Home

Is this curve flattening ?

Posted By: Canvasback2

Is this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 06:31 PM

[Linked Image]

This is the Coronavirus confirmed cases in my County so far. This supposed curve does not look like it is flattening.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Is this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 06:34 PM

Depends on your perspective.... smile
Posted By: Yes sir

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 06:34 PM

I would agree. We are just starting to see a few cases here in the last week or so. Be interesting to see how crazy the infection rate will get here.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 06:39 PM

Sure would like to see it flatten out and head down. Still see way to many people not wearing mask or gloves.
Posted By: Grandpa Trapper

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 06:40 PM

Nope, not flattening. I wonder how many counties in the U.S. have flattening curves.

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 06:47 PM

If you listen to the 'experts' predictions since January you will realize that they do not know what they are talking about and should just say that.

I am no economics expert but if you shut down the world economy for months you can expect things to get ugly....so, that's my prediction.

Gonna Get Ugly...
Posted By: bblwi

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 06:48 PM

We have not been given any real data or information on how long the flattened curve will stay at a plateau either. If the real reason for flattening the curve is to not overwhelm the health care system then we should be working on plans on how to move forward with flat line case numbers which to me means a real serious commitment for testing and testing millions and millions of people not 10s of thosands.

Bryce
Posted By: bblwi

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 06:49 PM

We have not been given any real data or information on how long the flattened curve will stay at a plateau either. If the real reason for flattening the curve is to not overwhelm the health care system then we should be working on plans on how to move forward with flat line case numbers which to me means a real serious commitment for testing and testing millions and millions of people not 10s of thosands.

Bryce
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
[Linked Image]

This is the Coronavirus confirmed cases in my County so far. This supposed curve does not look like it is flattening.

I never get that good of cell service in my county.
Posted By: Getting There

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 06:56 PM

IF you look at CA, you will see a few flat curves for a day or two but go right back up.

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 07:04 PM

There has been no talk about the exit strategy from keeping the country/world locked down.

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 07:27 PM

I think I should take a nice LONG vacation to Alaska , until this Corona Virus goes away !!! smile
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 07:40 PM

If you look at the graph at a 45 degree angle tilting your head left. It looks pretty flat. laugh
Posted By: Co�s

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 07:44 PM

Maybe they mean the right end of the curve is dead flat, right down to zero. Hard for us blockheads to read those fancy graphs.
Posted By: Sawmill Creek

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 07:51 PM

I'm in Cattaraugus. What county are you in?
Posted By: Pike River

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 08:07 PM

Yes the curve is flattening.

WI should peak this next week and plateau for a bit amd tapper off in the next 4 weeks/month.

I'm hoping to be back to normal by memorial day.
Posted By: Gary Benson

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 08:13 PM

Democrats have spent the last 4 yrs doing nothing but trying to ruin Trump. Now they have this to work with. Do you really think this will end soon?

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Democrats have spent the last 4 yrs doing nothing but trying to ruin Trump. Now they have this to work with. Do you really think this will end soon?

This is exactly true. Proof is in front of our eyes and I don't see how any level headed person can't see it and never vote for a Democrat again. These crooks took their anger out and punished the citizens.
Posted By: Boco

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 08:28 PM

They are saying here that nothing will be back to normal in the cities until a vaccine is developed and that likely wont happen for 18 months to 2 years.They are also saying normal will not be the normal that we knew before the virus.There will be lifestyle changes imposed similar to the magnitude of the permanent changes after 911.

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Boco
They are saying here that nothing will be back to normal in the cities until a vaccine is developed and that likely wont happen for 18 months to 2 years.They are also saying normal will not be the normal that we knew before the virus.There will be lifestyle changes imposed similar to the magnitude of the permanent changes after 911.

All scare tactics.

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 08:48 PM

Scare for what?
That doesnt scare me.

