Home

Zero turn mowers

Posted By: jv220

Zero turn mowers - 04/09/20 11:15 PM

Looking to buy a zero turn 60 inch either cub cadet , gravely , or bad boy... who has them.?
Posted By: Providence Farm

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/09/20 11:18 PM

I have a 72" big dog. I use my equipment hard and mow 12 hrs a week with it. I'm beyond pleased using it the last 3 years. Sharpen the blades and change the oil and it goes and goes.
Posted By: Law Dog

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/09/20 11:24 PM

We bought a Toro except for the tires it’s a great mover so far I get a flat I change the tire.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/09/20 11:30 PM

I have had two toro o turns for many years now. Good mowers.
Posted By: SGT. C

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/09/20 11:49 PM

Exmark and Hustler are very good mowers. The last one i had was a Hustler 54 inch, cost was $9000. But worth every bit when making money with it. Sarge
Posted By: MJM

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/09/20 11:57 PM

I have a cub cadet with a Honda motor in it. That was what made the choice for me. Seems like it is a 48" but not sure.
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/10/20 12:01 AM

I have a hustler super mini z, that I’ve had for 15 year now with no problems till last year . I blew the engine last fall $2000.00 for a new engine for it .
Posted By: We-Sa

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/10/20 12:11 AM

We bought an Ariens with a 52 inch deck and a Kawasaki engine last year. We only mow a large lot with it, (<1/2 acre), so it's not used very hard but it runs good and has plenty of power.

My youngest works at Lowe's and said she has never seen one come back or heard any complaints.
Posted By: Deerhunter51

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/10/20 12:16 AM

John Deere Z535. 62” deck / 25 hp V twin - been a great mower for me so far.
Posted By: j crow

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/10/20 12:36 AM

I’ve got a 65 inch bad boy and it’s great, no complaints with it, I’ve had it for 4 years now
Posted By: JAMIE-S.

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/10/20 12:41 AM

Check out Altoz mower. Awesome mowers! Built in northern MN.
Posted By: BBarnes

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/10/20 01:37 AM

Scag makes a great mower.

B
Posted By: Owen156

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/10/20 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by BBarnes
Scag makes a great mower.

B

I second the Scag, built like a tank. Buy a commercial grade mower and it will last a lifetime. I cut 5 acres and went from a Cub Cadet to Scag and cut my mowing time in half. Scag also gives 15% veterans discount or 0% financing. Also look at Exmark.
Posted By: old243

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/10/20 01:52 AM

I have a gravely 60 inch. This will be third year. Cut about an acre and a half of grass. Keep blades sharp and service at least yearly. Wife likes cutting too. old243
Posted By: run

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/10/20 01:57 AM

54" Hustler . 20 hp. Honda gas does ok.
Posted By: LDW

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/10/20 02:56 AM

I have a Ferris that has 1800 hrs on it and just replaced the belts for the first time. I have mowed so much, the cords were showing on the rear tires. Has a 26hp Kawasaki that doesn't burn a drop of oil. It has coil over shocks on all 4 corners and rides better than my pickup. This spring I replaced all 4 tires and the blade spindles, hopefully that will do it. Have run synthetic oil since day one.It's been a tremendous machine.
Posted By: Flipper 56

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/10/20 03:08 AM

72" Commercial grade Exmark here and I had a 60" and 72" that we mowed with when I ran an airport for 10 years. I am sold on Exmark. I agree, buy a good commercial one and you shouldn't ever need another if you take care of it.
Posted By: Scout1

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/10/20 09:51 AM

I bought a cub last year with a 24hp. Kawasaki. Zero turn with the steering wheel. I have some steep hills it does great on. I looked at the cub dealers used mowers. I know their small engine guy real god and he was telling me for the money the bad boy mowers are great.
Posted By: Willy Firewood

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/10/20 10:14 AM

I have Scag Turf Tiger II.
It is one of the best pieces of equipment I have ever bought. It reduced mowing time from
3.75 hours to 1.75 hours.
That is less than half of the rime from using a subcompact diesel tractor with a belly mower.
Cuts better than anything.

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/11/20 02:12 AM

Thank you for the replies ... looked at a hustler tonight ..
a super z ... it was a 2016 model 60” 25 horse Kawasaki they want 9400
.... but new... 0 hours... also looked at a Ferris ....isx 800 61” 27 horse Briggs and Stratton commercial Efi 7999

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/14/20 11:37 PM

Just looked at a big dog tonight....a stout 60” ...looks nice for the price.
Posted By: Nittany Lion

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/15/20 11:41 AM

I have a 60" Toro, never had a flat tire yet.
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/15/20 11:50 AM

I have had a few flat tires on mine on the front tires, never the rear yet. It seems mine loose air at times when they sit for a while. Once they loose pressure the rubber is pretty hard on those smooth tires and all that bouncing around they will jump off the rim.

I finally broke down the tires and put some of that black bead seal stuff around the rim and that did the trick. My mower runs 50 psi in the front tires. You let them get low and they will jump off the rim.
Posted By: bandy

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/15/20 12:09 PM

I have a bad boy love it my mowing time went from 3 hr to 1 hr.
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/15/20 12:27 PM

Neighbor just put a few hundred in his. Dealer service, then the clutch that starts the mower, then last time out blew a hose.
Posted By: 4fisher

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/15/20 01:06 PM

They're all good mowers. But like anything, all of them will probably have an issue somewhere down the road. I asked same question a number of years back. I ended up buying a 60 in Hustler. Look at the warranties and incentives that are offered. Is there a dealer/mechanic close by?

I work at a golf course and we've had a number of zero turns. A few years back the course purchased two husqvarnas, commercial grade, identical mowers. Boss was skeptical about buying husqvarna, but the deal was too good to pass up. One turned ou to be a fantastic mower, no problems, still using it today. The other one was ran for a summer, constantly needed work, turned out to be junk. Last year we purchased a Toro Z-Master, a $30,000 mower. For that kind of money you'd think you have a pretty good product. This particular mower has not been a good mower, lots of issues. but the exact same mower sitting on the showroom floor was probably an excellent mower!
Posted By: pintail_drake04

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/15/20 01:16 PM

I have a Hustler Raptor 52" and a Husqvarna 54" Zero Turn. I much prefer the Hustler over the Husqvarna. It handles, rides, and cuts much better. I use to cut 3 acres with a Cub Cadet riding mower that I borrowed from a land lord. It was a good mower. When I bought my farm, the 2 zero turn mowers were part of the deal. I wont be without one now if I have to mow.
Posted By: 3togo

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/15/20 01:40 PM

For those that aren't aware, I believe Ferris was the inventor of zero turn mowers. I used to drive by the plant on the way to college each week back in the late 60's. I'm guessing they had some patents until they expired years later which allowed other manufacturers to produce them.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/15/20 03:36 PM

I have a 64 inch Snapper commercial mower. It runs great, but the blades are really hard to remove. I had to buy two 36 inch breaker bars to get them off.
Posted By: k snow

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/15/20 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Trapper7
I have a 64 inch Snapper commercial mower. It runs great, but the blades are really hard to remove. I had to buy two 36 inch breaker bars to get them off.

I see some of the high end hustlers have a flip up deck. Sure would make getting the blades off a lot easier.
Posted By: run

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/15/20 04:37 PM

Walker mowers are the Snap-On of zero turn mowers. They're crazy expensive.

Re: Zero turn mowers - 04/18/20 10:06 PM

Ended up getting a country clipper.... Boss with 60" deck and kawisaki motor
© 2024 Trapperman Forums