Home

The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19

Posted By: Canvasback2

The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 08:08 PM

The Preacher said that GOD was greater than COVID-19, and that GOD would save and protect him....

I guess "GOD".... was not listening !! The Preacher died !!!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ger-dreaded-virus-dies-covid-19-n1183281
Posted By: Hutchy

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 08:09 PM

This should be good.
Posted By: Boco

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 08:11 PM

Being saved spiritually I guess,not corporally(word of the day).
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 08:11 PM

Yep and probably is in heaven.Saved

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Hutchy
This should be good.

I will put my faith in medical science and medically PROVEN facts over Religion, any day!
Posted By: Cragar

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 08:14 PM

Rest in peace , in his service.

Hopefully others will learn of this and not tempt with risky behavior.
Posted By: KeithC

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 08:53 PM

God is larger than the dreaded virus, but it does not mean He is going to intervene and save you. This does not seem like it should be a news story except that the liberals loathe God and the people who believe in Him.

Keith
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 09:06 PM

Our preacher said the same thing, but used common sense and has video or drive in services. Like I’ve said before, God gave us all common sense, he just can’t make everyone use it.
Posted By: imissed

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 09:18 PM

He got what he had coming!!

It might sound bad but the people that went to the service, if you die, its your own fault!
Posted By: waggler

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 09:27 PM

Oh course, God is greater. However, we are all going to die and possibly suffer pain, God never promised that we would be comfortable while on this planet. Mankind forfeited that privilege at the "fall". It always puzzles me when people think God has the duty to get them out of a jamb.
Posted By: Snowpa

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 09:34 PM

Im sticking wit God , Its the only way !
Posted By: Donnie H

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 09:37 PM

Me to !!!
Posted By: obaro

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 09:39 PM

Medical Science is constantly changing and often has conflicting opinions, seems like kind of a risky bet to put all of your faith in. Wasn't terrible long ago that doctors prescribed smoking to people to reduce stress, for example. Nowadays the medical community doesn't appear to endorse smoking for anything. As much information as is being thrown around about Covid 19 it looks to me like the medical community can't/haven't really put their finger on what to do about it either.

Is there another article that documents this preacher saying that God would protect him? I didn't find that statement in the article in the link. It does quote him as saying that God is bigger than the virus, but not the rest of what Canvasback says he said.
Posted By: amspoker

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 10:27 PM

5Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:

‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’

and,

‘In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’ ”

7Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ ”
Posted By: waggler

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 11:00 PM

I used to have a rather Pentecostalish friend who believed that God would cure any issue if you only had enough faith. If he knew anybody who had some sort of illness but wan't getting healed he surmised that the person didn't have enough faith. Of course he had good health and didn't need any healing.

He would also go rock climbing with me once and a while. So, I asked him once; "if you have enough faith why do use a rope and have me belay you while you rock climb?" He didn't have a good answer, he know I had him on a theological point.

In other words; God gives us a brain, and if we fail to use it we suffer the same consequences as every other being on this planet.
Posted By: BvrRetriever

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/14/20 11:13 PM

Folks, God knows the Plan. If your time is now, it’s part of it!
Posted By: BandB

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 12:06 AM

Is there another article that documents this preacher saying that God would protect him? I didn't find that statement in the article in the link. It does quote him as saying that God is bigger than the virus, but not the rest of what Canvasback says he said.

You don't see because it ain't in there.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by imissed
He got what he had coming!!

It might sound bad but the people that went to the service, if you die, its your own fault!

WOW!

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 12:28 AM

I have read several articles about this since it was posted. I made sure to check liberal, religion hating rags like CNN and HUFFPOST. None of the quoted him as saying God would protect him. He said he wasn't afraid to die, and God was bigger than the virus. As soon as the government ban on gatherings over 10 people was announced, the church suspended services indefinitely. Maybe some of you people shouldn't let your biases affect your reading comprehension.
Posted By: loosegoose

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 12:37 AM

Christians shouldn't expect God to save them from covid19 ( or any disease, or pain, or poverty, or sickness, etc etc), that's just silly. We live in a fallen world. Satan attacks us and the world persecuted us, and were told that this will be the case in the Bible so it shouldn't be a shock when it happens. What we have that the world doesn't have is a relationship with God, and the knowledge that when we die, we're headed to heaven and not Hades. That's why we don't fear death, and why we don't mourn as those who have no hope.
Posted By: RM trapper

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 12:41 AM

I would think he was good with whatever God's will was for him, don't sound like he was being careless just stating his faith in God. I'm sure he didn't think he was immune
Posted By: 330-Trapper

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Donnie H
Me to !!!

Me 3
Posted By: The Beav

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 12:58 AM

Sounds like his wife has also come down with It.
Posted By: charles

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 01:01 AM

God has never told us to be stupid.

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 02:11 AM

Has anyone found anything where the Bishop said that God would save and protect from the virus? I haven't seen anything. Or did the OP just ad a little "flavor" to his post?

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by obaro
Has anyone found anything where the Bishop said that God would save and protect from the virus? I haven't seen anything. Or did the OP just ad a little "flavor" to his post?

Didn't add any "flavor", to the topic. The implied meaning in the article is clear as day. The Preacher thought GOD would protect him from the Virus.

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 02:39 AM

You read a news article about what a guy said and added to it reasoning that you know what the guy was thinking by what you think is implied in the article? How confident are you in the integrity, credibility,and honesty of the author of the article? Is it just the one article on the story that you read or did you read several accounts of the story to draw you conclusion of the implication of what was written? Or is it just a random chance to crack on a man of faith because you don't like his religion?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 03:15 AM

The first 10 words of the OP seem accurate to describe the news story.
After that, I can't find the other OP comments used in this news story.
Posted By: Scuba1

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 04:16 AM

Look at it as a job promotion.
Posted By: skippyturtle

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 10:32 AM

some people will always find something to bash God and Jesus. while we should try and help those people to understand and believe it can also be a very steep up hill battle. this is clearly that type of battle. someone needed to feel good about their choices and justify them so they made a post and added their own opinion on what was "implied" by a third or further party telling the story.

it looks to me that the man had faith and knew where he was going. he also has the knowledge that God is greater than this virus. that man did not die. he has been given his reward for his duty and has his ever lasting life.

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2

Didn't add any "flavor", to the topic. The implied meaning in the article is clear as day. The Preacher thought GOD would protect him from the Virus.

There is no implied meaning in this article or any other mentioning this pastor about God protecting him from this virus. This is YOUR bias showing through. He never said or implied that God would protect him in any article I've found on this situation. He said he was not afraid to die doing what God called him to do. This IMPLIES he knew it was a possibility.
Posted By: Diggerman

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 01:18 PM

You read a news article about what a guy said and added to it reasoning that you know what the guy was thinking by what you think is implied in the article? How confident are you in the integrity, credibility,and honesty of the author of the article? Is it just the one article on the story that you read or did you read several accounts of the story to draw you conclusion of the implication of what was written? Or is it just a random chance to crack on a man of faith because you don't like his religion?

Just added a little cnn'ish to the real news.
Posted By: TreedaBlackdog

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
Originally Posted by Hutchy
This should be good.

I will put my faith in medical science and medically PROVEN facts over Religion, any day!

That is funny! Medically proven facts huh? Why do they still call them GPs then? They Practice.......and you think the flu vaccine cures the flu likely.

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 02:22 PM

Not 100 % effective, but it is better than nothing at all. It's going to take a long time to come up with a Vaccine for COVID-19. A lot of trial and error. A lot of failures in medicines that look like they might have potential in a test tube, but end up failing after continued studies. That is REAL SCIENCE !
Posted By: .204

Re: The Preacher said GOD was greater than COVID 19 - 04/15/20 02:28 PM

Yep, talk about a shameful twist. Shame, Shame, Shame! You can make a statement about not believing what this man stood for without an outright twist(lie) can't you?
© 2024 Trapperman Forums