he is God, and that he knows everything. Now he has prohibited use of a possible life saving drug to fight the virus. He is seizing upstate equipment to send to NYC from already thin upstate. If emergency responders to a heart attack in NYC can't resuscitate, they are prohibited from going to the ER. F pickupor years he has wanted to be President and much of this is aimed at getting there. The man has no regard for upstate NY, even shipping corona cases upstate. His father once made fun of upstaters with their "Sears Roebuck suits and pickup trucks". That's his attitude too. I can't use the language on here that I'd like to use. The state is broke and why don't we have enough equipment? Oh sure Andrew, point the finger at Trump. I have a finger for you; it's the middle one.
Posted By: Dirty D

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 03:10 PM

Our governor, a democrat of course tried the same thing.
He had to back pedal quickly as its written into law that gun shops are essential businesses.
Posted By: Jim H

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Fisher Man
The man thinks that he is God, and that he knows everything. Now he has prohibited use of a possible life saving drug to fight the virus. He is seizing upstate equipment to send to NYC from already thin upstate. If emergency responders to a heart attack in NYC can't resuscitate, they are prohibited from going to the ER. F pickupor years he has wanted to be President and much of this is aimed at getting there. The man has no regard for upstate NY, even shipping corona cases upstate. His father once made fun of upstaters with their "Sears Roebuck suits and pickup trucks". That's his attitude too. I can't use the language on here that I'd like to use. The state is broke and why don't we have enough equipment? Oh sure Andrew, point the finger at Trump. I have a finger for you; it's the middle one.

Exactly! He has already confirmed that he has sent Covid-19 patients upstate! ... and he's going to take away the vents that we will need because of his actions??? Did you know the newly passed budget includes 2 raises for him?? $25k this year and $25k more next year!
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by harleydparts
So this is saying a gun store is not an essential store? Well, duh, it ain't. Unbelievable, just unbelievable.

Here is the history lesson for the day and why we have the laws stating gun and ammo purchases are essential.

it is the end of August 2005 , New Orleans La Hurricane Katrina just ripped through if you don't remember that I will let you go look that up.

anyway there is looting , even police are spotted looting in the early days

people wanted to stay with the only home htey had many of them had a solid home yet

neighborhoods were setting up patrols and keeping their homes and people safe they were armed.

in comes a mess of out of state police to help a bunch from Cali as I recall.

there is an order to seize all guns from everyone , typical Liberal no one should have guns but police , however the police won't get the guns of the criminals so it turns into only criminals will have guns as it always does.

videos of old ladies in their kitchen being tackled to take their 38 revolver away and pushed out of their homes everything they own left to be looted

the countries out cry to this injustice and blatant violation of the 2nd amendment that we are all guaranteed the right to an armed defense state after state passed legislation that guns and ammo are essential and that gun stores can not be ordered closed as they provide an essential service .
many also saw what this could be used as any time a mayor or governor wanted to declare an emergency for snow , or flooding or any other possible reason gun stores would b the first thing closed by them.

much like people saw that intentional slow downs in processing of instant federal background checks and put a restriction that if the NICS did not come back approve or deney in 5 days you get to walk out of the store legally with your gun .

gun dealers can decide if they want to stay open , this is all because of violations of the second amendment , and back handed attempts to suspend the 2nd amendment and place as many road blocks in the place of gun ownership as possible..

this ends your history lesson for today and now you know why a majority of states and the federal gov passed the guns are essential laws and can not be confiscated or prohibited in a state of emergency

I had to give my own father this lesson earlier this week , my parents are currently Residents and home owners in FL we were comparing the differences in closures when he said gun stores could be open there I said gun stores can be open everywhere in the USA federal as well as a lot of state laws make guns and ammo essential. then explained why , he didn't recall that part of hurricane Katrina , largely because it didn't make MSM and at the time he was working 60+ hours a week and doesn't remember a lot of what happened out of work.

the reality is when you can't assure 100% disarmament and equality this would mean bulking up all the grannies to average joes and reducing all the muscle bound MMA fighters to average joes , arming everyone or rather not prohibiting their choice to go armed becomes the only solution , Liberals are trying to sell an ideal that if you turn over control to the government the Gov will take care of you , being armed scares them , what should scare them is that surrendering your rights for a brief period of temporary safety never works , it never has , the gun is the great equalizer 90 pound granny with her gun now stands a fighting chance against the criminal twice her size and 1/4 her age.

the reason for every one of the first 10 amendments is the same reason as these laws
Americans were Abused by government and they wanted to make a sold attempt at limiting governments power to abuse them int he future. 3rd amendment seems absurd to may Americans of course the army wouldn't billet troops in their homes against their will. However in 1775 this was a reality for many and they never wanted to be abused in such a way again nor let their children or grandchildren be abused so.

Posted By: JEckman

Re: Cuomo’s now after our guns - 04/04/20 04:16 PM

Ummm Cuomo has always been after our guns.. Not just now..
© 2024 Trapperman Forums