Home

Baby coons

Posted By: gregh

Baby coons - 04/14/20 01:22 AM

Saw my first baby coon of the year a few minutes ago. He was out by his self I did not see any others with him that was unusual I thought.
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: Baby coons - 04/14/20 02:08 AM

Was this a late yearling or a nursing size baby?
Posted By: Joe krogman

Re: Baby coons - 04/14/20 02:14 AM

I've been seeing a lot.of sick coons during daylight since season has closed. Seeing more than normal just wondering around in circles
Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Baby coons - 04/14/20 03:00 AM

Ours are just birthing in our area late March to early April. Don't usually see them out with mom for several weeks yet. Never can predict nature at times
Posted By: gregh

Re: Baby coons - 04/14/20 03:27 PM

This was a nursing size baby.
Posted By: 1lessdog

Re: Baby coons - 04/14/20 05:51 PM

A couple yrs ago I seen a coon in a newly planted bean field, maybe 100 yds off the road. And it was walking in circles also. I went by there 3 days in a row and was still out there walking in circles. I finally shot it on the 3rd day. I dont know if it had Distemper or Rabies.
Posted By: River Birch

Re: Baby coons - 04/14/20 06:01 PM

There is always the chance Momma became dinner...

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Bob Jameson

Re: Baby coons - 04/14/20 07:41 PM

A month or so back I was on the front porch one night just after dark. Heard a coon squeal what I would say was a death scream. Only lasted 10-15 seconds. Figured a coyote grabbed one and shook it and that was that. Wasn't too far off in the woods as best I could tell.. One of those quiet still evenings. That photo says it well.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: Baby coons - 04/14/20 09:50 PM

I don't think coon is real high on the menu at least the ones I discard they like possum skunk deer and muskrat real good
© 2024 Trapperman Forums