Home

If the Coronavirus goes away by summer

Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

If the Coronavirus goes away by summer - 04/06/20 10:35 AM

how long will it be before you will safe to go into crowds such a weddings, stadiums, etc.? I have season college football tickets. I really have to think about if I want to attend the games. Since this virus is an unknown thing, it might even bei lingering around as in a dormant stage.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: If the Coronavirus goes away by summer - 04/06/20 10:44 AM

a lot will be learned between now and then.
Posted By: danny clifton

Re: If the Coronavirus goes away by summer - 04/06/20 10:55 AM

We are at 29 deaths per million people now. At least officially. Seems to be very likely now though that number is inflated.
Posted By: Co�s

Re: If the Coronavirus goes away by summer - 04/06/20 11:49 AM

Every week we're revising our expectations on when things will get back to normal. Large gatherings like sports events won't be a normal thing until a vaccine is widely available. Estimates for that are 18 months at best.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: If the Coronavirus goes away by summer - 04/06/20 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Coös
Every week we're revising our expectations on when things will get back to normal. Large gatherings like sports events won't be a normal thing until a vaccine is widely available. Estimates for that are 18 months at best.

I believe you are right.
Posted By: Marty B

Re: If the Coronavirus goes away by summer - 04/06/20 12:38 PM

CO officials are predicting the infections won't peak there till sept.
Posted By: Kart29

Re: If the Coronavirus goes away by summer - 04/06/20 01:04 PM

You were never safe to go into crowds before this new Coronavirus. There have always been dangerous communicable infections that you can get from being around other people. Tuberculosis, Hep A, Influenza, various fungal infections - they are all dangerous and communicable and for all of our lives we've been going out an living life without unreasonable fear.

This virus isn't going to go away by this summer. It's out there and you are likely to eventually contact it. We are not going to eliminate this virus by staying home. We are just trying to slow it down so everyone doesn't catch it at once, and hopefully buying ourselves some time to find better ways of treating it and preparing the supplies and equipment needed to help those who get seriously ill.

Stop worrying so much. You were never as safe as you think you were and the future is not as dangerous as you imagine.

Also, I know a woman who caught it. She's been home with her family for the past two weeks - now 8 days since she had to go to the hospital. None of the other four members in the family have any signs of being sick. I don't think it's always as highly contagious as the news makes us imagine.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: If the Coronavirus goes away by summer - 04/06/20 01:08 PM

Heard on the news this morning that it's suspected a zoo employee gave the virus to a tiger. That means pet owners infected could transfer the virus to their pets?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums