Home

Unemployment.from covid

Posted By: coonman220

Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 07:49 PM

Just got lay off 1 pt job , lot ppl loose jobs this week very bad, about right now an by end week area, orders fell of metal factory to nothing, I call ui an email, this talk loose job because covid an big ui money is bs, it something like get or wait to, I got subtract other pt job from ui check, if even get it , temp agency well for sure protest, so get shaft bad, might be better forget ui, get food stamps maybe $100 month
Posted By: pcr2

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 07:58 PM

as a struggling actor,i need all the breaks i can get.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 08:21 PM

You have thrown in the towel before you have even tried.If they fight against you fight back and stand up for yourself.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 08:24 PM

Anyone want to translate that.
Posted By: Lance Squires

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 08:24 PM

You should be eligible for unemployment benefits if you were laid off. Apply and find out. You've got time to do it now.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 08:25 PM

Not sure how they will deal with 2 part time jobs as some states only offer benefits to full time workers.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by coonman220
Just got lay off 1 pt job , lot ppl loose jobs this week very bad, about right now an by end week area, orders fell of metal factory to nothing, I call ui an email, this talk loose job because covid an big ui money is bs, it something like get or wait to, I got subtract other pt job from ui check, if even get it , temp agency well for sure protest, so get shaft bad, might be better forget ui, get food stamps maybe $100 month

this is your chance to start that grocery shoppin biz

people give you a list and you go buy what is on the list and deliver to their door , you get 25 bucks or 10 % whatever is more.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 08:29 PM

Lots of places hiring like Wally World and grocery stores I’d start looking around.

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 08:31 PM

you could use a break today..at McDonalds
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 08:32 PM

Dang that sucks.
Posted By: BernieB.

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 08:37 PM

Wish I was on unemployment right now I would be making way more money! I'm self employed so not eligible, although things really went in the tank for me. Been a tough month.
Posted By: Pasadena

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by pcr2
as a struggling actor,i need all the breaks i can get.

Libbity Bibbity
Posted By: Jim H

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 08:47 PM

You might be eligible for partial benefits but you won't know until you try! If you state Covid-19 as the reason for the layoff, you should be eligible. A lot depends on factors such as how many days are you still working at the other job?
Posted By: Wild_Idaho

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Hornady Reloader

I'll give it a shot: " I just got laid off one part time job. Lots of people have lost jobs this week and that is very bad. __________ <<< (No idea what he was trying to say after that)...the metal factory is not receiving orders anymore. I called unemployment, as well as emailed them. All this talk of losing jobs because of COVID-19 and then getting an unemployment bonus of $600 is BS. It's something I have to wait too long for. I was told that I have to subtract the money I make from my other part time job from the unemployment check I would receive, assuming I even get it. The temp agency I have my other job through will definitely protest, so I will get the shaft with no lube. Might be better to forget unemployment and get $100 of food stamps a month.

Original Below:

"Just got lay off 1 pt job , lot ppl loose jobs this week very bad, about right now an by end week area, orders fell of metal factory to nothing, I call ui an email, this talk loose job because covid an big ui money is bs, it something like get or wait to, I got subtract other pt job from ui check, if even get it , temp agency well for sure protest, so get shaft bad, might be better forget ui, get food stamps maybe $100 month"

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 08:50 PM

It call care act. I just found it. Nothing do with State, maybe get additional money comes though, I off 1 job till 27 th, I got go ahead this time to file unemployment ftom. Temp agency. Lot jobs went down tubes this week especally area, it fed stuff, I owe back taxes. I be lucky get additional money if it does happen , unless nothing do it, irs withholds soacil security if owe taxes they told me
Posted By: corky

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 08:52 PM

With the schools closed there should be openings for online English tutors.
Posted By: beaverpeeler

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by corky

grin grin grin
Posted By: Boco

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 09:16 PM

With all the "wet markets" closing down,there might be a surge in demand for coonmeat on a stick.
I'd check into that.
Posted By: Jurassic Park

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 09:18 PM

Coonman, this may be a little off topic but do you have a girlfriend?
Posted By: Boco

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 09:22 PM

That reminds me of a buddy of mine.
He said times were so tough he was going to have to make his woman go out and get a job.
And if it gets worse he may have to go look for one himself.
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

Till they find out he don't pay his taxes!
Posted By: DelawareRob

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by GROUSEWIT
Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

Till they find out he don't pay his taxes!

As long as he doesn’t speed through town on his way to work he should be ok.

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 10:08 PM

go eat your beets
Posted By: DanN

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 10:10 PM

go eat your beets

If you were paying attention I never got them.
Posted By: hrdtoflw

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 10:25 PM

Coonman, just file your claim to find out. That is the only way to find out. Do yourself a favor, and get away from the temp agency, if you can. It can be very hard to do, I know, but you have to find employment where someone else is not sucking your wages out of your pocket.
Good luck and I hope you get it!
Posted By: Sawmill Creek

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 10:41 PM

People on unemployment in NY are now in some instances making more than they were working. They are getting their regular uib and another $600/week supplement on top of that
Posted By: fix it mike

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 10:42 PM

Unreal
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 10:49 PM

Dollar General is looking for employees. $12.50/hr
Posted By: bwtrapper

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 11:48 PM

Just filed yesterday in wisconsin. $370 a week. Less than half my paycheck. Still have a waiting week. People who think people on unemployment are goofy. Or is it just our idiot governor?
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/08/20 11:51 PM

Reading this thread....is Awesome ! When I got to Corkys Post....an onion ring came out my nose........lol
Posted By: GROUSEWIT

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 12:38 AM

go eat your beets

grin
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by bwtrapper
Just filed yesterday in wisconsin. $370 a week. Less than half my paycheck. Still have a waiting week. People who think people on unemployment are goofy. Or is it just our idiot governor?

If your State is paying you State unemployment benefits, you should be eligible for the $600 federal stimulus unemployment on top of that. Look into it.

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 01:39 AM

Mine is just partial claim, the additional money is uncertain an nothing to do with your unemployment check. It is maybe. There is 3 week wait. Like may bfore I get check. If everything go right. No protest from other employer who still working for who likely well. Another 3 week delay. I figgure loosing $300 plus in 2 wk layoff. I have be pretty desperate to work local Walmart or some low job for $11,w Walmart is covid hangout, I scared covid at clesner job I have. They wont buy any garbage bags an dump them in 1 or 2 cans an then dumpster an disenfevtant esch garbage can takes long time
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 01:46 AM

Its time to hit the plasma center!!

Or go look for deer sheds during the hours when you were working at the factory, if your knee can hold out. Lots of fresh air, your own boss, might get more trapping territory talking to landowners. I don't know what covid has don to the Chinese desire and price for antler, but if its still up around $8 a pound for fresh bone, it might be fun. Maybe more fun than posting on trapper man-- if that can be possible...
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 01:49 AM

BW,you will get 970.00 a week.370.00plus the $600.00 a week from the stimulus package.
Tom
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 02:06 AM

I was laid off a couple weeks ago but my former employer is stretching my severance out over the next month, so I don't qualify for unemployment benefits until then. I haven't seen anything about the $600 being paid out though, only the $370 I qualify for through the state, but that's not getting paid because of the way my severance is being paid. But maybe that's because it's a federal payment? Idk, I've worked the last 10 years and never had to deal with unemployment.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 02:07 AM

Unemployment could top the great depression %'s in the coming months......lots of folks were furloughed with pay for now.....
Posted By: cotton

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 02:10 AM

one of these days i'll learn to keep sitting on my hands and not open these
Posted By: ou812

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed

In this case ,safer for society than the sperm bank I guess.
Posted By: Jim H

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by tlguy
I was laid off a couple weeks ago but my former employer is stretching my severance out over the next month, so I don't qualify for unemployment benefits until then. I haven't seen anything about the $600 being paid out though, only the $370 I qualify for through the state, but that's not getting paid because of the way my severance is being paid. But maybe that's because it's a federal payment? Idk, I've worked the last 10 years and never had to deal with unemployment.

