Home

Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month.

Posted By: Badger23

Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/16/20 07:50 PM

I don't think anyone posted this yet but I just had it pop up on my email from the Telegraph Herald. Evers has put a shelter in place order through May 26th. The resorts and small businesses are getting kicked in the crotch on this one. This is not a good way to start off the summer in a state that is highly tourism driven. Memorial Day Weekend is gone before it started. As of right now there's 3 cases in my county. (Crawford) My home county (Grant) has 8.

Iowa's governor also popped the northeast corner right across from me with a stronger shelter in place order today as well through April 30th. The press release on that said no leisure activities so no campgrounds and recreation I assume. Travel is supposed to be for essential errands or traveling to work at an essential job.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/16/20 08:28 PM

yup , they closed all DNR managed boat ramps on the lower Wisconsin today also I saw.
Posted By: corky

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/16/20 08:45 PM

Vilas County has 4 cases. Oneida County has 6 cases. This will devastate these 2 counties which rely heavily on tourism. It's apparent that Evers wants to inflict as much damage to the economy of northern WI as possible.
Posted By: GREENCOUNTYPETE

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/16/20 09:17 PM

the people who tourist come from the places with the most covid they would just be bringing it to you.

if we could close state borders to all non residents and keep everyone in SE WI , dane , rock , brown , Washington and fondulac counties at home maybe but then were would the tourists come from?other tourist destination?

as much as I am not an Evers fan I don't think crippling the tourist economy is his goal.

I have family who's whole income is tourism. they live year round on summer income. I don't know what they are going to do.

Door county is already seeing full July food consumption at the Grocery store in Sister bay. it wouldn't surprise me if the cases they do have came in with the ILL cabin and condo owners

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/16/20 09:53 PM

I still fail to see why sportsmen can't go fishing or boating. This isn't a communist country. (YET). We seem to be headed there at a rapid pace. So if they closed the boat ramps are they going to close the public lands for turkey hunting. What's the difference?

So much for Evers being remotely decent for sportsmen, gun owners or anyone believing in personal freedom. How can anyone that believes in any of those rights vote for a Democrat?

GCP I fully respect your view but I disagree with you. The agenda being pushed is to cripple the economy at any cost. I just hope it backfires on the Democrats.
Posted By: Pike River

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/16/20 09:58 PM

I'm fine with it.

We're not locked in our homes. Life has slowed down. When this first started making news in February I figured it would be a more sever lock down and go till the Tuesday after memorial day.

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/16/20 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
yup , they closed all DNR managed boat ramps on the lower Wisconsin today also I saw.

I haven't been to a boat ramp so I really dont know. But how do they "close" a ramp? Are they putting barriers up?
Posted By: Rat Masterson

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/16/20 10:03 PM

Any one that thinks virus is going to be gone at the end of May or any other month is kidding them selves. When or if they open up the economy cases will rise again. In the mean time the U.S., the States, counties, and cities will all be broke as well as many 10s of 1000s of businesses.
Posted By: Sprung & Rusty

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/16/20 10:10 PM

I heard he was possibly opening golf courses and easing up on other restriction too during the extended period. Schools got shut down for the rest of the year as well.

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/16/20 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sprung&Rusty
I heard he was possibly opening golf courses and easing up on other restriction too during the extended period. Schools got shut down for the rest of the year as well.

Darn...no more free golf then. The links by my place we've just been walking on.

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/16/20 10:26 PM

He's letting golf courses open up but no pro shops or clubhouses. If you get your lawn care done it's supposed to be by one person not a crew I guess. Not sure how that's going to work on commercial jobs and landscaping projects. That's crippling that type of business as well.

Breaking everyone may be part of their plan. I think it is so the government can "help" everybody. Sadly many would walk out of their houses and climb in the back of a truck in an orderly fashion and go for a ride to a concentration camp. Remember when Bernie's campaign guy said conservatives needed re-educated?? Here's their chance.
Posted By: Rat Trapper Sr.

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 02:54 PM

That's what ya get for voting for a stipid Dem!

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Trapper Sr.
That's what ya get for voting for a stipid Dem!

No, Evers cheated. He put marijuana on the ballot in 5 strategic counties. Milwaukee which has a huge impact on voting and you know they want their weed. Madison, also a huge impact on the vote, full of liberal hippies that want to smoke it up. That's one issues with large populated areas having an impact on who wins. Walker won most of the state, and still loses.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 05:07 PM

The shut down idea is a debatable plan.

Some say, and our government insists that it slows or stops the spread if you can't get close enough to someone to transmit it. TRUE!

The problem is spread or not, the virus will not go away. We can't stay isolated forever. Sooner or later we will need to face our foe. I'd rather do it now. We now have plenty of resources to treat the virus, and almost no PPE, ie: masks, gloves, and sanitizer to prevent it.

This is the time to re-open our world.
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 05:10 PM

I haven't heard of any resource that's available to treat the virus.
Posted By: nimzy

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 06:00 PM

I thought the idea was to slow the spread to buy time. Time for science, time for healthcare. I would trust the experts on this one. And Trump ain’t no expert.
Posted By: MJM

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by nimzy
I thought the idea was to slow the spread to buy time. Time for science, time for healthcare. I would trust the experts on this one. And Trump ain’t no expert.

The idea was to crash the economy and get rid of Trump. The entire thing is blown way out of wack. The reason everyone is scare is the media told them to be.
[Linked Image]

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 06:19 PM

Ok
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 06:23 PM

There are no such thing as an expert on this virus. Know one really seems to know anything. It is buying time for them to not tell us there is no cure for this or any other corona virus. The insane have taken over the asylum up there. LLL

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by MJM

The idea was to crash the economy and get rid of Trump. The entire thing is blown way out of wack. The reason everyone is scare is the media told them to be.
[Linked Image]

I wonder who orchestrated this pandemic conspiracy? I thought it was worldwide?

God?
Posted By: LLtrapper

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by MJM

[Linked Image]

This does not have a forecast of the fall /early winter for this virus so it is skewed. It will still be here in the fall when we start moving inside a lot. Those numbers could get worse. LLL
Posted By: The Beav

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 06:36 PM

Is the regular flu as contagious as Covid 19?

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 06:41 PM

I’ve never seen a country shut down cause someone had the flu.
Posted By: DanN

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 07:34 PM

Illinois is locked down now all their residents are coming to Indiana to fish. Today we stopped at several fishing areas around my location and there were more Illinois license plates than Indiana. If you vote Dem stay in you own craphole state.
Posted By: hippie

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 07:35 PM

Also, flu numbers went to zero when they started tracking covid. Hmm.
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 08:20 PM

A truck just came by my place heading to the boat landing with 4 young guys sitting in the boat, close as can be, yelling their heads off with head-banger music blasting from the truck, which also had people in it.

Better get geared up for a rescue run.

Moosetrot

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 08:30 PM

That's part of my point. This is not going away. Are we going to stay shut down forever? I feel you are better off to ride it out than try to hide from it. People die every year, all the time. Its part of life, get on with it. Are we going shut down every time someone dies?
Posted By: Foxpaw

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by MJM

That's part of my point. This is not going away. Are we going to stay shut down forever? I feel you are better off to ride it out than try to hide from it. People die every year, all the time. Its part of life, get on with it. Are we going shut down every time someone dies?

What percent of your work force has to get sick before you can't operate. Can you replace them in a minutes notice to carry on with someone that doesn't know the business?

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 09:43 PM

Foxpaw, you can run a business and be safe. At my work all the tables are separated in the lunch room. One person to a small table. Social distancing is being done out on the floor. And here's the real kicker,
Ready.........wash your dang hands before you eat.

