Home

People coming to VT

Posted By: vermontster

People coming to VT - 04/06/20 10:27 AM

Had a group of people from Connecticut come to VT for three days. They have a seasonal home. They rode five dirt bikes tearing up the mountain trails and destroyed the water bar’s. The town had just graded the dirt road and they spun that up as well. We have a lot of people from NJ,NY,MASS and CONN. coming into VT . When I have to go shopping I was a first seeing them with two shopping carts. Now mostly using one cart. It’s really seems like they have stretched our resources . The cashiers say they constantly have to tell them to put things back that are restricted to two to a customer even the convenience stores are saying the same thing. I understand them coming here but it’s frustrating when they are so irresponsible.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 10:29 AM

Yankee's will screw up anything wherever they go. I feel for ya!
Posted By: pcr2

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 10:30 AM

piles of people coming here to their camps also.
Posted By: harleydparts

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 10:35 AM

I was reading a post on one of the bike groups from a woman who lives in Fargo, she was going to take a road trip to southern Florida to pick up a trike she had just bought online. She said it was a good time since her company was shut down. Just makes me shake my head.
Posted By: EdP

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 12:26 PM

It's not a north vs south thing, both the OP and the visitors are northern. I think it more rural vs urban. Some is a matter of education and some is just feeling entitled to do what ever they want to do.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 12:31 PM

50 years ago my family would go to Snowy Range in Wyoming for summer vacation. There was fresh-water shrimp in the creeks then and the flesh of the trout was dark pink and delicious.
Today, Snowy Range, as well as the rest of Wyoming, is flooded with traffic from Colorado.. They opened the trails on Snowy Range to ATV travel and last time I was there I couldn't catch a trout of any size out of the creeks. On weekends, here come the Colo folks, pulling their 40' campers back on the rough rocky roads, getting high-centered on rocks, ripping the place up with ATVs. They come in groups of 20-30 so they can enjoy the solitude of the mountains. The place has absolutely been ruined.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
piles of people coming here to their camps also.

Here too!!

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 12:44 PM

i'm gonna start pulling over outta state plates and give em tickets.
Posted By: FairbanksLS

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 12:45 PM

If you don't want to see the rural nature of your local area change you need to adopt extremely restrictive land use regulations. This may go against the principles of freedom loving individuals but it is the only way to slow the dramatic changes you are experiencing.

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 12:47 PM

not here,the Amish are even thinkin they might be in over their heads.

still hirin banjo players if anyone needs a gig.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 01:01 PM

Happens all over in a regular year nothing like going turkey hunting and having some idiot tearing around on a side by side ripping up every trail for several miles.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 01:12 PM

The sheriff in the U.P. of Michigan ask people not to come up to there summer homes. With limit resources and limited health care and the chances of spreading the virus. I was planning on a trip to the U.P. in about 45 days but if thing do not change I will stay home. Some people think this is a joke, sorry it is not. But some say this is a free America so we can do what we want.
Posted By: Pawnee

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 01:16 PM

Doesn’t matter where you go or what they’re doing it’s the same story. Out here we don’t have to put up with the bikes it’s just hunters and people passing through. I get passed on the highway constantly by city folk and people from out of state going 20mph over the speed limit. During hunting season they just go where they want posted or not. This is just hillbilly land I guess so laws don’t apply to them. Our kids driving to school, employees on farm equipment, ect... don’t mind them we are expendable. I’ve always wanted to follow someone I catch trespassing home and park my pickup right in there front yard!!
Posted By: Squash

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Scout1
Yankee's will screw up anything wherever they go. I feel for ya!

Ah, I think Vermonters are yankees too ? Plus I have friends in Canada and they refer to all of USA citizens, even those in the Deep South, as Yankees.

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 01:25 PM

Heading to WI in 2 weeks if I can pick up a 2nd tag I am taking everything with me that I need, will meet up with a buddy for a week to 10 days of turkey hunting at a remote cabin in the woods. Will bring everything we need no shopping except for gas and I will pay at the pump and wear gloves then less human contact then staying home.
Posted By: Co�s

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 01:27 PM

We're not in summer home country here so it's mostly bored locals raising heck. Two tracks are trashed worse than usual right now from country punks ripping it up all day on 4 wheelers and jacked up mad max trucks. Coming home from setting traps a couple nights ago I passed two guys looping back and forth through a muddy stretch of road spinning out and ripping it up with their 4wheelers. Looks like they'd been at if a while. Kinda just feels like 2 solid weeks of memorial day weekend.
Posted By: walleyed

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by vermontster
Had a group of people from Connecticut come to VT for three days. They have a seasonal home. They rode five dirt bikes tearing up the mountain trails and destroyed the water bar’s. The town had just graded the dirt road and they spun that up as well. We have a lot of people from NJ,NY,MASS and CONN. coming into VT . When I have to go shopping I was a first seeing them with two shopping carts. Now mostly using one cart. It’s really seems like they have stretched our resources . The cashiers say they constantly have to tell them to put things back that are restricted to two to a customer even the convenience stores are saying the same thing. I understand them coming here but it’s frustrating when they are so irresponsible.

That's pretty comical.

I'm experiencing the same thing in reverse.

Except it's VERMONSTERS invading
our rural towns along Eastern Lake Ontario
to fish for Rainbow Trout & Steelhead on our
local rivers, streams, brooks, and creeks.

I saw more green Vermont plates on the roads
than I did New York State plates.

Hopefully, they are not infected with the nasty virus.

w
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by EdP
It's not a north vs south thing, both the OP and the visitors are northern. I think it more rural vs urban. Some is a matter of education and some is just feeling entitled to do what ever they want to do.

Exactly

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by EdP

Exactly

Idiots have no bounds really.
Posted By: k snow

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Originally Posted by EdP

Exactly

Basic respect would fix a lot of this behavior.

Its not a rural/urban thing either. A lot of the "rural" people around here are transplants from the city who want to live in the country. They bring their entitled mindset with them.

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 02:30 PM

Be better if we blame the people doing it then looking for some group to blame that does not include the person making the statements. LOL I see beer bottles and cans all year long on the roads along with fast food trash, that’s the locals that don’t appreciate what they have. I have trash in my truck that I picked up no clue who tossed it.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: People coming to VT - 04/06/20 02:39 PM

Most folks living in the country go to work in town. Well, just move there. You ain’t got any business here no how.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums