Home

2020 Turkey season

Posted By: BullOx

2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 02:33 PM

Waiting for Saturday for my opening day. Let’s see pics from those of you who already got one
Posted By: PA.Trapper

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 02:52 PM

Good luck to you. Unfortunately ours is still weeks away. Our season I believe comes in way too late.
Posted By: pcr2

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 02:54 PM

nope,way,way too late. grin
Posted By: WV Danimal

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 03:38 PM

[Linked Image]
Bird #1 for him was an Osceola, hoping to score his first Eastern on youth day this Saturday.
Posted By: k snow

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 03:39 PM

Awesome bird, congrats to the young man.
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 04:08 PM

Congrats
Posted By: TurkeyTime

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 05:24 PM

April 4th
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 05:26 PM

Very Nice.

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyTime
April 4th
[Linked Image]

Congrats
Posted By: k snow

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 05:30 PM

Way to go TurkeyTime.

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 05:47 PM

FYI, Cabelas/Bass Pro has an unbelievable sale on the Federal TSS right now. $17 per box after rebate and sale. Normally around $36-38 per box. Cabelas prices went back to normal this morning after I ordered about 3-lifetime's supply for myself smile. Bass Pro still has the sale for now but it won't last long and I don't think you'll ever see those prices again.
Posted By: CoonsBane

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by WV Danimal
FYI, Cabelas/Bass Pro has an unbelievable sale on the Federal TSS right now. $17 per box after rebate and sale. Normally around $36-38 per box. Cabelas prices went back to normal this morning after I ordered about 3-lifetime's supply for myself smile. Bass Pro still has the sale for now but it won't last long and I don't think you'll ever see those prices again.

It says they are 14.99 for the .410 but every time I add them to my cart they are 29.99. Did you use a promo code?
Posted By: Wanna Be

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 07:36 PM

[Linked Image]

My son and I.
I killed mine straight off the limb about 5 minutes after he hit the deck. Set up between him and his hens. Roosted was definitely roasted.

My son and his wife were on birds early but couldn’t move do to the set up. He let them move off and called and asked if I could give him a hand. We located the birds and slipped in front of them. After 15 minutes or so, a hen finally answered me and we went at it. She finally had enough and was coming in to find this intrusive hen...she had 4 gobblers in tow. He shot one and the other three jumped the downed bird. I was most impressed with the fact he could have limited out right then, but chose to watch the show and leaving the 3 amigos for someone else to kill.

Now we got to get his wife one and we’re done with this property. We limit ourselves to one each on this place and it makes it a fun place to hunt each year. Plenty of gobblers every year.
Posted By: cwilson

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 08:15 PM

Sale on TSS is done with at Cabelas and only one load in 20 ga remains on sale at bass pro, but is 50% off.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/federal-premium-heavyweight-tss-turkey-shotshells.

too bad that I was too late on the 12 ga loads.

I just ordered tss ammo from midway yesterday and paid too much based on the sale available today!

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Wanna Be
[Linked Image]

My son and I.
I killed mine straight off the limb about 5 minutes after he hit the deck. Set up between him and his hens. Roosted was definitely roasted.

My son and his wife were on birds early but couldn’t move do to the set up. He let them move off and called and asked if I could give him a hand. We located the birds and slipped in front of them. After 15 minutes or so, a hen finally answered me and we went at it. She finally had enough and was coming in to find this intrusive hen...she had 4 gobblers in tow. He shot one and the other three jumped the downed bird. I was most impressed with the fact he could have limited out right then, but chose to watch the show and leaving the 3 amigos for someone else to kill.

Now we got to get his wife one and we’re done with this property. We limit ourselves to one each on this place and it makes it a fun place to hunt each year. Plenty of gobblers every year.

Congrats
Posted By: Golf ball

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 08:38 PM

My son and grandson got it done Monday morning . [Linked Image]
Posted By: PA.Trapper

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 08:54 PM

Outstanding fellas keep the pictures coming. We are getting anxious up here in pa. To get after them
Posted By: skippyturtle

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/15/20 08:56 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/16/20 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by CoonsBane
Originally Posted by WV Danimal

It says they are 14.99 for the .410 but every time I add them to my cart they are 29.99. Did you use a promo code?

Didn't have to use any promo, everything went right through with no problems. I think the system/inventory got overwhelmed as the word got out. Perfect timing for a sale on stuff like this. I also that the Hevi Mag Blends were around $18 bx on sale at Bass Pro as well. They pattern just as well in my guns and I still use them. I still have several boxes of Hevi left that I got at a gun shop going out of business for $12 bx. These mail-in rebates are a real pain to deal with and take as long as a year to return but it's worth it in the end.

2 more days until youth weekend! Saw a longbeard and hen last evening.
Posted By: sotired

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/16/20 12:23 PM

The boys and I have been out two afternoons, and one morning. Have not heard a gobble yet.

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/16/20 12:24 PM

Congrats
Posted By: trap master

Re: 2020 Turkey season - 04/17/20 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by BullOx
Waiting for Saturday for my opening day. Let’s see pics from those of you who already got one

How dare you!!!!You live in Michigan!!!! Go hide in your closet till Govenor Whitmer knows when you will be safe!!!!!
© 2024 Trapperman Forums