Home

Biblical baking advice.

Posted By: run

Biblical baking advice. - 04/10/20 09:17 AM

I really appreciate Nessie's bread baking thread. Here's 2 verses that go with this theme. Galatians 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump. 1 Corinthians 5:6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? King James version. Leaven means yeast. I thought these 2 verses go pretty well with the bread baking advice. Please have fun with your bread.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Biblical baking advice. - 04/10/20 12:31 PM

Do you understand what the verses are saying?

They are saying that it only takes a small amount of leavening to make the whole batch rise. In the larger context, it is saying that only a small amount of ungodly people will ruin everyone.
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Biblical baking advice. - 04/10/20 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by CoonsBane

They are saying that it only takes a small amount of leavening to make the whole batch rise. In the larger context, it is saying that only a small amount of ungodly people will ruin everyone.

This. A bad apple ruins the whole basket. LLL

Re: Biblical baking advice. - 04/10/20 01:05 PM

Thanks, I was hoping someone would provide the commentary, have a good day.
Posted By: bblwi

Re: Biblical baking advice. - 04/10/20 03:49 PM

One can also look at it from the "glass half full" approach and say that a small amount of good can go a long way. I choose to look at it from that interpretation and others are free to assess as they choose.

Bryce
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Biblical baking advice. - 04/10/20 04:09 PM

From the Book of Nessie 5:19....

Flipper...you got fresh yeast....? Old yeast will make pie

Moosetrot
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: Biblical baking advice. - 04/10/20 07:02 PM

There was hardly any baking after easter. Jesus famous last words " hide the eggs " That put a real dent in baking as it was known. Pizza was pretty much all that could be made after that.
Posted By: waggler

Re: Biblical baking advice. - 04/10/20 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by CoonsBane

I don't think so; that would be a convenient way to put blame on other people. It's saying if we let a little bit of sin (leaven) into our life, it has a way of growing to be a whole lot of sin.

Re: Biblical baking advice. - 04/11/20 12:19 AM

Thanks for your contributions , everyone.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: Biblical baking advice. - 04/11/20 12:57 AM

These are from Paul's letters to the churchs that he started. He is writing to give them advice and to scold them for allowing some of their members to sin in certain ways. He is addressing the church as a group, not specific individuals. This is why he is speaking about a small amount of bad spoiling the good and why it is addressing the actions of others (although it does also apply to everyone.)
© 2024 Trapperman Forums