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 09:32 PM

According to John Hopkins University, (liberal) the U.S. surpassed Italy today with death toll. U.S is claiming 20,283 now. Two weeks ago yesterday it was 1800. Keep in mind all numbers we see are likely to be skewed to further each reporters agenda.
Posted By: yukon254

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 09:41 PM

This needs a correction.....that is indeed what our idiot PM is saying....it is not however what President Trump and most governors are saying. Some states are already getting back to work
Posted By: cfowler

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Marty
Gonna Get Ugly...

It could. I think we’re a lot further from “over-the-hump” than most realize or are prepared to admit to themselves.
Posted By: Marathon

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 10:22 PM

By manipulating the horizontal axis or the vertical axis, a person can make a graph "look" better or worse depending on what he or she wants. A person could also take the given (limited) data and generate a function(s) to match it, but these functions(s) could be manipulated as well to project a probable future outcome. One thing that isn't happening is exponential spreading. If someone states it's spreading exponentially, one of two things is for certain: 1. That person has no idea of what they are talking about. 2. That person does know what they are talking about, and we are all doomed!
Posted By: cfowler

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Marathon
If someone states it's spreading exponentially, one of two things is for certain: 1. That person has no idea of what they are talking about. 2. That person does know what they are talking about, and we are all doomed!

That’s pretty accurate.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 10:44 PM

We had 3 confirmed cases 10 days ago and we have 3 confirmed cases today. Praying it stays that way

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by yukon254

This needs a correction.....that is indeed what our idiot PM is saying....it is not however what President Trump and most governors are saying. Some states are already getting back to work

Not from the PM-From the health authorities.Same intel from health authorities in other countries as well.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 11:09 PM

What type of permanent changes do you foresee?
Posted By: walleye101

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/11/20 11:28 PM

According to John Hopkins University, (liberal) the U.S. surpassed Italy today with death toll. U.S is claiming 20,283 now. Two weeks ago yesterday it was 1800. Keep in mind all numbers we see are likely to be skewed to further each reporters agenda.

Yep that was all over the news today. Nobody bothered to mention that Italy has 60 million people compared to US 350 million.

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 12:19 AM

Maybe the sky is falling and we will become Canada.
Posted By: Co�s

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Diggerman

Maybe the sky is falling and we will become Canada.

If the out of this world fishing and canoeing comes along with it, sounds like a pretty good deal to me

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 12:36 AM

Our county has flatten out at 0, last week we had 0 cases and 0 deaths, this week we have 0 cases and 0 deaths, but it could double anytime.

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by cfowler
Originally Posted by Marty
Gonna Get Ugly...

It could. I think we’re a lot further from “over-the-hump” than most realize or are prepared to admit to themselves.

We have not even started to climb up the hump....

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 01:00 AM

So far 3 reported cases in my town since this all began.. I don't know anyone personally who got the virus. Do any of you?
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 01:09 AM

Do You All Need it to kill #s of people to be happy????

If the death rate is low You complain that all the efforts were in vain when They could be low because weve had all the containment efforts.

Seriously. Try and be happy Today....Are you alive? Are you not ill?

Then just stop your bravado crap talk and give Thanks!!!!

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 01:09 AM

If you know 700 people well enough to know if any of them tested positive for the kung flu you might know 1 person with it....statistically..

500,000 kung flu people out of 350,000,000 in USA. 1 in 700.

1 in 700 infected is not really a pandemic.....
Posted By: Dana I

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 01:24 AM

The curve is appearing to flatten on a STATEWIDE basis. That does not mean it is flat in each and every county. However it is only a few days of flat, that is not in my opinion a definite flattening of the curve.

X2 on 330-Trappers post
Posted By: K52

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Yes sir
I would agree. We are just starting to see a few cases here in the last week or so. Be interesting to see how crazy the infection rate will get here.

Our county has had 5 cases and 4 have recovered with no hospitalization and no deaths. One case is still active but not hospitalized. I firmly believe that this virus has been here since late November and a lot of people have already had it before they tested for it.
Posted By: WadeRyan

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 01:26 AM

I'm very happy 330- I don't know if I'll be happy in 6 months if they keep everyone on lock-down. As my signature states I know it's a hard thing for some people to grasp but unfortunately at some point everyone of you are going to die. I'm included in that. I passed Wal-mart today and no less than 50-60 cars. We have known community spread Covid for over a week here. Everyone that's infected should be symptomatic at this point. Not a thing shows they are becoming deathly ill.

People die every single day and they will die tomorrow. I don't need this thing to kill off a certain number of people to be satisfied but I do believe it has been over done in the media and we've created an even bigger monster. The United States has shown it's not as tough as people like to believe and it wasn't war that brought it to it's knees.
Posted By: vegasjim

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 01:29 AM

We seem to be in Idaho.
Posted By: Dillrod

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
[Linked Image]

Is this a running total of all cases detected ? That would explain the continuous rise.

i watch the number of new cases per day and it does show a flattened curve for my state ( couple of days ago ).

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 01:41 AM

[Linked Image]

This is the current active cases of corona virus in the County. The other red graph, was the total number of cases detected.
Posted By: BigSky

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 01:41 AM

This whole pansidemic is proof that the majority of the US population will believe exactly what the media tells them. I especially like the reporters wearing masks while reporting and no one is around but the camera person.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 02:46 AM

yes it is starting to flatten , will be easier to see in another week

if we could cut Milwaukee out and give it to IL or MI it would look a lot better

part of the problem is while this started as a disease of Affluence it only took 2 weeks to become one of poverty.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Calvin

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by 330-Trapper
Do You All Need it to kill #s of people to be happy????

If the death rate is low You complain that all the efforts were in vain when They could be low because weve had all the containment efforts.

Seriously. Try and be happy Today....Are you alive? Are you not ill?

Then just stop your bravado crap talk and give Thanks!!!!

Kinda how I see it, too.

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
yes it is starting to flatten , will be easier to see in another week

if we could cut Milwaukee out and give it to IL or MI it would look a lot better

part of the problem is while this started as a disease of Affluence it only took 2 weeks to become one of poverty.

[Linked Image]

Any idea what is causing the alternate day pattern since April 3? Some difference in reporting every other day?
Posted By: coonman220

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 04:19 PM

Unfortunately. It go up everyday in Iowa, I heard by end month to early may , really bad, 3-500 day ? Probly end may I's when die out an slow way down, I sucipicipus another wave. Or another worse viris to come upcoming, I find hard believe that this stuff was not intentionally made
Posted By: AntiGov

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 04:27 PM

The chip in the forehead is comming

You wanna go to the store , board a plane , get a job , or go to school ...........you will need the chip
Posted By: seniortrap

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 04:30 PM

Turn that chart over!
Posted By: hippie

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 05:42 PM

It's just moving, creeping into the countryside from the cities now.
Posted By: lobo

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 06:20 PM

Numbers scare people. The numbers make it look a lot worse. If they posted percentage of the population being afflicted it wouldn't sound as bad. 500,000 sounds a lot worse than a fraction of one percent.
Posted By: coonman220

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 06:50 PM

Ya but how many reported cases. An ppl not tested that positive., Supposed be 1out 4 ppl have it, end April , I could had it January ? Record amount t cough drops ever. Very sick, went work, was off shutdown during worst it, I believe get tooth pull , was from all cough drops , get it back agsin ?

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/12/20 11:21 PM

[Linked Image]
It hasnt flattened according to Johns Hopkins..

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/13/20 11:52 AM

Figures lie and liars figure. Apparently one of the symptoms must be the emasculation of a large part of the population.

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/13/20 12:05 PM

[Linked Image]
It hasnt flattened according to Johns Hopkins..

It appears you are looking at a graph of confirmed cases. Since we have ramped up testing it is only logical that confirmed cases would go up.
Posted By: Trapper7

Re: If this curve flattening ? - 04/13/20 01:34 PM

On TV this morning, Dr Fauci said he is "cautiously optimistic" that a good part of the US will reopen in May.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums