Home

Ivermectin for Covid-19

Posted By: humptulips

Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 07:37 PM

https://www.drugs.com/medical-answers/ivermectin-treat-covid-19-coronavirus-3535912/

Should work now.
Posted By: warrior

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 07:40 PM

Wrong story
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 07:49 PM

I hope this is true. I have over 200ml left in a 500ml bottle of Ivermectin.

If it works the way they think it does, everyone in the entire world could take a dose or two of Ivermectin and Covid-19 would be done. I pray this is true.

Keith

Posted By: humptulips

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 07:49 PM

Well. I am having trouble making the link work so I'll copy the text.

Ivermectin has been trialled in treating the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, which is the virus that causes COVID-19.
The trials so far have shown ivermectin reduces the number of cell-associated viral DNA by 99.8 % in 24 hours. This was an in vitro study which means they were testing cells in a laboratory and not in a living organism.
Studies are now needed to be done on ivermectin on people or animals to see how well ivermectin works against COVID-19. This is in vivo testing.
Ivermectin is currently a FDA approved medicine for treatment of intestinal worms, Strongyloides stercoralis and Onchocerca volvulus. It has been established as safe for human use.
Posted By: white17

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 07:58 PM

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/ivermectin-oral-route/proper-use/drg-20064397

https://www.newsweek.com/anti-paras...-stop-coronavirus-new-study-says-1496083
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 08:05 PM

People just need to pour it on like a cow or inject it.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 08:12 PM

I have used Ivermectin on a lot of animals of different species. It is very easy to overdose small animals with it, but it is really useful stuff.

Keith
Posted By: Teacher

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 08:13 PM

I read this last night. I’m hoping it works out too. The doses will have to be worked out because it’s in micrograms per kilogram body weight for nematodes and other parasites. This is an incredibly small amount. Over-dosing by the unsuspecting could lead to some severe consequences. Just like the couple who abused the hydrochloro-whatever after hearing the President’s remarks about its efficacy in relationship to covid. Before I run out to try this, I’d like to know it’s been tested for covid-19, the side effects (to see if they’re worse than the disease) and medical recommendations as to dose and time.

As I recall, Ivermectin has veterinary and human parasite reduction uses. Since individuals can buy this stuff to treat their own livestock, the potential is there for abuse. There’s always that group who believes they don’t want to waste money on doctors when they have the stuff sitting on the shelf.
Posted By: Boco

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 08:19 PM

It will cure your mange too.Bonus.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 08:27 PM

When I pour cattle I seem to get enough on me to treat a 400lb steer. I aint dead yet.
Posted By: nramemb

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Diggerman
When I pour cattle I seem to get enough on me to treat a 400lb steer. I aint dead yet.

same thing here digger
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by KeithC
I have used Ivermectin on a lot of animals of different species. It is very easy to overdose small animals with it, but it is really useful stuff.

Keith

I took quite a bit for tick disease of some type . Some use the horse paste but seems like I remember some of it had something else in it that humans don't want, I could be wrong. Any way I took the kind for cattle and pigs , I would draw it out of the bottle and put it on molasses or syrup and take it that way orally. You will have to be sure and get the right dosage. The half life is like 18 hrs and the the rest last 12 days. I took it every 2 weeks. The best I read on the virus is its best to take it before you get it and it don't have time to multiply. Remember they tested it in a tube and not a human, but it kills it in the tube.

It was the same way with lyme. I took ivermec in molssaes by itself,and stevia that was soaked in vodka. Those trials was for lyme in a test tube also. Stevia has the ability to kill lyme., but it won't absorb into the gut and thus doesn't get in the blood stream That is why it works as a diet sweetner. When you mix it in vodka a few days then take only a few drops, the alcohol causes it to be absorbed. You have to start out only a few drops a day, if you take too much then you kill too much lyme off and it will cause you to herx so bad it might kill you or wish you was dead.

Sorry for the lyme distraction. Ivermec kills parasites by acting on the nerves. Its a little different on viruses. I've used ivermec for years for a cheap method on heart worms in my hounds. If your dog already has heart worms it could kill them. YOU CANNOT USE IT ON SOME BREEDS. I think its some type of collie or shepherd not sure. The reason is the brain blood barrier keeps it from going in the brain, those breed of dogs don't have a good BBB, so if if it gets to the brain it will kill them. When I was taking it it always concerned me because I have had head trauma a few times and I was hoping I hadn't done any thing to mess up my BBB. I lived so I guess my BBB is still ok, lol. I got me a new bottle of Ivermectin a few days ago, I figured the price may go up or the big pharma will hog it up, lol.

Remember only desperate people do desperate things !
Posted By: corky

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 09:33 PM

It sure seems like a lot of things could be used to control the effects of this virus that aren't being used.
Posted By: H2ORat

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 09:48 PM

We've used ivomec drench for sheep for years -- it doesn't taste particularly good but the safe range of dosing (at least in sheep) is pretty substantial . As in i have double dosed a couple and not had any problems. have to do the math to see what the equivalent human dosage would be. ---- DON'T GIVE IT TO COLLIES. it will kill them.
Posted By: Calvin

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 10:10 PM

Good info. If I get the Covid, I'll be taking my dose along with the dogs monthly dose.

I've taken it before as I got into something the docs didn't know what was. I'm still walking around just fine.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 10:25 PM

Would be great if true
Posted By: charles

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 10:35 PM

Ivermectin has been used on people also. There is a fly in equatorial Africa that bites people and worms develop under the skin of victims. If one migrates to the inside of an eye, as is common, it causes blindness. Ivermectin is a 100% cure for the larvae that causes River Blindness. A missionary friend had been using it for decades. His comes from a company in Germany who donate it to his cause.
Posted By: RonH

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by nramemb

same thing here digger

Yep, me too. And since I weigh a little over 200 pounds that's double the label rate!
Posted By: harrison72

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 11:08 PM

DANG, that stuff burns when you jab yourself with it!
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 11:15 PM

Seeing it has been in use in the USA and several other nations for some time and thus there should be several studies on what are appropriate dosage rates etc. Also if there are issues with persons who are at the time unhealthy etc. Won't take nearly as long to do some quick investigation on products already on the market. Also if some of these drugs show some reduction in severity etc. that may help in the vaccine or a more specific treatment for the future.

Bryce
Posted By: Bob_Iowa

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 11:31 PM

The people will get fatter, this will destroy the tape worm that some have and keeping them skinny. laugh
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/05/20 11:49 PM

Yeah but do uou still have Worms? laugh
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/06/20 12:03 AM

When I was young the older cattleman didnt want to work cattle unless there were at least 3 day without rain. 30 yrs ago I got a dab on the back of my hand and I knew there was no need to worry. My mouth tasted like soap in 3 secs flat. It is fast.

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/06/20 12:05 AM

When the horses would rub in the spring I used to treat then with motor oil topically. Neighbor who had the rodeo company taught me to splash a dab on the tongue. Icermec based pours are bad (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)
Posted By: LAtrapper

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/06/20 02:05 AM

Ivermectin and Pyrantel are the ingredients in Heartguard Plus- https://www.chewy.com/heartgard-plu...KCAEWN3ZJpN2vyKfBoN8UqXBB2xoCnboQAvD_BwE
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/06/20 01:27 PM

A lady in our church said they've used Ivermectin for their cattle to cure corona type viruses and parasites for years.

The cost for this drug is reasonable now. If it's determined to be effective against the virus watch the price skyrocket with the drug companies.
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/06/20 01:45 PM

You can taste it no doubt. Tastes metallic to me. My neighbor came down a time or two and asked for a dab and he would pour it on his hands and wring them together. He was a retired hog farmer that told me they used it also in other countries for years for human parasites. I get it on me yearly pouring it on my cows and dogs. May have to line up the family......

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/06/20 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
A lady in our church said they've used Ivermectin for their cattle to cure corona type viruses and parasites for years.

LOL It's hard to argue succes, did the neighbor say it's been 100% effective?

Originally Posted by Trapper7

The cost for this drug is reasonable now. If it's determined to be effective against the virus watch the price skyrocket with the drug companies.

Stop at tractor supply or another farm and ranch store and get the smallest one they make, or the largest.

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/06/20 02:57 PM

Yes, she said it worked well with the cattle.

I remember a time some years back where a sheep farmer was using a drug for his sheep. For what ailment, I don't recall. He was paying about $10 for a bottle of 100 pills. The pills were the size of a marble. It was discovered this same medication was effective in humans to cure a certain malady. When the same pill came out for personal use, the pills were the size of one aspirin and cost nearly $100 for 50 pills.

This was on the show 60 Minutes. They questioned the pharmaceutical company on why the discrepancy with the cost? The company said it was the cost of testing and re-manufacturing the same medication.

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/06/20 03:17 PM

Trapper 7 at least part of that (of course not all) is the blame of the FDA and trial lawyers in my mind. It is still a valid point tho. I used to day wage for an old german large animal vet. When any of us hands stole a med we would tell him dont count the pills, or weigh it out, or check the remaining volumn. He would call is no good thieving cowboys bit it was all a big joke. If we stole it he was off the hook for practicing medicine w/o a license. It was exactly the same stuff.

Do consult with a vet tho because some meds have different effects on different species. Previcox for dogs vs the tiny dose you give a horse is a good example.

Re: Ivermectin for Covid-19 - 04/06/20 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Leftlane

Trapper 7 at least part of that (of course not all) is the blame of the FDA and trial lawyers in my mind. It is still a valid point tho. I used to day wage for an old german large animal vet. When any of us hands stole a med we would tell him dont count the pills, or weigh it out, or check the remaining volumn. He would call is no good thieving cowboys bit it was all a big joke. If we stole it he was off the hook for practicing medicine w/o a license. It was exactly the same stuff.

Do consult with a vet tho because some meds have different effects on different species. Previcox for dogs vs the tiny dose you give a horse is a good example.

Totally agree with you, Leftlane. a price increase is understandable. But, sometimes these exorbitant prices are outlandish.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums