Home

inanimate objects

Posted By: pcr2

inanimate objects - 04/16/20 03:04 PM

without gettin in trouble---what kinda fun names have ya come up with over the years???????

was just movin firewood with my old trailer we call the 'Hamburglar"........................wobble wobble wobble.
Posted By: k snow

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 03:06 PM

Used to mow grass at the gun club with Fergie, the 53 Ferguson tractor. Not as creative as hamburglar.
Posted By: Sharon

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 03:09 PM

The big DC3 plane my father flew all the time , called it Baby..

My 300 Weatherby ... Mountain Music
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 03:22 PM

my wife mostly names our vehicles , Fiona , Jolene and I actually named the newest in the fleet , Amber. Amber is a used Utility truck and has a amber beacon on the roof makes her real easy to spot in a parking lot.

a few guns have earned names most notable Bertha (I also had a great aunt Bertha) when Bertha speaks everybody listens.
Posted By: Wright Brothers

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 03:28 PM

When I asked my Son to grab a blanking chain and Paps tractor and come over here, he knew what was up..
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 03:45 PM

Whew I thought this post was about me
Posted By: Catch22

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
Whew I thought this post was about me

Me too. grin
Posted By: Lugnut

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 03:50 PM

My wife had a 96 Civic hatchback. Something broke and/or spilled in the back and left a terrible stink that never fully went away. She dubbed the car "The Pickle Bucket" and the name stuck.

We gave it to my daughter when it had about a quarter-million miles on it and she put another quarter-million on it before driving The Pickle Bucket to the scarp yard. It still had the smell.
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 03:52 PM

Many years ago I was changing brakes on a 79 ford with improper tools as springs and tools flew my 2 year old daughter toddled over picked up a screwdriver and said Sonofa++++++ Yes Mom heard No day didn't get better

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 03:53 PM

made ham n bean soup with leeks over the weekend and dubbed it "green cloud stew."
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 04:08 PM

When we invaded Iraq in 03 I named my M16 "Black Betty" like the song ramble blam
Posted By: Tom cat

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 04:18 PM

My pops old .44 is called the cow.. cause of how much leather it took to make the holster, then there’s Maggie the .22 mag...
Posted By: chas3457

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 04:31 PM

Double barrel shotgun is a 'two row'.

Over under shotgun is a 'stack barrel'.

My Model 12 Winchester is "Beautimus Maximus"

Son's 7mm Remington mag is "Dies irae". (Latin for 'Day of Wrath')

I got names for just about everything, a lot of which would get me booted out of here forever. shocked blush

Charlie

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 04:33 PM

grin
Posted By: Swamp Wolf

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 05:14 PM

Old white Chevy S10 used to own.....Cowbone.

Wine-colored Toyota Tundra...Ruby.

Single barrel 12 ga shotgun that kicks like a mule...Bertha.
Posted By: hippie

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 05:19 PM

Had a racecar I called Nelly.

Had some other ones I called names I can't say here, and was glad when they went away, lol.

A 264win I called Homer, because it brought the meat home.
Posted By: nightlife

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 06:56 PM

My ma had a chev Chevet we called the tank because it would go through anything she pointed it at and she took it places I would hesitate to take a 4x4 and never got stuck

My dads Bowie knife that he got from my gramps is forever known by the name Bloody Mary don’t know if he named it or gramps did but its been carried through 4 wars WW1 by gramps WW2 and Korea by dad then Vietnam by my eldest brother and so I can understand it’s name

Have a Savage 99 I named DD for drop dead because every deer I have shot with it had dropped dead on the spot
Posted By: Bruce T

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 06:58 PM

My model 700 mountain rifle I call Betsy
Posted By: Leftlane

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 07:00 PM

My over and under is Thumper
Posted By: 3 Fingers

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 07:48 PM

Call my Estwing ax ‘Babe ‘ . Babe the blue ax.
Posted By: MikeTraps2

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 08:26 PM

I call my truck "The Great Pumpkin" as is a DOT auction truck and its blaze orange

The rifle my Dad gave me has always been referred to as simply "The 6" (Remington 6mm)

I call my coyote dispatch ax handle "My Whumpin Stick"
Posted By: BruceDafter

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 08:36 PM

The 84 Honda 4wheeler that usually starts on one pull and I still ride is called 'Timex'. I had a Ford Ranger when I was younger that I called 'The Gelding'.
Posted By: Jags

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 08:58 PM

Take my 3yr old grandson to the playground. Ask him what he wants to do. Push me on the swing Grampa. After awhile I ask him why I have to always push him on the dang swing, when is it my turn? He told me I was to big. I picked him up at daycare the next day and he wanted to go to the park and go on the dang swing. It's been the dang swing ever since.
Posted By: Pest's Dad

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Wild_WI
When we invaded Iraq in 03 I named my M16 "Black Betty" like the song ramble blam

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Kevin Colpetzer

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 09:16 PM

Call my buddy, Blister, because he always shows up after the hard work is done, just like a blister.
Posted By: Hobbs

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 09:18 PM

My ole .270 has been "Matilda" for 20 years. Everyone calls it that.
Posted By: tomahawker

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 09:35 PM

Got a Lil Browning BLR 22 called Ole Kill All. One day I leaned it up agin a tree and ran up to the house, when I came back there was 2 dead squirrels beside it.
Posted By: cotton

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 10:18 PM

My son named my old cva 50 call sidelock boom flop.
Said when dad shoots it deer goes flop
Posted By: K-zoo

Re: inanimate objects - 04/16/20 10:27 PM

I've got an old 12 ga. 870 Remington Wingmaster I bought when I graduated high school back in '76. When duck hunting with my son and his buddy I always refer to it as the "Grim Reaper' because every time I shoot it, something dies! grin We always have fun talking smack.
Posted By: traprjohn

Re: inanimate objects - 04/17/20 01:21 AM

My daughter shooting "Boomer" the Blackhawk .41 Mag.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Brian Mongeau

Re: inanimate objects - 04/17/20 03:26 AM

I call my wood splitter The Beast. My brother in law made it with a piston from a dump truck and an I-beam. Had a piece of crap Briggs and Stratton engine, but I finally had it replaced with a Honda.
Posted By: Bigbrownie

Re: inanimate objects - 04/17/20 04:05 AM

I had a Gravely L mower I called Death on Wheels. My beater Hyundai Accent was the Ratmobile. Not because it hauled muskrats, just because it was so ratty.
Posted By: iowayote

Re: inanimate objects - 04/17/20 06:45 AM

Turkey gun: Death Wind

1980 Chevy Blazer: Lurch

1984 Toyota Pickup: Growly (lrg hold in exhaust)
Posted By: spotter

Re: inanimate objects - 04/17/20 08:56 AM

Buddy has a little 1960 20 foot travel trailer we would use when we went duck hunting we call “little bob weaver” cause we’ll, you know.
Posted By: ToTheWoods

Re: inanimate objects - 04/17/20 10:52 AM

My first little fishing boat which I still have is called the "Bloody Bucket". Man that little thing has seen some fish. Buddy calls my new boat the "Tooth Whisperer" because every time he steps on board we always seem to kill the walleyes or the musky's. After I totaled my 2000 F150 and put it back together we have called it "Black Delila". An old Glenfield .22 I bought years ago is called "Sharpshooter" because when I got it it was anything but. Great little shooter now after a small repair.
© 2024 Trapperman Forums