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 10:04 PM

Well there is a lot of people that must not be washing their hands. I read where that the aerosol can stay in the air for three hours. If a building is not set up to exchange the air but has like ceiling fans just stirring the air, I think the hands is a feel good thing. They say mask are not needed for the one wearing them but in case the infected coughs or sneezes then it protects others. Now at first they said wear no mask and I can understand there wasn't enough n95 to go around. If they protect the medical staff then they must be doing some good. Even if I wash my hands then the first time I wipe my hair or beard then my hands are dirty again.
I know how air currents can move fine mist spray even on a day when the wind is calm so I'm not buying that mask aren't needed except to protect others. Not only wash your hands but your shoes and or feet too, or you will track droplets in on your carpets and contaminate the whole family.
Posted By: T-Rex

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Beav
I haven't heard of any resource that's available to treat the virus.
I know you don't hear so well. There are several anecdotal cures, as well as tons of hospital beds and ventillators. It is true that there is no clinically proven cure. Being a virus there probably never will be that vaccine that they claim to be months off. The point is that we are in a better place now than we will be any time in the near future. If we wait beyond the near future. we will all be on our own, as there will be no government, no jobs, no money, and just like now, no available masks, gloves or sanitizing chemicals.

We need to come out of hiding and deal with this thing.
Posted By: Co�s

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by MJM

[Linked Image]

I have no problem in making this comparison, in 2021, when we can put "2020 Covid deaths" up there next to 2018 flu deaths.

It's been here in Michigan for about 5 weeks. That ain't a comparison, unless we cherry pick the worst 5 weeks of flu deaths to show alongside it. These charts are about as misleading as it gets.
Posted By: walleye101

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 10:38 PM

"These charts are about as misleading as it gets."

And that's coming from a guy that was speading misleading mortality rates from "confirmed covid cases."

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by walleye101
"These charts are about as misleading as it gets."

And that's coming from a guy that was speading misleading mortality rates from "confirmed covid cases."

Your neighbors dog could say it and it would still be true.

When comparing your trapline numbers from one year to the next, would you compare a few weeks of one year to an entire season of effort for the other and expect to gain any useful information, without taking that difference into account?

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 10:55 PM

Also, if you can explain to me what I'm missing in that chart, and what I should learn from it, please explain. Thanks.
Posted By: Bogmaster

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/19/20 11:10 PM

Comparing a years worth of flu to a couple months of corona virus is pretty misleading.
Beav,the virus is supposed to spread much easier than the regular flu.I believe the number was 5 times the number of flu.
Tom

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 01:05 AM

Foxpaw, you can run a business and be safe. At my work all the tables are separated in the lunch room. One person to a small table. Social distancing is being done out on the floor. And here's the real kicker,
Ready.........wash your dang hands before you eat.

Keep your eyes peeled for the INVISIBLE enemy. And wash your hands before you eat or pick your nose or rub your eyes. We got this.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 01:14 AM

When I was in Stoughton didn't look like any NAFA employees were in danger. wink

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 01:20 AM

Look what happened to NAFA.
Tom

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 01:29 AM

Yup safest place inWI
Posted By: upstateNY

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by DanN
Illinois is locked down now all their residents are coming to Indiana to fish. Today we stopped at several fishing areas around my location and there were more Illinois license plates than Indiana. If you vote Dem stay in you own craphole state.

Where they biting,,I'm on my way.
Posted By: Dirt

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 01:37 AM

Yup safest place inWI

The government keep saving us long enough and we will all be writing NAFA checks. smile
Posted By: NonPCfed

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 01:53 AM

You gius in Wiscosin must breah on each other a lot launching a boat OR does Evers even know what a boat launch is...?

I've been tracking NYT data map for the last 3 or so weeks by doing some rough caculations from their number of "cases' (positive tests) and number of deaths. Obviously a simple "death rate" from that isn't the real death rate but its what can be gleaned from their simple map and can be tracked over time.

I've tracked two things; the percent of "cases" that NY state, and in April I added NJ as well, as a percent of the national cases. And a very crude and not real "death rate" by dividing deaths by total cases.

In the first metric, NY state and then NJ has accounted for north of 45% of the national cases since at least March 24 (over 50% then). I only started writing them down starting April 9 (this in in the am) it was 45.8%, had dropped to 44.6% by April 14, and this morning it was 43.7%. Yeah, the virus is spreading but its still spatially concentrated. And its been bad news in those states.

What's more interesting is how my crude "death rate" has steadily climbed. Back during that first week when I started keeping track (circa Mar 24) it was about 1.4% but it has jumped considerably over time, gaining about a percent a week to now 4.6% (dropped a little since late last week). In conparison, South Dakota's "death rate" (deaths/positive test) was 0.45% as of Friday, even with the Smithfield packing plant "No. 1 'hotspot'" (of course perhaps this is a bit too early to know who deaths will climb from that but...). CCDC has changed how they're counting deaths, and is now cooking the books, in my opinion, by counting anyone who has tested positive and died as a "covid" death no matter what other health condition they had. So, if a person was stage 4 cancer and probably wouldn't live past this summer but died in April, the virus killed them, not cancer. I also heard that ave pneumonia deaths for this March compared to recent past years has dropped way off...hmmm, wonder what side of the ledger they are being counted now.

Covid is bad news, no doubt, but when you start adding in deaths from other conditions that would have probably happened anyway and crediting the virus for it, something seriously doesn't smell right. A grand social experiment is underway, for how many purposes we don't really know, but its not all to just control a nasty but not Stephen King's The Stand sort of outbreak. We'll see where it heads and keep your eyes on a swivel...
Posted By: Patrice

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 02:13 AM

Complete destruction of the economy Trump built.
Businesses shut down and beyond the ability to reopen.
Population completely dependent upon government.
Government promising to pay citizens directly and to take care of them.
Total government control.
The socialist dream.
Posted By: DanN

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 02:31 AM

Being in upstate New York I'm sure your fishing is ten times better than what we have in Indiana or river otter central as I like to call it.

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 02:41 AM

I don't understand closing the boat landings on the lower WI riverway. The one closest to me rarely has more than 1 or 2 vehicles at it this time of year. Quite often on weekdays no one uses it. That includes the summertime.It's political grandstanding by Evers.

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 02:54 AM

Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub in Wauwatosa is opening the dining room on May 1st no matter what he says. He said he's worked to hard to let his dream slip away.
Posted By: red mt

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Patrice
Complete destruction of the economy Trump built.
Businesses shut down and beyond the ability to reopen.
Population completely dependent upon government.
Government promising to pay citizens directly and to take care of them.
Total government control.
The socialist dream.

Spot on
Democrats well do not fell bad Montana one our own I hope we can get rid of in November laugh grin
Posted By: Tactical.20

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 04:42 AM

The people wont stand for another month, shes an idiot

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 07:07 AM

Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub in Wauwatosa is opening the dining room on May 1st no matter what he says. He said he's worked to hard to let his dream slip away.

Man people were flipping their lid over this on FB.

What does the guy have to lose? If he pisses a bunch of people off and they boycott him he might go out of business or he can stay closed and will go out of business.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Pike River

Man people were flipping their lid over this on FB.

What does the guy have to lose? If he pisses a bunch of people off and they boycott him he might go out of business or he can stay closed and will go out of business.

Things have to start opening but I will say they need to find safe, creative way to do so. Example, would be only have so many tables and have the spread out, workers need masks/shields etc. or some creative ways for opening thing up slowly.
Posted By: snowy

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by NonPCfed
You gius in Wiscosin must breah on each other a lot launching a boat OR does Evers even know what a boat launch is...?

I've been tracking NYT data map for the last 3 or so weeks by doing some rough caculations from their number of "cases' (positive tests) and number of deaths. Obviously a simple "death rate" from that isn't the real death rate but its what can be gleaned from their simple map and can be tracked over time.

I've tracked two things; the percent of "cases" that NY state, and in April I added NJ as well, as a percent of the national cases. And a very crude and not real "death rate" by dividing deaths by total cases.