Your employer stretching out the payments will delay ui but IF your layoff is due to Covid19 and you indicated that when you filed, you should be eligible for your state benefits and the $600 federal. ... at least in NY.... the $600 became effective 4/5. That's what the state is telling us right now.
Posted By: martentrapper

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by corky

Best one all day, corky! Thank you
mt
Posted By: Nessmuck

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Wild_Idaho
Originally Posted by Hornady Reloader

I'll give it a shot: " I just got laid off one part time job. Lots of people have lost jobs this week and that is very bad. __________ <<< (No idea what he was trying to say after that)...the metal factory is not receiving orders anymore. I called unemployment, as well as emailed them. All this talk of losing jobs because of COVID-19 and then getting an unemployment bonus of $600 is BS. It's something I have to wait too long for. I was told that I have to subtract the money I make from my other part time job from the unemployment check I would receive, assuming I even get it. The temp agency I have my other job through will definitely protest, so I will get the shaft with no lube. Might be better to forget unemployment and get $100 of food stamps a month.

Original Below:

"Just got lay off 1 pt job , lot ppl loose jobs this week very bad, about right now an by end week area, orders fell of metal factory to nothing, I call ui an email, this talk loose job because covid an big ui money is bs, it something like get or wait to, I got subtract other pt job from ui check, if even get it , temp agency well for sure protest, so get shaft bad, might be better forget ui, get food stamps maybe $100 month"

LMAO.....your killing me...
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 03:38 AM

Tlguy-Sometimes it is best to call your own State's Unemployment line the get the straight story on such things. I know that Wisconsin is swamped right now so plan on camping out on the phone but it might be worth your while.

Moosetrot
Posted By: cwtrapper

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 03:53 AM

I don't know about other states. Here in Wisconsin. Unemployment is paid out by the state. However it is funded by employers paying into it. At least a fair amount is.

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 02:14 PM

In Iowa there saying the additional funds are nothing do with ur unemployment an fed program, funds are not available at this time. An uncertain when or if well be. Just that trump sign it, go online an look it up on ur unemployment for state.wouldnt surprise me if this an stimlous an everthing fall though an nothing
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 02:29 PM

Coonman, I know guys who got the six hundred extra this week on their Unemployment.

I'm trying to be nice when I say this but try not to be so negative and go file a claim. Worse thing that can happen is you get denied. If you are able to open a claim you will get $600 a week stimulus.

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 02:48 PM

Maybe they are allowing so much a state an not come Iowa yet. If fed take it from me for back taxes owed on unemployment years back where never elected to have tax tooken out. An added up to lot, I hope they just take extra care act an stimlous money , not whole unemployment check, i got $351 for partial claim for 2 weeks back jabuary, I thinking it just effect the extra fed money if it's keep it back from back taxes, like a marker on ur name in irs computer ?
Posted By: wetdog

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 03:27 PM

Apply for a small business loan and start an ADC business.
Seems to me it is something in life you enjoy, so go for the thing you enjoy and build a career out of it.
Or is that to much work as well?

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 03:33 PM

pay off the back taxes and open up youre opportunities.they wont go away.contact a co that will negotiate a settlement with payments.
Posted By: Hornady Reloader

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 03:35 PM

I heard here in Pa. that people are waiting weeks for a check. Hope you make out.
Posted By: harleydparts

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by ou812
Originally Posted by NonPCfed

In this case ,safer for society than the sperm bank I guess.

Truer words never spoken.

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 03:53 PM

and i'm the bully. grin
Posted By: hippie

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 04:31 PM

No, that was me for questioning if I understood him correctly before giving him good advise.

Same crap, different day.
Posted By: rex123

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 05:35 PM

If you sign up and get unemployment you will get $600 dollars extra for 4 weeks. I f they take all or part of it for back taxes at least that problem is off you back. By the way just curious but as little as you say you make how do you owe taxes? Why not go to H@R block and let them look at your problem they don't charge for advise.AND DON'T SAY IT WILL COST TO MUCH IN GAS TO DRIVE THERE.

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 05:36 PM

but
Posted By: lumberjack391

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 06:34 PM

Yeabut…..
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 06:45 PM

My wife is getting unemployment and she did not get the extra $600
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/09/20 07:05 PM

Sounds like the extra $600 is just getting started, but will be paid retroactively to a couple weeks ago.

Re: Unemployment.from covid - 04/10/20 01:36 AM

Wait an see if happens. I wouldnt get excited about it , maybe not. At minuim, 3 week wait unployment. I say longer. Hopefully can file on phone. No computer access. Contact them iffy
© 2024 Trapperman Forums