In the first metric, NY state and then NJ has accounted for north of 45% of the national cases since at least March 24 (over 50% then). I only started writing them down starting April 9 (this in in the am) it was 45.8%, had dropped to 44.6% by April 14, and this morning it was 43.7%. Yeah, the virus is spreading but its still spatially concentrated. And its been bad news in those states.

What's more interesting is how my crude "death rate" has steadily climbed. Back during that first week when I started keeping track (circa Mar 24) it was about 1.4% but it has jumped considerably over time, gaining about a percent a week to now 4.6% (dropped a little since late last week). In conparison, South Dakota's "death rate" (deaths/positive test) was 0.45% as of Friday, even with the Smithfield packing plant "No. 1 'hotspot'" (of course perhaps this is a bit too early to know who deaths will climb from that but...). CCDC has changed how they're counting deaths, and is now cooking the books, in my opinion, by counting anyone who has tested positive and died as a "covid" death no matter what other health condition they had. So, if a person was stage 4 cancer and probably wouldn't live past this summer but died in April, the virus killed them, not cancer. I also heard that ave pneumonia deaths for this March compared to recent past years has dropped way off...hmmm, wonder what side of the ledger they are being counted now.

Covid is bad news, no doubt, but when you start adding in deaths from other conditions that would have probably happened anyway and crediting the virus for it, something seriously doesn't smell right. A grand social experiment is underway, for how many purposes we don't really know, but its not all to just control a nasty but not Stephen King's The Stand sort of outbreak. We'll see where it heads and keep your eyes on a swivel...

Spot On!
Posted By: jeff karsten

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 12:42 PM

We can still fish in Michigan from the shore or in a Canoe or Kayak

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by jeff karsten
We can still fish in Michigan from the shore or in a Canoe or Kayak

This is America. You can fish in your motorboat. I would be. If you keep your social distance and you still get a ticket. Tell am to pound sand and see you in court.

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 01:28 PM

What's the equation for figuring that some one who wants to not spread the kung flu is liberals and left wingers.

Looks to me like its just the opposite in that they don't care for other people and want to spread the kung flu even more to make the President look bad ?

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 01:35 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hodagtrapper

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 01:37 PM

Head scratcher for sure MJM!

Chris
Posted By: k snow

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 01:43 PM

All the parking area in Kettle Moraine were roped off, so there were cars parked all along the shoulders this weekend. Cause that's safe.

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 01:46 PM

How about the owners make their decisions to open or not and the customers make their decision to frequent the business or not.
Posted By: Marty

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 01:52 PM

The resident non fishing/hunting thing only makes sense from the perspective of not wanting people to be able to provide their own food....vs store bought food.

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 02:17 PM

Rat,look at the above grocery shoppers.Just shows you how many dumb clowns there are. Kids have been doing our grocery shopping for us the last few weeks,they have said they can't believe how ignorant of distancing they are. They all have complained about people crowding next to them. My daughter has stated --its a good thing she wasn't carrying.
Tom

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 03:45 PM

Tom, I agree, some people are dumb, but I stand by my statement. If a business opens up no is forced to go, if at risk stay home.

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
How about the owners make their decisions to open or not and the customers make their decision to frequent the business or not.

Exactly. The owner of the bar said he's opening up no matter what. He is also separating tables and doing things to promote social distancing so he can keep his business and keep people safe.

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 11:20 PM

Here it comes round 2.

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/20/20 11:23 PM

If he can turn a profit with half his tables being sat a time more power to him.
Posted By: Steven 49er

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/21/20 12:57 AM

Here it comes round 2.

Is that bad?

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/21/20 01:38 AM

Inevitable.
Posted By: Wild_WI

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/21/20 02:47 AM

Anyone notice how Evers looks like skelator from he-man
Posted By: Moosetrot

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/21/20 02:50 AM

He takes transparency a little far. I swear if you hold a flashlight to his back it would show in the front.

Moosetrot
Posted By: tlguy

Re: Evers keeps Wisconsin closed for another month. - 04/21/20 02:51 AM

He's the cryptkeeper.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Trapperman Forums